AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-11-28, 08:11   Link #1241
Ultragunner

Australia just turned to the 29th of November, and Ebgames did a midnight launch (praise the time zone!!), so see you guys in a sec....wait, we still need to install several GBs of day 1 patch, right?
.... GODDAMNITTTT!!!!!
Old 2016-11-28, 08:48   Link #1242
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I bought the digital edition and it's a 52Gb download. Whoa.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 10:36   Link #1243
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Australia just turned to the 29th of November, and Ebgames did a midnight launch (praise the time zone!!), so see you guys in a sec....wait, we still need to install several GBs of day 1 patch, right?
.... GODDAMNITTTT!!!!!
I think there are 7.2GB and 8GB patches.

Metacritic score - currently at 86.
Opencritic score - currently at 84.

One more thing: Did they skipped VI in countdown to release? ...SE hating FF6 confirmed.

Edit:
Reading NeoGaf and GameFAQs forums it's so fun... so 8/10 is bad score now
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 11:52   Link #1244
Ultragunner

quick first impression: the battle system seems much MUCH more solid than I thought, it feels easier to control and navigate around, though it might be a bit way too convoluted at first due to the sheer number of stuffs that get dumped onto us in the tutorial
But it seems like Tabata has put those fan feedback into good use

Well then, so long folks!!! I'll see ya soon
Old 2016-11-28, 11:55   Link #1245
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
I think there are 7.2GB and 8GB patches.

Metacritic score - currently at 86.
Opencritic score - currently at 84.

One more thing: Did they skipped VI in countdown to release? ...SE hating FF6 confirmed.
if you are talking about how they are releasing 7 before
that really isn't the case even Nomura regrets the fact they are doing 7 before 6 but understands that it is currently the better business decision but i also heard that he said as soon as he is finished with 7 and kh3 he will be remaking 6

Quote:
Edit:
Reading NeoGaf and GameFAQs forums it's so fun... so 8/10 is bad score now
for a normal game no for a game that's been hyped to this extent with a fanbase like final fantasy's still no but the fanbase will treat it as such
Old 2016-11-28, 13:32   Link #1246
Kafriel
Senior Guest

This is the most ambiguous title I've met this past decade - some people say it's got an epic battle system but a crap ending, while others say that the gameplay is mediocre but THAT ENDING THO! Another part claims that driving around the world is awesome, yet there are also people who say the sidequests are MMO-level boring.

I honestly have no idea what to expect out of this game, even after finishing its demo, because, reportedly, the final product is miles ahead of it.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 17:23   Link #1247
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
This is the most ambiguous title I've met this past decade - some people say it's got an epic battle system but a crap ending, while others say that the gameplay is mediocre but THAT ENDING THO! Another part claims that driving around the world is awesome, yet there are also people who say the sidequests are MMO-level boring.

I honestly have no idea what to expect out of this game, even after finishing its demo, because, reportedly, the final product is miles ahead of it.
Don't expect anything. Let your playing do the talking. I never take seriously what anyone else says. Far too many people like to complain just for the sake of complaining.
Old 2016-11-28, 18:03   Link #1248
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Don't expect anything. Let your playing do the talking. I never take seriously what anyone else says. Far too many people like to complain just for the sake of complaining.
That's all well and good for people who are already getting it, but that's not really something someone who's unsure whether or not to buy it can do.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 20:30   Link #1249
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's all well and good for people who are already getting it, but that's not really something someone who's unsure whether or not to buy it can do.
They can do something actually, if they wanna play it they get it, if they are unsure of throwing money at it then simply get it when it's alot cheaper(people say they can't wait but really they can, just that they are feeble minded and should be ignored if they start causing a fuss)

I don't give a crap about what anyone says, I've been waiting for this damn game for 10 years and I'm gonna play it from start to finish no matter how it turns out.
Could the money I paid for it be a huge waste, yes indeed but thats the same for every game I buy.

Oh and if anyone says "I can't wait cause spoilers will be everywhere!"
Bullshit, it's piss easy to avoid them, I've avoided a great deal of news about this game over the past years and actually know very little of whats to come.
I could only tell you the characters I know are Noctis and ones from Kingsglaive, thats it.
Old 2016-11-28, 20:37   Link #1250
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Spoiler for Mysteric disk spoiler, my freaking sides:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 20:58   Link #1251
cyberdemon

My stupid local gamestop decided NOT to do a midnight release. Local walmart won't either. I work all day tomorrow and with the downloading and patching I'll be lucky to play it at all during Nov.
Old 2016-11-28, 22:00   Link #1252
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Still downloading on mine.

On any case most reviewers agree that the technical and visual artistry is top notch. They also agree that the story could have used more work and tightening.

The one thing that doesn't have a consensus however is the characterization. It seems divided squarely in half where one finds the 4 MCs fantastic in their chemistry while others find them generic.

No matter what though this is a broventure broadtrip I've been waiting for 10 years.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-11-28 at 22:19.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 22:25   Link #1253
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

After wasting the whole day debating with myself on whether I wanted this or not, I finally caved and bought it.

Guess we'll see how it goes?
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 01:03   Link #1254
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I bought the digital edition and it's a 52Gb download. Whoa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
My stupid local gamestop decided NOT to do a midnight release. Local walmart won't either. I work all day tomorrow and with the downloading and patching I'll be lucky to play it at all during Nov.
I feel you, I just got home and wanted to dive on into the world of XV but nope that must wait for a walloping 51.8 GB update
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 07:25   Link #1255
Tormenk

How much does Kingsglaive help in understanding the story? Need help deciding if I'm getting the deluxe edition for that.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 09:50   Link #1256
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
How much does Kingsglaive help in understanding the story? Need help deciding if I'm getting the deluxe edition for that.
From what I understand, something happens off screen early in the game, I won't spoil what it is, though if you been following the game's development chances are you've heard about it, and Kingsglaive shows what actually took place.

Anyways, my game should arrive tomorrow.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 10:34   Link #1257
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd say with the sheer amount of demos, detailed talks about the evolution of the battle system and other promotional things, you pretty much know whether you want this game or not by now, or you were looking for an excuse to jump ship, and needed to justify cutting yourself off imo.

They've never been this honest about an FF before, with this amount of detail, they literally have their balls hanging out this time, waiting for the chopping block. Earlier games had Square going almost totally dark beyond a flashy trailer until the very last couple of months, with even then most info being in Japanese with fewer fan translators, these days we have a deluge of info. People have honestly said they have felt better only having their headcanon about how an FF is going into a launch, so take what fans say with a grain of salt.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 10:58   Link #1258
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
From what I understand, something happens off screen early in the game, I won't spoil what it is, though if you been following the game's development chances are you've heard about it, and Kingsglaive shows what actually took place.
I haven't really been following much at all, but I have a feeling I know what it is because of the stupid commercial during... forget if it was football or Supergirl. The one that promised an early look and then only showed about 4 seconds of gameplay with 40 seconds of random kids running around a forest.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 13:53   Link #1259
ShifuGamer

Spoiler for I loved everything, but this one thing made me dislike it.:
ShifuGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 18:43   Link #1260
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
^ Well, shit.

Spoiler for Response for Big Spoilers:

I think I'm still going to buy this game, just probably not till the New year now. Besides I have too many games that I haven't played as is

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote