Old 2007-11-20, 16:45   Link #641
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol poor low self esteemed kei
indeed i think that she could be popular as well...just look at Kyosuke

pity...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 00:34   Link #642
chupacabra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
She is not aiming to hurt the other person (though that is exactly what she ends up doing.
Kinda true, she doesn't aim at hurting people, like chihiro for example, but she doesn't give a damm about hurting/killing others if that'll get her what she wants, i wouldn't be surprise if she became next kotonoha
Old 2007-11-21, 01:05   Link #643
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupacabra View Post
Kinda true, she doesn't aim at hurting people, like chihiro for example, but she doesn't give a damm about hurting/killing others if that'll get her what she wants, i wouldn't be surprise if she became next kotonoha
Spoiler for about chihiro and renji:
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 01:31   Link #644
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
Spoiler for about chihiro and renji:
Spoiler:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 01:47   Link #645
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
-_-

Eh? Where did you get the idea that she didn't give a care about hurting others to get what she wants?

She obviously regrets ruining Chihiro's life.
She's not THAT cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler:
Well said.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 02:13   Link #646
chupacabra

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
-_-

Eh? Where did you get the idea that she didn't give a care about hurting others to get what she wants?

She obviously regrets ruining Chihiro's life.
She's not THAT cold.
By the fact she hasn't even blame herself even once? while even hiro has blame at least a dozen times, even in the "moment" when chihiro had the accident she didn't really show any concern of sadness about what it had happened.

Like i said i wouldn't be surprise if she becomes the next kotonoha, while miyako would be more like of a sekai.
Old 2007-11-21, 02:31   Link #647
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

@relentless: arr thank you so much, I was like trying to figure it out on the blog while i was writing =3

@chuba: On Kei, she didn't move on because she felt that she did not deserve to be with Hiro after the fact that she is somewhat indirectly the cause of why Chihiro had the accident. I personally do not think that it's her fault since it is simply bad luck for the accident to happen but the memories of Kei has caused her to stop moving completely. I am very sure that she regrets it so much that it causes her own love for Hiro to stagnate due to the event.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 02:58   Link #648
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
By the fact she hasn't even blame herself even once? while even hiro has blame at least a dozen times, even in the "moment" when chihiro had the accident she didn't really show any concern of sadness about what it had happened.

Like i said i wouldn't be surprise if she becomes the next kotonoha, while miyako would be more like of a sekai.
She has blamed herself.

After the accident, she was crying saying it was her fault.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 11:16   Link #649
Liingo
Love Hina?

Holy.....

I'll have to wait a while to recover from the second half of ep7. The text crawling across the screen, plus the Voice acting behing Miya was incredibly awesome, yet shock inducing at the same time.

I'll update this post once I've had the time to digest what just happened...
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 11:26   Link #650
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched the Conclave-Mendoi sub of Episode 07....

.....wow.

Never before have I seen mere text crawling across the screen, accompanied only by a voice with absolutely nothing else happening, be so terribly powerful. That's something even the kami-sakuga of KyoAni's CLANNAD ep07 cannot achieve, I'll give Shinbo that much.

I've just found a great deal of new-found respect for Shinbo. When he knows what he's doing, he REALLY knows what he's doing. This is one of those episodes where merely rating a 10 is simply not enough.

EDIT: Right now, I can feel myself shaking. It's past midnight here, and I really regret opening this episode to watch half an hour ago; I don't know how I'm supposed to go to sleep, now. I thought the first half of the episode, with its deep insight on Renji's deepest fears, was already good enough to qualify it for a 9...but the second half of total insight into Miyako's increasing paranoia was....simply terrifying. This is one of the best definitions of "psychological thriller".....damn, man. Damn.

I don't think I can pass up writing a blog article about this episode soon. For now though, I'll try to go to sleep, and hope I don't suffer a nightmare. If I do, I'll let you guys know.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 13:21   Link #651
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I've just found a great deal of new-found respect for Shinbo. When he knows what he's doing, he REALLY knows what he's doing. This is one of those episodes where merely rating a 10 is simply not enough.
Well, in the interests of giving credit where it's due, keep in mind that Shinbo's only a supervisor/advisor on this show. The episode itself was storyboarded and directed personally by the series director, Shin Oonuma. I suppose you could say he's "Shinbo's disciple" or something, but I think he deserves the props; considering this is his first TV series as director, and given his personal involvement with this episode, I'd say the "apprentice" is doing quite well.

And yeah, now that people are watching this with the sub, I hope they'll consider reading back in the thread to see the first reactions of those of us who watched the raw too. Just superb.
Old 2007-11-21, 13:28   Link #652
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Spoiler:
I agree with this with her tone of voice the last message send was her realizing/saying how much he truely meant to her, having feelings she never experience before and her "help me"to hiro was indeed more of a heartfelt plea rather then a desperate attempt.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 13:44   Link #653
Kouvley

I dropped this show after 2eps.

Despite having watched and enjoyed most of Shinbo + SHAFT's previous works I found the unorthodox style coupled with some horribly unnatural character animations very distracting, to the point where trying to follow what was going on became a chore.

However, I let some episodes build up and decided to watch it again from the beginning.....

The difference was like day and night. Everything just seemed to "work" this time and Iam thoroughly enjoying the show now.

Ep7: Wow.....apart from Renji's silhouette scene where the movement seemed a bit over dramatic, everything else was just incredible both visually and aurally.

Needless to say, Miyako's text scene was the highlight - very powerful and chilling. Kei deleting all the text messages was a big "uh oh..." for me.

Looking forward to the next ep!
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 13:52   Link #654
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouvley View Post

Despite having watched and enjoyed most of Shinbo + SHAFT's previous works I found the unorthodox style coupled with some horribly unnatural character animations very distracting, to the point where trying to follow what was going on became a chore.

However, I let some episodes build up and decided to watch it again from the beginning.....

The difference was like day and night. Everything just seemed to "work" this time and Iam thoroughly enjoying the show now.
This actually really doesn't surprise me at all. As I said back in the beginning, this is a show that definitely seems to work better in a re-watch, since you've had the chance to "adjust" to the style and anticipate what's coming. I always gain much, much better insights on the story on the second viewing, and can appreciate the little visual touches even more (even if I might have thought them to be strange or out-of-place the first time through). So I'm glad to see that you gave the show a second chance and that it's working for you now. That seems to be the sort of show this is, somehow.
Old 2007-11-21, 14:04   Link #655
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
rewatched with the subs and wow...mind rape all over again
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 15:44   Link #656
deffusse
otaku[SK]

myako>>
Spoiler for mya-mya:
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 16:49   Link #657
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
I got sensations of nice boat from this episode. Oh god, it was so depressing
neutralizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 16:59   Link #658
d.sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouvley View Post

I was also put off by the style and the pacing of the show when I picked up this series. The SHAFT style was so random and distracting for me in the beginning...but in this ep I thought it worked wonders. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.

Boy I feel sorry for...pretty much every character in this show Especially for Renji. Talk about lose-lose... He's finally realized how painful it is to be too close to Chihiro, but at the same time he can't really leave her, because he's already too big a part of Chihiro's life. Poor guy...What can he do? Devote himself to Chihiro? He's realizing that may be impossible. Living for someone who has her feelings reset every day would take some incredible strength of character and love from Renji. Or he could take himself out of her life by modifying her diary...but I don't think he could bring himself to do that. In any case, whatever he does will be very painful.

On the other hand, the love triangle could have a happy ending if Kei could forgive herself and move on. But Renji's got no favorable outcomes. Poor guy.
d.sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 21:09   Link #659
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
EDIT: Right now, I can feel myself shaking. It's past midnight here, and I really regret opening this episode to watch half an hour ago; I don't know how I'm supposed to go to sleep, now. I thought the first half of the episode, with its deep insight on Renji's deepest fears, was already good enough to qualify it for a 9...but the second half of total insight into Miyako's increasing paranoia was....simply terrifying. This is one of the best definitions of "psychological thriller".....damn, man. Damn.

I don't think I can pass up writing a blog article about this episode soon. For now though, I'll try to go to sleep, and hope I don't suffer a nightmare. If I do, I'll let you guys know.
Sounds very much like the situation I was in last night. Damm. My thoughts on the episode now that I've actually had the time to digest what happened.

Quote:
And yeah, now that people are watching this with the sub, I hope they'll consider reading back in the thread to see the first reactions of those of us who watched the raw too. Just superb.
That was prety much the first thing I did as soon as I finished watching it.

It's utterly amazing what was achieved with just text and her voice acting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
rewatched with the subs and wow...mind rape all over again
Tell me about it. I'm re-watching it as I type this... I'm not sure why I'm subjecting myself to this...

Now on to my thoughts.

i'm still reeling from the epic mind rape that was ef: A tale of memories ep7.

Watched it this morning at 1in the morning, and what seemed to be a normal episode in the first half, quickly descended into the madness of Miyako's mind.
Who could have known that just text scrolling across the screen and the voice acting of Miyako's seiyuu would be so utterly effective.
Spoiler for spoilers:
I can't wait for next week and how this is going to pan out. Definately one of the standouts this season, and quite possibly an addition to my top ten.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 22:08   Link #660
westbluef
The Jesting Fool

The series Is just especially with ep. 7

After Miyako's hopelessness I'm putting this show on my top of my priority list.

Damn, I still feel a bit empty inside...
westbluef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft