AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-17, 20:04   Link #2481
iceyfw

anyone else having having longer fights on gran pulse than on cocoon? the fights last longer for me even if they arent minibosses.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 21:00   Link #2482
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
anyone else having having longer fights on gran pulse than on cocoon? the fights last longer for me even if they arent minibosses.
i honestly want to go back in time and tell my self to just run past them all. you get No Exp from killing them. but items i guess.
Old 2010-03-17, 21:10   Link #2483
McMilk
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Now when did I say she was a bad Character? except that i said she seems like a cloud clone (or maybe squall)
So... it's okay for guys to be a "Cloud/Squall", and it's not okay for girls to be a "Cloud/Squall"? I think most people know that Nomura was asked by Toriyama to design a "female version of Cloud Strife", you know, not the typical girly-girl you see in the FF series. So I guess you just don't like her because she's so damn masculine
Old 2010-03-17, 21:59   Link #2484
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Too bad she doesn't get any romance in this game

I always like to see characters like her fall in love. I was rooting for Sazh, before the game was out, then I realized how little interaction these two have.

Fucking Hope gets all her attention. Bad boy....oh bad boy.....
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 04:37   Link #2485
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Too bad she doesn't get any romance in this game

I always like to see characters like her fall in love. I was rooting for Sazh, before the game was out, then I realized how little interaction these two have.

Fucking Hope gets all her attention. Bad boy....oh bad boy.....
If you want Lightning romance, go check out all the fanart pieces for Lightning x Hope.
Old 2010-03-18, 07:11   Link #2486
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilk View Post
So... it's okay for guys to be a "Cloud/Squall", and it's not okay for girls to be a "Cloud/Squall"? I think most people know that Nomura was asked by Toriyama to design a "female version of Cloud Strife", you know, not the typical girly-girl you see in the FF series. So I guess you just don't like her because she's so damn masculine
its not ok for anyone to be a clone of a popular character. and I think you should read my posts a little more clearly. I <3 tough girls > girly-girl girls. tho I don't like mean people like Lightning seems to be in the start. But better she be like that than girly like Litenna or w,e

and Toriyama is a idiot for telling them to make her after a over popular character such as Cloud. a clone is a Exact copy of another. now if they were to change some things it would be fine. but so far all they changed was gender and a pissy additude. but atleast they didnt give her Double D cups like Tifa or Lulu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If you want Lightning romance, go check out all the fanart pieces for Lightning x Hope.
screw that, Ezeh x lightning ftw .............. XD that would be pretty awkward.
Old 2010-03-18, 20:33   Link #2487
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
. but atleast they didnt give her Double D cups like Tifa or Lulu.
Lulu was a whack job. Tifa however was simply due to the graphics limitations. Due to low polygons, either she had to be a pettanko or have balloons.

The advent children/dead fantasy Tifa is appropriately sized (still a bit stacked but what the hell...is there something so wrong with that?)

I wish I had a PS3 so I could play FFXIII right now >.<...I wonder if it ranks up there with VII and X as a blowout spectacular as all firsts for a new PS are.
Old 2010-03-18, 21:10   Link #2488
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

True~ tifa was much better in Advent Children lol. I didnt know how short lightnings short shorts.
Old 2010-03-18, 21:11   Link #2489
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Lightning x Hope FTW ! I guess I become a shotacon after Palumpolum >_>;
Quote:
Gladius: 175 / 88 / --- / Uraninite / 33,000.
What is this...Uraninite ? Is that the catalyst item that for some reasons I can't do anything with them except by selling it at the beginning of the game ? I can't believe I'm in chapter 9..or 10(?) right now, but none of my weapons has reached 'star' level just yet

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 23:15   Link #2490
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For some reason, I'm REALLY liking the linearity of FF13. Not necessarily better or worse than non-linear games, just entirely different (and quite rare might I add, as they don't much games like these anymore). For once, I don't have to worry about searching every nook and cranny for secret passages or treasure chests; you can get all obtainable items pretty easily just by playing normally. I mean, I like the good old dungeon search of yore, but sometimes you want a break from it.

As for characters....

<3<3<3 Serah <3<3<3
God, she's so fucking moe, especially with Laura Bailey voicing her.

Sadly, the rest of the cast was pretty bland. Only one that was interesting was Sazh, unfortunately.

Plot so far is ho-hum. Good thing though that the battle system rocks barring the first chapter of play. If there's any downside to the system, it would be the rating after each battle. Me being me, I love getting 5 stars as much as possible, but this sometimes usually ends up with me being too aggressive and dying as a result lol. Stupid ratings don't favour battles of attrition, which is usually my strategy of choice in rpgs lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 02:20   Link #2491
McMilk
*Artist

Quote:
its not ok for anyone to be a clone of a popular character. and I think you should read my posts a little more clearly. I <3 tough girls > girly-girl girls. tho I don't like mean people like Lightning seems to be in the start. But better she be like that than girly like Litenna or w,e

and Toriyama is a idiot for telling them to make her after a over popular character such as Cloud. a clone is a Exact copy of another. now if they were to change some things it would be fine. but so far all they changed was gender and a pissy additude. but atleast they didnt give her Double D cups like Tifa or Lulu.
Yes... I tried to go back and read your posts, but they're all pretty much Lightning-trashing posts. Not trying to defend her or anything, but the only similarities I see between Light and Cloud are that they both are former-soldiers, and both are the main characters. Yes, Cloud does have a "pissy-attitude", and Lightning does, too, at first, but she starts to show her compassionate and fragile side very early on in the game.

The character design to make her a female version of Cloud was a suggestion. Lightning is Lightning, Cloud is Cloud. Actually, if nobody ever said that her character design was based on a female version of Cloud, you'd probably be hating less.
Old 2010-03-19, 04:16   Link #2492
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& wow, there's so much adorable fanart of Lightning x Hope.
The scary thing is: I'm not surprised.
And even more scary: I'm not even disgusted! I should be!
But the scenes with them made me go awww all the time, even so the sexual innuendo escapes me there...

Quote:
I just thing she's a bit of a bitch, so far
With bitch slaps to boot!
I found her bitchiness rather amusing, specially since she softens up so quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
7. How much percentage of Versus XIII is done so far?
Nomura: Not everything is connected yet; each part of the game is progressing differently. Oh, but we got the airship to fly on the World Map now.
Senseless cruisin' over the map FTW! It's supposed to be in the same world right? I really wonder how it's supposed to fit with the story/setting of XIII. I also hope the main character will be more interesting then he seems to be from the trailers uptil know.

Hmm, I gotta say, I'm really content with Lightning as the leading Lady. She's strong, but not cold hearted and she has aggressive jobs. Just my taste. I'm a rather offensive player. And I love that she has a cape. I love it when characters have something whirling after them XD Like Kain with his little scarf in the DS version.
Lightning is already in my top list of females from FFs. She entertains me greatly. But well, not everyone has the same taste~
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 04:34   Link #2493
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Sometimes I wish Lightning would just turn into a crystal.

So i could keep her forever.

....says my friend...Bob.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 05:38   Link #2494
evil-samurai

Bought the game a couple of days ago and so far (Around 6 Hours in) it doesn't disappoint. I've read quite a few negative things about the game. Some people sure are picky, apart from having a little more control of the characters you control when you go into battle, everything has been awesome. Still even with that, the main character changes alot so it doesn't get put down as a negative. Just a different way they planned it out.

Not bothered at all about the liner aspect of the game. The Cut scenes still look wonderful despite having the xbox version. Another plus for the game is the Voice acting while Vanille voice is a little different.. I still don't mind it, Sazh Voice.. I love it. Still I wouldn't mind playing the game with the Japanese track. If they ever end up releasing it somehow.

No complaints about the characters, its nice to see a varied cast. Lightning has been a great lead, She is not shy on taking action xD also Sazh & hope have been Great and the same with the rest of the cast.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 06:43   Link #2495
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
The scary thing is: I'm not surprised.
And even more scary: I'm not even disgusted! I should be!
But the scenes with them made me go awww all the time, even so the sexual innuendo escapes me there...
Join me to the darkside, Zebra-kun ;_;
So I tried to browse Pixiv for a while to search for Hope x Lightning. I must say that all of them are cute >3 you guys should see it too ! Aaah ~ I guess they've become my newest OTP ;_; They're just so cute >3

a-anyway ! I'm not here to talk about them at all ! Yes ! It's not like I want to talk about them ! uu-...never mind ! ;_; I guess they're so cute that they broke my mind @_@

I've reached chapter 11 now. After concetrating at the game since the morning, beating the primach and stuffs...at last I've reached it ! Gran Pulse !
....Now I wonder what should I do now ? @_@ I heard we can grind money fast in here..but I don't see how I can do it at the moment. The monsters are hell when I'm not careful at choosing them. Can anyone help me ?

I tried to kill King Behemoth, but it always killed me with Sunder..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 09:02   Link #2496
leodamine
Divine Akuma

@Flyvedelta. I just go there too and I found a few things that may help. First, I would say continue with the stories till you make it to mabayasha. (or whatever it's called. The place marked on your map) In there you'll find that the enemies are fairly weak and can be taken down with just Relentless Assault and thundara/thundaga spamming. I get like 3200cp per battle and running through the place to the hidden juggernaut boss and back gives me tons of CP. I did that till my guys were up to snuff on their important stuff. Also, handy tip, once you make it to the hidden juggernaut boss, find him, hit retry, then all the enemies respawn.
Old 2010-03-19, 11:32   Link #2497
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I've reached chapter 11 now. After concetrating at the game since the morning, beating the primach and stuffs...at last I've reached it ! Gran Pulse !
....Now I wonder what should I do now ? @_@ I heard we can grind money fast in here..but I don't see how I can do it at the moment. The monsters are hell when I'm not careful at choosing them. Can anyone help me ?

I tried to kill King Behemoth, but it always killed me with Sunder
i'm pretty much stuck in chapter 11 intentionally grinding CP and farming for upgrades and as for the king behemoth, if you're trying to grind for CP i'd you suggest that you go to the northwest corner of the huge field and right by the save point you'll see a king behemoth and a another huge dog monster (forgot the name) killing each other and don't worry they won't attack you as you get close to them because I'm 100% sure of the time that you'll get a pre-emptive strike and get approximately 6600 CP each battle.

For strategy against these two monsters, I'd use Lightning/Sazh/Vanille for party and for roles: use lightning (COM)/Sazh (SYN)/Vanille (RAV) until you stagger king behemoth (you always end up attacking him first... don't ask why...), then COM/RAV/SAB to debuff it if possible (get belladonna wand? rod? for vanille to increase the chance of debuffing someone), then switch to COM/COM/RAV or COM/RAV/RAV to aim for the kill and then rinse and repeat to the other monster, btw don't forget MED/COM/MED or whatever you prefer for healing roles and i guess that's that?
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 18:19   Link #2498
Nikkan

I'm also around 7 hours in, so far my impression is so-so. I get easily tired of the linear "run-fight-run-scene-new chapter-run-fight-run-scene-new chapter" over and over again.

I like most of the characters, Hope is annoying and Snow has no brain. Lightning ends up as a cute tsundere and I love Sazh voice actor. Vanille is classic genki-girl with dark past and Fang is the overprotective big-sis.

Great game so far!
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 19:22   Link #2499
Fevvers
a regular van veen

I'm in chapter 7 for now and despite its linearity (which is in context with the plot since the characters are on the run after all) I've been having a blast playing. I love the battle system; I consider it the tweaked and smoother version of Xenosaga 2's Break System.

Dialogue is another thing entirely though, cheesy, cheesy lines half the time, especially when scenes focus on Snow and Serah. I'm hoping Snow gets pulled down a peg or two from whatever pedestal he's standing on because RLY being a hero just doesn't cut it. *shudders* And Serah, well, terribly bland so far, not to mention she looks utterly ridiculous as if a mere breeze would blow her away.

Hope, Lightning and Sazh, on the other hand, have been getting the much better written development (except when Lightning spouts off the 'don't lose hope' line which is just awkward). Vanille I don't mind so much, if only because Sazh seems to look at her as if she was retarded or something.

Though the writing has been awkward and overly dramatic in some parts, the gameplay and music have been awesome. Would love to play more, soon.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 21:34   Link #2500
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Join me to the darkside, Zebra-kun ;_;
So I tried to browse Pixiv for a while to search for Hope x Lightning. I must say that all of them are cute >3 you guys should see it too ! Aaah ~ I guess they've become my newest OTP ;_; They're just so cute >3
Noooooooooooo! D: I won't! They're awesome together, but not that way XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevvers View Post
Though the writing has been awkward and overly dramatic in some parts, the gameplay and music have been awesome. Would love to play more, soon.
Spoiler for chapter 7:

I have to agree sadly. I like that they focused so much on the characters and their interactions .. but sometimes it seems as too much too fast. The characters opening up and reminisciting over their past can be justified by their circumstances, but still. The dialogues seemed a little off often.
It felt too fast for me, but oh well. Sometimes less is more. The pacing wasn't optimal imo.

Over 20h in now and now the dialogues seem more natural .. still some cheeziness, but at least people have actually bonded.
I just landed on GRAND PULSE, TOO! Wohoo! QUit right there, because it was too late, but the cutscene was just - WOW :O
I really loved chapter 10. The dungeoun was cool, the fights were awesome and woa the story.

Spoiler for bosses chapter 10:

Funny thing is .. I can list a lot of things that I don't really like about this game, but I still love it. It's immensely fun and I can accept the choices they made while designing this game. The characters are awesome .. even so I find Fangs appeareance odd. He voice is pretty cool, though. For a moment I thought it was Claudia Black (VA of Chloe in Uncharted 2 for example).
I like the whole voice cast ... but Vanille still is too high pitched for me <_<;
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360