AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-02-19, 18:09   Link #561
yuiichi9

Then it would have been better if the citizens of amidonia ask for help from any country except Elfrieden. There should be intelligent people in other countries.

Quote:
The moment People/Citizen of Amidonia kicked Julius out, they already were considered not part of the Treaty (since it was the ruling power that had signed the Treaty, not the People/Citizen of Amidonia)
This doesn't have to do anything here since Elfrieden sent reinforecements before julius was exile. This story keep reaching new lows as it progress. Maybe they want to be one of the worst anime of this year.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 18:12   Link #562
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
That's not even a remotely relevant comparison... Souma sent troops into a literal civil war.
I didn't make that example relating to what Souma did.

I made it based on what was Amidonia's position in the Treaty during the whole Coup/Revolt.

What i was referring was, since the People of Amidonia revolted and kicked Julius out. The Treaty that Amidonia's Royal Family had signed had been somewhat neutralized, since they one who had signed it had lost his power. And because of Clause 2 of Treaty, Empire couldn't take action here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
Then it would have been better if the citizens of amidonia ask for help from any country except Elfrieden. There should be intelligent people in other countries.
People were suffering from oppression for many years and then had a taste of "Freedom" for some months under Souma's Rule, before going back to how things were.

They couldn't trust the Empire, as it was them who brought Julius back in power (in the same sense, they couldn't ask for help from Eastern Union either, as they had signed the Treaty as well).

While all the other surrounding nations were seeing the whole Coup/Revolt situation in Amidonia as a chance and trying to takeover its land (they had been trying to do that regularly for years, but had failed).

In all this, the People of Amidonia would obviously go towards the one person who had helped and provided them Freedom, and that would be Souma.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 18:17   Link #563
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
That's not even a remotely relevant comparison... Souma sent troops into a literal civil war.
That last bit there is the crux of the issue though. The way the treaty was written, civil war and rebellion is both a rightful act that must be respected and supported and an illegal act that must be stopped. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And as for "why didn't the Empire attack them?", who's to say that the empire ISN'T going to do something? As you may recall, it took a while before the Empire stepped in before. Their main forces are quite a ways away and occupied with more important matters, so it takes time to send troops out to deal with a situation.

And why the heck would the citizens ask help from anyone but Elfrieden? Elfrieden is the nation that saved them from tyranny, and showed them how much prosperity they could achieve. Their alternatives are a theocracy built around a church that's implied to not be universal, a nation that's even more desperate than they are, and a country that's made a point of being strictly neutral. Elfrieden's their best bet by far.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 18:20   Link #564
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
What i was referring was, since the People of Amidonia revolted and kicked Julius out. The Treaty that Amidonia's Royal Family had signed had been somewhat neutralized, since they one who had signed it had lost his power. And because of Clause 2 of Treaty, Empire couldn't take action here.
We're not talking about a peaceful transfer of government, and it still doesn't make sense that Souma didn't even consult the empire considering IIRC the entire country still hadn't fallen when troops were sent.

Obviously it makes Souma look good and Roroa probably wanted to keep the country together but the entire situation seems inconsistent, and is deserving of criticism IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
The way the treaty was written, civil war and rebellion is both a rightful act that must be respected and supported and an illegal act that must be stopped.
All I'm saying is that the empire should have had a say in dispatching foreign troops to a sovereign nation thus affecting the outcome. They have the fucking batphone, its bizarre they didn't use it at all.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 18:28   Link #565
yuiichi9

Quote:
All I'm saying is that the empire should have had a say in dispatching foreign troops to a sovereign nation thus affecting the outcome. They have the fucking batphone, its bizarre they didn't use it at all.
This.

Author forcing a good development of souma. As if all the nations surrounding amidonia(except Elfrieden) are not good for the citizens of amidonia to rely on. Souma the chosen one. This is worse than a shounen and overpower main character story that has poor quality.

The story would be better if souma would have arrive to an apocalyptic world cause by the wars between countries. Wonder if souma would have been praise as an "intelligent" person would he had done similar things. Logical outcome souma would have been imprison or kill by a country because of suspicion of him being a spy of a country.

Last edited by yuiichi9; 2022-02-19 at 19:03.
Old 2022-02-19, 19:55   Link #566
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I don't know why this series inspires so much hostility but in the spirit of trashing waifus Roroa actually kind of seems like the best overall match for Souma so far.
Old 2022-02-19, 20:05   Link #567
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

The series doesn't inspire hostility, just the people trying to discuss it.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 20:06   Link #568
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
This.

Author forcing a good development of souma. As if all the nations surrounding amidonia(except Elfrieden) are not good for the citizens of amidonia to rely on. Souma the chosen one. This is worse than a shounen and overpower main character story that has poor quality.

The story would be better if souma would have arrive to an apocalyptic world cause by the wars between countries. Wonder if souma would have been praise as an "intelligent" person would he had done similar things. Logical outcome souma would have been imprison or kill by a country because of suspicion of him being a spy of a country.
I'd say it's not so much "Souma the Chosen", as "Elfrieden the Promised Land". Sure, it looks better now because Souma helped fix it up, but they chose Elfrieden over the other lands at least as much because there are issues with choosing the others. And it's not setting the other countries up as "bad", just different in ways that would make it politically more difficult to negotiate such things. I didn't get the impression at all that the other nations were being described as inferior to Elfrieden, much less inferior due to poor leadership. They're just different in ways that on a diplomatic level create potential problems that would make things difficult. Of all the neighbors you have, why would you ask Switzerland to be your ally?

One really big thing though is that Amidonia just finished a war where they themselves had "aided" a rebellion with the explicit purpose of wearing the country down and then robbing them of as much territory as they could take. If they're going to open themselves to the exact same possible betrayal, the one they're most familiar with and that had treated them fairly even after such behavior is just a safer bet than countries they'd generally paid less attention to out of their obsession with Elfrieden.

And honestly, I don't get what you're saying in the last paragraph. It sounds like you're saying it'd be better if it was an entirely different story, like saying that a Sherlock Holmes story would be much better if it was a romantic comedy instead. And then going on to say that in said romantic comedy Sherlock would humiliate himself and die alone. Why would an author who wants to write a story about a guy helping a kingdom in debt instead write a story about a world that's already too far gone to do anything about it where the hero is immediately imprisoned and set to be executed?

And stray, I'm glad that, for all our differences, we can at least agree that Souma and Roroa make a great pair.
Old 2022-02-19, 20:26   Link #569
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
This statement makes no sense. Why would they ask another nation for help when they have a perfectly good option right in front of them. They know the Elfrieden rulers are benevolent. They have proof as they didn't even try to exploit the people or steal resources from a conquered capital. Why would they risk asking another nation, whom they don't know will be as kind.

Quote:
I'd say it's not so much "Souma the Chosen", as "Elfrieden the Promised Land". Sure, it looks better now because Souma helped fix it up, but they chose Elfrieden over the other lands at least as much because there are issues with choosing the others. And it's not setting the other countries up as "bad", just different in ways that would make it politically more difficult to negotiate such things.
The story would be entirely different and boring if Souma had been sent off to Gran Chaos, a functioning Empire with a competent leader. Elfrieden works because it was in its last stages before societal rebellion and collapse.

To be honest, Souma is not that impressive, hell, most calm, reasonable, logical people could have done what he did (minus the weird Machiavelli quotes, seriously, this world doesn't know who he is), not as well since he seems to have a background in higher education over his policy changes.

Quote:
And honestly, I don't get what you're saying in the last paragraph. It sounds like you're saying it'd be better if it was an entirely different story. Why would an author who wants to write a story about a guy helping a kingdom in debt instead write a story about a world that's already too far gone to do anything about it where the hero is immediately imprisoned and set to be executed?
To add onto that, why would a country summon someone from another world, then immediately execute him as a spy?
Old 2022-02-19, 20:36   Link #570
Strahan

Roroa is the second harem member that at least makes perfect sense. First was the main squeeze (can't recall her name now lol) and that's obvious as it tied him to the royal family of the nation. Similarly with Roroa, it's a blood link to the Amidonian line and grants him a lot of legitimization with their push into Amidonia.

Though given the last I saw of her she was saying stuff like "Souma won't have his way" I'm suspicious about her endgame.

Quote:
I'm saying is that the empire should have had a say in dispatching foreign troops to a sovereign nation thus affecting the outcome. They have the fucking batphone, its bizarre they didn't use it at all.
That's what I was thinking, I kept waiting for a scene with him talking to the hottie empress lol. It's like, even if the empire has no say or involvement with the situation due to the different circumstances, considering just x months ago they butted heads over a similar thing I'd at least keep them apprised of the situation as it develops. I'd rather they hear what is going on from me than the grapevine.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 20:41   Link #571
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
That's what I was thinking, I kept waiting for a scene with him talking to the hottie empress lol. It's like, even if the empire has no say or involvement with the situation due to the different circumstances, considering just x months ago they butted heads over a similar thing I'd at least keep them apprised of the situation as it develops. I'd rather they hear what is going on from me than the grapevine.
The "hottie empress" doesn't need to know or be involved simply because what Souma is doing doesn't violate the Alliance Treaty, also, who knows, maybe he's already discussed it with her and the anime just cut the scene, god knows they've done that enough times already.
Old 2022-02-19, 21:14   Link #572
grecefar

politics huh?

I'm here wondering if carla has magic to hide her wings or how she sleep with them...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 21:24   Link #573
Decel

Better than last episode.

I also wonder why they didn't consult with the Empire before doing this. I assume the other nations aren't part of the treaty?
Old 2022-02-19, 21:32   Link #574
yuiichi9

Quote:
I said this in case a nation that wasn't the one that summon him could do to him. I've never had seen or read about a isekai story where the technology is far more advanced than the world the main character comes from thus making his technology knowledge useless in the new world. Its like people are incapable of creating something like this. All we got is stories like this where people praise the main character as "intelligent" when he is using his common knowledge.
Old 2022-02-19, 21:35   Link #575
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
I've never had seen or read about a isekai story where the technology is far more advanced than the world the main character comes from thus making his technology knowledge useless in the new world. Its like people are incapable of creating something like this. All we got is stories like this where people praise the main character as "intelligent" when he is using his common knowledge.
Go write one then.
Old 2022-02-19, 21:56   Link #576
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Though given the last I saw of her she was saying stuff like "Souma won't have his way" I'm suspicious about her endgame.
I think that had more to do with the fact Souma only wanted Van yet in the end had to take all of Amidonia.

Last edited by stray; 2022-02-19 at 22:09.
Old 2022-02-19, 21:59   Link #577
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
This statement makes no sense. Why would they ask another nation for help when they have a perfectly good option right in front of them. They know the Elfrieden rulers are benevolent. They have proof as they didn't even try to exploit the people or steal resources from a conquered capital. Why would they risk asking another nation, whom they don't know will be as kind.

The story would be entirely different and boring if Souma had been sent off to Gran Chaos, a functioning Empire with a competent leader. Elfrieden works because it was in its last stages before societal rebellion and collapse.

To be honest, Souma is not that impressive, hell, most calm, reasonable, logical people could have done what he did (minus the weird Machiavelli quotes, seriously, this world doesn't know who he is), not as well since he seems to have a background in higher education over his policy changes.

To add onto that, why would a country summon someone from another world, then immediately execute him as a spy?
Yeah, probably plenty of people with a moderate education in economics and a good head on their shoulders could pull it off. Doesn't mean it's not fun. But I too could really do with less of Machiavelli. Or, maybe, sometime several volumes later have him wryly admit that while it can be used this way, he does realize really the guy was just exposing the dirty tricks of the bastard that took over his city.

Also, I do believe I've seen at least one series about a guy transported to a hyper-advanced world. Specifically, Dual Parallel Adventures. At the least it's major advanced in some ways; I know for a fact that isekai'd into a mecha series is a thing. Would be cool to have someone transported to an advanced world that's advanced technologically rather than magically, I'll admit. Maybe it's not done more because it's kind of redundant. If it's about you ending up trapped in an alien world with crazy technology from which you can't escape, it's kind of simpler to just make it an "alien world" instead. I mean, all Isekai is is a method to take the hero and put him in a place that's completely alien to him and that works in ways that he doesn't understand. Jumping into the future or past, or going into outer space, can achieve the same ends.

And yeah, I too suspect that that's what Roroa was getting at. Also fits with the way that after that they started to notice some "outside will" guiding things in certain directions, leading ultimately to the annex. She wanted him to take every last one of her people whether he liked it or not. Part of why I like her partnership with him. I like pairings between devious men and schemers and girls that're clever enough to outmaneuver them. It's just too fun seeing them gradually realize that for the first time, they have no chance of getting the upper hand.
Old 2022-02-19, 23:40   Link #578
Tenzen12

Quote:
Except that's literally not true. By time Souma sent reinforcement there was no civil war anymore. Amidonias rebels defeated Julius on their own and country was completely unified under new leadership already.
Old 2022-02-20, 02:05   Link #579
Lex79

Quote:
I said this in case a nation that wasn't the one that summon him could do to him. I've never had seen or read about a isekai story where the technology is far more advanced than the world the main character comes from thus making his technology knowledge useless in the new world. Its like people are incapable of creating something like this. All we got is stories like this where people praise the main character as "intelligent" when he is using his common knowledge.
If you want to watch a story where the protagonist is made miserable, useless and ridiculed after being summoned in another world, I can only suggest you to stop watching this one, because this series is all about Souma being successful and you're guaranteed to not like it.
Old 2022-02-20, 02:22   Link #580
Tenzen12

Everyone wants their fictional protagonist succeed and it's author job make it either believable or cool enough that noone cares how it's done.