Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-06-25, 22:17   Link #2441
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
To be honest, I'm not sure if Yakotora is what Bakatora would have normally become 10 years later (i.e. if he never had to partially break his seal against Shaver, and he never awakened as Yakou).
Well I always felt this would be inevitable as long as he continued stand by Natsume. If he didn't break part of his seal against Shaver, it would have happened elsewhere given the kinda of people they're up against.

Quote:
For one, Yakotora has 2 OP shikigami (plus a who knows how many other shikigami in addition to those fucking OP Spiders), and being the father of modern Onmyoudou gives him quite an in-depth knowledge in this craft - and I remember Imperial Onmyoudou wasn't well-documented, so he probably knows a fuckton of stuff other Onmyouji have no idea about.

Thus, whilst I can agree Bakatora would definitely have grown as an Onmyouji (and as a person) in 10 years time, I doubt he would have been able to casually waltz into the SST and do as he pleased (even less remain as fresh and collected), despite having Jougen and his cronies against him like Yakotora did - not to mention something that helped Yakotora was the fact he understood how the barrier of SST worked, since he's the one who placed it, so he knew how to deal with it beforehand. In fact, he came prepared for that.
I'm only speaking more in terms general personality traits, rather than being exactly him. The kinda of things come from age: maturity, experience and most importantly his passion for magic. That said, as you pointed out Harutora is Yakou under different name and (re)living a different life. So what we are seeing are aspects that are inherit rather added.

Quote:
Anyway, that aside, is this REINCARNATION album releasing the full track for the TV-version of X-encounter? Considering the 90sec PV I suppose it is.
I don't like the current one (i.e. the full version of X-encounter available right now), because it's too high pitched. I liked the anime series' version better.
Unfortunately this kinda of thing we won't know until album drops.

Quote:
Yakou is considered the father of modern Onmyoudou, because he's the one who revitalised and recreated it (we're told he added so many things from other sources that Imperial Onmyoudou is only referred to as 'Onmyoudou' because Yakou was an Onmyouji, however, you could hardly call it Onmyoudou in the original sense).
This is, at least, the information we've got from the LN.
Don't forget that he also remove most of religious and abstracts concepts that was integral in the old Onmyoudou which one of the other primary reasons for its difference.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-06-25 at 22:39.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 23:20   Link #2442
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well I always felt this would be inevitable as long as he continued stand by Natsume. If he didn't break part of his seal against Shaver, it would have happened elsewhere given the kinda of people they're up against.
Who knows? They never even began to suspect Natsume was a girl, and even less that Harutora was the real reincarnation of Yakou.
That being said, I suppose Yasuzumi might have had his own plans regarding when Harutora should have recovered his own memories, but he kinda sucks at planning.

Quote:
I'm only speaking more in terms general personality traits, rather than being exactly him. The kinda of things come from age: maturity, experience and most importantly his passion for magic. That said, as you pointed out Harutora is Yakou under different name and (re)living a different life. So what we are seeing are aspects that are inherit rather added.
Ah, then I agree. Harutora would have likely become a good Onmyouji - how good, I don't know, since by the time Harutora was seriously trying to improve himself, shit happened and he awakened as Yakou.

Quote:
Unfortunately this kinda of thing we won't know until album drops.
The PV has given me hope it'll be a full version of the TV song.
I really want to listen it.

Quote:
Don't forget that he also remove most of religious and abstracts concepts that was integral in the old Onmyoudou which one of the other primary reasons for its difference.
Indeed, though I wonder if he was as strict on the "no religious/abstract concepts" part as the ones who elaborated "General Onmyoudou" were.
I mean, considering the Taizan Fukun Ritual seems to be part of Imperial Onmyoudou, I would suppose he might have been more relaxed about those aspects.
Old 2014-06-26, 01:30   Link #2443
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Who knows? They never even began to suspect Natsume was a girl, and even less that Harutora was the real reincarnation of Yakou.
The antagonists didn't really have much bearing on Harutora breaking his seal the first time around since it happened primary due to desperate situation was only indirectly linked to Twin Horn. Any similar opponent or other dire situation could have cause it.

Quote:
That being said, I suppose Yasuzumi might have had his own plans regarding when Harutora should have recovered his own memories, but he kinda sucks at planning.
Actually, I'm under the impression that Yasuzumi had always planned to lift the curse, but through Natsume, which is why he taught her the spell (without telling her what it actually was of course). He was probably well aware of her feelings towards his son and that she would eventually make him her shikigami as per tradition too. Things most likely happened earlier than expected, but the result (Natsume's death aside) was as he wanted, or rather in his expectations.

Quote:
Indeed, though I wonder if he was as strict on the "no religious/abstract concepts" part as the ones who elaborated "General Onmyoudou" were.
I mean, considering the Taizan Fukun Ritual seems to be part of Imperial Onmyoudou, I would suppose he might have been more relaxed about those aspects.
Yeah, it's very likely that Imperial Onmyoudou was more flexible in that area. Another way to look at it is that souls are probably not considered a religious concept in Imperial Onmyodou, but rather part of natural order of nature and as well being no different than any other part of a living being. Gods like Taizan Fukun are probably view in the similar fashion by have their existences acknowledged, despite not being worshiped.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-06-26 at 10:19.
Old 2014-06-26, 09:22   Link #2444
@GEMC

was baka tsuki not working again?
Old 2014-06-26, 12:28   Link #2445
Iron Maw
Banned

It's down? AGAIN?!
Old 2014-06-26, 15:54   Link #2446
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
It's down? AGAIN?!
Good grief ....
Old 2014-06-26, 16:41   Link #2447
InfinityDragonGod

Actually baka tsuki came back some time ago
InfinityDragonGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 18:11   Link #2448
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Actually, I'm under the impression that Yasuzumi had always planned to lift the curse, but through Natsume, which is why he taught her the spell (without telling her what it actually was of course). He was probably well aware of her feelings towards his son and that she would eventually make him her shikigami as per tradition too. Things most likely happened earlier than expected, but the result (Natsume's death aside) was as he wanted, or rather in his expectations.
I agree here, if he's a seer he must've known it was fruitless to try and prevent the future from happening but wanted to delay it long enough that Harutora could handle it (which he's doing surprisingly well now actually).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 20:40   Link #2449
tuckersister

There is gonna be powerful antagonist that much stronger than anybody can think off. The antagonist will just drop in, beat the shit out of everyone, get what was needed and than leave. An enemy that no one even knows is very dangerous and mysterious.

The past will always come back to haunt you. Though it depends on what past.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 23:41   Link #2450
Frontier

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I agree here, if he's a seer he must've known it was fruitless to try and prevent the future from happening but wanted to delay it long enough that Harutora could handle it (which he's doing surprisingly well now actually).
That actually makes a lot of sense, especially considering Yasuzumi's abilities and how extensive his reading of the stars are supposed to be. It doesn't completely redeem or absolve him in my eyes, but I'll at least say my opinion of Yasuzumi may somewhat soften if this turns out to be the case.
Old 2014-06-27, 06:47   Link #2451
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
There is gonna be powerful antagonist that much stronger than anybody can think off. The antagonist will just drop in, beat the shit out of everyone, get what was needed and than leave. An enemy that no one even knows is very dangerous and mysterious.

The past will always come back to haunt you. Though it depends on what past.
A good story doesn't necessarily require a "bad guy", you know.
Old 2014-06-27, 22:40   Link #2452
bakato

Chapter 5!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 23:35   Link #2453
black prince
Lost Child

Quote:
"They were originally things I made, so it's more accurate to say that I'm 'taking them back'."

To Harutora who casually said that, Hishamaru replied:

"These things must be very happy right now as well."

"Those things are armaments, not you."

Kakugyouki rebutted.
LOL

oh Yakou, you still want to play Shogi after lossing 100 games

Last edited by black prince; 2014-06-28 at 00:08.
black prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-28, 02:22   Link #2454
Shorya
::>_<::

Wow the chapter 5 was really good.....!!!
especially the last part the revealed Akino's from Souma family....!!!!
Shorya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-28, 02:51   Link #2455
choopo

finally finished Vol 10 and thanks to Lygophile-sama
Look like vol 11 will take alot of time until fully translated
choopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-28, 04:08   Link #2456
Used Can

Man, it feels odd that we're finally at this point in the story.
Lygo has come quite a long way.

Either way, I think some parts of the translation can be fixed.

Quote:
"Harutora-sama, you're a different person, but I can see in you the appearance of Yakou-sama when he was your age."

"It's obvious that we'd be similar, since we're of the same bloodline."
Spoiler for Volume 10:

Quote:
"I have other reasons!"

"Then why don't you spend some more time with me?"
Spoiler for Volume 10:
Old 2014-06-28, 05:46   Link #2457
Iron Maw
Banned

Thanks again Lygo, very good climax and ending.

Yeah... Tsuchigumos are definitely OP. Harutora didn't even need use Hishamaru or Kakugyouki for this. Those things alone would have been enough. Hell you would think that massive near god-level lightning attack would taken it down, but nope.

Quote:
"Thunder, fill the sky for nine days!"
Missed opportunity that anime did not keep that bit from Chizuru during her fight with Marin in vol 8. Would have had been a great throwback when Natsume perform the same spell like in the novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black prince View Post
LOL

oh Yakou, you still want to play Shogi after lossing 100 games
The best part was that letter.

I've taken quite a liking Sen, hope he'll show up again sometime.
Quote:
Man, it feels odd that we're finally at this point in the story.
Lygo has come quite a long way.

Either way, I think some parts of the translation can be fixed.

Spoiler for Volume 10:

Spoiler for Volume 10:
I also felt this part from the spoilers was a little clearer in the JP version:

Quote:
"Priest, how many 'feats of the ancients' do you think I crushed and how many 'long-lived techniques' do you think I severed in the past for the nation? I'm the person who melted and recast the things that you always prized, forging them into things sharp as sabers. Things I ought to protect, you say? Have you gone senile from old age? I'm the madman who once muddied the nation's magic into chaos and then reorganized them with no misgivings, you know?"
Spoiler for Volume 10(JP):

I suppose he could merged them all like he did with quote at beginning of chapter 1.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-06-28 at 06:46.
Old 2014-06-28, 06:59   Link #2458
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

The time Natsume shouted " Bakatoraaaaaaaaa".... I also almost shouted and re-enact it in here! (in my house).

Chapter 5 is just superb awesome! Just see much clearly how much BADASS Yakotora is

Even though, he doesn't have a divinition just like his father. It almost like he could foresee the future. I like that part when Sen said those things. Damn, If Yako just also good at shogi, but 100x? LOL
Old 2014-06-28, 08:50   Link #2459
DarkDooM

Spoiler:

Amazing chapter again. With this, the "setup" volume for part 2 is finished. I'm looking forward to see those twin-seers, that were said to be far above even Miyoshi when working together, in future volumes. I wonder if they're female or male, and how old they are. Do they show up in volume 11 already?
Old 2014-06-28, 09:19   Link #2460
The One-way Road

Wonderful chapter, captivating from start 'till finish.

Spoiler for Vol 10 Ch 5:

So she's still like that, huh. "Cute as a kid, but awkward as an adult." Can it have something to do with her breaking of the seal. Poor Harutora, in any case.

We might not get a translation of volume 11 anytime soon, but there's always hope for the side story novels. They would definetly give new depths to the characters and the TR-universe.
The One-way Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural