3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-10, 00:57   Link #4381
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
So because I didn't read all 200+ pages of a topic I can't add to the discussion? I'll keep in mind that offering your opinion means that you're self-centric.
I don't want to sound preachy, but indeed it does, and I'm glad you're taking this lesson seriously.

...No, really.

Quote:
Once again, you're obviously going to ignore the many examples I've listed which describe how Lelouch is constantly tending to the needs of those around him. Like I said before, Lelouch will not sacrifice goals for methods. You want to ignore the reasons for the actions and instead focus on the actions themselves. That kind of narrow-minded view can't possibly grasp the entirety of Lelouch's character. Lelouch never intentionally harmed anyone unless they were obstructing his goals.
*sigh* Your ignorance is exhausting.

Quote:
I don't understand how you can honestly think Lelouch was an asshole. So Lelouch makes the world hate him in order to unite them against a cause and sacrifices everything he's accomplished and his power over people in order to bring peace to the world. How is that being an asshole? Did you call your mother and asshole when she told you to brush your teeth every night? We might not like everything that happens in life, but sometimes those things are still for the best.
I don't think Lelouch was an asshole. Lelouch was an asshole. That was his plan. Lelouch's plan didn't involve pretending to be an asshole. It involved being an asshole genuinely. There was no way Lelouch could have accomplished what he needed to accomplish--making the world hate him--with anything less than %100 effort.

You think I'm ignoring the reasoning behind his actions? I am talking precisely about the reasoning behind his actions. Do you honestly not understand the point of Lelouch taking Fleija from Nunally? He was keeping her hands clean by dirtying his. "I will bear all of your sins" means, "I will commit all the sins so you don't have to", not "I will bear your punishment". You think I'm ignoring your captain obvious examples? They're not mentioned, because they're irrelevant: before Zero Requiem Lelouch wasn't an asshole (though this is arguable) because he wasn't trying to be; after Zero Requiem, he was because he was. And you should get your head out of your asshole about Lelouch's saintliness, too, or did you really forget all about Turn 14?

Quote:
lol @ Shirley discussion. Does anyone here find Shirley to be decisive when it came to her relationship with Lelouch? She shot Viletta out of necessity, not determination. After regaining her memories she was aware that Lelouch is Zero. She is aware that he indirectly killed her father and was regretful over that fact. She remembers shooting at him and he took no forceful action against her. Instead he did what he felt would be least painful and altered her memories using his Geass. Oh wait, I forgot, you think Lelouch is an asshole.
Can anyone her find Shirley to not have been decisive in her relationship with Lelouch? Given that, oh I don't know, it was precisely her decisiveness which killed her.

Kallen understood that The Black Knights were nothing without Zero. If Zero were to die do you think they could've mustered any kind of resistance against Britannia? Kallen had already been down that road only to be saved from death by Zero, along with every other Black Knight. Kallen remained true to Zero so long as Zero supported her agenda. When Zero showed signs of betrayal she didn't hesitate to retaliate. For all intensive purposes, Zero was TBK, and she WAS his personal bodyguard.[/QUOTE]

And here you again demonstrate your completely shallow capacity to understand personality. Shirley's faithfulness was extraordinary, there is no doubt about that. Kallen's defining personality trait was not 'decisiveness', there is no doubt about that either. Against someone so obviously willing to twist facts into a double standard, I hardly find the inclination to continue this discussion.

Your oh so black and white declaration as to Kallen's motives failed to address her hesitation with Lancelot's pilot. For the majority of the series, Kallen has been strong when told to be only. This is because a trait which has defined her is her capacity as a follower; Kallen lives for others' dreams, notably Lelouch's and her brother's. To try to characterize the strength she gains from this as 'decisiveness' is a serious failure in understanding her character.

Quote:
No shit he lies to Shirley and Nunnally, when did I say he didn't? I said he never lied to Kallen. Your counterpoint is Episode 19. I already asked if you meant where he calls her a pawn then whispers to her to survive. If that's your single lie to Kallen then I guess I'll just have to throw my hands up and accept my resounding defeat.
Indeed you do. "Never" means never, after all.

Quote:
I didn't mean that his motives were wrong. I think everyone can admire his desire to create a peaceful world for his sister. I meant his methods. It was an apparent typo as could be seen in the following sentence. As for calling me incoherent, have you made a single argument without trying to attack my character yet? Anyways, How is telling Lelouch that his mother is a misguided geass user going to change his agenda? Lelouch hated his father for not protecting his mother. Lelouch didn't create TBK and challenge Britannia because he hated his father, he did it because his father was creating an eltitist world which would trample weak people like Nunnally. Therefore, how would divulging information on Marianne have affected his goals?
On attacking your character; sorry, you just make it too easy.

Lelouch's motives were wrong, though. He killed and antagonized his own family in a misguided attempt to avenge his mother's death. He blamed his father for being a heartless tyrant when he had actually been looking out for him. He submerged the world in war and bloodshed claiming it was 'for his sister', when she had nevered asked for that and would never accept such a bloody present anyway. He destroyed a happiness he long should have recognized before abandoning it completely. Knowing that his mother wasn't his family's enemy, that his father wasn't a despicable tyrant, that Nunally was already happy, and that the world didn't need destruction before reconstruction, would have saved so many lives.

Quote:
I never once said C.C. wanted to make Charles suffer. I said she didn't pass her code to Mao because she didn't want him to suffer more than he already had and she didn't pass it to Lelouch because their romance had already begun PRIOR to him being able to attain her code. Once he could obtain her code, she didn't want to curse him anyways. She felt no reserve when contemplating giving her code to Charles though which is why she hopped on the opportunity at the first chance.
The 'first chance'? He had had his Geass for ~50 years. You think Charles only gained double Geass the moment he sealed Lelouch's memories?

I highly doubt Mao would have considered being free from the voices 'more suffering' either. Your projection of love onto C.C.'s motives is completely laughable. Who'd love a kid who didn't know anything, could hardly control his emotions, and needed her to bail him out all the time? It was never even a possibility for her until Turn 15, and even then she had to run away to deal with the guilt that she was betraying him.

Quote:
As stated in my argument, everything referring to the world of C.C. and the limitations of Geass Code are pure conjecture. No point in arguing this any further since obviously we're confident in believing different things.
Wow, great argument. 'I'm confident that the facts you stated with concrete evidence from the show are pure conjecture'. C.C. sealed her Code and lost her memories. Charles traded in his Geass to achieve immortality. These are facts, and you're ignoring them.

Quote:
How does Rolo disprove my arguments? How does C.C. know that Charles has fully developed Geass when she doesn't even come into contact with him? Charles didn't take V.V.'s code until it fit within the timeframe of his plan
Why would Charles' Geass disappear with V.V.'s transfer when Rolo's didn't? They both recieved theirs from V.V.. As for C.C. being in contact with Charles, she's known him for twenty years, and obviously because of Geass. Charles would never have taken his brother's Code if he hadn't betrayed him twice by trying to kill Marianne and her children and lied about it.

Quote:
When Gino nearly destroys his KM frame he nonchalantly hops out and runs on ahead while Suzaku stays back to clean up. You asked, "If he's immortal why didn't he fake his death against Gino to catch Schniezel off guard" or something to that effect. The reason is he already had the entire match in checkmate, there was no reason to try and fake his own death when nothing was left to prevent him from Geassing his brother. Like I said before, I'm not going to sift through the episodes and list the times Lelouch fears for his life. It's self evident in many scenes.
'Nonchalantly'? Please. You've got nothing to back that up besides your wish for it. And no, he didn't already have the match in 'checkmate'; that's why he had to run up a ton of stairs to set up an elaborate video. Seriously, this is the third time now: why would Lelouch have to distract Schniezel if he wasn't afraid of his bodyguards?

Quote:
Why is it a stupid plan if he's immortal? Convince the world you're an asshole when you're actually looking out for their best interest. Unite everyone against you then feign your death. It was a simple solution to a complex problem which requires his death, which isn't a problem when he has Charles's code. I'm sure he considered averting world peace to stop the tears from a few close friends.
Because Zero Requiem wasn't the only way to world peace. Far from it. Especially if he's immortal. There's no need to sacrifice himself (or those thousands in his Geassed army); Schniezel/Damocles could've served as a symbol of hate very nicely. Not to mention, since you're so vehement to deny Lelouch's character development, he could have played up a reincarnating messiah of miracles figure just like he already once tried to do with Zero--spread tomorrow by word of religion, yo. It's peaceful and all that shit.

Quote:
lol, yeah you're right. Why make a complex plan to allow Suzaku to control Schniezel's ambitions and talents when he could've just somehow pentrated an energy barrier then walked through the ship unharmed and smoked Schniezel, thereby wasting his talents, instead. Oh wait, how about when Lelouch gets shot he passes out? C.C. was immortal but they still were able to capture and imprison her. Lelouch's plan, while he must totally be an asshole, had less casualties and enabled a more productive future with an ambitiously misguided man able to tend to peacetime needs. (also referenced as a bonus by Cornelia) There is a big difference between immortality and invulnerability in Code Geass.
Suzaku controlling 'Schniezel's ambitions and talents'? lol what the hell are you on. You know what Lelouch could have pulled if he got shot? The same trick as dear old daddy--Schniezel, shocked with his victory, gets close unsuspectingly when BAM!--mindfucked, everybody bows down in stunned subjugation.

You're also deluding yourself if you think Zero Requiem had 'less casualties'.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
When did this happen? She didn't try to convince him of anything, she flat out told him he'd have to be prepared to kill Nunally. Trying to convince someone of not doing something usually involves: "Isn't there another way?" "Why not do this?" and so on.
C.C. does actually tell him "you've done enough", actually. I agree with the interpretation that C.C. was unhappy with the plan/trying to discourage him initially.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 01:22   Link #4382
chris062689
The Azure Knight

Is it just me or is something missing in this scene? A dead body? Blood?
chris062689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 01:30   Link #4383
Frostydrops
Lord of the Interwebz

Lelouch must die. It would be hella unfair to Suzaku otherwise. Leave Suzaku with rebuilding the world while he retires and enjoys life with C.C?..I would be pissed if i were Suzaku..

Last edited by Frostydrops; 2008-10-10 at 03:32.
Frostydrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 02:04   Link #4384
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris062689 View Post

where?i doesn't see something missing in this scene?

unfair if lelouch died!!!
Old 2008-10-10, 03:31   Link #4385
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris062689 View Post

The blood splatter that was caused by Lelouch's body struck the national emblem of Britannia on the carpet--that bit of carpet is just above it.
Old 2008-10-10, 03:37   Link #4386
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostydrops View Post
Lelouch must die. It would be hella unfair to Suzaku otherwise. Leave Suzaku with rebuilding the world while he retires and enjoys life with C.C?..I would be pissed if i were Suzaku..
Suzaku's goal in life was to repent for his sins. I think Suzaku would gladly bear the burden of Zero because it would fulfill his atonement, at least in his eyes, for the actions he's been ashamed of. I doubt he'd run down the street screaming joy, but I do believe he'd find comfort that his existance is indirectly bringing Euphie's dreams to fruition.
Momosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 04:29   Link #4387
Frostydrops
Lord of the Interwebz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
Suzaku's goal in life was to repent for his sins. I think Suzaku would gladly bear the burden of Zero because it would fulfill his atonement, at least in his eyes, for the actions he's been ashamed of. I doubt he'd run down the street screaming joy, but I do believe he'd find comfort that his existance is indirectly bringing Euphie's dreams to fruition.
So must Lelouch. He did give a speech about how death would be his punishment for manipulating and killing people during the ending. He even said something like" I would die here but so would you Suzaku, for you have to forever wear a mask..bla bla...forsake your happiness bla bla etcetc.." Leaving his friend to do all the dirty work isnt that nice is it? So my conclusion is he gave an equal contribution by sacrificing himself (really dying).

Plus, living in a countryside peacefully with someone he loves isnt much of a punishment to me..
Frostydrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 04:38   Link #4388
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Quote:
Quote:
So must Lelouch. He did give a speech about how death would be his punishment for manipulating and killing people during the ending. He even said something like" I would die here but so would you Suzaku, for you have to forever wear a mask..bla bla...forsake your happiness bla bla etcetc.." Leaving his friend to do all the dirty work isnt that nice is it? So my conclusion is he gave an equal contribution by sacrificing himself (really dying).

Plus, living in a countryside peacefully with someone he loves isnt much of a punishment to me..

How about losing every single person he cares for sans C.C.? I personally feel that Suzaku didn't have much left to live for and that Lelouch's gift of Zero was the purpose he needed. Also I don't think it's really dirty work if it's what Suzaku ultimately desires.
Momosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 05:31   Link #4389
tritoch

Did the whole argument about the immortality thing with Charles, C.C and Lelouch been resolved already on this topic?

I honestly believe that Lelouch via Geass, killed Charles in the World of C/Sword of Akasha and thus making himself immortal in the process.

There was only 1 condition for that: Pinnacle of Geass usage (which Lelouch gain when he geassed the Will of Humanity)

Okay, I'll keep quiet now.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 06:11   Link #4390
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It was resolved. Lelouch lives. With CC. "Breeding" like beavers.

Kidding. The only answer is "maybe".

As for your argument... You don't take a Code by killing its holder. You take the code, then kill its now mortal ex-holder. (Or let him die, in VV's case.)

It's possible Charles gave Lelouch his code before dying.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 06:33   Link #4391
tritoch

Uhm..

C.C: "If you want to live, then kill me, you will obtain the power to fight" Or that's how the translators went for it.

MUST WATCH EP 15 AGAIN!
Old 2008-10-10, 06:53   Link #4392
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
If Suzaku was pissed, he wouldn't have done it.

Suzaku is HAPPY with the outcome. The choice was always his. Even now, Suzaku could still abandon his post by taking off his Zero helmet in public.

At any time, if Suzaku think it is unfair, he could have it undone. And at any time before, Suzaku could have walked off, if he didn't like the deal.

Sure, if you are Suzaku you wouldn't have done it. That's your choice. But if you were Suzaku you wouldn't even BE there to stab Lulu in the chest. You would have gone home instead, throwing the Zero helmet in a ditch on the way out.

Why did you think Suzaku agreed to do this? Because he want to do it. And Lulu is not being mean to do something his former friend approved of.

p.s. If you think Suzaku agreed just so he could kill Lulu... Wrong. Suzaku could have killed Lulu at any time. It's not like Lulu could fight him off or anything.
Old 2008-10-10, 07:09   Link #4393
tritoch

Actually, I think it doesn't have to be Zero that would kill Lelouch. ANYBODY in the whole world could do it (maybe except Cornelia and the rest of the 'known' Brits).

The loathing that all of the world has for Lelouch transcends of that any minor squabbles that each person might have had with each other.

Heck, I wouldn't mind if Rivalz shot Lelouch. But then again, Lelouch wouldn't want that. There's so many good quotes from R2 especially about the two-faced Lelouch, and to think Charles understood Lelouch better than the rest of the world.

I just wished the epilogue would have been better.. like the people that knew about Zero Requiem and people that realized it would get together and toast whilst reminiscing the incident and of course, validating and acknowledging that Lelouch was indeed the real hero.

Nope. I am not a lelouch fanboy.
Old 2008-10-10, 08:17   Link #4394
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think it'd be hard for them to celebrate Lelouch's death. That was what made the scene so moving, for me: all the crowds rejoicing and cheering, while Nunnally was wailing and their hero was crying behind his mask. Must have been hard, for Suzaku. Everyone congratulating him on his victory over the Evil Emperor, while he probably wanted to say "I just killed my best friend, you asshole!"
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 08:41   Link #4395
shinigami99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think it'd be hard for them to celebrate Lelouch's death. That was what made the scene so moving, for me: all the crowds rejoicing and cheering, while Nunnally was wailing and their hero was crying behind his mask. Must have been hard, for Suzaku. Everyone congratulating him on his victory over the Evil Emperor, while he probably wanted to say "I just killed my best friend, you asshole!"
lol Suzaku might be saying, "I just killed THE TRUE HERO,you asshole"
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 13:10   Link #4396
Carlos45

Quote:

Don't forget that he has left all of hes family, and friends. Furthermore, they will remmeber him as a tyrant ruler.
Carlos45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 19:25   Link #4397
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

by the way do anyone knows what does "Re;" really means on r2-25?

personally i would say it was about

"Re;"-demption because lelouch did has some guilt, crimes, sins, etc that he ruined numerous people lives.

besides i'm still wonder how lelouch & suzaku got back as pals again maybe lelouch finally confess & is sorry for the "damage" that he did to suzaku.

cause all i see it was just "Re;"-demption for lelouch to apologize for everything he did.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 19:30   Link #4398
XenophunK
INACTIVITY

Send a message via MSN to XenophunK
-snip-

ugh...

Last edited by XenophunK; 2008-10-10 at 19:31. Reason: i've got to go to the last page first
XenophunK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 20:38   Link #4399
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

& what else that "bother" me IF only has lelouch told the REAL TRUTH then it would be a "twist" of a lifetime.

such as shame plus IF I EVER MEET GEASS DIRECTOR GORO well let i want him to "CONFESS" for everything.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 20:41   Link #4400
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Confess for what?