AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-01, 22:42   Link #1
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Ongoing manga that need to end

I hate to say this but Detective Conan(Case Closed in Japan) should ended decade ago but keeps on and on like no tomorrow. Some people actually make a joke "Which one will come first, doomsday or the end of Detective Conan?" I voted for doomsday.
Old 2011-08-02, 03:32   Link #2
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Hajime no Ippo needs to end. It's the longest manga in existence, and it's still ongoing. I should say Bleach should end too. The plot makes no sense at all anymore.
Old 2011-08-02, 06:35   Link #3
Kallen4life

Naruto is already ending I think (probably we're towards the end more or less)

Bleach atm sucks horribly, but it's the shortest out of Big3, I'm willing to give Kubo-troll one more chance .. there's still stuff unresolved

One Piece is going strong, soon we'll be past the fish-arc and into the New World with all the new stuff and see supernovas, Shichibukai, admirals, BB, Yonkou etc. again - can't wait

agreed about Case Closed and Hajime no Ippo
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-08-02, 07:23   Link #4
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Bleach, One Piece, Ippo, Conan, basically all manga that runs more than 50 volumes.
Old 2011-08-02, 07:34   Link #5
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Naruto's rather pale compared to what it was during the first season (pre-Shippuuden), but it's still tolerable for me since it hasn't become a very repetitive story. It's still got recurring elements to it but the story's moving on rather well overall if you overlook the details. There are some inconsistencies in the characters, but nothing compared to Bleach. It does need to end since it's gone for long enough, but I'm not as eager to have it finish as I am with Bleach or Hajime no Ippo, both of which lost track of what they were at the beginning pretty horrendously.
Old 2011-08-02, 08:36   Link #6
Freeter
beyond

Negima. I don't even know what the hell is going on in that series anymore.
Old 2011-08-02, 08:59   Link #7
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well, I think Negima will end with 1-2 more arcs...I still think that there are many aspect that can be delved further and more girls for pactio :P

Let's see..I think Conan should end soon. It's not like I mind about the never-ending cases, but I'm scared that Gosho might end up 'unable to draw' anymore before he writes the ending...just like a certain mangaka ._.

Old 2011-08-02, 10:37   Link #8
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Let's see..I think Conan should end soon. It's not like I mind about the never-ending cases, but I'm scared that Gosho might end up 'unable to draw' anymore before he writes the ending...just like a certain mangaka ._.
I fear the same, that he would not be able to finish the manga because the age or some time related stuff, but also i like the cases and some slow...really slow plot advance, so i have mixed feelings about conan ending .

And for mangas that should be finished by the author (and not by ye olde axe) i also have negima on my list. In Bleach case, at least for me, Kubo need to give an answer for some stuff (like ichigo's sisters, aizen future, the king stuff, and more things i don't remember now), but with all the kubotrolling, i don't what is true anymore
Old 2011-08-02, 12:36   Link #9
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I'm fine with it ongoing forever
Detective Conan - I still recall this back when I was a child in 1 st grade, I'm amaze the story is going strong w/o fearing cancellation (what determine old/new fans).
Hajime no Ippo

Needs to end now!
Naruto - pale story, death has no meaning and it lacks depth
Bleach - the plot is everywhere
KNIM - inconsistency and forced drama - heroine/protagonist - why are they in love again?
Old 2011-08-02, 19:59   Link #10
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Hajime no Ippo needs to end. It's the longest manga in existence, and it's still ongoing. I should say Bleach should end too. The plot makes no sense at all anymore.
Forgot to add something, ippo isn't the longest running manga. Kochi kame already have more than 100 volumes and is still ongoing at jump.
Old 2011-08-02, 22:31   Link #11
ForteAnly

I want Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece to end already. They have gone for far too long imo specially One Piece. Bleach and Naruto's story plot is just terrible and need to end soon. You must be a true fan of either series to really enjoy it the story.
Old 2011-08-03, 02:59   Link #12
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I'm fine with it ongoing forever
Detective Conan - I still recall this back when I was a child in 1 st grade, I'm amaze the story is going strong w/o fearing cancellation (what determine old/new fans).
Hajime no Ippo
I won't speak for Conan as I've never read/watched it, but Ippo has gotten terribly cliché and repetitive. The thing about Ippo is that it's a sports manga. The only plot there is in such a manga is the main character's struggle to overcome the limits of his body while training to defeat a specific opponent, coupled with drama elements spurred by the difficulty of training, rivalry with other boxers, a girl, what have you.

Spoiler for In the case of Ippo:

An example of a good sports manga that has a good resolution to most of the aspects I mentioned, Eyeshield21 is a good read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Forgot to add something, ippo isn't the longest running manga. Kochi kame already have more than 100 volumes and is still ongoing at jump.
I stand corrected Ippo's still been ongoing for way too long tho.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-08-03 at 04:09. Reason: No need to go that far!
Old 2011-08-03, 03:22   Link #13
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Prepare for a wall of text (a.k.a. MEGA RANT):

I like Hajime no Ippo. It might be going on forever, but it's got plenty of storyline potential. PLENTY. And despite complaints of Ippo being emo, I personally disagree. I think his retrospection is a sign of his maturation and growth. While I don't want it to go on forever (it wouldn't really be a STORY then, now would it?), I think that people should stop whining about it's length. If you don't like it continuing, then just stop reading it and shut up already, as it hasn't even begun to dip into its potential yet. Ippo is going to take on the world, and win or lose, I know the story is going to get better. My only complaint is that we can never take Takamura or Aokimura seriously.

Bleach is just getting fucking lame, though. I've been annoyed with the storyline ever since the Aizen arc ended. It's not a good sign when even that characters that used to be my favorites are starting to piss me off. If Kubo doesn't fix his lame "twists" in his storyline, I might actually drop Bleach (something I never thought I would actually consider, much less follow through on).

One Piece. I've never liked it, I never will. I can tell from what I've heard that it's got decent moments and a few cool characters, but the main characters are cheesy, and the character design looks like some doodle off the side of some middle schooler's goddamn lunchbox. I know it's probably a petty and superficial reason to dislike a manga, but I can't stand reading it or watching the anime. Something about it rubs me the wrong way.

Naruto is still pretty good, surprisingly. But I can tell it's going to end soon. Probably in the next year or so. At least in theory. There's definitely an eventual end in sight, in any case. I personally don't think the story is suffering nearly as bad as Bleach or One Piece, however. That being said, the author seriously suffers from a case of GAY-FOR-SASUKE Syndrome.

Pokemon. I'm surprised no one's mentioned it, despite it being an anime and not a big ongoing manga (though I believe Diamond and Pearl had a small manga spin-off). I know it's an anime, but it REALLY needs to end. It won't, considering it's a multi-media cash cow (the GAMES, for one), but the story in the anime has been really subpar for I-don't-even-know-how-many-seasons-now. It was kinda lame in the first season, then got really good for about 3, then after that got completely lame and not even worth watching. Watching Ash start over half dozen times is beyond retarded, as if he used his Pokemon from the first season he would be able to compete at higher levels.... it doesn't help that he doesn't get smarter over time. His ability to plan strategically is absolutely pathetic considering how many years he's supposedly been dueling.
Old 2011-08-03, 04:02   Link #14
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I like Hajime no Ippo. It might be going on forever, but it's got plenty of storyline potential. PLENTY. And despite complaints of Ippo being emo, I personally disagree. I think his retrospection is a sign of his maturation and growth. While I don't want it to go on forever (it wouldn't really be a STORY then, now would it?), I think that people should stop whining about it's length. If you don't like it continuing, then just stop reading it and shut up already, as it hasn't even begun to dip into its potential yet. Ippo is going to take on the world, and win or lose, I know the story is going to get better. My only complaint is that we can never take Takamura or Aokimura seriously.
Ehm, well, I know you weren't replying to me specifically, but I do need to mention that not even once in my posts did I ever say Ippo was going emo. As a matter of fact, I agree that it's a sign of his maturity and growth. But honestly, he's been training for 6 years. I'd have thought he'd have learned all of that by now. I can't disagree with the potential it carries either. It does have that. My point is that all the potential you mention could've easily been explored much sooner. Ippo is going to take on the world. My point is that with Ippo's talent, hard work and near flawless record, he could've done it much sooner. The only reason I complain about it is because I still like it enough to keep reading it. If you don't like people whining about manga because there's things about it they don't like, you shouldn't do the same about other manga that you still care enough to read

Quote:
Naruto is still pretty good, surprisingly. But I can tell it's going to end soon. Probably in the next year or so. At least in theory. There's definitely an eventual end in sight, in any case. I personally don't think the story is suffering nearly as bad as Bleach or One Piece, however. That being said, the author seriously suffers from a case of GAY-FOR-SASUKE Syndrome.
The only thing I see as wrong with Naruto is the inconsistencies with some of the characters, recycled themes, how a number of the characters are haxxed (Naruto and Kyuubi, Sasuke and Sharingan), and as you say, Kishi's GAY-FOR-SASUKE Syndrome. Otherwise, the plot is going rather smoothly despite that, and the setting is, as I said, one of the best I've seen in a manga.
Old 2011-08-03, 04:17   Link #15
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, can you please try to keep a cool head while posting in this thread?

It's fine if you think a manga has been running longer that it should, but it is not right to point the finger at the fans of said mangas and start saying "this" and "that" about them.

Any post that tries to mock or insult the fans of any particular title will be deleted; the poster in question will also be issued an infraction.
Old 2011-08-03, 19:20   Link #16
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Some of the very long running manga (ie: naruto) still have very exciting plot, although it may have skewed away from what captured me in the beginning (using naruto again: it went from a ninja manga about kids using smart tactics to best utilize their unique abilities to a manga about body-part-stealing martial artists who continue to power up in various ways - I also feel must of the "friendship" part of the manga is gone).

I first started reading some of these series when I was a kid, I would like the series to end before I hit my 30s: as I am afraid I am quickly growing out of them.
Old 2011-08-03, 20:14   Link #17
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Negima is APPEARING to end with the next Movie -Neigma Final

Bleach tried to end, and the editor's made him continue it.

Naruto has killed off (twice) most of the characters, so I suspect it will end soon.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2011-08-07, 10:34   Link #18
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
One Piece. I've never liked it, I never will. I can tell from what I've heard that it's got decent moments and a few cool characters, but the main characters are cheesy, and the character design looks like some doodle off the side of some middle schooler's goddamn lunchbox. I know it's probably a petty and superficial reason to dislike a manga, but I can't stand reading it or watching the anime. Something about it rubs me the wrong way.
One Piece doesn't just have 'decent' moments, every major arc it ends with a bang bigger than the end of TTGL and leave people weeping from sorrow and joy. It doesn't only have just a 'few' cool characters as well.

After the end of TTGL everyone including me were high on Spiral Energy, but then I just read the next chapter of One Piece and I'm high on One Piece again.

I'm using TTGL as an example here because we're both TTGL fans. As big as a mecha fan I am, I don't think there were any mecha series that is remotely close to the amount of joy and entertainment One Piece has provided. I've played most of the SRW series out there and only some could entertain me as much as One Piece.

There's definitely no need to end One Piece at all currently, it has been getting better and better, so much that its popularity completely overwhelms any other manga. Its selling so well now that it even out sells the combined total of the top 10 manga below it.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2011-08-07, 11:12   Link #19
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
The only thing I see as wrong with Naruto is the inconsistencies with some of the characters, recycled themes, how a number of the characters are haxxed (Naruto and Kyuubi, Sasuke and Sharingan), ...
Ummm...may I ask what's wrong with Naruto & Kyuubi and Sasuke & Sharingan . You can put it on spoiler tags if you feel like to answer .
Old 2011-08-07, 14:18   Link #20
ForteAnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
One Piece doesn't just have 'decent' moments, every major arc it ends with a bang bigger than the end of TTGL and leave people weeping from sorrow and joy. It doesn't only have just a 'few' cool characters as well.

After the end of TTGL everyone including me were high on Spiral Energy, but then I just read the next chapter of One Piece and I'm high on One Piece again.

I'm using TTGL as an example here because we're both TTGL fans. As big as a mecha fan I am, I don't think there were any mecha series that is remotely close to the amount of joy and entertainment One Piece has provided. I've played most of the SRW series out there and only some could entertain me as much as One Piece.

There's definitely no need to end One Piece at all currently, it has been getting better and better, so much that its popularity completely overwhelms any other manga. Its selling so well now that it even out sells the combined total of the top 10 manga below it.
Popularity doesn't always mean the series is good. The same thing could be said about some artist that sell a lot with certain CD's or songs but that does not mean they are good and well received by everyone. Take Dragon Ball Z for example it was an extremely popular series and sold well like One Piece but that did not mean the series was perfect without flaws. For me One Piece annoys me with the recycling of their arc formula. Which is usually adventure arc followed by a rescue arc. I don't think One Piece is bad series and I still read it but despite it's popularity it's far from a perfect series.
Closed Thread