AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-06-30, 19:35   Link #4481
justavisitor

It's the first time that I see a team beats Spain (including barca) at its own game. (Man, this sentence seems so wrong, since the other team is Brazil!!)

The forechecking from Brazil was superb
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 19:56   Link #4482
ChampDream
Alive

Uruguay and Italy was really good match, I was hoping for Uruguay to win, but I guess Buffon appear.
Brazil and Spain was really a massacre, Spain was getting beat in every spot on the field and Brazil really played a really good match, now the question is what is going to happen in a year from now?
Old 2013-06-30, 21:27   Link #4483
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

unexpected. but i guess everyone knows how to beat spain now..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:38   Link #4484
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
unexpected. but i guess everyone knows how to beat spain now..
I think that Bayern's performance against Barcelona in last April opened up the door well wide about how to beat Spain while also battering them. Today was more or less the continuity of that Champions League semi-final.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 05:42   Link #4485
Bri

Interesting match but hard to draw any real conclusions. Brazil had more drive and is a fairly good team, but Spain's horrible performance is hard to ignore.

I'm not convinced anyone found a working tactic against tiki taka as Brazil (like Bayern) didn't do anything new. The only difference Spain has show vulnerabilities it didn't have since 2008. The decline of the pressure game by both Spain and Barcelona gives opponents more time on the ball which in turn puts more pressure on Spain's defense. Playing year round has left it's marks as the team looked fatigued compared to Brazil's high energy game.

Not having two defensive midfielders exposed Spain's fullbacks and in fairness their whole back-line seemed suspect, Pique really has no place in the team anymore. More worrisome for the Spanish is the decline of Xavi, possibly their and Barcelona's most important player and the conductor of their passing game. It will be very hard to replace him.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 06:04   Link #4486
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

While it's fairly easy to say it is an end of an era, where Spain, Barcelona and Real suffered heavy hammer all year around...

However i will wait to see their reaction from this defeat first (especially with World Cup coming up...) to see whether it's actually their end. They are due to a heavy lost, and got this here is much better than World Cup or Euro.
Old 2013-07-01, 09:01   Link #4487
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Pique really has no place in the team anymore
Talking about him, he always puts his hand up before doing the actual defending. He might have a chance to save the first goal, but no, he raised his hand instead and I don't even know what is he complaining about?

I don't watch soccer often and I don't know whether raising hand is the norm for defenders nowaday
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2013-07-01, 09:03   Link #4488
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

It was coming. The "tiki-taka" style of passing employed by Spain has a fatal flaw - it's great for keeping possession and by extension enables you to play with good technique on the floor - however, if you lack finishers all your passing is perfectly wasted.

Spain can keep 95% possession and they'll still be beaten 2-0 or 3-0 by the opposition because they can never finish off chances where it matters. Only a more profligate team can manage to be beaten.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 14:51   Link #4489
Dextro
He Without a Title

Considering a great chunk of the Spanish national team comes from Barcelona I reckon Neymar's first day will be quite awkward next season after that beating
Old 2013-07-01, 16:11   Link #4490
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Talking about him, he always puts his hand up before doing the actual defending. He might have a chance to save the first goal, but no, he raised his hand instead and I don't even know what is he complaining about?

I don't watch soccer often and I don't know whether raising hand is the norm for defenders nowaday
I'm trying to guess who has been acting as Pique's mentor in the last 5 years. If the bloke spent more time at Manchester United learning from the likes of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic, I'm not sure he'd be raise his hand instead of just running after the opposition player to save a goal.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 18:22   Link #4491
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post

To play high up like Spain does, requires an aggressive use of the offside trap. A CB needs to signal the full backs when to move up so he can take the step that puts attackers offside. Also hand waving helps to make the linesman aware that such a move is about to happen.

It's not very common these days anymore, as the 2006 rules changes made the trap much harder to use.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 19:05   Link #4492
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

spains legs are too old. time to let the youngsters take over (they did just take down the U21 Euros..)

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 11:19   Link #4493
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
spains legs are too old. time to let the youngsters take over (they did just take down the U21 Euros..)
Age isn't a major concern at all. They need to fully replace Arbeloa with Azpilicueta or another and play Javi Martinez more (even if it's at the expense of Xavi).
Old 2013-07-02, 11:58   Link #4494
Choco Cat

I do believe the supporters had an important role to play in the victory of Brazil, especially concerning the first goal.
And Spain clearly lacked motivation.
It is disappointing because I think Spain has more good players with good technique than any other country.
Choco Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 23:12   Link #4495
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
To play high up like Spain does, requires an aggressive use of the offside trap. A CB needs to signal the full backs when to move up so he can take the step that puts attackers offside. Also hand waving helps to make the linesman aware that such a move is about to happen.

It's not very common these days anymore, as the 2006 rules changes made the trap much harder to use.
never know there is another purpose of raising hand. I always thought that is a gesture of complaining that the player from other team has committed a foul (or offside). Thanks!!
Old 2013-07-07, 19:19   Link #4496
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Congrats to Iraq for reaching semi of U-20 World Cup. Even though I wanted Korea to go through it is a nice story for Iraq to make it there.

So the four countries now left is Ghana, France, Uruguay, and Iraq, nice balance of different cofederations right there.
Old 2013-07-07, 22:15   Link #4497
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Congrats to Iraq for reaching semi of U-20 World Cup. Even though I wanted Korea to go through it is a nice story for Iraq to make it there.

So the four countries now left is Ghana, France, Uruguay, and Iraq, nice balance of different cofederations right there.
That is too balanced.... one from each confederations/continents.

Especially with Ghana defeat Chile and Uruguay get the better off Spain
Old 2013-07-09, 22:59   Link #4498
DarkJak2050

Anybody watching the CONCACAF Gold Cup?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 20:47   Link #4499
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
That is too balanced.... one from each confederations/continents.

Especially with Ghana defeat Chile and Uruguay get the better off Spain
Now France vs Uruguay in the final, typical another Europe vs South America .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Anybody watching the CONCACAF Gold Cup?
Not until the final with US vs Mexico. The general quality of that region is pretty terrible.
Old 2013-07-10, 20:53   Link #4500
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Now France vs Uruguay in the final, typical another Europe vs South America .
I hope Uruguay win.

Quote:
Not until the final with US vs Mexico. The general quality of that region is pretty terrible.
what if that doesn't happen, I mean Mexico is not on his best moment right now.

Tags
football, soccer