AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-17, 00:21   Link #2721
poko-kun

Kou knows Aoba's 160 kmph condition. And he's pretty aware of it as much as Aoba does.
He loves to throw fast since the very start.
"Man... it'd be cool to throw like that."

And Waka told him
"If you want Aoba to like you, that's simple, just throw 160 kmph"
"That's simple in some way"
Old 2010-02-17, 02:18   Link #2722
karasuma

Anyone like the ED? I can't get the "suuuki da suki da...." out of my head..

karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 04:30   Link #2723
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Nice episode. After a slightly rushed start, when we are reminded of that phrase that seems to never leave Aoba's head (but you can't take him from me), the second half was quite nice. The scene with Akane and Aoba in the hospital and all the hidden implications behind it (I guess Akane is kinda tired of remarking how well does Aoba and Kou understand each other in certain things), Akaishi's resolution, Aoba's and Kou's usual banter. They are all full of small nuances, that is what I love about Cross Game.
I agree.
Spoiler for just in case:

As for Aoba's comments to Kou on making his pitches faster, I don't think it crossed her mind at the time. It's only when Junpei mentions that they are at least 150kmph that Aoba remembers the 160kmph conversation. Up to that point, she was just one pitcher making observations about another pitcher on changes in their technique. And Kou is just trying to improve as a pitcher. "... if I could throw like that, I bet it would feel awesome."

I'm curious as to how fast Aoba's pitches are. That catcher was having a tough time out there.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 06:26   Link #2724
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
I
As for Aoba's comments to Kou on making his pitches faster, I don't think it crossed her mind at the time. It's only when Junpei mentions that they are at least 150kmph that Aoba remembers the 160kmph conversation. Up to that point, she was just one pitcher making observations about another pitcher on changes in their technique.
It's possible that she was simply surprised how much closer to the 160 mark it was than what she expected. but yeah I think you're right.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 08:16   Link #2725
poko-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
I'm curious as to how fast Aoba's pitches are. That catcher was having a tough time out there.
According to the game and ... some episode (Nation girls team)
Aoba's pitch is around... 135s -140 ^^.
(But Nakanishi mentioned that Aoba rarely throws with her full speed, if she did that, the batters couldn't practice, and the catcher would be in trouble. So we see her full speed once or twice when she played with Akaishi and pitched to Azuma)
Old 2010-02-17, 08:38   Link #2726
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I would love to hear you elaborate on that, Monir - it's very interesting. On the surface level, I think, Aoba has changed more. Certainly, I would argue that she has changed more in terms of their relationship to each other than Kou has. Kou certainly hasn't stagnated - I think the biggest change has come in his prespective on the Wakaba situation. While he still honors her memory and fulfills what he sees as his duty to her, it seems to me that he's grown to the point where it no longer controls his life. In terms of his relationship with Azuma, his more accepting attitude towards his feelings for Aoba, and his love for baseball and hard work Kou has clearly opened up and allowed himself to think of his own emotional needs. I don't sense that Kou is chasing Koshien for Waka anymore - I think he's doing it in equal parts to prove to himself that he can do it, and to pay homage to the hard work Aoba has put in. Azuma seems to to be the first friend Kou has felt secure enough to let inside his emotional shell. And while he still maintains the cool, half-mocking tone in terms of his feelings for Aoba, he's clearly grown more comfortable with those feelings. In sum, I think Kou has finally moved out of Wakaba's shadow and is living life for himself for the first time.
Sorry about the late reply. I tend to lose track of threads when posting in such a irregular manner.... Anyway..

You've put it perfectly in the above as to why I consider Kou to have changed the most. Aoba has always been like this. Her change equates to almost nothing compare to Kou because..... well, who did Aoba admire the most? That would be Wakaba. Who did Wakaba like the most? That would be Kou. So, Aoba would naturally be curious to the question, why? Wakaba also warned that Aoba can't take Kou from her. Wakaba could already foresee that enough prodding at Aoba's part would reveal Kou's lady-killer secret and she would succumb to it eventually. Amazing for an elementary kid to have such vision. After Wakaba's death, it was Aoba who took it upon herself to materialize Wakaba's dream which was to bring out Kou's potential. And to accomplish such feat she remained the most unchanged character in the show.

In light of the above conversation, in one scene earlier in the series, it showed that Kou and Aoba have been comfortable around each other for a while now. Recall that scene where she was changing her shirt and Senda walks in to find Kou is in there too. Wakaba is certainly the central reason as to why Aoba hasn't got together with Kou yet. I guess it will have to be Aoba who takes it upon herself to break the ice if there to be a future between these two. That dude is loyal! Gaaaarrrrr.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 00:04   Link #2727
manga852

I'm hoping for a pro-log or an extended ending.
manga852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 00:40   Link #2728
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

an anime extended ending may or may not be good. i've been debating in my head what episode would correspond with what and where they could end it, but then i realized, this is one of THE best anime adaptations i've ever seen, so i'll let the director and his staff do his stuff.

I would agree that Kou has changed the most. His motivation for his actions has changed over the course of the series (3 times actually) and technically i think his resolve for trying to achieve his goal gets stronger every time his motivator switches.

god help the staff if there's another recap episode somewhere between here and the end...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 11:16   Link #2729
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I doubt there will be any time left for more than a small passing reference to the anime original material conclusion, given that there's just enough time left to reach the story's conclusion (what with only 6 episodes left). Which can be good, given that we will get a pure, unadulterated adaption for the remainder of the anime run. Yay.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 11:27   Link #2730
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh God, I literally cannot wait for the end run of this show. It just keeps getting better and better!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 23:32   Link #2731
poko-kun

This week episode was ... pure good especially the conversation between Nakanishi and Kou & Kou and Azuma, but next episode will be a roller coaster.... so you must fasten your seat belt.

Spoiler for Is it ok....?:
Old 2010-02-21, 04:35   Link #2732
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
This week episode was ... pure good especially the conversation between Nakanishi and Kou & Kou and Azuma, but next episode will be a roller coaster.... so you must fasten your seat belt.

Spoiler for Is it ok....?:
Spoiler:
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 05:48   Link #2733
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

This episode was great, once again. I really feel good about nitpicking on the two episodes that messed up their paces (one too fast then one too slow) in succession because the most recent episodes show how it should be done properly.

I have a question about one specific scene :

Spoiler for One specific scene in #46:

Next episode seems on track on provoke a few heart attacks. I've rarely seen a meaner preview. What a tease! And given how manipulative previews have been so far, with the way they sometimes arrange sentences to make you confused about what happens in the episode for real, I think some people will find trouble sleeping for the next few days.

Oh and I doubt anyone cares but since I am accountable for my predictions, unless they decide to do something special for the last episode, I completely striked out on my bet that Sayonara Hero by Kobukuro would be either the last OP or ED of the show.
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 08:09   Link #2734
poko-kun

Spoiler for Opps! sorry..:

Last edited by poko-kun; 2010-02-21 at 08:39.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 08:25   Link #2735
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
Spoiler for above spoilers:
Though most of us haven't seen it yet and you're all posting spoilers anyway, it better be symbolic of what I think it is for the remaining episodes to come...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 11:45   Link #2736
Proto

Spoiler for RAW:

Other than that, we are fully into last leg mode now. Oh, and the preview is quite the teaser as RumbleFish mentioned, but just to be on the safe side I would recommend people here not to see it, at least for this week.
Old 2010-02-22, 01:38   Link #2737
Proto

As usual, Subsmith sub is out. Go get it and comment, you people.
Old 2010-02-22, 01:39   Link #2738
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

OMFG, NO EP NEXT WEEK. WHY GOD WHY!? that's a huge bummer.. and it's that episode too.

also, damn you Kou for doing that to Aoba.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 03:02   Link #2739
mpt37

I really shouldn't have watched the preview after I saw the "No episode next week" pop up. It's as if they tried to make the wait as agonizing as possible by including that last line.
Old 2010-02-22, 04:59   Link #2740
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I believe that's exactly what they were aiming for, actually.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports