AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-09-20, 01:17   Link #1
gohanhd
The Unbleached Beast

DragonballZ MMORPG

I dont think this is new news...but anywasy what do you think of it? Personally I cant wait for this game to come to the US. (not sure if its a MMORPG or just MMO...ehter way I still think this great:tup: )

LINK 1

Wikipedia

from Japanese site
Old 2007-09-20, 10:38   Link #2
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
OOO, I heard about this...but never read up on it....OO..Must do more research! Must find out more! Must find a relase date or something! MUST FIND!!!!
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 10:54   Link #3
Kyomi
What do I know?

I'll pass, I think theres nuf DBZ games out there already, I've lost interest since I was 13. >.>
Kyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 11:12   Link #4
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyomi View Post
I'll pass, I think theres nuf DBZ games out there already, I've lost interest since I was 13. >.>
Indeed, losts of DBZ games...but not MMORPG...I think it's going to be totaly epic...but..the question is...Will it be better then WoW? hmmm..We shall see...I doubt it will be...It will probably take me from WoW for a couple months..then I start playing it again XD
Old 2007-09-20, 20:39   Link #5
gohanhd
The Unbleached Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyomi View Post
]

Tell me at least you went to the links...befor judging this...as another DBZ game
Old 2007-09-20, 21:29   Link #6
Kyomi
What do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohanhd View Post
]

Tell me at least you went to the links...befor judging this...as another DBZ game
Well, *now* I did, I'm not saying the game will suck (or are you saying that all previous ones are bad)

What I'm saying is I've been done with DBZ for over a decade, since then I have seen mobs of DBZ products including probably a good 30 games or so. And this news of having a MMO coming out isn't really making me wanting to go back into Dragon Ball.

Even if it goes on par with the biggest MMO games I probably won't find any intentions to try it.

DBZ was cool but its over for me.
Kyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 01:12   Link #7
ImperialPanda

The blatant copying of WoW's interface suggests a severe deficiency in design creativity. There is absolutely no way this is coming to the US. They'd be lucky if they can turn a profit in asia.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 01:45   Link #8
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda View Post
The blatant copying of WoW's interface suggests a severe deficiency in design creativity. There is absolutely no way this is coming to the US. They'd be lucky if they can turn a profit in asia.
I think you'll find most MMOs have the same basic UI layout. The only two I can think of offhand that don't, are RF-Online, and FFXI. Both of which had shithouse UIs. The reason the 'WoW' UI as you call it (which is just a copy of EQs) is so popular, is because it works. Countless games use a very similar design.

I can see the game being rather big, but it depends how many people care about DB anymore. Personally I never did. I've never even seen a single episode, but it is one of the most popular anime franchises of all time, so I think it will hold its own in MMO format.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 01:49   Link #9
ImperialPanda

I don't mean the functionality, just that it looks really similar to WoW's interface.

The game doesn't get built based on the UI. Rather, the UI is designed based on the gameplay mechanics. A similar UI suggests that this game will play similarly to WoW. I'm pretty certain when I say this game will have nowhere near the production value of WoW, in which case there would be absolutely no way this is coming to the US.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 13:46   Link #10
Slayerx

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/...e-up180131.jpg
http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/31006-cap02.jpg
http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/...e-up180130.jpg

A number of thoughts ran through my mind when i first heard of this...
-I certainly hope there isn't any Friendly Fire in this game...
-So, how may Goku/Vegeta/piccolo/etc ripoffs should we expect to to see fill up the servers
-will this game have players spend hours level grinding AND spend hours to charge up?
-What level would i need to be to blow up the MMO
-Y'know, i'm kinda hoping that they will have a power level cap at 8,999

Ya... i'm not expecting much of this. i think the only thing i find interesting about the game is how it seems like you start off as a kid and grow up as you level (i think that's what they got going on)... but other than that, not much at all... it would have to have one hell of a combat system to get my attention.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 18:04   Link #11
supperrfreek
Professional Genius

looks like fun I hope it comes out in the US
supperrfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 21:24   Link #12
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I Hope It Comes Out In The US
Also I Hope i Can Be vegeta I love that guy XD
Old 2007-09-23, 00:41   Link #13
gohanhd
The Unbleached Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda View Post
I don't mean the functionality, just that it looks really similar to WoW's interface.

The game doesn't get built based on the UI. Rather, the UI is designed based on the gameplay mechanics. A similar UI suggests that this game will play similarly to WoW. I'm pretty certain when I say this game will have nowhere near the production value of WoW, in which case there would be absolutely no way this is coming to the US.

Yeah...cuz DBZ will not sell well in the USA *sarcasm* Will your basing this off one the best...or should I say best MMORPG. (probley wont be better then WOW...okay it wont...but that does not mean it wont be a good game)
Old 2007-09-28, 10:44   Link #14
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

I agree, If it does relase in US, I'm going to get it..It's going to take me away from WoW for a bit..but in th end result, I'm going to say WoW is going to be better...though SWG Pre cu completly pwnd WoW..but noooo, SOE had to screw up and make the game NGE.....THEY NEED TO CHANGE IT BACK!!! cause they will get alot more buisness, alot of people will go from WoW back to SWG....But enough of my ranting...I say it's going to be good...just not that good, And on top of that...Mostly teenagers will play is what I'm going to assume
Old 2007-09-29, 06:54   Link #15
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
will this game have players spend hours level grinding AND spend hours to charge up?
Read the manga.
Old 2007-10-04, 23:57   Link #16
gohanhd
The Unbleached Beast

I hear that it might come to xbox 360 too...not sure tho. The people who are making MMORPG DBZ game where asking about programing on 360..or something like that.( I will try to find the link where there talking about the 360)

@King of Lycans lol...you cant be vegeta...maybe a look ulike but not Vegeta him slef. :P
Old 2007-10-05, 14:15   Link #17
WhiteWings

It's very hard to make it work right and more likely to bomb if anything else. But if its pulled off right then the market of MMORPG will be turned upside down to a whole new era.