AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-07-18, 20:32   Link #2961
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Then just log in the accounts once per .. 3 ? 6 ? months or something. Whoa, must be a huge deal to spend five minutes per six months to login your accounts. I wouldn't even dare to set off on a such big journey.
Old 2009-07-18, 20:34   Link #2962
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Then just log in the accounts once per .. 3 ? 6 ? months or something. Whoa, must be a huge deal to spend five minutes per six months to login your accounts. I wouldn't even dare to set off on a such big journey.
That's what I'm already doing, just want to know if I don't need to do that.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 00:47   Link #2963
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I knows they have same area, but in this case the signature is restricted by size and the two dimensions. Just like how they restrict your bag when you get on an air plane (except it's 3 dimensions there)
So you can't have a bag that magically becomes bigger and smaller? =P

Quote:
The reason behind this (as i think) are
- firstly, to prevent any signature longer than the normal screen that most ppl used.
What do you mean?
Spoiler:
Quote:
- secondly, i visited several forum without the "restricted dimension" signature, and i don't know the actual reasons, but it's really hard to see where a post end and another posts started when the whole page is crammed with signatures. While i hate the size restriction is animesuki (especially when my desired avatar or signature was just 10 inches longer or 0.1 kb bigger). But i admit comparing to other site the dimensions restriction does make the whole site looks neater
Think about it, if its long its narrow (80px) , if it can't fit its the normal 500 x 160 so it doesn't add more vertical space then a normal one.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:04   Link #2964
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
So you can't have a bag that magically becomes bigger and smaller? =P
Eh don't get what you means xD
I think you means: you can't change the bag size but you can change the signature size? The dimension restriction is just an example here...

Quote:
What do you mean?
Spoiler:
Think about it, if its long its narrow (80px) , if it can't fit its the normal 500 x 160 so it doesn't add more vertical space then a normal one.
When you load a really large pictures on screen (assume it's not 80x1000 but 40x 2000 for example), the window will have both the vertical and horizontal scroll, and if you want to read some1 argument in same page, you will have to use both horizontal and vertical scroll, which is really annoying
This post is a good example (hope he didn't modify it yet)

The point here is not about how much space it will take, but how neat the forum will looks like if so. This depend largely on our monitor size. Maybe if everyone had 50 inches monitor, then we can have a signature of 500x 1500
Old 2009-07-19, 05:05   Link #2965
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
When you load a really large pictures on screen (assume it's not 80x1000 but 40x 2000 for example), the window will have both the vertical and horizontal scroll, and if you want to read some1 argument in same page, you will have to use both horizontal and vertical scroll, which is really annoying
This post is a good example (hope he didn't modify it yet)

The point here is not about how much space it will take, but how neat the forum will looks like if so. This depend largely on our monitor size. Maybe if everyone had 50 inches monitor, then we can have a signature of 500x 1500
Yes but I was specifically referring to using two (and no more) images of a maximum size of 500x80 one after the other (both on the same line) so if it fits (and lets face it 1000px isn't that wide) its all good and your signature would take less space, if however the monitor or window is too narrow it will wrap and the 1000x80 will turn into a 500x160 on the fly (no creation of scroll bars unless your window becomes less then 500px wide).

Because the signature would have this resizing property would that not make it legal? =P

The thing is if your monitor or window is less then 1100 or so you won't even notice its not actually a 500x160 signature, so it all then depends on what conditions are we suppose to measure 500x160 px, hence why its a silly question.
Old 2009-07-19, 14:41   Link #2966
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Because the signature would have this resizing property would that not make it legal?
As such a situation remains untested, I can only speak hypothetically and give opinion. I would class it as unacceptable based on the rules as they currently stand. Although it renders okay at the lower resolutions, it does not keep within the limits at higher resolutions.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 15:30   Link #2967
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Although it renders okay at the lower resolutions, it does not keep within the limits at higher resolutions.
Fair enough. I won't nitpick at the rules as I've done that already (for which given the time passed, I'm guessing the answer was "no" as well).
Old 2009-07-19, 20:30   Link #2968
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
It isn't a huge deal to spend the time logging into the account, but remembering to log in at all can be a problem. I have a Hotmail account that I've used purely as a spam and signup account for many years, and I can't tell you how many times it's been completely wiped due to being inactivated from my not logging in once every few months. That's an annoyance; it'd be closer to a disaster if that were an account that I used for important business.

Of course, what monstert is worried about is even more concerning. It's one thing to have a webmail account that closes because you're not logging in (and thus probably not using it much); it'd be another to be actively using it through a mail client and for it to suddenly go silent.

I use an offline client to manage some 4+ email addresses - it's fantastic. Webmail interfaces have come a long way since I started on the internet, but dedicated mail clients are invaluable to me. monstert, I can't say for certain that a mail client's activity will count toward every single service provider's activity requirements. My fiancee and I have multiple gmail accounts linked up to our mail clients and have been using them this way without logging in for a year or longer, and haven't had any issues with inactivity (but to be honest, I wasn't aware that gmail even had an inactivity time period). I'd try to contact the service provider and find out - that, or experiment and find out Good luck.
Old 2009-07-20, 04:11   Link #2969
monster

Thanks for the info, Ledgem. It's good to know about Gmail. And you're right, going to the source would be better since they're all different. Just wanted to throw it out there in case someone here had actual first-hand experience, like yours with Gmail.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 03:25   Link #2970
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Anyway , new silly question, silly question:

Question:Yesterday after running after the tram (more like "race along with it", the tram win, i lost, still got onto it thank to the red light ), and by the time i got onto it, my whole body feel like it almost shut down. My head and stomach hurt. My hand and my leg totally numb... I could barely keeps my body stand up straight, and the 15 mins on tram + 15 mins walking back home(from the tram station) feel like hell

Anyway it hasn't occured to me before. Was assuming because i didn't have much exercise for the past few months, and have a really light lunch yesterday (so ran out of energy or some sort....) But yeah a short nap at home and few Panadol fixed me up.

So yeah my questions are: was it simply because i ran out of energy?.... and if so what is the best things i should do if it occur again.... (well i probably won't race with the tram next time....but still, in case being chased by zombie or so xD)
Old 2009-07-21, 04:02   Link #2971
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Okay so i've been sleeping later and later for the last 2 weeks cause my works schedule allows it since I work 2nd shift till mid evening. So currently i'm a night owl and I wish to go back to my regular sleep schedule, like sleeping at around midnight.

What are a few "possible" ways to do this? Sorta like going from New York to China ^^.

ps: (I couldn't get the stay up all day thing to work, i feel dead asleep soon after noon >.< ( I think there was a word to describe this sleep schedule... ^^)

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 05:43   Link #2972
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Okay so i've been sleeping later and later for the last 2 weeks cause my works schedule allows it since I work 2nd shift till mid evening. So currently i'm a night owl and I wish to go back to my regular sleep schedule, like sleeping at around midnight.

What are a few "possible" ways to do this? Sorta like going from New York to China ^^.

ps: (I couldn't get the stay up all day thing to work, i feel dead asleep soon after noon >.< ( I think there was a word to describe this sleep schedule... ^^)
I think you can either try stay up till 12 PM then sleep (use all your willpower+short nap + anime+game+ coffee...) or can slowly adjust few hours each day ( if you sleep at 2 pm now, slowly move to 4, 6, 8.,10......etc each day ).

The later probably is better for your body if you have time. The 1st option work "almost" instantly, however it's quite hell to going through..... (i often choose the 1st option everytime i go oversea so i can sleep on air plane)
Old 2009-07-21, 06:28   Link #2973
othera

I have looked into this a bit but thought i might ask here anyways

How bad are energy drinks for your health? I have read that they can be quite bad, but my brother drank V's pretty much every day for an entire year while working, and still often drinks them/redbulls and said he has 0 problems

and another related question, today my sister in law gave me some energy shot thing and i could tell it had a major effect, however i was playing a computer, then 5 minutes later i stood up and walked to the kitchen and i felt as if i were a little drunk and/or tired, is this normal or is it a bad side effect? D:
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 07:54   Link #2974
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Anyway , new silly question, silly question:

Question:Yesterday after running after the tram (more like "race along with it", the tram win, i lost, still got onto it thank to the red light ), and by the time i got onto it, my whole body feel like it almost shut down. My head and stomach hurt. My hand and my leg totally numb... I could barely keeps my body stand up straight, and the 15 mins on tram + 15 mins walking back home(from the tram station) feel like hell

Anyway it hasn't occured to me before. Was assuming because i didn't have much exercise for the past few months, and have a really light lunch yesterday (so ran out of energy or some sort....) But yeah a short nap at home and few Panadol fixed me up.

So yeah my questions are: was it simply because i ran out of energy?.... and if so what is the best things i should do if it occur again.... (well i probably won't race with the tram next time....but still, in case being chased by zombie or so xD)
Panadol for a short sprint to catch the tram? Either you're incredibly unfit, or you're ill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by othera View Post

How bad are energy drinks for your health? I have read that they can be quite bad, but my brother drank V's pretty much every day for an entire year while working, and still often drinks them/redbulls and said he has 0 problems
The problem with energy drinks is they have a high sugar content, which can mess up water absorbtion in the kidney. They're also carbonated using acids...obviously not great for the teeth. I wouldn't say they're very bad, but their short term perks certainly don't warrant the long-term "annoyances" they can potentially cause. Ask anyone who deals in health what they think of sports drinks, and they will be skeptical. Moreso for energy drinks.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 09:33   Link #2975
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Panadol for a short sprint to catch the tram? Either you're incredibly unfit, or you're ill.
Surely it felt pretty bad as i mentioned. My hand and leg were seriously numb for that whole hour and i couldn't even stand and walk probably (don't even have any energy left to speak even after all that 15 mins tram riding + 15 mins dragging myself back home).

It feels like having a terrible but "super short" cold. Sleep+ panadol fixed it, so maybe it really is
Old 2009-07-21, 11:16   Link #2976
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Did you run a full station length? Oh wouldn't worry, what you mention is normal.
Old 2009-07-21, 12:42   Link #2977
othera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post

The problem with energy drinks is they have a high sugar content, which can mess up water absorbtion in the kidney. They're also carbonated using acids...obviously not great for the teeth. I wouldn't say they're very bad, but their short term perks certainly don't warrant the long-term "annoyances" they can potentially cause. Ask anyone who deals in health what they think of sports drinks, and they will be skeptical. Moreso for energy drinks.
Ah ok, So is it normal for high amounts of sugar/energy drinks to make you dizzy? This was an energy shot(dont even know what it was : D) and I'm normally fine with drinks like V or redbull, but this made me feel almost to the point of passing out or atleast falling over
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 13:03   Link #2978
oompa loompa

Quote:
Ah ok, So is it normal for high amounts of sugar/energy drinks to make you dizzy? This was an energy shot(dont even know what it was : D) and I'm normally fine with drinks like V or redbull, but this made me feel almost to the point of passing out or atleast falling over
5-hour energy? thats some dangerous stuff , not that i know if its actually dangerous or not though. at the start of a saturday night which was looking to be a fairly rough saturday night, after an equally rough friday, i took one of those so i could 'last' the night - 2/3 of it, that is. i didnt sleep. for a long long time ( it was monday morning when i got sleep next )..

ive never heard of it having that effect though, i have quite a few friends who've tried it and said it didnt have any side effects. the idea is also kind of new ( correct me if im wrong) so i dont know how much is known about the long term side effects of the drink.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 16:56   Link #2979
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:

and another related question, today my sister in law gave me some energy shot thing and i could tell it had a major effect, however i was playing a computer, then 5 minutes later i stood up and walked to the kitchen and i felt as if i were a little drunk and/or tired, is this normal or is it a bad side effect? D:
I'm like your brother, though I do not drink it year round. More like once a month or less. But currently I have no issues with them and when I do drink them I don't usually get that sugar rush that should come with energy drinks.

Your condition similarly match that of my cousin, energy drinks simply make him woozy.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 20:43   Link #2980
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
You won't notice health side effects within a year, two years, or even ten, most likely (in general, for any negative activity or product). If you did, then those drinks would probably come with a warning label or even be pulled from the market. So don't be fooled into thinking that something is OK for you just because problems didn't manifest in a short period of time.

I had not previously heard that energy drinks were bad for you, but I've also never heard of someone drinking them daily. Everything should be taken in moderation.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious