AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-09-23, 11:50   Link #541
Kirayuki

The final dungeon theme "Phantasmal Blaze" also used the same mix.
Doesn't help that the dungeon design give the 3rd vibe too
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 01:23   Link #542
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

It's been a long time since I stayed up until dawn to play games but hoooboooy

Spoiler for The Finale!:

Spoiler for Divertissement:

Still at the beginning of epilogue chapter now and I still cant find answer to sooo many questions!
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 08:51   Link #543
marvelB

BTW, I dunno if anyone else brought it up yet, but.... it might not be a bad idea to do a 100% playthrough of NG+. Eventually, you'll come across some extra juicy plot details that you will not find in your first run through the game.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 12:17   Link #544
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Yep, I intend to get "it" (and I heard there's also new quest?) with unspeakable + magical alisa
Old 2016-09-28, 09:04   Link #545
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Finally done with the epilogue of this AMAZING JRPG!

Spoiler for Trails of Cold Steel II:

All in all, for me CS2 is a lot better than CSI. Hell, CS2 is my favourite in all of translated Trails series! It's a perfect combination of Xenogears, Suikoden, and Persona

Kudos to Xseed for bringing this game to wider audience, and their excellent choice for voice actors. Also for the beautiful addition to the ending!
Old 2016-09-30, 04:57   Link #546
Ringil

I'm not done with this game yet (Act2 Part3), but honestly this game is really easy in terms of difficulty, probably even easier than CS1. I'm playing a fresh New Game on nightmare and I haven't had a real challenge in a fight since Act 1 Chapter 1 when the first finish the fight in 40 turns challenge occurred.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 05:38   Link #547
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

After a break to play and reach the final dungeon of SMTIV: Apocalypse, looks like it's time to finally finish the game.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 03:58   Link #548
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
Finally done with the epilogue of this AMAZING JRPG!

Spoiler for Trails of Cold Steel II:

All in all, for me CS2 is a lot better than CSI. Hell, CS2 is my favourite in all of translated Trails series! It's a perfect combination of Xenogears, Suikoden, and Persona

Kudos to Xseed for bringing this game to wider audience, and their excellent choice for voice actors. Also for the beautiful addition to the ending!
Finished it last night and i have the same view as you, great post!

Really excited for Sen III now, and i'm trying to fight the urge to play Crossbell before 3rd gets localized.
Old 2016-10-03, 08:40   Link #549
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It is done. I actually teared up a bit like the rest of the cast when the final boss finally went down... and realized it was Class VII's final battle.

I'm guessing the mention that Erebonia's story isn't over is the same as how Crossbell and Liberl's stories aren't over either. Ouroborous is still slinking around in the background.

I'm still hoping for the grand finale where Erebonia, Liberl and Crossbell squads finally get together and end Ouroborous once and for all. A man can hope. I'm still debating if I'm going to give the eventual fan translation release of Zero a shot.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 09:07   Link #550
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Well they did mention that characters from previous games would show up in Sen III
Old 2016-10-03, 09:26   Link #551
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Yeah! Personally I can't wait until december when we not only got new info about Sen III but also fan-translate of Zero!

If that news/trailer(?) got me pumped so much, I might consider to PO the japanese one for collection, or at the very least finished the prologue

@Se7enSword : Now the question is whether they will be playable or just as important NPC.

Last edited by Aoi Toori; 2016-10-03 at 09:38.
Old 2016-10-03, 17:20   Link #552
ninja6398

So anyone want to start the speculation/theory train for CS3?
ninja6398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 19:55   Link #553
rladls2121

Right now I don't know what to expect.
But will there be Olivier Lenheim the Wandering Musician?
He often says Olivier is the real him after all.
Not the prince Olivert.

I wonder if Alfin has seen different side of her brother like how Estelle treats him and how he acts naturally towards Joshua and Schera?

Seeing Rufus like that at the end, it makes me wonder how awkward for Lloyd to meet Jusis if there's a chance?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-04, 09:07   Link #554
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Sen III speculation

Even though Kondo still considering Vita ver or not, I'm sure Kondo won't abandon Vita because it still has a strong fanbase and Tokyo Xanadu Vita sales was a lot better than PS4 ver.

Also about this battle/warfare pic :

I saw that some people think that will happen to nord highland. I also speculated that nord highland will suffer the collateral of erebonia-calvard conflict even before the pic leaked.

Spoiler:
Old 2016-10-04, 16:32   Link #555
ninja6398

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Right now I don't know what to expect.

Seeing Rufus like that at the end, it makes me wonder how awkward for Lloyd to meet Jusis if there's a chance?
That is true they let the cast split up so anything can happen to them, and there's the question of how Calvard will respond to the new Empire weapons. Then well a whole lot of other things to consider.

Hopefully it it'll only as awkward as Jusis's Celdic bonding event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
Sen III speculation

Even though Kondo still considering Vita ver or not, I'm sure Kondo won't abandon Vita because it still has a strong fanbase and Tokyo Xanadu Vita sales was a lot better than PS4 ver.

Spoiler:
Well a part of me wish they abandon the vita since it seems like its holding the game back, or at least do a Xanadu where the PS4 has extra content.

Yeah I definitely don't see Nord. I think it could be part 2 of the Civil war with Olivert's faction vs Osborne or an escalated conflict with Calvard and Erebonia.

Well here's a discussion idea how do you think each member in Class 7 are doing when 3 happens. Will Rean still be depressed, Will Laura finally beat Clause in a fight, etc.
ninja6398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 13:03   Link #556
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja6398 View Post
Well a part of me wish they abandon the vita since it seems like its holding the game back, or at least do a Xanadu where the PS4 has extra content.
Speaking as someone who's often too busy to get enough time to sit in front of a TV screen (as well as not having enough money to afford a PS4), I must respectfully disagree with the statement in bold, friend. Heck, during the past few years I've only been able to enjoy Falcom's wonderful products because they're such heavy supporters of the portable medium. That's why I truly do hope they don't abandon said medium anytime soon, otherwise it will be a very long time before I'm able to play Sen 3 after its release.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 21:50   Link #557
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

I have no probs with vita as long as both ver have same release date, unlike Tokyo Xanadu or Ys8. Also, maybe Falcom can follow Bamco with the 2 cartridges Gundam game if Sen III is as enormous as they stated in the interview.
Old 2016-10-23, 19:06   Link #558
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well I got the first game during th psn sale a couple of months back and I have now finished my first play through in 80h or so and all I can say is: OMG this game is freaking awesome! My mind is completely blown away by the ending. I was 100% no expecting this. When the last floor finished and that showed up I wasn't sure what to think.

Spoiler for CS1 ending:

Needless to say I was opening up Amazon and putting my order in for the sequel before the credits where even finished. Now I need to brace myself to get all those potential waifu endings that I missed. Not really thrilled to do the 7th floor boss fight again though :/
Old 2016-10-23, 20:45   Link #559
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Finished up at last. Boy, if you thought the "prologue" of the first game was comically time-consuming, wait til you see

Spoiler for ToCS2:

Somehow I missed a treasure chest or two somewhere, but there's always the Nightmare playthrough.

Trails games have mastered the combo punch of reveals. First they feint you with a reveal that you may have anticipated so that you settle in with that "I knew it!" feeling, and then, just when you feel comfortable that you're a clever kid, they'll hit you with one or two in succession that you never saw coming.

Overall I'm satisfied with 2 as a continuation. It may have been more illustrative of the product to go with the Trails in the Sky naming convention of calling the second game "Second Chapter" since there is a lot of reuse of locations and enemy types. This really only got disappointing when a few bosses returned which really ought to have been one-offs to keep them special. The fact that their skills and scripts were frequently identical to the previous game was a bit of a bummer.

On the plus side, the Shrines stand in for the crawling that was done in the Old Schoolhouse floors in game one, and I consider it an upgrade. The shrines had a bit more character to them, whereas I came to dread the monthly schoolhouse crawls in the first game.

There were some great new characters brought in, with Duvalie, Mcburn and Altina probably being the standouts to me. I thought that they also built the relationship with Rean and his family well.

NPC dialogue is probably the best I've seen in a localized Trails game, and that is saying a LOT. Laughed out loud at a lot of good quips, callbacks, and moments that would only make sense if you are a crazy person like me who talks to every NPC each time they have something new to say, and follows along with their stories. The attention to detail in even the most tertiary characters' narratives sets the Trails games apart, and this game is on point with that stuff.

I played both games on the Vita. Much like ToCS1 the second game chugs and drops frames noticeably during exceptionally busy panning shots (Heimdallr is bad for this,) and at least one large particle effect storm created by a huge boss' death throes. I never had any problems while actually controlling the game, and these slow-downs seemed restricted to a few cutscenes and scripted moments which taxed the hardware, so they never actually bothered me.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 17:28   Link #560
rladls2121

For some reason I would like to see Heiyue in the next game.
I really liked Cao Lee talking with Lloyd and the others from Zero, Ao and Sen II.
He was really entertaining.
Well it is unlikely for them to appear since they are more focused on Calvard.

Was there a reference about Revanche in Sen I and II?
Revanche was the criminal organization from Crossbell that used the weapons from Erebonia after all.
Revanche really gave Lloyd and the others see Erebonia's bad side.
Talking about that kind of topic to Class VII only makes them really feel bad about it.
And since Garcia from Revanche was one of the former comrades of West Wind Brigade after all.
Lloyd would let Fie visit Garcia if he knows about it.

Alisa's father, just who is he?
We still haven't heard why he is gone.
And he resembles someone from Zero no Kiseki.
I wonder if i'm right about if Alisa's father is someone who i think he is?

Last edited by rladls2121; 2016-10-24 at 17:55.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria