AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-27, 04:41   Link #41
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Oh man, what an awesome chapter. Luffy & Ace fighting side-by-side...Squard appearing with the ship to save them all...but wanting to die as reperations for his actions...WB ordering them to leave. Wnderful....truely wonderful.

It made sense, the moment the Moby Dick sank, that WB would not be returning with the others. That was his ship that he had sailed on for many decades, a symbolic end to his era. He has put his faith in the youngsters like Luffy & Ace to lead the way in the New Era.

The only thing we need now is a flashback for WB.
Old 2010-01-27, 05:43   Link #42
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

So next week :

a) Whitebeard's gonna get slaughtered by Sengoku,Admirals, loyal Shichibukais left and a bunch of weaklings in off screen.
b) Whitebeard will collapse and will be thrown down to Impel down for further execution.
c) Whitebeard will survive in last second by another retarded "you-cant-die-in-my-manga" twist.
Old 2010-01-27, 06:25   Link #43
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I was thinking Mihawk might suddenly appear, and cut off one of Ace's limbs, but that could be simple wishful thinking on my part ...
Mihawk is Hundreds Years to young to even start to dream about being able to do such thing.
Old 2010-01-27, 08:45   Link #44
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
So next week :

a) Whitebeard's gonna get slaughtered by Sengoku,Admirals, loyal Shichibukais left and a bunch of weaklings in off screen.
b) Whitebeard will collapse and will be thrown down to Impel down for further execution.
c) Whitebeard will survive in last second by another retarded "you-cant-die-in-my-manga" twist.
Next week I expect a flashback...as there was a flashback right at the end of this chap. After that, WB will hold up the marines as his crew get away and then once they're safe...he'll unleash 1 Final attack that'll obliterate Marine HQ...causing massive Marine casulties...with all the top tiers obviously surviving....Although i was really hoping old man WB would take that b***d Akainu down...just to teach him a lesson
Old 2010-01-27, 09:09   Link #45
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
Mihawk is Hundreds Years to young to even start to dream about being able to do such thing.
Wait what?
Old 2010-01-27, 09:17   Link #46
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Sorry, I ment:

Mihawk is Hundreds Years to young to think that he can even start to dream about being able to do such thing.
Old 2010-01-27, 11:49   Link #47
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

^and how did u think u are old enough to think mihawk couldn't do 'that' such a thing

So Mr.3 got 1 panel and not get melted already... good for him...
Old 2010-01-27, 12:25   Link #48
Tenryuken
Pirate God

I am a wise man.
Old 2010-01-27, 14:22   Link #49
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
I'm underwhelmed at the Marines this entire arc, especially the Shichibukai (they hardly did anything noteworthy), but other than that good stuff.

Now I want to see more of Strawhat Crew's whereabouts. :x
Well nothing new....it's quite a one way track, how Oda is presenting the WG, the Marines and the Shibukai.
The latter one i can understand that they are not really fighting with all their life for the Marines/WG, if it doesn't suit their own goals.

But other than this, just complete disappointement. The Marines are losing, losing and losing. And wtf happened to the army of Kumas? They should be enough to take down the whole island...

Well, whatever. I am glad that this arc is finally over.
Old 2010-01-27, 14:42   Link #50
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Well nothing new....it's quite a one way track, how Oda is presenting the WG, the Marines and the Shibukai.
The latter one i can understand that they are not really fighting with all their life for the Marines/WG, if it doesn't suit their own goals.

But other than this, just complete disappointement. The Marines are losing, losing and losing.
It's the rule of numbers (there is a tope for this, but I forget the name). The more enemies there are, the less of a threat the individual enemy are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
And wtf happened to the army of Kumas? They should be enough to take down the whole island...
There weren't that many of them (a dozen? twenty?), and the few there were (seemingly) taken care of by Hancock.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-01-27 at 15:12.
Old 2010-01-27, 14:58   Link #51
kari-no-sugata

The Marines looked likely to claim total victory until Luffy's Haki "burst". As I said at the time, it could signal a change in the tide of battle, and indeed it has.
Old 2010-01-27, 14:58   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
There weren't that many of them (a dozen? twenty?), and the few there were (seemingly) taken care of by Hancock.
Yup. And this is why I find the notion of the pacifistas replacing the shichibukai to be silly. No matter how rebellious the shichibukai are, the WG needs them. Their battle experience and abilities are world class (elite, if you will), and the mindless drones that are the pacifistas cannot hope to compete with the likes of them. The pacifistas are more than adequate for the purpose of eliminating fodder pirates, but pirates within the upper echelon can make quick work of them.
Old 2010-01-27, 16:05   Link #53
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The pacifistas are more than adequate for the purpose of eliminating fodder pirates, but pirates within the upper echelon can make quick work of them.
Kinda depends on what you consider to be part of the "upper echelon"
Cause last i checked it took atleast 2 supernova's to take donw one and considering how the whole strawhat crew faired it likely wasn't easy... we are talking about machines that might be able to fight on the level of a 500-600 million bounty pirate (the bounty of all the strawhats, or Kidd+Law)... that what you need for an even fight... you'd have to be much higher than that to "make quick work of them"... we are talking about Yonkou level here

Considering the only difference bewteen Kuma and the PX's is the lack of the Paw-paw fruit, they are each pretty close in level to him, and we know he is a monster
Old 2010-01-27, 16:26   Link #54
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Cause last i checked it took atleast 2 supernova's to take donw one and considering how the whole strawhat crew faired it likely wasn't easy... we are talking about machines that might be able to fight on the level of a 500-600 million bounty pirate (the bounty of all the strawhats, or Kidd+Law)... that what you need for an even fight... you'd have to be much higher than that to "make quick work of them"... we are talking about Yonkou level here
Personally, I always thought of them as being New World fodder, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Pacifistas quickly become so last season villians.
Old 2010-01-27, 17:05   Link #55
john_kun
Banned

Haha yeah man. This must be best chapter so far. yes I know it's predictable but so is everything in one piece so we should stop nagging about it.

I loved this chapter. I think I will nominate this to my personal favorite chapter of one piece. Just freaking gold man. I'm already loving 2010 and the mangas I read in this new decade

Last edited by john_kun; 2010-01-27 at 18:11.
Old 2010-01-27, 17:36   Link #56
Prestige

Amazing, amazing chapter... so much epic and awesome packed in 15 pages...

I managed to avoid most of the spoilers and I am really happy that I did... reading spoilers, specially detailed ones will kill most of the pleasure you get from reading One Piece chapters...

Ace&Luffy spreads were so god damn awesome and so well deserved for Luffy...heh Ivankov weeping without limits before Luffy's achievements.

Ace vs Aokiji was long awaited showdown of Ice vs Fire, this is just bloody fantastic chapter, I just re-read whole Marineford arc from begininng yesterday and reading it as a big chunk really shown how awesome this arc actually has been.

Ace and Luffy were so awesome but it was ultimately Whitebeard who stole the show of this chapter. Whitebeard is so epic and awesome that I doubt that there wont be really anyone in One Piece readers who actually dislike this guy.

He gave his final captain orders and his epic, long lasting legacy is finally coming to an end but its ending with such awesome manner and glory that few could hope to have better end.

A great chapter, best of this entire war thus far, while I miss rest of Strawhats I have to say that events from Amazon Lily to this point have been so much worth it.
Old 2010-01-27, 18:20   Link #57
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Amazing, amazing chapter... so much epic and awesome packed in 15 pages...

I managed to avoid most of the spoilers and I am really happy that I did... reading spoilers, specially detailed ones will kill most of the pleasure you get from reading One Piece chapters...

Ace&Luffy spreads were so god damn awesome and so well deserved for Luffy...heh Ivankov weeping without limits before Luffy's achievements.

Ace vs Aokiji was long awaited showdown of Ice vs Fire, this is just bloody fantastic chapter, I just re-read whole Marineford arc from begininng yesterday and reading it as a big chunk really shown how awesome this arc actually has been.

Ace and Luffy were so awesome but it was ultimately Whitebeard who stole the show of this chapter. Whitebeard is so epic and awesome that I doubt that there wont be really anyone in One Piece readers who actually dislike this guy.

He gave his final captain orders and his epic, long lasting legacy is finally coming to an end but its ending with such awesome manner and glory that few could hope to have better end.

A great chapter, best of this entire war thus far, while I miss rest of Strawhats I have to say that events from Amazon Lily to this point have been so much worth it.
I agreed with you so much I gave you some rep as a present

I mean I am not disappointing to actually read through all those repetitive arcs in the past. I mean jsut to read this arc and enjoy every second of it was freaking worth all the way. Go one piece you are awesome and we love you. Keep going at ti oda .

Just awesome chapter and by no doubt I must say it really is best chapter so far in the series. i don't recall a better chapter than is. it just had everything.

and I must agree whitebeard's is really cool. excluding whitebeard's macho attitude in the past I think he is one of the nicest guy in the entire series. Awesome guy he is. I mean to actually forgive for someone who stabbed you and sacrifice yourself for him. now that si not something you even see good guys do so often these days.

Im so gonna re read this arc a few times when it's all done
Old 2010-01-27, 18:26   Link #58
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
The times they are a changing! I can't wait to see Ace in the new world, I wonder if they will still be called the Whitebeard pirates?
Old 2010-01-27, 18:34   Link #59
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Would? View Post
The times they are a changing! I can't wait to see Ace in the new world, I wonder if they will still be called the Whitebeard pirates?
so much speculations can be done right now. can't wait to see the after match
Old 2010-01-27, 19:51   Link #60
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
You're equating bounty to strength, and we know it doesn't work that way. We also don't know if Kidd and Law had trouble against the pacifista they encountered at the archipelago, since the fight happened off-screen.

The upper echelon would be comprised of individuals such as the shichibukai, admirals, Garp, Sengoku, emperors, Rayleigh, and whoever else Oda has yet to show us in the New World.

Quote:
Considering the only difference bewteen Kuma and the PX's is the lack of the Paw-paw fruit, they are each pretty close in level to him, and we know he is a monster
The ability to think and the paw-paw fruit make a huge difference. Kuma can easily dispose of the pacifistas just by touching them. They're not comparable to Kuma at all.