AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-02-10, 06:21   Link #3861
Lancelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
darn. just finished volume 7 and it blow everything away. at first, I was disappointed because people liked it but its pretty ordinary, going to movie, outing and even koenji scene.

but.

chapter 4 and 5 is special.

the scene in the rooftop is powerful. super powerful. the emotions ate there.

and the planning in planing in chapter 5? ugh. it's shows kiyopon is indeed akumapapa's son. his even watching his watch.

though I wonder in where did akumanokouji said that he won't do it to kei. it feels he still treats her as a pawn here.

then the epilogue. ugh. ryuuen is cornered. he is already marked as a pawn for the future.

going for 7.5 next.

edit:

arrow of love is fun by the next chapter is the meeting with kiyotaka and sakagami. it looks like the little girl is easy to provoke? or manipulate. she also drop hints of what white room is in this chapter but the thing the interest me most is about ichinose. ichinose being the same as masumi? and how many troubles will ichinose go into since volv 7.5 to 10? I know pretty boy is targeting her in vol 10 and also that kiyopon had already beaten him twice? or maybe tried with volume 10? I also read a spoiler than volume 8, he would be able to beat manabu but what interest me most is ichinose.

I also notice that since volume 5. kiyopon had only few scenes now with horikita.
Ayanokouji beat Nagumo twice because he already prevented Nagumo from getting what he wanted 2 times.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-10, 08:50   Link #3862
tsunade666

I just finished volume 7.5 and its a sweet volume.

There are 2 highlights for me. The 3 way meeting with akumanokouji, dragon boy at horikita-nii-san. The topic is Nagumo being problem boy but I still can't see him as a threat yet with him not directly involved but from the meeting in the mall, his the arrogant one that didn't care to also use "violence" when he measure kyuubeynokouji's strength. he is also blond which reminds me of gil-kun but at least gil-kun can nuke the enemy, and so far. Nagumo isn't scary. That's my impression of him. even if he expelled those he doesn't like. Ankokunokouji is the same in that aspect that he plans to expell kikyo-chan.

The second highlight and my favorite is the walk in the snow park/walkway/pathway between those 2 love birds. Also the arrow of love had backfired and hit her heart pretty straight and it can't be pulled off. Super sweet and heartwarming. I loved it.

The other minor highlight is the date and ibuki's minor scuffle, Airi's courage to give a gift and kiyopon not being dense, and also the meeting with dragon boy and little girl but I'm more interested in the above two.

Next is vol 8. The volume where Horikita-niisan lost and in his monologue. This is also his starting point. I don't know if his dense or probably didn't care but he probably has tachibana with him for 3 years.

Ugh. I'm burning my reading material fast. This is the last volume that is fully translated.
Old 2019-02-10, 09:20   Link #3863
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
The other minor highlight is the date and ibuki's minor scuffle, Airi's courage to give a gift and
Quote:
kiyopon not being dense
, and also the meeting with dragon boy and little girl but I'm more interested in the above two.
That's one of the reasons why this MC is so superior to the vast majority of others in this industry.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-10, 10:48   Link #3864
tsunade666

he also clearly rejected satou in vol 7.5

not being indecisive moron or just baiting the readers.
Old 2019-02-10, 13:05   Link #3865
LG-MAX 2.o

You can also add to the list that he would reject Sakura (if she dares to confess), Horikita and Kushida.
Old 2019-02-10, 13:20   Link #3866
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
You can also add to the list that he would reject Sakura (if she dares to confess), Horikita and Kushida.
He would reject anyone at present because currently romance doesn’t matter to him
Old 2019-02-10, 17:31   Link #3867
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
He would reject anyone at present because currently romance doesn’t matter to him
current true. but his interested and like what he said, if satou confessed before the relay. he might have answered yes. by he has to much on his plate currently.

EDIT: Reading volume 8. Now I understand the T-rex comment and Arisu the little girl.

EDIT: As expected. Kiyopon already knew. Nagumo.... I can't say yet on what to expect him because he has lots of points but its fun to see him goes shock. Vol 8... I can't say much about the volume. Pretty weak? for me. Because Akumanokouji didn't do anything but at least the last part where Ankokunokouji promised that he would do anything to not get Kei expelled is nice. There goes my OTP >_<

As for Nagumo..... his the same as Suzune but more mature. Right now, Suzune is annoying. She picked Kushida over Kyuubeykouji. She is the same to Nagumo that they both won't let anyone on their class be expelled but I wonder. In vol 10, someone got expelled in class C right? I stopped reading too much detailed spoilers and summary because I'm currently reading the book but now, maybe after reading vol 9.

EDIT: Finally up to the on the story. I've stopped reading in vol 8 and just hunted down the SS for all volumes up to vol 8. I'll wait for full translation on vol 9 and 10 but I had read the summaries.

And my verdict or final conclusion to the story is probably the same as the other theories that I have read. To make Anokunokouji HUMAN.

But I'll also add that, theorize or posted it here, sure they posted a name and all but my conclusion to the story is probably this. The girls vs Akumanokouji.

I just want to see it happen.

he wants to be beaten because it would prove his father is wrong and thanks to cinammon interpretation that he hates what's his doing. Being overly observant. I agree on there. If he wants to live a normal life then live a normal life and not be always in alert for possible trouble. That ingrained habit that where cultured from birth, to childhood and to adolescences. It needed to be stopped. Having human feelings and woman touch would help but I just want to picture this.

People that he gathered and "treated" as a pawn. Banded together to take him down. To prove to him, that he is human.

I want to see the girls face when they finally knew who he is. What he is. What his pass is and ultimately say.

"No, your human"

ughh diabetes cliche. vomits away.

EDIT:
Rereading vol 10 summaries is kinda hard in timeline wise. I'm confused on when is the date where Honami call Bastard for the deal. There is a deadline there that is pressuring Honami to agree. When did this happen and when did the agreement with Class D happen? Did Honami agreed and received the 4 million needed? I was confused on the chronology of the event. It would be easier if its translated but the order was lose to me when reading the summaries.

EDIT:
Correct me if I'm wrong. Rereading it again. and again. Bastard pressure Honami to accept and the deadline is 3 hours. But later on, Ankokunokouji calls her to meet him in his room. And that is 2 hours before midnight. The meeting happen and the dealings happen and it happened before the actual agreement with Bastard which is why the agreement with Bastard was ignored. So far, bastard hasn't shown any retaliation yet or reaction. From what I gather. But he will eventually. Probably in 2nd year with the replacement of Sakayanagi papa.

Next arc is final exam for 1st year and it will be the first and final battle with Arisu and will probably the time for Arisu to join forces with 50%. I can imagine a possible connection of 2nd year vs 3rd year. With 3rd year Bastard as acting leader and in 2nd year with Arisu class A, Ichinose class B, Horikita class C and Hiyori as class D. And the one that connects those girls are haremnotindenailkouji-kun. His using his pawns right. Kei would probably be his messenger.

Bastard manage to connect the whole year with him being the central figure but Kyuubeykouji is just shadowing behind the scenes while the girls, the leader of the class, being the front.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2019-02-11 at 22:01.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-12, 13:28   Link #3868
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I'm reading the official Youkoso Jitsuryoku translation (volume 1) and I can't help but be reminded of all normal Ayanokoji's narration is compared to how he is in latter volumes. If it wasn't for future knowledge and subtle hints here and there I would've been convinced that he's your everyday average rom com MC. It actually felt natural how he gushes over how cute and nice Kushida is like a lovestruck schoolboy or how he worried about how he's going to make friends or how he pretends to be scared of Horikita's threats as if he's just your poor average school boy getting bullied by the local tsundere. The author did a really good job at masking how fucked up and far away from "average" Ayanokoji actually is.

In line with that topic another thing worth talking about is, I can't help but feel that Ayanokoji suffered a form of character degradation as the volumes went on in the sense that circumstances forced him to step away from trying to be normal which was his biggest wish. In hindsight it was really clear from volume 1 that Ayanokoji was trying to move on from his "winning is all that matters" and "everyone is just tools for me to use" mindset. The fact that he was genuinely trying to make friends with Ike and Yamauchi despite how useless those two were is actually endearing in a weird way since you can see how hard he's trying to appear normal. It also makes it sorta sad that their relationship fell apart after volume 5 even if those two were dipshits.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-12, 13:37   Link #3869
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
I'm reading the official Youkoso Jitsuryoku translation (volume 1) and I can't help but be reminded of all normal Ayanokoji's narration is compared to how he is in latter volumes. If it wasn't for future knowledge and subtle hints here and there I would've been convinced that he's your everyday average rom com MC. It actually felt natural how he gushes over how cute and nice Kushida is like a lovestruck schoolboy or how he worried about how he's going to make friends or how he pretends to be scared of Horikita's threats as if he's just your poor average school boy getting bullied by the local tsundere. The author did a really good job at masking how fucked up and far away from "average" Ayanokoji actually is.

In line with that topic another thing worth talking about is, I can't help but feel that Ayanokoji suffered a form of character degradation as the volumes went on in the sense that circumstances forced him to step away from trying to be normal which was his biggest wish. In hindsight it was really clear from volume 1 that Ayanokoji was trying to move on from his "winning is all that matters" and "everyone is just tools for me to use" mindset. The fact that he was genuinely trying to make friends with Ike and Yamauchi despite how useless those two were is actually endearing in a weird way since you can see how hard he's trying to appear normal. It also makes it sorta sad that their relationship fell apart after volume 5 even if those two were dipshits.
Yeah, so the vol 4 where he reveals his true nature is so shocking.

Quote:
As for Nagumo..... his the same as Suzune but more mature. Right now, Suzune is annoying. She picked Kushida over Kyuubeykouji. She is the same to Nagumo that they both won't let anyone on their class be expelled but I wonder. In vol 10, someone got expelled in class C right? I stopped reading too much detailed spoilers and summary because I'm currently reading the book but now, maybe after reading vol 9.
Was not it Manabu?

About the bastard, I believe he can even confront 50% in the next volume, like go directly into his class and say loudly for everyone to hear that he knows that it was he who spread the rumors in vol 9 and that he served as bridge for the agreement between Class B and D. And in the end challenge Ayanokouji.

As Nagumo loves to show how strong and powerful he is, I think doing that would be possible.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2019-02-12 at 13:48.
Old 2019-02-12, 13:55   Link #3870
Log

Quote:
Yeah, so the vol 4 where he reveals his true nature is so shocking.
I think the end of volume 3 where he admitted that he saw people as nothing but tools was the turning point. Since then his narration as shifted into a more confident, calm, analytical style as opposed to his somewhat nervous, scattered style he had before.

On a different I laughed when Sae-sensei stated that, "extorting money from other's is not allowed" and "the school monitors bullying very carefully" during the first day of class. You know she was lying out of her teeth when she said that given that she also went through this school and there was without a doubt students like Ryuen who subscribe to using violence and bullying to get their way back when she was a student. It becomes even more funnier when you realize that in the future she personally witnesses Ryuen and co bully Kei and then Ayanokoji beating the shit out of Ryuen and co. Really top class monitoring lol.
Old 2019-02-12, 18:34   Link #3871
LG-MAX 2.o

the behavior of Ayanokouji is really strange compared to the first volumes compared to the 4 onwards.

Initially you think that the author had regretted creating a "generic" character and then decided to change, but then you remember that there were moments in those two volumes where he shows a cold and calculating mentality, as in volume 1 when he gets the tests old and threatens his senpai, or in volume 2, as Cinammon said that there was a time where he says that if he wants, no one would be more dangerous than him.

I think in the end, that was him just trying to be normal and adapting to the new reality, and when he was forced to do something darker, (when Chabashira threatens him), he gradually became as he was.
Old 2019-02-12, 18:47   Link #3872
choreprince

I believe that initially the author didn't exactly know where he wanted to take this series and so that's why you see subtle differences at the start and until present. I believe the author even said himself that he didn't plan on working this series as long as he has but it became so popular that he stuck with it. So that's why we see those changes. It happens a lot you start something new and then different ideas come along the way and so you make changes adjustingly.
choreprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-12, 19:00   Link #3873
GPMS

Quote:
I think in the end, that was him just trying to be normal and adapting to the new reality, and when he was forced to do something darker, (when Chabashira threatens him), he gradually became as he was.
I think it's the presence of his father that changed his atitude. He only started behaving mercilessly when Chabashira used his father to threaten him.
EDIT: Chabashira alone wouldn't be able to do this on her own as we see on volume 7
GPMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 05:44   Link #3874
Log

I was going over the volumes to found more info on the White Room and I noticed a discrepancy between how Ayanokoji's father described the White Room and how Ayanokoji and Sakayanagi see the White Room. Sakayanagi see's the White Room as some sort of crutch for ordinary people to rely on to bridge the gap between them and "natural geniuses". The reason why she's so obsessed with defeating Ayanokoji is also to prove that "no amount of hard work can defeat true genius". Ayanokoji also internally agrees with her by stating this:

Quote:
I won't deny that. As a matter of fact, my father's conviction is indeed just that. That whether or not you have superior genetics does not matter. By having one undergo thorough education from the moment of their birth, from the amount of time allocated to sleep even to what you're allowed to eat. By regulating each and every single last one of them, a perfect human is sculpted. That this method is the only way to give rise to superior talent that will support Japan. My father believed in that.
However Ayanokoji and his father's conversation shows that he believes the opposite.

Quote:
"The White Room has been restarted. This time, it will be perfect. I have also made preparations to make up for lost time."

"In that case you should have several successors who will succeed your will. Why bother with me?"

"Certainly, it is as you say, but there is nobody with the same talent as you yet."

"You cannot lie even to your children, is what you want to say?"

"You think such a worthless lie would reverberate with you?"
Here Ayanokoji's father acknowledges Ayanokoji's talent and basically states that no one else is as talented as him. This contradicts the whole "whether or not you have superior genetics does no matter" part. Talent is formed by a combination of genetics and hard work. Ayanokoji's father can't just go and make another Ayanokoji proves that's true. Otherwise the "White Room" should've had no failures given that everyone went thru the same education from birth. If genetics doesn't matter and the only thing that matters is education then there's no way Ayanokoji was the only success right? At the very least Ayanokoji being the only success of the White Room is actually indicative that the White Room does require some form of "genius" in order to get thru it otherwise there would be more successes. I can't help but think that Ayanokoji's father went into the "White Room" experiment with the intention of proving that genetics doesn't matter and the only thing that matters is education and came out of it convinced otherwise upon seeing that Ayanokoji was his only success.

Furthermore there's this:

Quote:
"Lowlifes? That’s not true. This is a place where I can find out whether people are equal or not. It’s a pretty interesting policy I think."

"So you think even worthless people can grow up to stand in the same ring as geniuses?"

"That’s my wish."

"How much are you going to stray away from my policies?"

"We should end this conversation, you know this won’t go anywhere."
Ayanokoji's father clearly differentiates between "worthless people" and geniuses" and implies that worthless people will never "grow up to stand in the same ring as geniuses". Doesn't sound like the thoughts of someone who thinks "whether or not you have superior genetics does not matter". The fact that he looks at the Advanced Nurturing School with such disdain despite it being a school where even people born with poor genetics can contribute and improve also is a implication of his thoughts on the matter.

With all that said the point I'm trying to make is, there might be a fundamental misunderstanding that Sakayanagi and Ayanokoji has about the White Room. Sakayanagi only looked at the room as a child and her thoughts might be biased. Ayanokoji already lacks common sense and he's a unreliable narrator. Until specific details of the education in the White Room has been revealed their evaluation of the White Room is unreliable and potentially misleading.
Old 2019-02-13, 06:23   Link #3875
tsunade666

Talent to absorb all knowledge is still a talent? maybe Akumanokouji is not natural born genius but he is talented enough to absorb all knowledge provided by white room.

My problem with white room is what kind of education did they focus? from what I understand, it thought wisdom beyond ages, martial arts and self defense, and also abundant of knowledge. But its all probably limited inside the room because Kiyopon lacks experience in dealing outdoor.

If you ask me, if they are planning to make perfect human then that perfect being should be able to coup in all situations. But in vol 3 and 8. Ayopon is in dismay for his disadvantage in such situation. his in an indoor type.

They researchers should also prefers such environment to counter act it.

Akumapapa's treatment to others, from what I understand from what Ayopon describe him. Akumapapa always belief his right. And probably. others that doesn't receive/follow his teachings are trash. it also includes those who doesn't receive special program of his.

Btw. Akumapapa is somewhat of a politician? He is also preparing Kiyopon for his comeback. Did Akumapapa lose the election? he probably run for a position but got beaten. His research institute is also probably been questioned and was stopped which what give Kiyopon the time to escape.

Also, what is Kiyopon been doing before going to school? Akumapapa said that his been gone for 1 and half year and its also been only a year since the school starts.

A blank of half a year on what his been doing.
Old 2019-02-13, 06:49   Link #3876
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Talent to absorb all knowledge is still a talent? maybe Akumanokouji is not natural born genius but he is talented enough to absorb all knowledge provided by white room.
From what is revealed about the White Room, it's not just intelligence you need but rather the right personality and tenacity. Also I have my doubts on whether or not Ayanokoji is a genius or not. At the very least his ability to learn, retain and memorize information isn't something that can be taught.

Quote:
My problem with white room is what kind of education did they focus? from what I understand, it thought wisdom beyond ages, martial arts and self defense, and also abundant of knowledge. But its all probably limited inside the room because Kiyopon lacks experience in dealing outdoor.

If you ask me, if they are planning to make perfect human then that perfect being should be able to coup in all situations. But in vol 3 and 8. Ayopon is in dismay for his disadvantage in such situation. his in an indoor type.

They researchers should also prefers such environment to counter act it.
The thing about volume 3 and 8 is that Ayanokoji wasn't taking the exams seriously. In volume 3 he didn't want to stand out and in volume 8 he didn't really care about moving up to a higher class so he was ok as long as they weren't last. Likely, if he actually tried to learn how to camp outdoors he can and very easily too.

IMO his one true weakness in his White Room education is his lack of social and leadership skills. He has issues inspiring people unless he's manipulating them. It also makes it difficult for him to control a large group of people in the way Hirata or Ichinose can.

Quote:
Akumapapa's treatment to others, from what I understand from what Ayopon describe him. Akumapapa always belief his right. And probably. others that doesn't receive/follow his teachings are trash. it also includes those who doesn't receive special program of his.
Ayanokoji's dad seems to respect Sakayanagi dad enough, a least to behave somewhat courteously, so at the very least he should respect those who have ability. It's hard to say since we don't know enough about his personality tho.

Quote:
Btw. Akumapapa is somewhat of a politician? He is also preparing Kiyopon for his comeback. Did Akumapapa lose the election? he probably run for a position but got beaten. His research institute is also probably been questioned and was stopped which what give Kiyopon the time to escape.
It's implied that he's a politician yes. Ayanokoji also "joked" with Horikita that he wanted to become prime minister so it's safe to say that his father intends for Ayanokoji to take that position.

Quote:
Also, what is Kiyopon been doing before going to school? Akumapapa said that his been gone for 1 and half year and its also been only a year since the school starts.

A blank of half a year on what his been doing.
All we know is that he lived with his butler and that he went to the beach during the summer and saved Sakayanagi when she was fainted due to over exerting herself.
Old 2019-02-13, 09:14   Link #3877
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Ayanokoji's father clearly differentiates between "worthless people" and geniuses" and implies that worthless people will never "grow up to stand in the same ring as geniuses". Doesn't sound like the thoughts of someone who thinks "whether or not you have superior genetics does not matter".
Was he perhaps referring to bloodlines? Perhaps Ayanokoji's dad believes that whether or not you come from the right family isn't important?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 11:32   Link #3878
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Quote:
All we know is that he lived with his butler and that he went to the beach during the summer and saved Sakayanagi when she was fainted due to over exerting herself.
I do not think this has been confirmed. Ayanokouji has an excellent memory and he even said in vol 5 that it was the first time he had seen Arisu.
Old 2019-02-13, 13:46   Link #3879
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Was he perhaps referring to bloodlines? Perhaps Ayanokoji's dad believes that whether or not you come from the right family isn't important?
The context of the passage when Ayanokoji is thinking about his father's thought process makes me more inclined towards thinking that the genetics he's referring to is more related to inborn/natural talent rather than what family you were born into.

Quote:
I do not think this has been confirmed. Ayanokouji has an excellent memory and he even said in vol 5 that it was the first time he had seen Arisu.
Yea I know, but volume 8 SS Arisu heavily implies that the person who saved her is Ayanokoji. I believe it's more likely for Arisu to remember correctly, given Arisu's infatuation with Ayanokoji, then it is for Ayanokoji to remember that he saved some random girl on the beach. Also while it's true that Ayanokoji has excellent memory, it seems to apply more when he's focused on something so it's possible that the event of saving some girl on the beach was so meaningless for him that he forgot about the characteristics of the girl.

Granted I suppose it's possible that the author is trying to show how obsessed Arisu is with Ayanokoji to the point of deluding herself that a complete stranger who just happened to save her is Ayanokoji.
Old 2019-02-14, 09:40   Link #3880
Lancelot

Quote:
The context of the passage when Ayanokoji is thinking about his father's thought process makes me more inclined towards thinking that the genetics he's referring to is more related to inborn/natural talent rather than what family you were born into.

Yea I know, but volume 8 SS Arisu heavily implies that the person who saved her is Ayanokoji. I believe it's more likely for Arisu to remember correctly, given Arisu's infatuation with Ayanokoji, then it is for Ayanokoji to remember that he saved some random girl on the beach. Also while it's true that Ayanokoji has excellent memory, it seems to apply more when he's focused on something so it's possible that the event of saving some girl on the beach was so meaningless for him that he forgot about the characteristics of the girl.

Granted I suppose it's possible that the author is trying to show how obsessed Arisu is with Ayanokoji to the point of deluding herself that a complete stranger who just happened to save her is Ayanokoji.
The SS you're talking about is Arisu 2 from Volume 8? I thought it had been confirmed that it wasn't Ayanokouji the person on the beach.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller