Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-27, 20:29   Link #801
darlliu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Amelia's VA is probably out of a shape. Unlike everyone else, she doesn't have a million roles under belt. And even Megumi seemed a bit off at times, probably because she's been on maternity leave for awhile now.
I remember the interview during which Amelia's VA expressed concern about her role... unfortunately I have to agree with you, although I don't really mind since they are the original guys and that is always the best way for me.
Old 2008-08-28, 13:30   Link #802
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
I always wondered which real life people could play the parts in Slayers, if the anime ever became a live action movie. Who had the right voice...

But as for Amelia, I liked the newer dub as opposed to the original dub in the first season. I haven't heard the 4th season version yet....(which hasn't been dubbed)

Sorry, dub/nondub fan equally
Old 2008-08-28, 19:45   Link #803
animeotaku99

What happened to the fansubs up on AnimeSuki? I've been without a computer for a few weeks. There was a copuple groups subbing it? Why was it taken off of Suki?
Old 2008-08-29, 04:15   Link #804
Rahan

Because of this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xris
While this series has not yet been licensed we have received a C&D from FUNimation Entertainment, we therefore won't be listing fansubs of this series here on AnimeSuki anymore.

Please note that FUNimation are acting on the behalf of the Japanese IP owners, Enoki Films.
Old 2008-08-29, 09:57   Link #805
UrbanSniper
Novelist in Training

Send a message via MSN to UrbanSniper
Supposedly there was another group that started subbing this series, but they only put out one episode before they vanished into the ether, at least that I can tell.

I'm about 3 episodes behind, as I keep holding out hope for a sub, but I'll most likely break down and watch the raws anyway. I really want to see Zuuma and Xellos in action
Old 2008-08-29, 12:51   Link #806
Wesley84

Episodes seven and eight have been subbed by...someone. They made a point of encouraging DVD purchases and stopping the distribution of the sub. They also won't release an episode with the subs included. Only raws with subs procured seperately.

Anyway, episodes seven and eight went a long ways towards removing early doubts about the new series. A formidable new oppenent and the lengths at which Xellos will go to achieve his objective. Plus Lina just looks cut in pigtails.
Old 2008-08-29, 13:23   Link #807
Kirarakim

Every one is talking about Amelia's voice change but the way her character is written seems off to me as well. Amelia was my favorite character in the original series and Next (still have not watched Try). I really loved her black and white/naive sense of justice. But here she just seems to be whining and telling Lina what to do.

I loved the Xellos/Lina action in episode 8 though
Old 2008-08-29, 13:52   Link #808
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Every one is talking about Amelia's voice change but the way her character is written seems off to me as well. Amelia was my favorite character in the original series and Next (still have not watched Try). I really loved her black and white/naive sense of justice. But here she just seems to be whining and telling Lina what to do.

I loved the Xellos/Lina action in episode 8 though
I think her VA's in good of shape as ever.

As for her character, it's been a bit hit and miss with the whole cast if you ask me. I thought she was closer in these last couple episodes. If she gets all self-righteous due to the new enemy they've been facing, it'd be in-character on so many levels.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-29, 15:22   Link #809
xephi

I haven't had any issues with the voices or characters so far in the new season. I just went back and rewatched the first 3 seasons, and while they are changing things up a little in the new season, I think it's up to standard. (Also, who would want to watch it dubbed? o.O)
Old 2008-09-01, 10:54   Link #810
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Did the ages of the characters change much?
Old 2008-09-01, 11:14   Link #811
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
Did the ages of the characters change much?
Not really. They talk about killing Rezo as if it only happened a few years ago, so Lina's probably seventeen going on eighteen, Gourry is probably pushing 24, Zel will soon hit twenty. Amelia will forever be fourteen though.
Old 2008-09-02, 20:05   Link #812
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Episodes seven and eight have been subbed by...someone. They made a point of encouraging DVD purchases and stopping the distribution of the sub. They also won't release an episode with the subs included. Only raws with subs procured seperately.

Anyway, episodes seven and eight went a long ways towards removing early doubts about the new series. A formidable new oppenent and the lengths at which Xellos will go to achieve his objective. Plus Lina just looks cut in pigtails.
Yes they have including ep.9-full episodes with subs-as to the who-why and where-you'll just have to find out for yourself-I'm surely not gonna tell!!
Old 2008-09-02, 20:14   Link #813
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep8:
Old 2008-09-02, 20:19   Link #814
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Best moment of episode 08 has to be Lina's reaction to her sister being mentioned. That and all the over the top scenes before hand with Wizer. I lol'd quite a bit.
Old 2008-09-02, 20:37   Link #815
Wesley84

It was like a history lesson on Lina's developing years. Her Idealised Vision of a Prince on a white horse...utterly SMASHED by the Bandit Dwarf King Phillionel Seyruun. Her unexplained, but horrifying fear of slugs that surpass even her fear of her sister. And of course, the fear of her sister...

At least Fillia actually produced a letter of instruction though. The mere mention of Luna shouldn't send Lina up the wall as it literally did in this last episode.
Old 2008-09-02, 20:41   Link #816
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Just watched 09 (yay for subbed HQ version )

Spoiler for Episode 09:
Old 2008-09-02, 22:44   Link #817
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep9:
Old 2008-09-03, 07:02   Link #818
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamion View Post
Spoiler for Episode 09:
Spoiler for Episode 09:
Old 2008-09-03, 12:12   Link #819
Wesley84

Kind of ruined the one scene I was most looking forward to from manga to anime.

Spoiler for ep.9:
Old 2008-09-03, 13:01   Link #820
reverse

after a month without my computer ( lot has happen to slayer )

finally i manage to catch up
Episode 7&8 is great ( it just awesome )

oh ! and poor gourry

gourry becoming more useless than ever.
got beaten by zuumma (and i thought gourry have advantage went fight in dark )
Closed Thread

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, fantasy