AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 16 16.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 23.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 7.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-23, 13:46   Link #61
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
What if Saazbeum actually has a goal that in his mind, is noble? Such as breaking the royal family monopoly over the Aldonah? Or perhaps, Saazbeum might even have a high minded goal of actually breaking both Royal and Aristocratic monopoly over the Aldonah and instead, bestowing it in all humanity. What if Saazabum has come to a similar but even more sophisticated conclusion Rayet made about Martian society - that the status quo is utterly morally wrong in his eyes, and therefore, any price can be paid to replace the status quo with what he regards as a better, more equitable use of the Aldonah? And as such, is playing the entire war party around, as allies to be eventually disposed of?
I doubt that this series is as convoluted as you think.

I suspect that Saazbaum wants Slaine alive because Slaine can activate Aldnoah (Slaine doesn't seem to be smart enough to understand his dad's research, so I'm guessing that the fruit of his dad's labor is within his DNA). But I bet it'll be for Saazbaum's own benefit. This episode makes me think that S1 will end with Slaine nesting his position firmly in the mars side, either through his own will or being controlled by Saazbaum, and S2 will be Inaho and Slaine duking it out.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:48   Link #62
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Because it would be suspicious. As long he's safe, he can always 'request' his visit later on, or even tell Trillram to get him (why else was he aboard?). He didn't count with him being deployed to the battlefield in a Sky Carrier once (it was surprising).
Saazbaum could have requested for Slaine to be transfered to his castle at any moment before the series' starting point. And no, it wouldn't have beem suspicious because no one gives a damn about Slaine. Saazbaum could have gotten away with it with a simple excuse really. Martians are generally pretty dumb anyway.

There was really no reason for him to wait until now, at least not a reason that makes sense.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:50   Link #63
Wandering Soul

If Crueheto is dead I wonder how we are going to see his mech in action. I suppose someone else can pilot it but who? I guess it was too much to ask for Slaine to have someone with power and authority on his side.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:50   Link #64
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
There have been worse "sure kills" that ended up being red herrings.
*Cough* Mu La Flaga *Cough* Just to name a popular example.

However, I'm on the "He is dead" boat though. If I'm proven wrong, then so be it.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:54   Link #65
bakato

Goddamit! I was just beginning to like Cruhteo!
Old 2014-08-23, 13:54   Link #66
Kazu-kun

I guess it's pretty obvious Slaine's going to become Saazbaum's pawn. He's useless as a good guy anyway so that's kinda the only path left for him.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:55   Link #67
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
*Cough* Mu La Flaga *Cough* Just to name a popular example.

However, I'm on the "He is dead" boat though. If I'm proven wrong, then so be it.
I guess we just found our Char clone. Now watch Cruehto turn out to be alive and wearing a mask while fighting against the Martians responsible for the assassination.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:56   Link #68
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
He believed him because he knew about the stolen Aldnoah Drive and the countess wouldn't have been defeated without it. Everything finally clicked together thanks to that.

I just watched the sub. I'm so amused they mistranslated "愛しい地球人" as "dear friend". It means "Dear/beloved Terran."
It's more the degree of the flip flop than anything else that is alarming. He goes from taking absolute and clear delight in beating the guy and jamming a gun in his mouth with a sadistic smile on his face to lamenting his sacrifice and calling him the loyalest of the loyal and then I swear just to avoid having to show any sort of outcome for this change of heart and move the Cruhteo character forward or really flesh out what the sudden change was all about or where he really truly stands the character is just killed off.

It's just really silly how it's treated for a character that has been around since the beginning and how the guy goes on and on about principle and such but really has absolutely none. Also is it me or did it seem like Cruhteo was the main authority early on but then it suddenly became more like it was Saazbaum recently and like Cruhteo was kowtowing to him.

I had really expected this episode to really clear some things up but instead it just kind of creates more problems for the show and it's characterization.
Old 2014-08-23, 13:58   Link #69
Queen of Corners

I think Saazbaum and Cruhteo are more on equal standing there. But I'm pretty sure Cruhteo survived. It wouldn't really make much sense otherwise.
Old 2014-08-23, 14:00   Link #70
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Corners View Post
But I'm pretty sure Cruhteo survived. It wouldn't really make much sense otherwise.
Then he's most likely dead.
Old 2014-08-23, 14:00   Link #71
Sakuratsuki

Yet again a great episode. Hopefully we will get a second season. I feel sorry for Slain poor guy and I don't really know what to think about Inaho at this moment. I don't know if he is on the good side or on the bad side. And, they really need to do something about his face expressions. Really? Can he show any emotions at all? It's like he is a robot or something and doesn't have any emotions.
Old 2014-08-23, 14:01   Link #72
MartianMage

Well I was kinda expecting Cruhteo to find out about it eventually and help the Terrans but oh well looks like that got taken care of.

And now since Slaine fell unconscious before finding out Cruhteo was planning to help him you can pretty much expect Saazbaum to lie his way and reverse their positions.

edit: also http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...pg=71#47588375 poor Slaine lol
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-08-23, 14:05   Link #73
ookamigirl

The missing piece is here.
It was nice they showed us how they got the ship & how the Princess revealed herself.
Poor Slaine got captured and tortured 'cause of Inaho.
He definitely did not deserve that!
Revealing that Princess was alive would be dangerous.
At least for now since they don't know who exactly wanted her dead.
Slaine so did not deserve the misfortune that fell upon him.
In the end he let it slip the Princess is alive.
Luckily, it wasn't to the wrong guy.
The true traitor made his move rather quickly though..

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-08-23, 14:10   Link #74
Ryuga

Quote:
snip
Forgot Saazbaum didn't know about Slain assisting Trillram. People's theories about Troyard's research being a threat to the current rule is looking more likely.
Old 2014-08-23, 14:12   Link #75
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
I actually liked the contrast. They were both thinking about each other, in a contrasting situation, and Slaine's pain was to protect her and her dream and friends.

But many will hate her for that, unreasonably so.

This episode lacked Yuki.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-23, 14:15   Link #76
MartianMage

Quote:
I actually liked the contrast. They were both thinking about each other, in a contrasting situation, and Slaine's pain was to protect her and her dream and friends.

But many will hate her for that, unreasonably so.

This episode lacked Yuki.
How can people hate hime-sama... impossible!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-08-23, 14:16   Link #77
Kazu-kun

Slaine's suffering is just beginning. He's going to end up becoming a midboss and will get killed by the princess he wanted to protect. That hilarious irony.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-08-23 at 14:27.
Old 2014-08-23, 14:27   Link #78
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Slaine's suffering is just starting. He's going to end up becoming a midboss and will get killed by the princess he wanted to protect. That hilarious irony.
Slaine to me get as much as death flag as Haruto in VVV(being the most emotional), it won't be surprised to me if out of the three, Slaine kicked the bucket. 9
Old 2014-08-23, 14:29   Link #79
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Let's just move this. More users deserve to check this

Hime-sama's typical day

Slaine's typical day
Old 2014-08-23, 14:34   Link #80
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Spoiler for VVV spoilers:
Of course Slaine's going to die. Everything always goes wrong for him, and I doubt that's going to change. He'll die without accomplishing anything.