Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-24, 10:54   Link #401
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Too bad we won't get anything as cool with Sentai's release but at least it is licensed.
Sentai keeps getting money from me this year after having not bought a show from them in a very long time, perhaps even back to ADV days (Welcome to the NHK! maybe). Wonder if it will get dubbed? The press release at Sentai speaks only of a "home video release".

I've seen other Neandroid's before; Yune-chan just caught my eye. I'll try to control myself, Kim. I don't need another expensive addiction.

You know what's missing from that list of items at AmiAmi? A beach towel with the swirling fish design like the lap robe. I could see bringing a big towel with that design to the beach. Japanese people go to the beach, too. Don't they lie on big towels like we do here in the US?

Koko a foe? I'm thinking she's being held captive and subjected to indescribable jellyfish tortures.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-06-25 at 06:27.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 02:55   Link #402
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Koko a foe? I'm thinking she's being held captive and subjected to indescribable jellyfish tortures.

*slaps own face* err..... i mean like the ones from Spongebob?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:17   Link #403
cyth
Banned

Well, Coco could've been the princess from Enoshima Engi, and she went on to marry the dragon to calm him down, which is an alternative ending of that tale.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 10:04   Link #404
YayPepsi

Quote:
A beach towel with the swirling fish design like the lap robe.
What is a laprobe anyway? I've never heard of that before. The picture doesn't really clear things up either.
Old 2012-06-25, 13:06   Link #405
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It appears be a piece of polyester cloth 100 cm X 75 cm (39" x 29"). I'm guessing it's a thin blanket that you drape over your lap when the weather cools down. That's not big enough to function as a beach towel.

I like the idea of Coco marrying the dragon, cyth! Then she'll no longer be "married" to Haru, and he will be released to stay with the Enoshima gang.
Old 2012-06-26, 23:52   Link #406
gianna
gigi

Quote:
I like the idea of Coco marrying the dragon, cyth! Then she'll no longer be "married" to Haru, and he will be released to stay with the Enoshima gang.
Do you mean that Coco would be taken care of making Haru free from full responsibility of her?

I kind of thought there was just a little something between Akira and Coco but then again she is a fish right--
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 05:30   Link #407
Kakkou
Tch.

Illustrator Noizi Ito (Shakugan no Shana, Haruhi Suzumiya, Another) shows her support for Tsuritama:

She comments that watching Yuki & friends makes her wish she was born a guy (lol) and that she'd like to visit Enoshima someday.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 06:49   Link #408
kuromitsu

^Aww, this is cute.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 11:07   Link #409
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This series has really achieved a certain cult status, if nothing else. Industry people really seem to love it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 11:41   Link #410
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I looked at YouTube again the other day trying to find video of people dancing in Enoshima. I've heard there have been a few sitings, but so far I haven't been very successful. I've found some disturbingly oversexed elementary school girls, young people hanging at the beach with a heavy beat background, and a nearly five-minute walkaround with a video camera at Enoshima beach. The videographer is a bit too frenetic for my taste choosing never to linger over any scene too long. I notice no one is lying on a beach towel.

So, could this become my next career? Start by selling Tsuritama beach towels at Enoshima beach, make licensed beach towels a nation-wide fad, and corner the market. Who's in?
Old 2012-06-27, 15:40   Link #411
Bern-san

Pleased to see Noizi Ito liking Tsuritama

These are scans of Pash magazine (if I'm not mistaken):

This one includes shots of real Enoshima and anime Enoshima

Old 2012-06-27, 21:24   Link #412
KuroTsuki14

Spoiler for 11:

Oh I find this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
A thing that surprised me when I started watching it is the lack of school scenes after the first episodes and that I expected some kind of romance between Yuki and Erika.
Lot people predict there's going to romance between Yuki and her. Turns out no romance on main boys.

What's odd is that Erika is in the opening theme and not Ayumi. Ayumi, Duck leader rest of characters don't even have profile on the official website, what's up with that?
Maybe Erika turns out to be Yuki's future wife?
Old 2012-06-28, 02:38   Link #413
Kakkou
Tch.

My copy of BD Vol.1 arrived! X3

Spoiler for Vol.1 contents:

More pictures found here.

First volume LE contains: A box to hold all six volumes, bonus music CD, two art cards, booklet, special Atsuya Uki illust booklet, Enoshima map and an event application ticket. The BD contains episodes 1 and 2, next episode previews, clean OP/ED and audio commentary by director Kenji Nakamura, Ryota Ohsaka (Yuki) and Miyu Irino (Haru). I'd so love to use that ticket, except I'm not in Japan. orz

I tried watching the TV & BD versions side by side with dual monitors but gave up after ep1 cause looking for differences and listening to the audio commentary at the same time is hard...

The episodes were definitely improved for the BD with redrawn faces, added detail to backgrounds and objects, minor timing adjustments (there was a scene where they made the clouds drift slower) and etc. Yuki's flashbacks were upgraded with various scenes forming the words 今日の出来事 (Today's Events) before the film reel kicks in. The flashback scenes themselves had some extra filter effects applied to make them more dreamy. I'm very pleased with the amount of effort the staff are putting in. Shame the sales aren't looking to be good. *sigh*

If the various doodles they've been tweeting isn't a sign that they're having fun with this, the audio commentary mentions that all of Yuki's random classmates are actually modeled off A-1 Pictures staff members. They even have their own names and reference sheets. XD

One last thing, this is what the boys originally looked like early in the production:
Spoiler for size:
Old 2012-06-28, 08:12   Link #414
kuromitsu

^Aaaargh, why don't I have a BD playeer... ;___; Anyway, thanks for the scans!

I hope some kind soul will rip it and make it available in less, ahem, expensive ways, so I can at least listen to the commentary.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 10:53   Link #415
Kakkou
Tch.

There was a Q&A session going on at Twitter not long ago to commemorate the finale. The result was a whole lot of random trivia. Some informative and some very, very random. Not sure if I missed any, though I think I skipped a minor one or two. My question about Keito's previous job never got answered. ;__;

Spoiler for The More You Know:
Old 2012-06-28, 10:57   Link #416
gianna
gigi

Low DVD/BD sales would be a damn shame indeed
This has been one of the best original series that I've seen in a long time
It's amazing how well this series has developed and evolved the characters with great maturity and such grace

Thanks for sharing the box set review
Hope we get something half as good

I foolishly wish thousands of orders are placed to show adequate love to everyone involved in bringing us this series
Last ep was just beautiful and everything I wanted to see
My face hurts from smiling and crying

Oh!! You're a real gem for sharing all of that Kakkou
Thanks so much

Last edited by gianna; 2012-06-28 at 12:16.
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 12:02   Link #417
Kirarakim

Quote:
I've seen other Neandroid's before; Yune-chan just caught my eye. I'll try to control myself, Kim. I don't need another expensive addiction.
Well I was just warning you out of my own experience

I think I am just lucky that more of my favorite characters are not made into figures. I didn't get the Yune though since I try to stick to scale figures, but if you do get her definitely post pictures.

Anyways Kakkou thank you for posting the BD caps. I especially love the concept art.

Now I am very excited about today's finale but also sad that I won't have these characters weekly anymore. Sentai better give me my DVD set soon.

Also a friend of mine just tweeted she was going to Enoshima. I want to go there so badly now.
Old 2012-06-28, 13:30   Link #418
Nikkan

Last episode
Spoiler for Thoughts:
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 13:50   Link #419
YayPepsi

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-28, 13:53   Link #420
ookamigirl

Flashbacks to the fun days with Haru were nice.
They were just the motivation Yuki needed.
Fishing for that dragon was certainly the event of a lifetime.
Goodbye time was pretty cheerfull, just like Haru always was!
And life went on.... and Urara came back!!! ^-^
Nice final episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fishing, friendship, noitamina