AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-27, 15:27   Link #101
Newguy

Wow, no one has read the lastest raws? Ever since chapter 38 it seems that
Spoiler:

When it ends, which I doubt will be any time soon since it's so popular.
Old 2010-11-29, 13:36   Link #102
deadite

Please no Daikichi x Rin. I don't want them to ruin a perfectly good familial relationship.
Old 2010-12-10, 01:02   Link #103
snowbells

i don't want daikichi x rin too! but,considering her mum also fall in love to a way much elder man, there is still possibility that will happen to rin. ah,i really want to know what will happen in the latest chapter.anybody know where can i find the raw scans?
Old 2010-12-10, 10:01   Link #104
fatalblue
Dancin' and Dreamin'

hmmm....I really hope this is just gonna be a phase for Rin & she'll eventually get over it. The relationship they've built together up until now is that of a father & daughter type & to see that shift into romance....

but I won't frown on the development just yet as it could yield some pretty great drama I just hope the author doesn't take things all the way....
Old 2010-12-12, 02:44   Link #105
Newguy

The way it is right now it's a perfect setup for Daichiki x Rin. Rin doesn't like Kouki romantically at all anymore. Kouki's mother is getting married, and they've been huilding this up for over 12 chapters. Now that Kouki told Daichiki, all we have to do now is wait for the next chap to see the results.
Old 2011-03-02, 20:07   Link #106
darry

How many Chapters has this Manga so far ?
Old 2011-03-02, 21:00   Link #107
jzmagic
flargansbog

Does anyone know how often the magazine, Feel Young, for this releases? Seems like this series has been around forever but hasn't gotten very far.
Old 2011-03-08, 12:58   Link #108
Miles Teg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...japan-in-april

Quote:
The April issue of Shodensha's Feel Young women's magazine is announcing on Tuesday that Yumi Unita is ending her Bunny Drop (Usagi Drop) manga in the next issue on April 8. In the beginning of the manga, 30-year-old bachelor Daikichi comes home from his grandfather's funeral to discover a little girl named Rin in his garden. Rin is the 6-year-old illegitimate daughter of Daikichi's grandfather, and Daikichi decides to take her in when no one in the family accepts the responsibility. The story of the final chapter is set a decade after the first chapter.
Old 2011-03-08, 16:28   Link #109
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh wow, so it is ending. That makes me wonder if the anime plans to cover all of the manga material.
Old 2011-04-09, 14:00   Link #110
Fawx9

I'm all for author's wanting to write creatively, but the ending, dear god.

Should have just stuck with the growing up and raising a kid storyline. The need to butcher the characters after the timeskip was not worth this at all.
Old 2011-06-18, 15:03   Link #111
User68604
Disabled By Request

in, just started, looks pretty good for an SOL
Old 2011-06-18, 17:47   Link #112
jedinat

Well the latest scanlation has Rin running away after everything's been laid out... frankly I don't understand why some people dislike this latest development. It's much more interesting than Rin x Kouki, which would have rather ruined the manga IMHO. In retrospect it's pretty obvious the author was setting this up from the start (of the time skip).

Still a few chapters to go; hopefully it doesn't go downhill...
Old 2011-06-18, 19:40   Link #113
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i claimed this ending like a year ago
scratch that, it was EXACTLY 2 years ago, this day xD
Old 2011-06-18, 22:12   Link #114
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Well the latest scanlation has Rin running away after everything's been laid out... frankly I don't understand why some people dislike this latest development. It's much more interesting than Rin x Kouki, which would have rather ruined the manga IMHO. In retrospect it's pretty obvious the author was setting this up from the start (of the time skip).

At first i was disgusted with the idea of Rin x Daikichi but after reading the manga i think that it's far more interesting that Rin x Kouki , i think that Rin it's better with Daikichi he's a cool guy and even if is practically her dad i don't think that any other character would fit her.

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2011-06-18 at 23:33.
Old 2011-06-18, 22:38   Link #115
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
To be honest when I first read the manga I also wondered if it were not setting up for a relationship between Rin and Daisuke....

To be honest it never really felt to me like Kouki was never portrayed as if he would really match Rin.

So I am fine with how things are going at present.
Old 2011-06-19, 05:30   Link #116
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i claimed this ending like a year ago
scratch that, it was EXACTLY 2 years ago, this day xD
I hate you for being right.

The mangaka handles it better than most (thought experiment: what if this is written by the mangaka of Otaku no Musume-san? ), but I still hate the idea. He's her dad, he just is. It's basically incest and not the fun type. It should have been just a phase for Rin, not the, you know, ending. She has plenty of time to find new experiences in life and love. I knew something was a bit off with the timeskip -- for one, the tone was gradually less and less "innocent" and more overtly "Josei" (argh, no).

Daikichi deserves happiness, kinda, and Kouki's mother stopped being a viable romantic interest with that development, but you know, a Jean Valjean once in a while isn't bad. Fits the theme too, parental sacrifice and all that (which was a very big theme in the pre-timeskip manga). Jean Valjean sure as hell didn't end up with Cosette.

I'll just pretend in my little corner that the timeskip didn't happen and that this manga was just a story of a man who becomes a parent and a child's gentle growth.
Old 2011-06-19, 17:00   Link #117
User68604
Disabled By Request

holy shiz

just finished up to chapter 50- what a place to end it...

cannot wait till next month when the final volume is released!!! i honestly did not see the
Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-19, 17:07   Link #118
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post

agree - as taboo as it seems, it definitely adds an interesting spin on things. after all, love is complicated and is often never a "choice." In this story, the unique relationship between the two set it up without a single doubt.

Personally, I favor these types of mangas simply because they deviate greatly from the mainstream. The mangaka's are not afraid to risk going against what the average reader "may" like and pursue a story they originally intended to write.
Old 2011-06-19, 20:39   Link #119
DanielSong39

I'll remain in denial and pretend that the manga ended at the time skip.

The last chapter before the skip was actually a pretty good ending. It's an open-ended one, but it pretty much nailed down the nature of parenthood and the importance of friendship and family. That's actually pretty unique in a manga. Taboo romances are dime-a-dozen...

Maybe in some alternate universe Rin's dad married Kouki's mom and they all lived happily ever after while Rin and Kouki eventually settled into a sibling relationship.
Old 2011-06-19, 20:40   Link #120
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
The mangaka handles it better than most (thought experiment: what if this is written by the mangaka of Otaku no Musume-san? ), but I still hate the idea. He's her dad, he just is. It's basically incest and not the fun type. It should have been just a phase for Rin, not the, you know, ending. She has plenty of time to find new experiences in life and love. I knew something was a bit off with the timeskip -- for one, the tone was gradually less and less "innocent" and more overtly "Josei" (argh, no).
I agree. I expect some attraction (? like being an inspiration to each other), but I didn't expect the story to play it straight that end route relationship.
Closed Thread