Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-13, 19:05   Link #1
ZeBird0
In a tree

Tsunderes and a Easy Going Dude

Hey guys, I'm looking for an anime that features a tsundere and an easy going dude as the main characters. Well, it can be any male lead, but i prefer that the dude's an easy going one. Anyway, I'm also looking for it to be rather romance, comedy, or both. I don't really care if it incorporates other elements. As for the related animes I've liked:

Zero No Tsukaima
Kannagi
Clannad (the two OVAs)

Thanks in advance!
Old 2009-11-13, 19:08   Link #2
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Toradora if you are immune to frustration.
Old 2009-11-13, 19:13   Link #3
Isekaijin

Just search animes Rie Kugimiya has worked in... Most of them fulfill your requirements.
Old 2009-11-13, 23:30   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Maison Ikkoku

Cross Game

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2009-11-14, 02:18   Link #5
Godly_senselessness

Hayate no Gotoku is exactly what you need.

Also To aru kagaku no railgun is another good one.

Last edited by Godly_senselessness; 2009-11-14 at 09:29. Reason: added Railgun!
Old 2009-11-14, 04:00   Link #6
npcomplete

First thing that came to mind was Haruhi. Kyon is probably the easiest going dude ever to deal with a tsundere and whatever crazy situation arises. Though the romance is not as developed or emphasized as other shows.

And maybe Spice and Wolf if you consider Horo a tsundere because Lawrence is also very easy going.
Old 2009-11-14, 04:43   Link #7
Albafica
Pisces no saint

There is Eri Sawachika in School Rumble, she's great .
Old 2009-11-14, 09:06   Link #8
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
First thing that came to mind was Haruhi. Kyon is probably the easiest going dude ever to deal with a tsundere and whatever crazy situation arises. Though the romance is not as developed or emphasized as other shows.

And maybe Spice and Wolf if you consider Horo a tsundere because Lawrence is also very easy going.
??? Kyon is actually one of the very few guys I think might qualify as a tsundere, Haruhi is just a jerk- with a developing heart of gold.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2009-11-14, 09:17   Link #9
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Love Hina The guy seems pretty easygoing More like wimpy easy-going, but still Naru is... well... everyone knows Naru O_o
Old 2009-11-14, 15:43   Link #10
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

If you prefer the more violent Tsundere I guess you could go with Ranma 1/2

Old 2009-11-14, 16:47   Link #11
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godly_senselessness View Post
Hayate no Gotoku is exactly what you need.

Also To aru kagaku no railgun is another good one.

Ermm... I can see a Tsundere in Railgun alright, but where's the easy going dude ? Touma doesn't count because you barely see him in the series. You could look at Toaru Majutsu no Index, but in that Misaka is the sidecharacter so she doesn't appear too often either ;<
Old 2009-11-14, 20:05   Link #12
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
??? Kyon is actually one of the very few guys I think might qualify as a tsundere, Haruhi is just a jerk- with a developing heart of gold.
Quoted for truth. Kyon is totally a male tsundere (not quite Tieria Erde levels of it, but close) and Haruhi is just a psychopathic bitch with godlike power.

To Aru Majutsu no Index does qualify for this especially during the Misaka Imouto plot arc (which is incidentally the best plot arc of the series, ever).
Old 2009-11-15, 09:31   Link #13
npcomplete

Quote:
eh? how so? maybe we have different definitions of tsun then.. granted I haven't watched Haruhi in a couple years (haven't watched the rerun with endless eight either) but from what I remember, Kyon is nothing like a tsundere, basically taking everything in stride.
Old 2009-11-15, 09:41   Link #14
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
eh? how so? maybe we have different definitions of tsun then.. granted I haven't watched Haruhi in a couple years (haven't watched the rerun with endless eight either) but from what I remember, Kyon is nothing like a tsundere, basically taking everything in stride.
Kyon, being a guy, is subject to "Wouldn't Hit A Girl" restraints, (normally). So he tends to show his "tsun" (cranky/aloof) by giving Haruhi the cold shoulder or through snarky putdowns.

I will grant you though that Haruhi has been marketed in 3rd party merchandise as a tsundere- and I suppose it's always possible she might develop into one, but I think it more the fact that to the marketers there is a built in market for a tsundere girl, and Haruhi is the closest to that. (It's really funny to see the same marketers try to sell Yuki Nagato as the shy glasses girl type- it's like the haven't even checked the source material at all.)

Truthfully Haruhi tends to mock and parody most of the genre stereotypes. Haruhi herself is a dark take on the "Genki Girl" type, seeing as she's more of a psycho-genki then anything. (Her alternate personality is probably a negative take on the "cool aloof lady", and still others have seen her as a reverse tsundere- violent and tsun when she's happy, moe and dere when she's mad and about to destroy the world)

Old 2009-11-15, 10:06   Link #15
npcomplete

Quote:
Kyon, being a guy, is subject to "Wouldn't Hit A Girl" restraints, (normally). So he tends to show his "tsun" (cranky/aloof) by giving Haruhi the cold shoulder or through snarky putdowns.
Well I see him behaving normally as his aloof personality is his natural state and not as a reaction to Haruhi's shenanigans and when he gets annoyed, he shows it but not in an insulting way. When he's not, he's not. He's just being honest with himself which is why I don't see him as a tsundere.

But perhaps in that case, then I guess neither wold Haruhi be one because her tsun moments are also her honest feelings and not as a result of being flustered.

Quote:
(It's really funny to see the same marketers try to sell Yuki Nagato as the shy glasses girl type- it's like the haven't even checked the source material at all.)
Just judging from the anime, I'd call her an introverted-but-not-shy girl with glasses. A quiet but unflustered meganeko.
Closed Thread