AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 00:39   Link #441
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Well it is limited in subtext, as long as nothing explicit happens, it is just a possibility, but not a fact... that's my point

>> Mato and Yomi's relationship clearly romantic, if not sexual

When I get those yuri goggles I might see it in that way too
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 04:20   Link #442
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Heh. I agree, a full length properly animated Thermae Romae would be the business!
What? I actually preferred BRS to Thermae Romae. It's probably because I'm not that interested in recent comedies except for Working'!!, though. Plus, if it's truly a famous 4-koma, why did it only get three episodes? It should have gotten a non-noitaminA timeslot with 12 episodes.

And because of that, BRS has to suffer. Oh well, eight episodes might just be enough for BRS.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 14:34   Link #443
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
What? I actually preferred BRS to Thermae Romae. It's probably because I'm not that interested in recent comedies except for Working'!!, though. Plus, if it's truly a famous 4-koma, why did it only get three episodes? It should have gotten a non-noitaminA timeslot with 12 episodes.

And because of that, BRS has to suffer. Oh well, eight episodes might just be enough for BRS.
Thermae Romae , an award winning manga series, is 6 episode and it was meant to drum up publicity for the big budgeted this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0eqHjKlNYY

I definitely agree that BRS has a strong fan base to warrant it to have at least a 12 eps. run. 8 eps. is quite short to make a strong story and character development.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 17:10   Link #444
Animexcel

I wish we will see more BRS screen time. Right now, it's equivalent to Dolph Lundgren's He-Man in Masters of the Universe. I hope she talks too. To me, BRS still hasn't shown up yet.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 06:37   Link #445
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I hope they'll show how Bread Rock Shooter got her scars and spin it in such a way that it becomes more memorable than the Joker.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 14:42   Link #446
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Bread Rock Shooter?

ROFL
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 21:50   Link #447
JSteiner

Send a message via AIM to JSteiner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Well it is limited in subtext, as long as nothing explicit happens, it is just a possibility, but not a fact... that's my point

>> Mato and Yomi's relationship clearly romantic, if not sexual

When I get those yuri goggles I might see it in that way too
>I'm so happy we're going to the school festival together, let me shed a few tears while some sappy music plays in the background

Remember when subtext was actually subtext?

Does your cooking have enough 'love'?
JSteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 23:41   Link #448
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Freebies

BGS + DM freebies:

Spoiler for Full Version (Not as safe):

Spoiler for AS safe version:
Shiro
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 00:36   Link #449
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

OH!!! My!!! Ohhhh....

I Knew it!!! From the start I've been saying the re-design of BRS characters are for figures purposes namely the "FIGMA" franchise.

BD [w/AmiAmi Exclusive Wall Scroll] Black Rock Shooter DVD BOX [Completely Limited Production Edition] w/figma(Preorder)

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...15161&page=top

Specifications

Main 4 Discs + Bonus CD Set
Runtime: Appx. 180mm (All 8 Episodes)
Color/ Single Sided Single Layered/ MPEG4/ AVC/ 16:9 HD Wide Screen 1920 x 1080p/ Linear PCM 2ch Stereo

Details

Main content:
Episodes 1 to 8.

AmiAmi exclusive originally drawn illustration used wall scroll included in the set!

BD BOX & DVD BOX common bonus:
-Special figma
-huke originally drawn illustration used 3-sided box
-Bonus CD: original soundtrack
-Bonus footage: non credit OP/ED, PV clip, other
-Booklet
Old 2012-02-09, 02:07   Link #450
Animexcel

Kagari should've passed out some jelly beans. Everyone hates the black ones.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 03:55   Link #451
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I hope they'll show how Bread Rock Shooter got her scars and spin it in such a way that it becomes more memorable than the Joker.
<<<Bread Rock, Taiwan.

If this is what BRS shoot out with every shot, don't you think she would have won by now?
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 09:05   Link #452
yuugi99

has the 1st episode started yet?
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 11:30   Link #453
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

^It came out quite some time ago. People wouldn't have been discussing it otherwise. o_O Or did you mean the 2nd episode?
Old 2012-02-09, 12:56   Link #454
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Black Rock Shooter Episode 2

The writing in this series keeps going from bad to worse. Every little bit of subtle character interaction and development I enjoyed from the OVA seems to be flushed away here. Instead the staff here are opting for an over-dramatic story where the young characters behave in completely irrational and over the top ways for the benefit of pushing emotional buttons in a totally unnatural way. Huge thumbs down.

The action continues to be entertaining and the only redeeming factor of the show. Some of the sequences in this episode are pretty well designed, and there's a good flow to the combat in the second half of the episode. Too bad even the action at the end is compromised by the terrible direction of the dramatic real world scenes at the end of the episode. Seriously shaking my head at what they've made here.

Another major disappointment is how poor the art in the 2D parts of the show continue to be. I'm not sure what Ordet is trying to do here, but they're definitely not bringing their A game to this production. The scene where Mato wakes up in the middle of the night is especially bad because she looked like a totally different character. In fact, she looked kinda like a boy instead. >_<
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 13:01   Link #455
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
BGS + DM freebies:

Spoiler for Full Version (Not as safe):

Spoiler for AS safe version:
God damn. Those are some amazing sigs, Patchy. Would you mind if I were to claim the BGS one? :>
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 13:43   Link #456
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Black Rock Shooter Episode 2

The writing in this series keeps going from bad to worse. Every little bit of subtle character interaction and development I enjoyed from the OVA seems to be flushed away here. Instead the staff here are opting for an over-dramatic story where the young characters behave in completely irrational and over the top ways for the benefit of pushing emotional buttons in a totally unnatural way. Huge thumbs down.

The action continues to be entertaining and the only redeeming factor of the show. Some of the sequences in this episode are pretty well designed, and there's a good flow to the combat in the second half of the episode. Too bad even the action at the end is compromised by the terrible direction of the dramatic real world scenes at the end of the episode. Seriously shaking my head at what they've made here.

Another major disappointment is how poor the art in the 2D parts of the show continue to be. I'm not sure what Ordet is trying to do here, but they're definitely not bringing their A game to this production. The scene where Mato wakes up in the middle of the night is especially bad because she looked like a totally different character. In fact, she looked kinda like a boy instead. >_<
Maybe it's for..."If you want to better version, buy the BD version." The episodes are also only up for 1 week at a time IIRC.
Old 2012-02-09, 14:24   Link #457
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Freebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
God damn. Those are some amazing sigs, Patchy. Would you mind if I were to claim the BGS one? :>
Sure, just grab what you wanted to.. and thanks for the compliment

---------------------------------------

BRS signature

Spoiler for Full Version (Not AS safe):

Spoiler for ASuki Safe Version:
Shiro
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 14:37   Link #458
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Just caught the first episode finally - needless to say, I'm not keen on the character designs. Definitely preferred the OVA character designs (which felt far closer to the original designs in the original video for BRS) - these character designs make it feel as though the designers were trying their damnedest to recreate Madoka Magica (sounds strange, but Mato looks a bit like Madoka - and Yomi resembles the bespectacled Homura).

The first episode exceeded in one thing compared to the OVA - connecting the real world and the world in which BRS inhabits. After watching the OVA, I didn't have a clue why the two worlds were connected in any way. This gives me more of an inkling of what is going on.

The rest of it? I think the criticism I've levelled at a couple of episodes of Persona 4 The Animation comes to mind - it's feels incredibly rushed (animation and story-wise).

Looking at one event in particular, it's a bit nonsensical when Mato is scared that Yomi hates her - just because she's averted her gaze once after texting "I'm sorry" the night before then (yes, there were probably more times, but I'm going from what I've seen here). If they were going down that route, it would make more sense to go along the route 'Another' took - rather than showing one occasion, show several occasions dotted throughout the day to really power home the point that something is amiss.

Personally, considering the events seen (and even considering my own suggestion), I'd be talking to Yomi on her own first, asking if something was wrong - and only then going to the counselor for help if I'd not gotten a word out of Yomi. Not the other way around. Bit nonsensical to me in that regard - though of course, I'm not Mato.

Considering the length of this series, I'll probably watch to the end - but it hasn't exactly gotten off to the best start, in my opinion.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 15:17   Link #459
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
Spoiler for ASuki Safe Version:
That looks amazing, may I claim that one?
Old 2012-02-09, 18:32   Link #460
MidnighT-WolF

Those are GORGEOUS! Are those images originally "wallpaper-sized"? If so can you post them??
MidnighT-WolF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, slice of life