AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-03, 16:06   Link #161
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
lies. Tsubaki wouldn't be a dm. he'd be a winger, hence his number.
He plays in the same position as Murakoshi (the running test was according to position).

In the second half, the forward was Sera (20), the offensively oriented midfield players were Tamba (14, left winger), Miyano (18, right winger), Gino (10) and Zaki (15) in the center, leaving the defensive roles (volantes) to Murakoshi (6, right) and Tsubaki (7, left). Sera and Tamba were later replaced because they ran too much.
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 21:22   Link #162
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

no, the fact that he was matched up with Murakoshi during the game, when he out stripped him, meant he was playing some sort of attacking role. during the current game, and even during the practice with Gino, he was playing an attacking role. he's a winger.

they wouldn't make an anime about a defensive midfielder. it wouldn't be exciting. #7 denotes a winger. 5 and 6 are for defensive players. i don't think the producers would mess that up, given their target audience.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 21:51   Link #163
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep5 "omoshiroi" translation:
Spoiler for 5:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 04:16   Link #164
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
To be honest, I was really surprised to when I see Tsubaki as a DM, and it's actually not explicitly stated in the subs, rather it's in the manga. It does fit though, not basd from the running test but his position in the match is in the same line as Murakoshi and he did mark Mochida. Despite all that, it's very possible that in the first half formation of 4-5-1, he played a winger or attacking midfielder, but since there's a substitution in that position he goes a bit back to take a more defensive position. Also, I see the series revolving more around Tatsumi, so saying that it's an anime about defensive midfielder is incorrect, and personally I can see him easily change his position to a winger, it's not that hard.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 07:01   Link #165
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

A winger and a DM skills are totally totally TOTALLY different between each other.. And to see a winger to suddenly switch into a DM or viceversa are totally o_O... But Tatsumi indeed appoint him and Murakoshi as the DM during the half time team talk so *shrugs*

Hopefully we get a better look at the team line up more later on.. >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 12:05   Link #166
destiny4everlove

Episode 5

Another awesome episode!

- I must admit that at the beginning of the series I wasn’t a huge fan of the opening song, I mean I didn’t dislike it but I wasn’t a big fan of it either, but now I so like it! It gets me all excited and ready to watch the episode.

- So the final result was 2-2. But I’m still very happy with the result , since the result still shows the important fact that ETU is not a weak team against which you can win easily anymore.

- Tatsumi is such an awesome motivational speaker , he knows what and how to say the things the players need to hear when they need to hear them.

- Tsubaki…I was thrilled when he took the ball away from Mochida…but…he really needs to pay more attention to what he is doing, maybe if Baki wouldn’t have interfered ETU’s goalkeeper might have had a bigger chance to save the ball. I feel bad for Baki, because he was only trying to help his team win but it all backfired on him.

- Gino…he is very talented but as it was said in one of the previous episodes, he just does want he wants, so he is not reliable.

- Murakoshi and Tatsu’s conversation in the end was very cool. Tatsu reminded Murakoshi once again that he doesn’t need to worry about tactics and stuff because that is Tatsumi’s job; the only thing he needs to worry about is to give his 100% as a player during the game and play passionately as he did during the last five minutes of the game. It was also nice of Tatsu to make Murakoshi remember to enjoy the game, to remember the happy chants and faces on the fans and on his friends/teammates’ faces.

Since now the anime is all caught up with the manga, I’m going to read the manga and enjoy all the little details that I’m sure were omitted in the anime. ^_^

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
destiny4everlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 21:39   Link #167
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i still don't believe that Tsubaki is a DM. in the OP it shows him running by players on the left side, and his build and skillset are more indicative of a box to box midfielder or a winger. i'm going to bet that he'll be moved there eventually. either way, i can't believe the producers would shit on a convention as stringent as winger = 7... i'm disappointed.

anywho, about the ep: we get insight on how Tatsumi thinks. that's the best thing to come out of this episode.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 09:41   Link #168
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Just watched eps 5...

Tsubaki is a DM?? WTF??
He is not suited to be DM.. He is a winger or forward.
Hopefully he become a DM just for this match.

I think i understand ETU formation.

4-5-1
4 Defender
2 DM (in this case, Murakoshi and Tsubaki)
3 Attacking Midfields, with Gino as their playmaker, + Tamba & Zaki
1 Forward (#20 Sera)

Yeah, so that's why Murakoshi is being slow. He tends to overthink something.
Tatsumi stripped that out of him, and suggest that he only focus on playing...

Kinda see Tatsumi like Edgar Davids now...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 10:25   Link #169
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

THAT bulldog?

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-05-05, 10:48   Link #170
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I think tsubaki not a DM, more like free-role player.
But maybe he only became DM for this match, considering Tatsumi want to expose the hole on Victory's midfield.

Tsubaki will put on anywhere Tatsumi want from now
Old 2010-05-05, 11:35   Link #171
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
I think tsubaki not a DM, more like free-role player.
But maybe he only became DM for this match, considering Tatsumi want to expose the hole on Victory's midfield.

Tsubaki will put on anywhere Tatsumi want from now
Yeah, I think it's something like this. It's possible that Murakoshi act as a single DM on the first half's 4-5-1 formation, and Tsubaki played as a winger. However, with the formation change in half time a winger is substituted in Tsubaki's position, and with only 3 defenders they need 2 DMs. Why would Tsubaki be chosen as a second DM is not really explained, but I agree that it's very possible that it's probably just temporary and he'll be back as offensive midfielder next match (of course, after he sorted out his mental issues, worsened by this match's blunder).
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 12:38   Link #172
king12354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Sure it does. Very often reserves are younger and have less miles on the tires, so to speak. Fresher legs and bigger lung capacity.

Reserves are the lesser skilled players, not the youngest. I don't watch soccer but it's the same for any sport.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 00:27   Link #173
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Reserves are the lesser skilled players, not the youngest. I don't watch soccer but it's the same for any sport.
Very often the reserves are the youngest, in the belief that watching and learning for a year or two is the best apprenticeship. Almost every top club in Europe has one or two 18-20 year olds on their reserves list. Sure, there are has-beens snd never-was guys on the reserves, too - but I guarantee if you took the average age of the starters on the top clubs vs. the reserves, the reserves average at least a couple years younger.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 01:27   Link #174
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Very often the reserves are the youngest, in the belief that watching and learning for a year or two is the best apprenticeship. Almost every top club in Europe has one or two 18-20 year olds on their reserves list. Sure, there are has-beens snd never-was guys on the reserves, too - but I guarantee if you took the average age of the starters on the top clubs vs. the reserves, the reserves average at least a couple years younger.
I think things vary from sport to sport.

In major-league baseball and hockey, the teams in the top league have developmental teams in the next best league, so they like to have younger players spend their time there, where they can get playing time and hone their skills.

But in NFL football, there is usually a mix of lesser and younger players sitting on the bench for the big team, and just getting on the field from time to time, since the big clubs have no developmental teams. I suspect world football is more like this.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 03:29   Link #175
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Football team often consist of two team.

Main team which is starting eleven with 10 - 13 subs.
2nd team like reserves, who is sometimes a development teams for younger player and a player that is not needed for main team.

In England, there consist 3 teams in one club.
Main team, Reserve team, and U-18 team.

And usually, people talented for football usually being scouted for club at age 15 up.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 05:44   Link #176
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
A winger and a DM skills are totally totally TOTALLY different between each other.. And to see a winger to suddenly switch into a DM or viceversa are totally o_O... But Tatsumi indeed appoint him and Murakoshi as the DM during the half time team talk so *shrugs*

Hopefully we get a better look at the team line up more later on.. >.<
I think the manager only wanted to teach him a lesson, and wanted to see how he responds to pressure.
Old 2010-05-07, 05:50   Link #177
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

If thats what he thinking of doing.. then he failed as manager, that is the most stupidest thing to do.. simple as that..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-05-07, 18:59   Link #178
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
If thats what he thinking of doing.. then he failed as manager, that is the most stupidest thing to do.. simple as that..
lol, so true...
But Tsubaki from the start is CMF, and being a DMF is not big shock for him anyway.
And from what I seeing, he assigned to man mark Mochida right from the start eh ?
Old 2010-05-08, 11:24   Link #179
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

He could of course be rotating the team to find their ideal position, formation can also cause this inconsistency in a players position too.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 04:02   Link #180
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Had a good laugh with ep 6, as they employed some foreign voice actors. What sounded like a native french speaker and a native dutch speaker (he sounds like the guy who had like 2 lines in champloo). Both of them also spoke english with french and dutch accent, which was fun to hear. Dispite them being native speakers tho, they spoke slow and monotone (even compared to their translators). I still have to commend Deen for trying.

On the subject of their translators though, I could hardly make out a word they were saying (Yeah I'm fluent in dutch and french). Even tatsumi's english sounds a far stretch from someone who spent 4-5 years abroad.

Oh yeah and they played soccer too. A team specialized in passing. Right. We'll see how it goes.
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, seinen, sports