Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-21, 04:12   Link #1701
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But she still walked out of the house with blush, base and eyeliner on and was grateful for the makeover. It depends on what the mangaka wants to do with Sawako in the end.
That was for a special event! But lets see in the future how Sawako does her hair (much more important then the make up I believe). The mangaka has done an excellent job in portraying all the characters ans story so far, so I'm very excited to see how this pans out. Well as long as it doesn't turn into a mahou shojo show
Old 2010-03-21, 11:42   Link #1702
Itlandm
Porcupine

I admit that I have not read the manga (past the early chapters) but I notice that Kuronuma and Kazehaya first met when she offered him directions to the school. I always assumed this was the reason why she was special to him, not because he immediately felt physical attraction.

I do not know however whether he just generally likes helpful girls, or whether it was the opposite - that after realizing how shy and isolated she was, he felt that her reaching out to him meant he was special to her in some way from the start.

There is clearly a physical attraction later, but it seems to have come after they started focusing on each other.

I see this series as a kind of idealized world, in which doing the right thing is rewarded within a short time instead of after years or in the afterlife. Kindness toward a stranger is here rewarded with finding her true love early in life.

The beauty, love and kindness of this anime really stands out. I hope there will be a second series and that it will reach a wide audience.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 13:54   Link #1703
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I admit that I have not read the manga (past the early chapters) but I notice that Kuronuma and Kazehaya first met when she offered him directions to the school. I always assumed this was the reason why she was special to him, not because he immediately felt physical attraction.

I do not know however whether he just generally likes helpful girls, or whether it was the opposite - that after realizing how shy and isolated she was, he felt that her reaching out to him meant he was special to her in some way from the start.
The bonus drama CD that came with the first press edition of volume 3 DVD actually provides some insights into Kazehaya's perspective on Sawako from the moment he first saw her as well as detailing some events during the summer holidays just before he entered senior high (the 1st episode of the anime).

Spoiler:
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 23:04   Link #1704
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post

Spoiler:
That's funny. This is a replay of his summer at the movies.
Old 2010-03-22, 02:25   Link #1705
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post

There is clearly a physical attraction later, but it seems to have come after they started focusing on each other.

I see this series as a kind of idealized world, in which doing the right thing is rewarded within a short time instead of after years or in the afterlife. Kindness toward a stranger is here rewarded with finding her true love early in life.

The beauty, love and kindness of this anime really stands out. I hope there will be a second series and that it will reach a wide audience.
Kazehaya is handsome and self-confident. I don't think he ever had trouble finding girls willing to give him directions.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 08:09   Link #1706
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Not enough Kurumi!!!!
Old 2010-03-22, 15:20   Link #1707
McMilk
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Not enough Kurumi!!!!
AGREED!!!

Well... we won't be seeing anymore of her for the rest of the season .
Old 2010-03-23, 00:18   Link #1708
prnoct90

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
The bonus drama CD that came with the first press edition of volume 3 DVD actually provides some insights into Kazehaya's perspective on Sawako from the moment he first saw her as well as detailing some events during the summer holidays just before he entered senior high (the 1st episode of the anime).

Spoiler:
Just curious, if I understand the site correctly, the Drama CD that came with Volume three includes all the drama from Volume 1 and then also something additional. Is this right?
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 09:25   Link #1709
darktruth

No, the drama CD from volume three only contains the two stories I mentioned in the above post plus a cast commentary. It does not contain the audio drama from volume 1 (which was on the DVD itself instead of a CD).
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 18:38   Link #1710
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Spoiler for ep24:
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 04:47   Link #1711
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Subs have been out a while. BTW why is the file size so huge? (~490 Mb)
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 05:04   Link #1712
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Because it's full of awesome.
Old 2010-03-24, 05:08   Link #1713
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
One thing about episodes or shows with lots of moving elements is that they need more bits to encode the video data. You'll notice this trend with episodes that have lots of snow, sparkles, fog, bubbles, smoke, etc. The animators went all out with the little details this episode. The constant snowfall, the movement of background characters, the steam from their breaths, among other things.

That being said, the Eclipse version isn't different size-wise from their other KnT episodes. The FMS/SB one is probably a slightly edited RAW muxed with subs and not re-encoded, hence the large size.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 06:28   Link #1714
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 24:
Old 2010-03-24, 07:26   Link #1715
Jehuty

You know what was a little depressing too though?

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-24, 08:43   Link #1716
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Nothing much to say about episode 24. It went exactly the way I expected and wanted it to go. As such, Sawako looked absolutely fabulous this episode.

I've also decided that this is my favorite ED of 2009.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 16:08   Link #1717
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Spoiler:

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:12   Link #1718
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

This show is absolute fantastic.
I love every minute of it.
Too bad that there will be only one ep, I really would like to see how their relationship gets deeper.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 23:26   Link #1719
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Once again another beautiful episode that warmed my heart. Just seeing Sawako like she is in episode 24 continues to put a smile on my face.

So only one last episode to look forward to. Can't wait.
Old 2010-03-25, 11:58   Link #1720
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Spoiler:
I was thinking the same
It'll be a nice way to end the series, even though it seems too soon for that to happen. They were so sweet in this episode...

I'm glad Yano-chin and Chizu decided to spy on Kazehaya and Sawako, it made the episode even more fun. Good thing they were here or you can be sure Jo would have ruined everything, it led to a funny scene with him and Ayane too

And Ryuu...amazake...

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo