AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-09, 15:27   Link #141
UPR

I know we can't ask when subs are coming out. But, does anyone know if a subbing group picked this up.
Old 2008-01-09, 22:25   Link #142
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I know we can't ask when subs are coming out. But, does anyone know if a subbing group picked this up.
According to wiki, they are:

AnimeYoshi, AQS-Anime, Ayako

But I am not sure if this was reliable info

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 04:34   Link #143
ZODDGUTS

Liked the first episode the animation was good slightly better then I expected it to be. The characters were all spot on. Really laughed at that one guy at the restaurant hitting on the main character it really surprised me not sure if I remember that from the game. Also liked it when Miyu did all those "sexy" posses and you see one badground character with the wtf look heh. Overall pretty good much better then Tsuyokiss anime was.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 05:59   Link #144
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Just watched the sub. Putting everything aside, I will say that my reaction was mostly positive. My main gripe would be with Shinra. The whole thing with "Hey person I just met, call me Shinra-sama" doesn't sit too well with me. I guess it's supposed to be funny because they are blowing the oujo-sama character type way out of proportion, but the moment seemed 100% serious.
Oh well. I guess it could be worse. Shinra could whip Ren every night and spout " Baka inu!" every three seconds for the most minuscule, insignificant reasons. *sigh* memories.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 06:31   Link #145
slidingk1

Watched the first episode and I can't stop laughing a must watch for me this season. Anime Gold!!!!!
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 07:34   Link #146
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I like the characters, but the timing of the jokes are off. It's kinda lackluster. The animation isn't that good either. I'm not really excited to say the least. I'll atleast try a 2nd ep though. I wouldn't reccommend this to anyone yet though.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 07:38   Link #147
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Just watched the sub. Putting everything aside, I will say that my reaction was mostly positive. My main gripe would be with Shinra. The whole thing with "Hey person I just met, call me Shinra-sama" doesn't sit too well with me. I guess it's supposed to be funny because they are blowing the oujo-sama character type way out of proportion, but the moment seemed 100% serious.
Hehe...

Well, look at it this way: Aside from the fact that you ARE a celebrity and you ARE an ojousama, you return home to YOUR mansion at night. Suddenly an unknown beaten up guy is climbing out of YOUR pool in YOUR garden, and he starts calling you Kuonji... Shinra. Without honorifics, just like this. In my book, that's pretty rude to begin with - towards her

Still, you'll see - she's no Louise. The barrier between master and butler will be a key issue of the show. And except for the emphasized "I'm the boss in here", Shinra isn't unkind towards Ren. Not only talking about giving them employment, also think about the beginning of the episode.

Looking forward to ep2! Thanks to the folks at Ayako for picking it up!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 09:06   Link #148
Mef

a bit disappointing that it doesn't have a real loli in it..
but still entertaining to watch

It follows HnG quite obviously... especially with the intro and breaking the 4th wall.

the next episodes will show if it's only an insignificant copy or if its a good comedy anime

oh and yume is of course a copy of yuna from KKM
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 09:42   Link #149
nookadum

Yaranaika, pedobear (Benisu LOL), and a brotherly/sisterly complex...

This show is up on my list on what to watch this season.
nookadum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 10:00   Link #150
Midonin
Last Engage

The show did a good job handling all the necessary intros at once. The best part, to me, came in the episode preview.

"That's another butler anime." A direct nod to Hayate - excellent.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 10:24   Link #151
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
"That's another butler anime." A direct nod to Hayate - excellent.
Well, since the whole show has "borrowed" so many elements of Hayate, they really had to do it. It was an interesting start, so hopefully this anime will be different enough to justify itself beyond being just a copy of another show.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 11:58   Link #152
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Oh well. I guess it could be worse. Shinra could whip Ren every night and spout " Baka inu!" every three seconds for the most minuscule, insignificant reasons. *sigh* memories.
I would find it insulting if someone did compare her to that bi**h
Mentar makes a good point about her attitude towards ren...the nerve of the guy to address her so casually, you must know how important honorifics are to japanese people (using the wrong ones could get you smacked ) - the normal response for any oujo types would be to say: "do you know who I am!?"
Shinra's whip of love is far more accepting than the other girl.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 13:13   Link #153
Ashlotte
Clockwork

First episode was ok enough...Unfortunatly parts of the general premise coupled with random butler fights with "Energy" attacks made it feel alittle too close to a hayate knockoff...

But I have faith that they can do interesting things with the characters and I'm already quite fond of Mihato...She has a great balance of innocent cuteness and brutal honesty (Couldn't stop laughing at the Bro-con comment. ). That and that inner voice thing she was breaking into in the second half of the episode complete with evil looks won me over.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 13:19   Link #154
Sinta

Hayate knock off? yeah i can totally see that though I think this will have a great deal more fanservice. (It already has) I like the fact that the story is starting out with a LOT of characters. We have 9 introduced in the first episode. I think that is interesting.
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 13:23   Link #155
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
First episode was ok enough...Unfortunatly parts of the general premise coupled with random butler fights with "Energy" attacks made it feel alittle too close to a hayate knockoff...

But I have faith that they can do interesting things with the characters and I'm already quite fond of Mihato...She has a great balance of innocent cuteness and brutal honesty (Couldn't stop laughing at the Bro-con comment. ). That and that inner voice thing she was breaking into in the second half of the episode complete with evil looks won me over.
The mutual sister/brother complex between Mihato and Ren already makes this a winner.
Also the fact that Shinra and Ren share their Sisterly comlex makes also more interesting.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 13:57   Link #156
Leedizzle

I can't really imagine Kenichi doing this.
Leedizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 14:21   Link #157
Jerseykid

Another butler anime eh
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 14:27   Link #158
UPR

I find this better than Hayate.
Old 2008-01-10, 14:49   Link #159
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I find this better than Hayate.
It's too early to say. Hayate keeps getting better especially the more recent episodes, this anime is going to work very hard to top that!
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 15:00   Link #160
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
It's too early to say. Hayate keeps getting better especially the more recent episodes, this anime is going to work very hard to top that!
I find that kinda hard to agree with seen as how "lifeless" hayate has become as a series. Even with the recent eps, it is nothing but rinse, dry and repeat - also it seems that the character here in this series are more "colourful". Even the head butler kicks ass unlike kaus But most importantly...I prefer the oujo sama in this series more than the one in hayate :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, seinen