AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-28, 06:54   Link #1
coderlan
Student

The Last 24 Hours of your life

Speaking non logically, what things you want or need to do before you die?

For me, I'll just eat and eat all my favorite food, errrr, I am not sure if this is what I'll do before I die, because I have no goals or whatnot.
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 07:05   Link #2
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

It depends what do you mean by "before you die". If it's only 24hours before and since I think I will be very very old, don't think I will be able to do something great So all I want is to die peacedully with all the people that I love and will love next to me.

Now, if we're talking about an event that will destroy all the Earth, I think I will go somewhere where I can be safe (from other people who will certainly want to kill each other) and spend my last day with my family and all the people that I love.
Old 2009-11-28, 07:10   Link #3
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Don't wanna think about it .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 07:16   Link #4
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I'd find a steep hill that leads down to a cliff, park my car at the top of it, release the handbrake and surf on the roof of the car down the hill and off the cliff. It might make for a good youtube video if you get a friend to record it.

But more seriously... why wait until the final day of your life to do what you want to do? The only different things you can do on your last day are the stuff that result in: death, severe injury, financial ruin or some time in the slammer.

So, I probably would do some 'extreme' sports like thing if I were suddenly told to only have 24 hours remaining.
Old 2009-11-28, 07:28   Link #5
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Hopefully I won't be aware of it.

But I imagine in the worst case scenario it'll probably entail combat and a host of miserable things whilst filled with thoughts of what I'd like to do when I got home. And other desolate emotions.

However if I did know I was going to die in twenty four hours and could spend it however I wished I'd spend it with my loved ones but don't let them know something is up.

We were told when my father's condition deteriorated at an alarming rate and wasn't expected to live anymore than a couple of days and he knew it too.

It's hard to sit in a room with a man knowingly lying on his deathbed and trying not to cry whilst making idle conversation and pretending everything's fine.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 08:01   Link #6
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Reminded me to really really, make up a will asap just so it's 'there' and done.

First off, I'd write a list of all passwords and online accounts, close off as many as I can, clear out my email inboxes, and leave the details with a mate to handle the rest after I'm gone.
Neatly tie up my 'online life' stuffs, offline is easier for relatives to do.

Secondly, make a video saying 'bye bye' in my usual, amusing self to be played at the funeral or whatever to those I had no time to send a notice to (yay to digital sharing).
I actually did tell my mum this as an idea that I wanted.
"If you're watching this video, then yeah, sorry... I'm kinda dead now..."
We actually laughed about it, yay for black humour but I may go through with it someday.

And then let those who I can keep in contact with know. I wouldn't really rush to do anything per se, cept to give those who are living a chance to say goodbye and then hopefully die peacefully in my sleep?
Would be a preferred way to go.
(And yeah, I have thought about it on a serious note)

I don't see why you have to wait to be terminally ill or be at risk of your life before you think about dealing with death.
I kinda really do wanna put some money down for a coffin and a plot of land and just have it sorted to lessen the burden and cost of those who're living, when I went to the funeral shop last year and saw the prices, it's pretty dire stuff. :\
For a basic service, including the cheapest coffin and patch of land to be buried in, you're looking at £5,000 up ($9k or so) - almost like wanting to buy a new car, so yeah.. life insurance in important or you start making some down payments for it.
What was amusing was the puzzlement on the staff member's face when he found out that I wasn't dying and was in my 20's xD

But yeah, *shrugs* I just figure it's another aspect to manage independently in regards to yourself. Short of having a pair Shinigami eyes to know 'when', may as well prepare for the inevitable and enjoy and work through Life as much as you can in the meantime.
Time is precious.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 09:03   Link #7
xKeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
So, I probably would do some 'extreme' sports like thing if I were suddenly told to only have 24 hours remaining.
Heh,thats what I would do if I had 24 hours left.I never tried stuff like parachuting or bungee jumping but I want to,currently do not have the guts though.

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 10:19   Link #8
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Blaze of glory, baby, blaze of glory.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 10:37   Link #9
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I generally believe that thinking about how the last 24 hours of your life are going to be like is a waste of time to be perfectly honest. Nobody knows what's going to happen to you in your last moments. One can only hope and dream, but realistically speaking, the only way to make sure you will have a good death is by having a good life. That being said, I want to have a good life. Imho, a good life is one where there are people who care about you and love you because you loved and respected them, one where you've accomplished what you wanted out of life, which can be anything as long as you feel satisfied with yourself before anyone else can. A good life is one where your thoughts are clear in what they believe in. As long as you can acknowledge yourself, be satisfied with yourself and love yourself for the person you've become, then you can enjoy a good death. Life is short, so make the best out of the time you have.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 11:33   Link #10
Ending

Presuming that I will die to old age and will funny know that I won't be around much longer, I guess I would do whatever I had been doing before, taste all the good things, and then go to bed and sleep away. If I had family, I'd probably keep someone around so they could carry my corpse to a burial soon after.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 12:20   Link #11
Tyss
Amateur Manga Artist

If a person told me that I have only 24 hrs to live.... I probably wont believe that person,
he must be just some random doom preachers or whack job addict that just passed by.
In short dont believe on strangers.
XD
Old 2009-11-28, 12:27   Link #12
Oppius
Banned

What if I injected myself with cobra venom?

5 seconds:

AUWW!!! Man! That's hurt. even worse than my Tetanus shot.

10 minutes:

Maybe its better than I thought. My head somewhat start to feel much lighter.

30 minutes:

It's spinning. Of course this planet is spinning but I just felt it spinned much faster today.

1 hour:

It still spinning. I never thought my journey to the kitchen is this hard. Yeah even the water is spinning too. Drinking them don't help either.

2 hour:

My hands, I can't even hold anything. I just felt all my muscles shrunk down. I just can barely move.

4 hours:

Dammit! My legs are out too. All I can do is rolling but my head still spinning and I want to throw up. Damn there goes my shirt with my vomit and its green.

8 hours:

The world just getting darker but it just sun goes down but I also can't feel anything. What's happening to me, beside injected myself with cobra venom. Maybe I should wait for help or maybe this is just a beginning...

16 hours:

The world is so dark. I can't even open my eyes. I can't here anything either. Now I felt I was thrown into a large box and sealed. My heart is barely beating and my organs slowly stopped functioning. I think they just need some rest.

23 hours and 55 minutes after injection:

"Hi and my name is Azrael. I'm here to take your soul to the afterlife. Heaven or Hell that's a secret."

But I'm not ready yet to go there.

"Why you injected yourself with that cobra venom?"

I just want to see what effects it have to human body and plus I would be rich I managed to understand it.

"Unfortunately you forgot to take the antidote, in fact you don't have one. Now come with me, your days in Earth has finished."

NOOOOOO!!!
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 13:04   Link #13
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

I intend to spend the twilight of my life walking the Earth, in all seriousness. If I had the presence of mind and the self-awareness to detect that my time was coming, I'd spend that last day walking to the nearest beautiful place and just wander about that place, letting go of myself, my heart and mind full of everything and everyone I have ever loved, and collapse with a smile on my face.

Otherwise, I'd just hope I can have a really great conversation with someone I meet on the road that leaves their life a little better off when I'm gone.
Old 2009-11-28, 13:26   Link #14
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Death is never predictable, so what I would be doing the last 24 hours would be the same as ever
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 19:14   Link #15
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Probably looking for somewhere to sleep or sleeping on a bench somewhere in the time leading up to getting knifed for my shoes.

Problem is if I can't find a job soon this might actually happen. =|

Cori hate economy.
Old 2009-11-28, 19:42   Link #16
Cinocard

Looking at the clock.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 20:01   Link #17
SoulCorpse
WhO PuT BaKOn In My SoUP!

i have to at least once kill a panda.

In the begining their was Cupcake, and Cupcake was with Gir, and Cupcake was Gir. With out Cupcake everything that is would not be.
SoulCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 20:10   Link #18
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Go on a murder rampage if my body was able. I dunno. XD
Old 2009-11-29, 00:49   Link #19
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
I'd go on a Key-anime marathon (Kanon, AIR, Clannad), and cry to my heart's content.
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 02:08   Link #20
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
hmm..I'd spend it with my family and friends. I'm about to die..it's the last time they'll hear me shouting around..
I'll also eat lots and lots of cake, sweets and junk food.
katiemirmo is offline   Reply With Quote