Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-02-11, 17:29   Link #1561
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Haha, hence why it's best to ask instead of relying on the Wiki for information.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 20:14   Link #1562
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Turn-based strategy game where you captured territories on 2 grid map featuring space and earth for resources to research and pumped out MS units.

The game started out after the first weeks of OYW where you can choose either between Feds and Zeons to play as with you usual cast of OYW characters from both sides wth about a hundred turn to win the game.

The wacky side is that you can twist the OYW history to you liking based on decisions you make. As an example, playing the Fed as Revil, you can choose as not to start on Operation V and just pumped out the usual tanks and fighters for the rest of you hundred turns you are assigned to. Playing as Gihren, you can opt to give Rambal Ran a unit of Dom and keep him alive to deal serious damages to the White Base and steal the RX-78 prototype in the process. There's is a lot of "what-ifs" to play around here, like keeping Garma alive, not starting on the Newtype Research, not ordering the Cyclops Teams to investigate the new protoype, etc

The best part is after the OYW scenarior, where factions spring up lefts and rights one after another and you are given 999 turn to deal with all of them. Whether you played as Revil or Gihren, you need to fight aganist the Delaz Fleet, Titans, AEUG, Hamaan and Char's Neo Zeon and various Zeon splinter groups like Garma's Zeon, Casval's Zeon and Kycilia's Zeon.

And after killing all of them, you can start a new game with whatever faction you have found liking that are featured in the game.
That's a lot of twists, I just thought it was a one way thing with Zeon winning.

I saw a clip of the Zeong stepping on the RX-78, does that more or less say that Amuro was crushed with it?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 21:42   Link #1563
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Why cant MA or MS attack while in cloaking mode, they have to disengage the cloak before attacking, e.g. Blitz gundam, Exia, etc?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 21:44   Link #1564
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Why cant MA or MS attack while in cloaking mode, they have to disengage the cloak before attacking, e.g. Blitz gundam, Exia, etc?
For Blitz, it's because of power issues. The energy capacitor doesn't have enough storage capacity to support both functions simultaneously without almost instantly draining itself.

For Exia, it's because of technological limitations. You would still know exactly where it was because of optical distortions caused by rapid movement.
Old 2011-02-12, 00:17   Link #1565
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
For Exia, it's because of technological limitations. You would still know exactly where it was because of optical distortions caused by rapid movement.
I think it's a matter of the technology/cloaking not being possible with high speeds as opposed to it being ineffective. Even with the distortion, if it's possible to cloak and move at high speeds, then it's still advantageous since your still taking away a lot of your visibility to your opponant. The only one I recalll seeing moving while cloaking was the Ptolemaios II at slow speeds and only with the top part being cloaked.

Of course, the large amount of heat being produced at full operation levels may also be a dead giveaway, as opposed to a GNMS in standby.
Old 2011-02-12, 00:22   Link #1566
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I think it's a matter of the technology/cloaking not being possible with high speeds as opposed to it being ineffective. Even with the distortion, if it's possible to cloak and move at high speeds, then it's still advantageous since your still taking away a lot of your visibility to your opponant.
But the optical cameras the enemy MS is using should still be sharp enough to pick of the distortions.

Quote:
Of course, the large amount of heat being produced at full operation levels may also be a dead giveaway, as opposed to a GNMS in standby.
That's mostly what I meant.
Old 2011-02-12, 00:47   Link #1567
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
But the optical cameras the enemy MS is using should still be sharp enough to pick of the distortions.
It would pick them up but an enemy hard to see is better than a flying red white blue machine visible in plain sight. We still do not know whether the distortion even work when machines are moving at full speeds actually, the whole mirage image could collapse for all we know before it even get to that point. Also, it may be harder to distort the images when your visual sources keep moving all the time due to you moving around.
Old 2011-02-12, 00:51   Link #1568
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
We still do not know whether the distortion even work when machines are moving at full speeds actually, the whole mirage image could collapse for all we know before it even get to that point. Also, it may be harder to distort the images when your visual sources keep moving all the time due to you moving around.
That's what I was talking about in the first place.
Old 2011-02-12, 01:00   Link #1569
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Isn't the whole point of stealth is to take out enemies w/o being notice, why would they even make suits that won't let you use your weapons in stealth mode? Let's say you sneak in and reveal youself just to take out one enemy and the whole base on alert, then you have to blast your way out and escape. This just defeat the purpose of being stealthy.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 01:22   Link #1570
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well the thing is, CB wanted the Gundams in public view during season 1. Stealth camo while fighting defeats the purpose of what they were trying to do.
Old 2011-02-12, 07:22   Link #1571
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That's a lot of twists, I just thought it was a one way thing with Zeon winning.
More of a historical simulation the way I see it. The game in it's current version extends up till Hatahway's Flash. A future update might see the incursion of Unicorn.

Quote:
I saw a clip of the Zeong stepping on the RX-78, does that more or less say that Amuro was crushed with it?
That specific clip plays during the aftermath of a Zonic victory and is just emphasising the message that the Fed is curshed underfoot by Zeon. BTW, You can create multiple RX-78 prototypes and assigned any pilot to it, not just Amuro.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 14:36   Link #1572
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Isn't the whole point of stealth is to take out enemies w/o being notice, why would they even make suits that won't let you use your weapons in stealth mode? Let's say you sneak in and reveal youself just to take out one enemy and the whole base on alert, then you have to blast your way out and escape. This just defeat the purpose of being stealthy.
The main reason CB made the optical camouflage was so they could hide their MS when they're not used on field such as if the Meisters need to get off them and conduct on foot missions. It also allowed them to hide MS ahead of time in a mission venue such as the Taklamakan desert battle or as in the case of Setsuna who is stationed and lives in Japan, hide it when he's not using it. It's also used for the Innovator faction 15 kilometers-diameter mothership to hide itself.

It is quite likely the whole optical camouflage concept is just unfeasible while moving at high speeds and using weapons which was why such a design was likely never attempted nor was it ever been seen with any of the applied machines/transports. Otherwise, it would be have been quite an advantage.

Of course, the main use of "stealth" in Gundam 00 (mostly in S1) would be the disruption of radar and long range communication of the conventional army forces due to the disruption-properties of the GN Particle emission as opposed to actual optical camouflage. This by itself can help disrupt the logistics of the armies and give advantage to the Gundams since they're hard to detect by radar under normal circumstances. (visual is less effective in large battlefields or in space since even 18 meter tall mobile suits can appear small from afar )

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-02-12 at 14:50.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 12:29   Link #1573
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

im interested on Gundam F91 is it a stand alone movie or do i need to have a background of other gundam series?
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 13:31   Link #1574
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
im interested on Gundam F91 is it a stand alone movie or do i need to have a background of other gundam series?
It's a standalone movie. You might miss a reference or two since it takes place in the UC timeline, but they don't really matter.

I would argue that its not a very good starting point for Gundam though, mainly because it moves at such a fast pace and can get extremely confusing if you are not used to Tomino's directing style.
Old 2011-02-13, 20:53   Link #1575
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
It's a standalone movie. You might miss a reference or two since it takes place in the UC timeline, but they don't really matter.

I would argue that its not a very good starting point for Gundam though, mainly because it moves at such a fast pace and can get extremely confusing if you are not used to Tomino's directing style.
i mostly watch the AU like gundam wing, gundam g, gundam seed (and destiny), gundam 00, and for UC timeline i only watch gundam CCA and gundam unicorn

thanks im gonna watch F91 then
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 00:38   Link #1576
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Did I really just see Quess jump out of her Jagd Doga and into space with NO normal suit...and fucking live?

What'd she do? Use a Newtype protective force field?
Old 2011-02-17, 02:10   Link #1577
JC...
I am a Pie

According to the internet, humans can survive in space without a spacesuit for a limited time.

I had this question a while ago. look here: http://www.slate.com/id/2171522/
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 02:43   Link #1578
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
According to the internet, humans can survive in space without a spacesuit for a limited time.

I had this question a while ago. look here: http://www.slate.com/id/2171522/
Huh, well alright then.
Old 2011-02-23, 16:05   Link #1579
JC...
I am a Pie

I have a question about Wana by the Back Horn. Usually in Gundam 00 S1, they'd play a slow version as an outro before the ending credits. Is there an official full/extended version this, or was it only used in the show and unreleased?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 18:03   Link #1580
fizzmaister
The Tall One

It was released on 00 Complete Best, as a single, and on 00 Anthology Best. It was not released in full on any of the OSTs.