AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-06-27, 13:01   Link #261
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Nokia Lumia 800 LE, the best phone I have ever used no problems great battery life, fast OS and great touch screen.
Old 2012-06-27, 13:42   Link #262
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Currently using an Droid Incredible 2. Only complaint is the Verizon branding and demo apps you can't uninstall but I'm too lazy to flash it. Basically, as long as I can individualize my contacts and alarms with my own ring tones, pics, etc - its fine.

The Internet is not really meant to be seen through a 4" screen but its nice in a pinch. Functional standby time is several days between charging if I'm conservative on GPS, mp3, data usage. (I have an mp3 micro-player I tend to use for music anyway). I probably get the most play usage out of it when I'm sitting nearby in a clothing store while loli-wife futilely tries on clothing that will be too big because the sizes are lying and we'll have to go over to juniors.... where the sizes are too big because all the kids are fat blobs now :P
Old 2012-06-27, 14:35   Link #263
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Iphone 4s 16GB

Spoiler for Picture:
BradleySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 15:04   Link #264
csuree
The Most Hated™

hehe nice topic i have as a personal phone a Sony Ericsson Elm

Spoiler for phone:

and as my company phone a Samsung Galaxy Gio

Spoiler for company phone:

actually the Elm knows all what the Gio does the only upside for the Gio is Android OS (i fell in love with it) but i hate touchscreen phones....not economic, in terms of battery.. big in size... i love the classic design phones more..

i wish i had android on my Elm
Old 2012-06-27, 16:03   Link #265
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I have an old Samsung SGH-A737.

Spoiler for Picture:

Endless "Old school" Soul
Old 2012-06-27, 16:10   Link #266
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Sony Xperia S.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 16:58   Link #267
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I still own the classic Nokia 3210 despite in possession of another much better phone. This old phone of mine has been subjected to numerous abuse, ranging from pets to younger children, yet it seems to have some sort of immortality. So is it just me, or old phones are less fragile than current sophisticated phones?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 17:10   Link #268
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
Sony Ericsson s500i

Spoiler for image:

It has shiny neon lights!

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 22:10   Link #269
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Galaxy Nexus GSM (GT-i9250, the international model). I have it running on a prepaid straight talk wireless SIM because I'm poor.

The bump to 1280x720 resolution really helps the "web not meant to view through a 4" screen" problem that WVGA and lower res devices have. Web pages view very nicely on this phone--the 4.65" screen really helps here--and the resolution is high enough that the text is readable even when zoomed out.

This phone is great, running stock ICS (or whatever ROM you choose to flash since unlocking the bootloader is a trivial fastboot command) and it's absurdly cheap directly from Google right now. Seriously, they're selling these for $350. I imported mine back in January for $500. It barely costs more than a subsidized smartphone on a 2 year contract, and the GNex comes unlocked with a pentaband HSPA+ radio.

My main complaints: no sdcard slot (blurgh) and the GSM version is limited to 16GB of internal memory shared across /system, /data and userspace (/sdcard) partitions. Fortunately they're dynamic partitions so if you want to install 10 gigs of apps you're totally free to do so.
Old 2012-06-27, 23:11   Link #270
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I have an old Samsung SGH-A737.

Spoiler for Picture:

Endless "Old school" Soul
I see your Samsung, and I raise you a Verizon LG VX:
Spoiler for flip phone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I still own the classic Nokia 3210 despite in possession of another much better phone. This old phone of mine has been subjected to numerous abuse, ranging from pets to younger children, yet it seems to have some sort of immortality. So is it just me, or old phones are less fragile than current sophisticated phones?
I've had the above phone for nearly four years, and the guy who gave it to me had it for at least a year or two previously, and I call it "old reliable"... so yes, I'd say that the older phone are much more resiliant.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 00:29   Link #271
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

I still use a Motorola V60 flip phone. They came out over ten years ago (I got mine back in 2003). Totally ancient with a monochrome display and a bulky antenna, but it is indestructible. I've dropped it a couple of times, but it still works perfectly. I've had to replace the battery twice over the years, but that's it. So much stuff is just built to be disposable nowadays. Only concern I have is T-Mobile phasing out 2G frequencies, which would force me to upgrade. If I did I'd probably get a Motorola Tundra. I love the flip phone form factor and have no use for slab smartphones.

At work all the IT grunts have to use a Blackberry unless they BYOD. The thing is the Blackberries are old as fuck. Up until a year ago I was using a Blackberry 6230, which is before they went to color screens. Seriously, it was an eight or nine year old Blackberry, but it still worked fine. Companies just don't build stuff like they used to (don't get me started on how Thinkpad quality has gone into the shitter). I think it's because most of that gear used to be bought by businesses, which were willing to pay more for quality.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 01:34   Link #272
antediluvian
Before the Deluge

HTC Hero S. It's great.
antediluvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 02:19   Link #273
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Nokia 6500 Slide. It wins every collision contest.

Spoiler for Pic:
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 04:16   Link #274
Jaden

Had a Nokia N9 but I fell off a boat while getting drunk during midsummer and it was completely annihilated by the seawater. I got a Lumia 800 now because the 900 just doesn't have any new features I care about. Obviously the appstore for windows phones is lagging behind but besides that it's top tier.
Old 2012-06-28, 08:23   Link #275
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
HTC Desire S

Could have gotten one with a bigger display, but it fits perfectly in my rather small palm, I dig that.
I've upgraded it with a 32 GB card, so I have enough space for all he photos, apps and nonsense I keep on it.
Have it for about a year now and I simply love it <3
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 15:30   Link #276
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I see your Samsung, and I raise you a Verizon LG VX:
Spoiler for flip phone:
And I raise you a Motorola W376g:
Spoiler for also flip phone:

Sorry, ladies...I'm taken.
Old 2012-06-28, 17:21   Link #277
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Ummm.. I have the Samsung Galaxy S III 32Gb ..
Spoiler for pic:

with a 64Gb micro sd card
Spoiler for pic:

loaded with lots of movies..

Not sure why I have the extra memory...I don't really get a chance to watch any of it anyway..
Old 2012-06-28, 19:37   Link #278
JMvS
Rawrrr!

After two years of pondering, I recently upgraded to a smartphone, or more precisely, to the Samsung Galaxy Note, international version.

So far I love it, replaced my laptops for the comfortable media consumption, and can't get enough of Star Map apps.
I am already using it instead of my paper notebook, and intend to replace several professional field devices with it: camera, gps, paper notebook, maps, compass, clinometer, scanner...
Old 2012-06-28, 20:08   Link #279
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
How well does the stylus work?
Old 2012-06-28, 21:16   Link #280
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
How well does the stylus work?
Pretty well I'd say. Navigation and typing is much more precise with it. On the handscript recognition, I've used only the French one, and would need to look into the settings for it to work in English, it can be tricky with accents and the like, plus the system is a little allergic to numbers, but depending on circumstances, writing can be faster than typing.

As for the pencil on paper experience, of course there are some differences. You get to learn pretty quickly to anticipate where the stroke will be when drawing. But it really is nice to make memos with annoted pictures.

If you are familiar with stylus technologies, the one in the Note is the Wacom Penabled you find in many Tablet-PC, I can use my X201T Thinkpad's stylus on the Note and vice-versa.

On another topic, reading manga scans is much more comfortable, compared to a full HD laptop's screen, or a 12 in tablet-PC.