Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2014-04-04, 18:35   Link #161
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

KARRRRIIICCCHHHIIII!!!

Where have you been!!!???

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 18:59   Link #162
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Er...hiding?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 21:02   Link #163
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Eh? Unless he fantasize that he managed to crash his EX-Gear when he was making that pass towards Sheryl and Ranka, I don't see where that idea would come from.
Eh? I simply mean he is alive in the tv series but MIA in the movie. I don't see how you come up with an idea that he crashes his EX-Gear...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 23:26   Link #164
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

haha, i was about to say: unless my memory has failed miserably, i'm pretty sure he flew by Sheryl and Ranka in the final scene of the tv series (also turning towards the side Sheryl was on..)

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 03:06   Link #165
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Eh? I simply mean he is alive in the tv series but MIA in the movie. I don't see how you come up with an idea that he crashes his EX-Gear...
Your phrasing was such that it could be read that you thought he was dead at the end of the series. But after reading it again, I noticed that it could be read the other way around, too, so my apologies.
Old 2014-04-05, 16:51   Link #166
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
(also turning towards the side Sheryl was on..)
That sentence was the last straw and I still can't believe I became a member in animesuki just because of that

my first post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=738

I thought it would be a short stay so that's why my account name is justavisitor, and the rest is histroy...

It would be so weird if majority of Sheryl's fans and I happen to cheer for the same girl in the new Macross TV series

@magnuskn
It's fine, the most important thing is to make our points clear, sorry for any misunderstanding
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2014-04-06, 10:24   Link #167
darkplataform

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
That sentence was the last straw and I still can't believe I became a member in animesuki just because of that

my first post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=738

I thought it would be a short stay so that's why my account name is justavisitor, and the rest is histroy...

It would be so weird if majority of Sheryl's fans and I happen to cheer for the same girl in the new Macross TV series

@magnuskn
It's fine, the most important thing is to make our points clear, sorry for any misunderstanding
I'm not sure why nobody (or myself) answered this years ago even though its really simple, but you know how to catch a person, right? When you extend your right arm, means you are going for something in the left side.

Unless you want to see Ranka's wrist and/or elbow crack in at least 2 places. Mmm.... maybe that's why nobody replied.
Old 2014-04-06, 12:17   Link #168
Darthtabby

Guys, let's not get into arguments about Frontier here, okay? Keep the focus on the new show.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 13:16   Link #169
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Unless and until the new TV series makes any references towards it, the ending (!!) of Macross Frontier is both irrelevant to this thread and inappropriately spoilerific. Yes, that includes the "wich gurl won" conversation too.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 14:23   Link #170
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplataform View Post
maybe that's why nobody replied.
I don't know why you have that assumption, but there was actually a reply right after my first post...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...38#post1936538

Anyway, as others have stated, we should focus on the new series...

Any news when we will get a more in depth info or new trailer?
Old 2014-04-06, 16:08   Link #171
magnuskn

Probably not before the second half of the year, probably later in it.

Pure guesswork on my part, however.
Old 2014-04-06, 18:27   Link #172
Frontier

Maybe around the end of Nobunaga The Fool, considering that's Kawamori's latest mecha series with Satelight?
Old 2014-04-07, 22:29   Link #173
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Sorry I'm late to the party. You guys think that Macross 30 game that came out last year might get mentioned in this upcoming series? Also my thoughts can be summed up as such:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 23:59   Link #174
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Maybe around the end of Nobunaga The Fool, considering that's Kawamori's latest mecha series with Satelight?
His latest series with Satelight is upcoming M3, although he is only designing the mechas there
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 19:46   Link #175
Gundam8

Humanity after space war one four only 2 billion on earth survive after bombardment but in macross frontier guide book or novels turns out to be 4 billion than went to cloning to increase population for colonization the push
Gundam8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 11:19   Link #176
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam8 View Post
Humanity after space war one four only 2 billion on earth survive after bombardment but in macross frontier guide book or novels turns out to be 4 billion than went to cloning to increase population for colonization the push
You are probably referring to the utterly misinterpreted Wikipedia article, which is incorrect. Original source material made it plainly clear, well over 99% of humanity lost their lives. There were around 900 thousand survivors, including the slightly over 10 thousand or so survivors on-board the Macross. In DYRL, the situation was worse, with the crews and residents of Macross being the only survivors.

If humanity still had billions of lives around, then there would not have been a need for cloning in such a rapid pace as they did immediately after Space War I.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2014-04-09, 11:41   Link #177
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The question would be how many Zentradi were added to the human population after the war, before the cloning.
Old 2014-04-09, 12:07   Link #178
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The question would be how many Zentradi were added to the human population after the war, before the cloning.
Eight million. The ratio between Z & H was about 8:1. Of course, (a lot) more would be added along the way as humanity expands. Not surprisingly, the current supreme military commander of NUNS is one rather famous Zentradi.

Moreover, Zentradi clone too (they are also borderline ageless/immortal), perhaps significantly more so than humanity. Thus far, there aren't any source to indicate that they have stopped the process, while humanity already ended the practice.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2014-04-09 at 14:28.
Old 2014-04-10, 16:39   Link #179
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well those huge numbers of (micro) Zentradi would fill up the "human" ranks for all these colony ships while still having a population on Earth.

Though going from 7 billion (plus many millions to billions of Zentradi) down to 9 million people seems like a disaster waiting to happen for the combined species. The cloning must have filling in at least part of that massive population drop to allow the chance of full colonial expansion to the level they seem to be doing in Macross with over 25 city sized colony ships spreading out. One can almost imagine, that every ship has the same people on it, 1 clone batch per colony with a little mixing and matching for flavor, with a few hundred or so original humans and Zentradi per fleet.
Old 2014-04-10, 17:11   Link #180
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The cloning must have filling in at least part of that massive population drop to allow the chance of full colonial expansion to the level they seem to be doing in Macross with over 25 city sized colony ships spreading out. One can almost imagine, that every ship has the same people on it, 1 clone batch per colony with a little mixing and matching for flavor, with a few hundred or so original humans and Zentradi per fleet.
There are actually hundreds (if not thousands) of colonial ships in existence as of Macross Frontier. Macross 25/Frontier was the 25th vessel of one colonial series, whereas Macross 7 was the 37th colonial fleet of that particular series. The 117th research fleet is another example. In Macross 7, Zentradi Miclones also had their own colonial fleet in the form of Macross 5.

Inter-specie union is quite common, if Macross PLUS and Seven are anything to go by. And in Frontier... Zentradi went moe...

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2014-04-10 at 18:16.