Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-13, 11:23   Link #541
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Kleeyook would be posting them soon as the Thai one comes out. I think volume 8 is partial done or something.

Yup. Thanks to that, his country was approved as a actual country. They build their country within a chapter or something...... Shouldnt making a country be something very hard.....? Man, I became lost at all the things happening....
They recognized a pirate ship as a country--that's something the other Captain Ash couldn't do. So, what title does Captain Ash title himself, as well as what is the official title of this 'country'? Republic?Principality?Duchy?Commonwealth?Lordship? Grand Duchy?Duchy?Kingdom?Don't tell me it calls itself an empire?About getting land, the easiest would be to just attack some imperial land. With Eiko and an army of dragons,it wouldn't be hard to take limited amount of land off the empire-- just like how the Ottomans who were originally landless, seized land from the Byzantine Empire.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-08-13 at 11:41.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 13:45   Link #542
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
They recognized a pirate ship as a country--that's something the other Captain Ash couldn't do. So, what title does Captain Ash title himself, as well as what is the official title of this 'country'? Republic?Principality?Duchy?Commonwealth?Lordship? Grand Duchy?Duchy?Kingdom?Don't tell me it calls itself an empire?About getting land, the easiest would be to just attack some imperial land. With Eiko and an army of dragons,it wouldn't be hard to take limited amount of land off the empire-- just like how the Ottomans who were originally landless, seized land from the Byzantine Empire.
If anything it's probably like "Isekai no seikishi monogatari" (Story of the Saint Knight from Another World)

At the end of the day, the country in that anime and in this story were both formed due to convenience, so they likely won't last long.. unless..

Spoiler:

The "ship" itself is deemed to be it's own country, and the title would probably be something simple like "kokuou" which is simply "Country's King"
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 17:42   Link #543
jonald101

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post

The "ship" itself is deemed to be it's own country, and the title would probably be something simple like "kokuou" which is simply "Country's King"
The country will be called by the term "Harem country" with ash given the title "Harem King"
jonald101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 19:10   Link #544
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonald101 View Post
The country will be called by the term "Harem country" with ash given the title "Harem King"
Not if Issei has anything to say about it! lol. But still, I really can't believe he turned his new air/battle ship into a country. How big is the ship anyway?
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 07:07   Link #545
Templar23

Is there an expected time when vol.7 summary is going to be done?
Templar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 16:48   Link #546
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Sorry mates! I'm still working on the summary. The summary for vol. 7 is 3x longer (or more detailed) than previous volume. So it takes more time.

Also, I wasn't entirely committed to translating the summary since my eyes hurt training the so called "hand-eye coordination" with my graphics tablet. I dream to have a freelance job as a digital artist doing anime-style illustrations but I can't draw on my Wacom yet.

So staring at the monitor really hurt my eyes. I spent a lot of time sleeping to rest my eyes too.

No need to rush though. I don't have the summary for vol. 3 (the guy posting it in Thai took out after Thai version of the novel was released. Now he just took out summary for vol. 4 since vol. 4 was released in Thailand a few weeks back.) so you'll need the manga scanlation to reach Lucca's arc anyway.

On side note. I only translated like 1/10 of the summary for now. I'll post it once I finished up to 1/3.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 17:07   Link #547
Richocet
Lover of Purity

NO worries buddy, take your time
Old 2012-08-26, 22:58   Link #548
XFire
150% done

The thread seems to have died off... T_T
Old 2012-08-27, 16:14   Link #549
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, translating the summary for vol. 7 is a real pain. It's 3 times longer than what I did for volume 4 and 5.

A lot of LN have been bothering me so much. I'm thankful they're being translated. But there are things that annoy the hell out of me.

Hidan no Aria - Aria annoys me.

Serei Tsukai no Blade Dance - I really despise Claire, and the unreasonable violent tsundere in general. Maybe Kamito's indecisiveness also annoys me. Don't tell me he's a decisive guy when he doesn't tell the rest of the girls to stop bothering him and Restia and Est!

Heavy Object - Quenser's superiors are jerks.

Campione! - Godou is too impractical. He doesn't train or seeks battles to increase his experience when the strongest adversary is sleeping right under his island. What if he loses? There's no guaranty that the god won't do anything to Japan...

Sword Art Online - Is Kirito really the strongest? How is he compared to Asuna? I read it until vol. 9 and still can't figure out. Also, I don't agree about having a side kick like Egueo when he has been a solo swordman for 8 volumes.

Well, that's it. I think that even though Eco seems to be like Louise at first, she doesn't come close to any girls on my complaint list in term of sheer annoyance.

Spoiler for SnRK Vol 7 Summary Part 1/3:
Old 2012-08-27, 16:17   Link #550
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Four words - Welcome to the Army.

At least that is actually a reasonable real world excuse to be a jerk.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:30   Link #551
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, translating the summary for vol. 7 is a real pain. It's 3 times longer than what I did for volume 4 and 5.

A lot of LN have been bothering me so much. I'm thankful they're being translated. But there are things that annoy the hell out of me.

Hidan no Aria - Aria annoys me.

Serei Tsukai no Blade Dance - I really despise Claire, and the unreasonable violent tsundere in general. Maybe Kamito's indecisiveness also annoys me. Don't tell me he's a decisive guy when he doesn't tell the rest of the girls to stop bothering him and Restia and Est!

Campione! - Godou is too impractical. He doesn't train or seeks battles to increase his experience when the strongest adversary is sleeping right under his island. What if he loses? There's no guaranty that the god won't do anything to Japan...

Sword Art Online - Is Kirito really the strongest? How is he compared to Asuna? I read it until vol. 9 and still can't figure out. Also, I don't agree about having a side kick like Egueo when he has been a solo swordman for 8 volumes.

Well, that's it. I think that even though Eco seems to be like Louise at first, she doesn't come close to any girls on my complaint list in term of sheer annoyance.

Spoiler for SnRK Vol 7 Summary Part 1/3:
First off, thank you very much for the summary.

About the complaints, most of those are actually justified.

For Serei and HnA, the tsundere is extremely popular in Japan. Probably because of the contrast to the Yamamato Nadeshiko.

For Heavy Object, yes they are.

For SAO, yes. Kirito is the strongest. Because the death game ended, technically "Kirito" doesn't exist anymore. Kazuto the game player can beat nearly everyone anyway, except that new girl in vol 9 (doesn't she die, though?), but "Kirito" can literally override the game system if Asuna is in danger. Or he's pissed.

For Campione, training wouldn't help. This is actually lampshaded in the story. Because the powers they use are so ridiculous, individual training doesn't really matter. For example, both Luo Hao and Doni are at the top of their respective disciplines. Godou beat Luo Hao unconcious and cut Doni in half.
Old 2012-08-27, 16:31   Link #552
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Four words - Welcome to the Army.

At least that is actually a reasonable real world excuse to be a jerk.
Modern warfare shows too huge difference between enlisted and officer ranks.

And Quenser is just a field student.

No one seems to respect him as the one who destroyed several OBJECTs. A feat no one can ever do, repeatedly.

And Baby Magnum always loses.

Kamachi's sense of naming is weird too. maybe he just wants unique names.

As for Campione!

Dude, they said that training doesn't cut it for campione since they only need to fight and gain experience from real battle.

But seeing Goudo has to be protected by his harem quite often, from average opponents, make me think that he's too impractical. He doesn't even try to learn anything regarding magic, relying on mouth-to-mouth knowledge transfer only, and he has the nerve to say he does not like it. Most other campione are far more knowledgable than him about this.

And when Goudo confronts Veretragna who brags about challenging any enemies even when he's in disadvantage, Goudo has the nerve to be pissed off. He's basically worse since he has no knowledge of his oppoents to create the golden sword, and has to rely on the girls, every time.

Now back to the topic, Cassandra is really evil. She seems to be more evil than Uriel. Considering that Mordred is sleeping inside her and doesn't even wake up yet. I suppose there's no need for Mordred to possess Cassandra. I just hope we won't just forgive that bitch easily, while killing mooks because they aren't hot.
Old 2012-08-27, 16:35   Link #553
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

For Serei and HnA, the tsundere is extremely popular in Japan. Probably because of the contrast to the Yamamato Nadeshiko.
I don't know about reason- we each have our own reason for liking what we like, but personally it just feels like those writers are cashing off on ZnT's success without realizing how much of a bad idea is it to borrow the worst idea from that series.

As for why ZnT? Well, they're all MF Bunko titles after all.
Old 2012-08-27, 16:43   Link #554
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I don't know about reason- we each have our own reason for liking what we like, but personally it just feels like those writers are cashing off on ZnT's success without realizing how much of a bad idea is it to borrow the worst idea from that series.

As for why ZnT? Well, they're all MF Bunko titles after all.
You're right about people having different preferences, but the whole "pettanko tsundere with violent tendencies" became popular because shows like ZnT and Shakugan no Shana were extremely popular in Japan. While at the very least the people in this forum seem to dislike tsunderes, we aren't very high on the authors priority list, since we don't pay anything.

Edit: Incidentally, I actually like the character if done well. Eco is probably my favorite.
Old 2012-08-27, 16:44   Link #555
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Actually, I'm trying to improve my artwork while I'm not studying. I hope that one day, I'll make a harem manga, with all tsundere like Louise getting dumped...
Old 2012-08-27, 16:52   Link #556
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You're right about people having different preferences, but the whole "pettanko tsundere with violent tendencies" became popular because shows like ZnT and Shakugan no Shana were extremely popular in Japan.
There's a BIG difference between Dengeki's Shana and MF's Louise... Though this is not the place to discuss it.
Old 2012-08-27, 17:00   Link #557
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
There's a BIG difference between Dengeki's Shana and MF's Louise... Though this is not the place to discuss it.
I almost never notice that Shana is supposed to be a tsundere since season 2. The difference between Shana and Louise is too vast, I kind of wonder if people are in their right mind saying Shana to be the same type as Louise.

The most tsundere thing Shana does to Yuuji is shouting at him "Urusai, urusai, urusai!".
Old 2012-08-27, 17:28   Link #558
XFire
150% done

I haven't actually read/watched SnS, I was just told she was the original Tsundere. And I don't think anyone else goes as far as Louis.

btw, Kleeyok, if you make a harem manga, you should make it all tsundere. Then have them all get defrosted and become totally dere-dere. Alternatively, skip the first part and just do dere-dere. Like HighSchool DxD (which I just noticed could be read as HighSchool DerexDere)
Old 2012-08-27, 18:08   Link #559
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
I haven't actually read/watched SnS, I was just told she was the original Tsundere. And I don't think anyone else goes as far as Louis.

btw, Kleeyok, if you make a harem manga, you should make it all tsundere. Then have them all get defrosted and become totally dere-dere. Alternatively, skip the first part and just do dere-dere. Like HighSchool DxD (which I just noticed could be read as HighSchool DerexDere)
Dude, defrosting ice queen is for coodere, the ice queen type, not the hot-blooded sadistic violent girls who'd just keep pestering you.

BTW, it seems like Uriel is the typical manipulative bastard who thinks he's so smart, looking down on others and kind of breaks down when he's losing. I still have to wait for detail about the fight against him though.

Also, everything in vol. 9 seems too forced...
Old 2012-08-27, 19:14   Link #560
kfcpanda

should check out mknr
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dragons, ecchi, fantasy, harem, illustrator is a lolicon, romance, shounen, tentacles