AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-01-18, 13:02   Link #7861
Namorax

Probably Pandora's Actor.

Technically, he is Ainz' "first-born" and even if Ainz gets other children the "natural" way PA would still be the oldest.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 06:05   Link #7862
Jorna

Oh! Volume 12 coming soon!
Jorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 15:32   Link #7863
gocav

And the U.S. release for volume 3 arrived at my house yesterday. This is a good week.
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 17:13   Link #7864
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

And when is volume 12 coming out then? I've heard August, but haven't confirmed.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 00:08   Link #7865
Emina

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
^ you can tell from the past 3 volumes that the author's trolling around with the only nation in the world still untouched by Ainz's influence. I mean there's no way that it takes that long for Ainz to reach the theocracy after encountering their elite forces already in Vol 1. Virtually every subsequent volumes had dealt with either the weakening kingdom or the not-so-threatening-in-retrospect empire - even when it pinnacled with Shaltear getting brainwashed by the theocracy, Ainz is still flailing around among the weak, hectare kingdom/empire... swearing revenge no less, but doing nothing for 9 whole volumes... wat da fug, author.

But recent developments seem to be aiming for a player among the elven kingdom instead of the theocracy. But this might be just another troll-fest by the author who luv creating loose ends without following up on them. (e.g dragon-race, kingdom adamantine adventurers, dragon-king who defeated a past demonlord or something while posed in an empty armor, and the more recent dwarf stealing a bar of metal etc.)
That seem to be the case and its very depressing.
Emina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 04:07   Link #7866
J4n1

I rather enjoy the loose plot threads.
The plot is moving, characters are progressing, there is constant action and humor, and world is being slowly built up.
Yeah, sure, i get the impatience of seeing Ainz go kick theocrazy in the ass, but i'm not going to complain as long as the books themselves keep being good and story keeps going forward.

And longer it takes for the story to reach theocrazy (i kinda hope they deal with elves first), the more cards there will be in play that can be used.
Sure Ainz could have gone out and personally crushed anyone he wanted in book 1, but now theocrazy has had time to mobilize, to plot, to learn about their enemy, which will eventually make for a more interesting arc.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 04:09   Link #7867
pervypig

^^ Ikr... so depressing dat ima gonna have to dump more of my hard-earned $$$ on troll-verlord merchandises, cos-play as Hamsuki at the latest anime-convention and learn how to execute Ainz's signature "heart-grasp" move... dam u, author, why woncha just end the series already...

^ What Ima actually afraid of is not that the story world become static and sterile, but rather the author running out of ideas after some time, coming back to the loose ends, and THEN failing to give a logical conclusion to the gazillion troll-herrings he had been throwing about... That's what's frustrating - not his style or ideas.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 01:57   Link #7868
Crossthought

Theocracy has too many enemies can't afford to make enemies with the sorcerous kingdom

I remember something that the priest said that it will take at least several years to regain their strength

and it took ainz less than year to bend 2 kingdoms and dragons to his will.
Crossthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 19:49   Link #7869
BakaOnna

I remember reading that Overlord is planned to be 18 volumes total, and it's "simply the prologue". Maruyama has stated he'll write more if he feels there's more to write.

Personally, I think it's an interesting idea to set Overlord as a "prologue" to Ainz's rise into power and a sequel novel series will follow which may not have Nazarick as the main focus but maybe as more of an antagonist.
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 00:38   Link #7870
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

In sequel, maybe Ainz will gain human form...
Old 2017-02-12, 01:41   Link #7871
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
I remember reading that Overlord is planned to be 18 volumes total, and it's "simply the prologue". Maruyama has stated he'll write more if he feels there's more to write.

Personally, I think it's an interesting idea to set Overlord as a "prologue" to Ainz's rise into power and a sequel novel series will follow which may not have Nazarick as the main focus but maybe as more of an antagonist.
Overlord has also taken more volumes to tell the story as intended (iirc), though the 11th volume spliced two into one.
So there's no telling how long the series ends up.

And i definitely would be interested in stories about people who go up against Nazarick, as well as of stories from inside Nazarick.
Maybe do short story volume with both kinds of stories side by side, maybe even a single story from two perspectives (like the lizardman arc)
There's lot of material here to work with.
Old 2017-02-12, 05:00   Link #7872
pervypig

18 volumes are hardly enough to satisfactorily cover all the troll-rrings (a.k.a. troll-herrings) the author's been throwing around since Vol. 1... also there's no telling whether he won't make a sequel with yet another protagonist 1000 yrs after the events of troll-ervlord, so ya, lets all pray to Ainz-sama for a sequel that satisfy our thirst...
Old 2017-02-14, 07:04   Link #7873
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
In sequel, maybe Ainz will gain human form...
Why should he?

Imagine if Ainz was a normal human from the very beginning, then many of the events happening would be different. Overlord is Overlord because we see the story from another point of view: the one of the being we call "Final Boss".

If the author turned Ainz human again, the story would loose a lot of its appeal IMO...

Quote:
18 volumes are hardly enough to satisfactorily cover all the troll-rrings (a.k.a. troll-herrings) the author's been throwing around since Vol. 1... also there's no telling whether he won't make a sequel with yet another protagonist 1000 yrs after the events of troll-ervlord, so ya, lets all pray to Ainz-sama for a sequel that satisfy our thirst...

Maybe he plans to become the One Piece/Bleach/Naruto of LNs? The story goes on and on and on and on... and "might" end sometime a few years down the road.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 07:47   Link #7874
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Maybe he plans to become the One Piece/Bleach/Naruto of LNs? The story goes on and on and on and on... and "might" end sometime a few years down the road.
Bleach/Naruto, no thanks, those went way past the best before date (subjective opinion).
One Piece though, hell yes, that things still going strong.

As long as writing stays good and author is willing to shake things up, then there's no problem with just keep writing Overlord novels.
Old 2017-02-14, 15:46   Link #7875
testeottilio

"Just what am I thinking about my good friend? It's obvious she doesn't have such a bad personality by looking at everything she's done so far. She's worked to help others. If I can't believe in someone who's earned the nickname of Golden, just who can I trust?"

Why did Lakyus think that?

– Cersei to Sansa Stark
testeottilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 15:53   Link #7876
pervypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
As long as writing stays good and author is willing to shake things up, then there's no problem with just keep writing Overlord novels.
And keep adding troll-rring threads all over the place while reviving enemies that are seemingly dead but unmentioned for 10 volumes? (for wat I am referring to just read the end of volume 2) Nah, i'd be fine even if he keep the universe and just write bout something else from there.
Old 2017-02-14, 17:07   Link #7877
J4n1

Quote:
And keep adding troll-rring threads all over the place while reviving enemies that are seemingly dead but unmentioned for 10 volumes? (for wat I am referring to just read the end of volume 2) Nah, i'd be fine even if he keep the universe and just write bout something else from there.
Terry Pratchet once mentioned how every book in Discworld set in Ankh Morpork would, almost inevitably, turn into a watch novel simply because city watch was so ever present entity in the city.
Nazarick is going to eventually turn out the same, except in global level.

Any book set in the new world is, one way or the other, going to involve Nazarick and its influence.
And that's fine, having outsiders perspective of Nazarick is fun, even if the stories might not be world shaking in and of themselves.
Old 2017-02-16, 02:21   Link #7878
Jorna

If Overlord is a prequel and kill Ainz by the end of it, Ainz can be reincarnated as Enri and Nfirea child.
Old 2017-02-27, 06:23   Link #7879
Jorna

Spoiler for You will agree with me "OH YEAH!":
Old 2017-02-27, 07:12   Link #7880
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorna View Post
Spoiler for You will agree with me "OH YEAH!":
yes, i agree with you
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination