AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2023-07-28, 15:55   Link #4641
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I only said that about lolis, I actually like Miharu (and Celia). And Charlotte's great too, she's just too thirsty.
Old 2023-07-28, 16:16   Link #4642
hihoperorin

Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about you. I was more talking about fans who go: "Miharu is useless, why can't she fight like a one man army right after being isekai'd man? She's so worthless, has no use to Rio", "Latifa is annoying, she's always clinging to Rio, the audacity for her to act spoiled around her elder brother." and "Charlotte is evil, she messes with prick nobles for kicks and giggles. Rio hates her too. How do I know? Because I hate her, so surely Rio hates her, logic man, logic."
hihoperorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-28, 16:27   Link #4643
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That last one's the worst. Rio doesn't hate her. That's that guy's own head-canon.
Old 2023-07-31, 10:20   Link #4644
ooPeaToo

The illustrations vol 24

vol 24 : https://imgur.com/a/ekCmKzD
ooPeaToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 10:33   Link #4645
tsunade666

Hm...... Digital version is out. It looks like Takahashi got character development in this arc. Got a girl too. That probably got a *good end* vibe that push Takahashi to the abyss.
Old 2023-07-31, 12:51   Link #4646
Voldigoad

YURI REALLY COOKED THIS VOLUME!!(altho I am sure a certain someone will find a way to nitpick on this vol, cough cough Roberto cough cough)

seems like loli became allies of Rio and calls him husband

celia got beaten by gouki in a swordfight

Taka died got buried and then returned with his hax

Lina possessed miharu, teleported rio and sora out of the dungeon before hinting on a big reveal(I think she was about to say "your true identity")

prostitute name is Julia, chap 3 and 4 is taka love story, and it was honestly a fun read for me
Voldigoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 14:19   Link #4647
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooPeaToo View Post
The illustrations vol 24

vol 24 : https://imgur.com/a/ekCmKzD
Thx for the illusts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldigoad View Post
YURI REALLY COOKED THIS VOLUME!!(altho I am sure a certain someone will find a way to nitpick on this vol, cough cough Roberto cough cough)

seems like loli became allies of Rio and calls him husband

celia got beaten by gouki in a swordfight

Taka died got buried and then returned with his hax

Lina possessed miharu, teleported rio and sora out of the dungeon before hinting on a big reveal(I think she was about to say "your true identity")

prostitute name is Julia, chap 3 and 4 is taka love story, and it was honestly a fun read for me
Sounds to me like one of the best vols so far. This is such a nice surprise.

And what a volume we got, I never thought I would say this but: reading Takahisa was, for the first time, very very fun. He had such an interesting character development track in this vol. Ironically, his extremist thinking seems unchanged, just that he switched from one end of the spectrum (killing is bad no matter what, let's talk it through) to the exact opposite (those I view as scum must all die, leave no one behind.)

Two moments I really loved from him are 1/ when he told Reiss that he will give him whatever he can if he guides him to Julia's location. And 2/ after killing Norman and rescuing Julia, when Reiss asked Takahisa if he was fine leaving Gartulk just like that, Takahisa said that it's fine and that he had no place in that castle. whether he wants to go dark or redemption or whatever path, he shouldn't be wishy washy about it, which he splendidly grew up from by the end of this vol.

Although, now I have to question where the vol 21 fits into all of this, it might be that Julia will die and Takahisa will return to his Miharu obsession. Still doesn't explain the time desparency tho, I shiver at the thought that it might end in a tokyo manji revengers situation; Julia dies -> Takahisa goes back in time to vol 21 epilogue time with the help of a wise god to undo her death -> he goes to kill Miharu/Lina right away to prevent Julia death. Seems way too far fetched tho.

I'm more convinced about Reiss in this vol, he has information networks, thinks things through, makes plans, and then executes them. he feels much more real, and I enjoyed what he did, he found Takahisa in a problem, moved in to help him, stroke a deal and gained a comrade in Takahisa by the end.

And the best part of the vol, all the voices turned out to be most likely Lina, and she kind of hinted to Miharu that she'll remember Rio after Lina used possession on Miharu, which happened at the end of this vol. Even better, it seems like next vol is Rio centered and action packed. As far as I go, we eating well boys.

Last edited by hihoperorin; 2023-08-01 at 10:01.
Old 2023-08-01, 09:43   Link #4648
Xan2341

Pleasantly surprised with this volume. While the direction with Takahisa went the way I had envisioned mostly, the author made it a fun read. There is a lot to talk about in volume 24, but the author also really set things up to move quickly for volume 25. I was very interested in the afterwards section of this volume, the author opened up to how they write the series, how they structure arcs and where we are in the current arc. All that being the case, they said Volume 25 is called "Our Hero" and while they won't tell us who that refers to, they hope we enjoy it "after waiting for so long". Unless the author is very mean, next volume should be a Rio going all out volume, and perhaps some carrots in the form of Lina bending rules for Miharu or maybe even the girls. There was promise of a carrot from Lina and author so we will see.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 11:07   Link #4649
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan2341 View Post
Pleasantly surprised with this volume. While the direction with Takahisa went the way I had envisioned mostly, the author made it a fun read. There is a lot to talk about in volume 24, but the author also really set things up to move quickly for volume 25. I was very interested in the afterwards section of this volume, the author opened up to how they write the series, how they structure arcs and where we are in the current arc. All that being the case, they said Volume 25 is called "Our Hero" and while they won't tell us who that refers to, they hope we enjoy it "after waiting for so long". Unless the author is very mean, next volume should be a Rio going all out volume, and perhaps some carrots in the form of Lina bending rules for Miharu or maybe even the girls. There was promise of a carrot from Lina and author so we will see.
Yeah, we got good news from the afterword, Kitayama saying vol 24 was Takahisa's last central stage (tho ironically, he just got interesting,) and how he usually writes arcs in 3 stages foreshadowing -> development -> climax, this arc being vol 21 to 23 foreshadowing and this vol being the development one with a bomb left in the epilogue for the climax (vol 25 alone I suppose.)

And what does said epilogue hold? Reiss seems ready to throw down for real, this is not something that Celia or any of them can handle, the moment Reiss appeared and unleashed his golem or golems, Aishia herself appeared right away and shouted for them all to run away. It's a Rio situation, and sure enough, Lina summons Rio. And what's the next volume called? Our hero, the raws say "watashi-tachi no eiyuu" eiyuu, not yuusha, clearly refers to Rio and watashi-tachi is either Miharu/Lina or all the girls. Since this 5 vol arc is as much girls without memory arc as much as it is Takahisa's arc, I'm going to assume, very hopefully, that all the girls will remember Rio in the next vol. Either way, this will undoubtedly be Rio vs Reiss/Golem(s) as well as the story's biggest battle so far, I'm kind of disappointed that L didn't get teleported with Rio and Sora tho.
Old 2023-08-01, 11:56   Link #4650
Xan2341

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihoperorin View Post
Yeah, we got good news from the afterword, Kitayama saying vol 24 was Takahisa's last central stage (tho ironically, he just got interesting,) and how he usually writes arcs in 3 stages foreshadowing -> development -> climax, this arc being vol 21 to 23 foreshadowing and this vol being the development one with a bomb left in the epilogue for the climax (vol 25 alone I suppose.)

And what does said epilogue hold? Reiss seems ready to throw down for real, this is not something that Celia or any of them can handle, the moment Reiss appeared and unleashed his golem or golems, Aishia herself appeared right away and shouted for them all to run away. It's a Rio situation, and sure enough, Lina summons Rio. And what's the next volume called? Our hero, the raws say "watashi-tachi no eiyuu" eiyuu, not yuusha, clearly refers to Rio and watashi-tachi is either Miharu/Lina or all the girls. Since this 5 vol arc is as much girls without memory arc as much as it is Takahisa's arc, I'm going to assume, very hopefully, that all the girls will remember Rio in the next vol. Either way, this will undoubtedly be Rio vs Reiss/Golem(s) as well as the story's biggest battle so far, I'm kind of disappointed that L didn't get teleported with Rio and Sora tho.
There is some comedy in the fact, Reiss was very hesitant to want to engage Galarc due to Lina's involvement as it appears trauma exists there from her from 1000 years ago. Elle convinces Reiss to do it anyway, and now not only did Reiss fall into Lina's trap, with Rio being brought back by teleportation, Lina herself showed up. Volume 25 is going to be pope reiss reliving some trauma the entire time.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 13:22   Link #4651
hihoperorin

Speaking of comedy, the funniest line in the entire story got to be when Takahisa told Julia that he was rejected by the girl he liked and that she made it clear she hated him and never wanted to see him again, and Julia's answer to that was "she must have very bad eyes for judging men" pfft, dunno man, now we cool, but back then Taka was the clown, objectively speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan2341 View Post
There is some comedy in the fact, Reiss was very hesitant to want to engage Galarc due to Lina's involvement as it appears trauma exists there from her from 1000 years ago. Elle convinces Reiss to do it anyway, and now not only did Reiss fall into Lina's trap, with Rio being brought back by teleportation, Lina herself showed up. Volume 25 is going to be pope reiss reliving some trauma the entire time.
I think the event will be the exact opposite of Reiss reliving any trauma. Let's see, what are the pieces?

First, Miharu/Lina, I'd say there are 3 options for her role beyond the Rio uno reversal she just pulled. 1/ she loses consciousness. 2/ Lina's possession takes a toll on Miharu and she has to undo it right after she summoned. 3/ Lina/Miharu is proper battle force, but she's limited and new, at most, she can do support. I just don't see her fighting on the front line, if she could, then she the transcendental could have handled things without having to hinder Rio's quest for info.

Second Celia, Gouki, Kayako, Aria, Sara, Alma, Ophia, Satsuki, Masato, lets even throw in a passing by Hiroaki, did I miss anyone? Hopefully not, now most people would probably say these guys can take down a golem, that they're a force to be reckoned with. I say Aishia-sama can curb stomp all of these guys fighting her together without even trying, yes Celia included, and that Aishia was raising alarm bells from either Reiss maryoku or his golems'. Remember this bunch had trouble fighting a champion killer in vol 19, Sora killed one - whom she called a weakling slightly stronger than other weaklings - in one punch style. See, Sora thinks that thing and minotaur and goblin are the same level, meaning she also groups all the girls and gouki et al in that category. There might be differences between a golem and the dragon king's familiar but still they all are on a league of their own. And no, Celia isn't that level, she fought equally with Gouki, had she used magic too, I think she would have won, but that's her league, her power level is around Gouki and Aria.

Third would be Rio Aishia and Sora. I'd say assimilated Rio and Aishia go all out while Sora is tasked with making absolute sure the girls are kept safe if something passes Rio. But what about the rules? Lina might have summoned them abruptly to bypass the rules, it's not by their will that Rio and Sora are there, so they can self defend at will, also the enemy being golems unaffected by the rules most likely means that golems aren't counted as people, against Rio this property backfires, because it doesn't mean that the golems can kill him however they want, it means Rio can decimate them at will.

Then the other side, Reiss, as scared of walking into Lina's trap as he was, he actually walked into it thinking "if there is transcendental, we'll find out", so this is what he wants, to fish her out. Now remember why Reiss went there. To kill Celia and if possible Aishia. And remember what reaction Reiss had just to Celia using ancient magic. Now if he sees Lina/Miharu, Reiss is, logically speaking, not pulling any stops to kill her, I believe we will get Reiss unbounding himself and going all out along the golems, although it seems like he maybe can't go full power outside the dungeon, we'll probably see the pinnacle of Reiss in this battle.

Last edited by hihoperorin; 2023-08-01 at 17:55.
Old 2023-08-02, 11:20   Link #4652
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldigoad View Post
YURI REALLY COOKED THIS VOLUME!!(altho I am sure a certain someone will find a way to nitpick on this vol, cough cough Roberto cough cough
not really, I don't hate the series just for the sake of it, when yuri does things right I admit it, it's just that usually yuri does everything wrong, this time and because of the spoilers I've read, this volume is one of the best in a long time It even seems to have been written by someone else, cuz i cant believe yuri wrote something actually decent and worth reading.

I'll give my full opinion once I read the summary, but for now it seems to be one of the best volumes to date,
Old 2023-08-03, 07:12   Link #4653
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Surprising. Roberto didn't bitch about a volume for once.

@Xan and Hihoperorin: You both make really good points.

I'm reading the summary now. I wonder if Reiss really doesn't realize that Rio is the Dragon King's reincarnation. How will she react to that if and when she finds out? She seems to think that just because Rio doesn't recognize her, he isn't the Dragon King, but it seems like the possibility that he just doesn't have his memories of that world because he reincarnated outside and then reincarnated back there hasn't crossed her mind at all (I guess it *is* too out there for someone to be able to just think of it, though).
Old 2023-08-04, 09:04   Link #4654
BCMan5388

Season 2 of the anime is set for 2024, according to the anime's Twitter account.

No word yet on when exactly, but I'm hoping for anything but the Fall.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-04, 10:27   Link #4655
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
Season 2 of the anime is set for 2024, according to the anime's Twitter account.

No word yet on when exactly, but I'm hoping for anything but the Fall.
The minianime of Celia is airing again, if that is something to go by the anime should start in five to six weeks from now.
Old 2023-08-12, 15:20   Link #4656
jagt

Wiki updated.
Old 2023-08-12, 16:12   Link #4657
Gladion-Official
Gladion

Nice, thanks Jagt!!!!
Gladion-Official is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-12, 20:19   Link #4658
Marco
A lazy reader.

Much appreciated, Jagt.
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 04:37   Link #4659
nik45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
Wiki updated.
Thanks a lot like always.
Also what exactly happened with Takahisa did he fully awake or got partially awakened? I didnt get the part about his flames turning black and what are your thoughts for Volume 25? Personally I think rules might get bended up to some extent for Rio. Its already been three years now we are into this arc.
nik45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 06:44   Link #4660
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik45 View Post
Thanks a lot like always.
Also what exactly happened with Takahisa did he fully awake or got partially awakened? I didnt get the part about his flames turning black and what are your thoughts for Volume 25? Personally I think rules might get bended up to some extent for Rio. Its already been three years now we are into this arc.
The book didn't show if Takahisa saw the same second dream Erika saw after her first death, so I can't say for sure if he awakened or not. The fire pillar that Takahisa used at the end seemed to be similar or bigger in scale to Renji's endless force blizzard, but unlike Renji Takahisa didn't need a geek chant or seemed to need to gather his magic power for as long as him either, so I think it is safe to assume Takahisa is at the very least at Renji's level but still below Erika's. The book described the blackness of Takahisa's flames as his anger and hatred influencing his spirit arts but it didn't say a word about how that was possible.

About volume 25, the sentence in the preview of that volume “Then, I will correct the future that diverged”, obviously belonged to the voice that has been speaking to Miharu in dreams since volume 22. That woman is going to interfere or try to with Lina's plan in some way for sure. Aside from that right now I can't make any good guess about how things will play out.

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai