AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-18, 01:57   Link #221
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

kyoani doing what kyoani does best lol, I remember the furor about the so-called pandering fanservice back in ep6 of kyoukai no kanata, but this time around the reactions are mostly positive

It was also revealed that moffle is of royal blood (maybe), moffle's sister is latifah's mother, making him the brother of the queen, the only way moffle wouldn't be of royal blood is if latifah's mother was a commoner and the king of maple land took her as a bride.

edit: forgot to claim the earth fairy lol
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 05:12   Link #222
Tenzen12

As long as he doesn't start eat chips, I am ok with it
Old 2014-10-18, 06:09   Link #223
Dahak86
Classics never age

NSFW
brilliant service indeed
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Scratch the park, Kanie should just open a nightclub. The girls are already there and willing, afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Gathered shitload of gifs from 2ch
Images
And thanks to that, amaburi was able to make quite a jump in terms of post count. Even surpassing RapeAnge @2ch for now.
Old 2014-10-18, 06:41   Link #224
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Does anyone know if the fanservice was actually in the LN and not just Kyoani pandering?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 06:48   Link #225
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Does anyone know if the fanservice was actually in the LN and not just Kyoani pandering?
What made you say that?

No, seriously, that made no sense. I could answer your question, but I am more puzzled by why you would even ask this. For what purpose do you even claim they were "pandering"?
Old 2014-10-18, 06:53   Link #226
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
What made you say that?

No, seriously, that made no sense. I could answer your question, but I am more puzzled by why you would even ask this. For what purpose do you even claim they were "pandering"?
Because if its not in the LN than they deliberately put in a needless scene so that it fulfills a desire.

I'm in the 100% follow original source group. Always have been, always will.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 07:05   Link #227
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Because if its not in the LN than they deliberately put in a needless scene so that it fulfills a desire.

I'm in the 100% follow original source group. Always have been, always will.
Well you should be aware that Gatoh is the one doing the re-writes. If anything the anime is likely to replace the novel as the actual canon.

Also, Gatoh is the one who wants to increase the fanservice. He stated in book 3 that he had been trying to force KyoAni to give Sento tit-bounce, but sadly it appears he lost that argument.

And finally, yes. That swimsuit advert was in the novels. The novels had issues as Latfah had no business being there, as she was blind and don't really understand what she was doing. And in general it made Kayne look like a villain. Keeping Latifah's eyes functional in the anime (so far) made it more believable that Kayne would have asked her to participate.
Old 2014-10-18, 07:15   Link #228
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The story of ABP is ALL about fanservice and entertainment in particular. Ironically, it will turn off some people due to this term called "pandering", but this happens in real life, and it's much worse on this side of the fourth wall.

Especially the part where Sento doesn't exist here. ;_;
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 07:20   Link #229
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
edit: forgot to claim the earth fairy lol
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!.....

all of the fairies are good but i like the earth most but of all the girls. the princess is the best

episode 3 is nice. i also like the attitude of kayne. 1001 is better than 1000 good words.

Is Gatoh the author? is he the one one write the scripts? i remember they also change 12 days?(not sure) into 3 months. but 3 months is much more realistic than 2 weeks.
Old 2014-10-18, 09:13   Link #230
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

all of the fairies are good but i like the earth most but of all the girls. the princess is the best
We haven't seen much of her but I like how quiet she is compared to the other girls, it's also interesting that they fit what they're supposed to represent..

the air fairy is an airhead
the fire fairy is always fired up about her posts
the earth fairy is always down to earth
and the water fairy is kind of the most balanced of them all, so I guess you can call her.. fluid?

I guessing kanye making latifah go out of the castle will have a bad effect on her, by making her blind I guess, I hope it doesn't turn out to be that bad.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 09:15   Link #231
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:

episode 3 is nice. i also like the attitude of kayne. 1001 is better than 1000 good words.

Is Gatoh the author? is he the one one write the scripts? i remember they also change 12 days?(not sure) into 3 months. but 3 months is much more realistic than 2 weeks.
Yep, He is the author of LN. He is also the author of Full Metal Panic.
Old 2014-10-18, 09:58   Link #232
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
The fanservice has been severely toned down from the original material. This was already apparent from the first episode when they removed most of the perverted stuff (the bathroom scene for one, wasn't that brief...)

I can visualise the "debate" between Gatoh and Takemoto now...

Gatoh: "More ecchi! Follow the source material!"
Takemoto: "No! You'll ruin us all!"

Heh.
Old 2014-10-18, 10:41   Link #233
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Yep, He is the author of LN. He is also the author of Full Metal Panic.
gatoh is also the author of FMP? i didn't know even if I followed the ln and manga

no wonder there is bonta-kun here.
Old 2014-10-18, 11:44   Link #234
Dahak86
Classics never age

Images
that scene still going strong
Old 2014-10-18, 13:12   Link #235
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The fanservice has been severely toned down from the original material. This was already apparent from the first episode when they removed most of the perverted stuff (the bathroom scene for one, wasn't that brief...)

Heh.
Damn it KyoAni, just give Gatoh what he wants and save anime again. In Gatoh we Trust!
Old 2014-10-18, 13:17   Link #236
bakato

I really like the triceratops.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 15:47   Link #237
Darthtabby

Quote:
gatoh is also the author of FMP? i didn't know even if I followed the ln and manga

no wonder there is bonta-kun here.
Gatoh is the author of the novels for Full Metal Panic, Amagi Brilliant Park, and some series called Cop Craft: Dragnet Mirage Reloaded which its difficult to find very much information on (aside from the fact that its illustrated by artist Range Murata, most famous in the western fandom as the concept artist for Last Exile).

He was also the lead writer on the anime adaptations of Tower of Druaga (based on an arcade game) and Hyouka (based on another writer's novel). The second one there is a rather drastic shift in tone from FMP.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 17:09   Link #238
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Heh.
That's not what I wanted to hear. You're ruining my narrative that Gatoh is responsible for everything good and Kyoani is, and will be responsible for everything bad about this anime adaptation because Kyoani is an creatively bankrupt studio that only knows how to pander to the lowest denominator and would force their animators to draw naked women even though they obviously don't want to do it and would rather stay loyal to the source material, which is the ultimate canon written by Gatoh who can do no wrong because he created my favorite anime FMP along with "Kyoani from the good ol' days".
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 17:14   Link #239
Pablete
Banned

In Gatoh we trust, fuck off Kyoani D:<
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 17:30   Link #240
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I bet Gatoh cries in his bed everyday wondering where he had gone wrong and why wont Kyoani hand over the rights for FMP to another studio.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance