Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-10-27, 12:28   Link #81
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
So there are problems with the site... I'll have to bother schadowfox some more.
Meanwhile, for the non-competing ones, those should be emailed to me to kcl822@gmail.com. Don't forget to label them!
Old 2007-10-27, 14:20   Link #82
GipFace

Yay, all three songs done! >_>

I had to rent a hotel room for the final two songs. (and all cheap private hostel rooms were booked for the week, argh!) Apparently the rest of my family got sick and could never leave the apartment. -_-;

Well, at least it solved the drywall echo problem I was having. I didn't want to let my partners down.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 15:30   Link #83
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
Yay, all three songs done! >_>

I had to rent a hotel room for the final two songs. (and all cheap private hostel rooms were booked for the week, argh!) Apparently the rest of my family got sick and could never leave the apartment. -_-;

Well, at least it solved the drywall echo problem I was having. I didn't want to let my partners down.
Wow, that is certainly extreme dedication (or maybe just huge aversion for singing in front of family ).

I decided to ignore the fact that my housemate's always at home and sang the other night, and probably this weekend as well. I won't have many entries though as I don't have enough partners and nice songs to sing.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 17:09   Link #84
minakichan

Hey, another competition! awesome!

I totally had no clue, since I normally don't check "General Chat." Think you guys could post about it on the front page the next contest?
minakichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 18:40   Link #85
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by minakichan View Post
Hey, another competition! awesome!

I totally had no clue, since I normally don't check "General Chat." Think you guys could post about it on the front page the next contest?
The last time kcl did that, she had to judge and broadcast live 80 entries. (that took 7, 8 hours IIRC.) I don't think she wants to do that again.
Old 2007-10-27, 19:34   Link #86
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
How about just advertising the contest on the front page for two weeks, then? If I recall correctly, duet competitions have less entries anyways due to the challenge of coordinating people.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 00:27   Link #87
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Actually, I have no power to add anything to the front page. And honestly, if I had more than 70 entries or so, I'll probably have to be more stringent in the stuff I air or the songs that I accept. Yes, having a lot of participants is great, but a small one is nice too. You get to know them more. Great, now I sound like those sappy commercials or something.
And with that, reminders to people that deadline is in halloween. I've been checking the entries that are coming in, and so far, they sound nice. I think one of the almost killed me because of its cuteness. To the cute song people: bring it on! Mwhahahahahaha!
Old 2007-10-28, 01:05   Link #88
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Should we email you competing entries, or wait for the website to stop having problems? ^^;
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 06:19   Link #89
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Nasu View Post
Should we email you competing entries, or wait for the website to stop having problems? ^^;
everything is working fine for me at least >_>;

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 19:01   Link #90
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHADOWFOX View Post
everything is working fine for me at least >_>;
Do both partners need to enter the same info for "Title" and "Source" when uploading? I presume we need to check the "Upload entry as a Partner-Entry" box...

Hopefully the website matches by filename not by the Title and Source since my duet partner is at work now. t.t
Old 2007-10-29, 06:35   Link #91
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cz View Post
Do both partners need to enter the same info for "Title" and "Source" when uploading? I presume we need to check the "Upload entry as a Partner-Entry" box...

Hopefully the website matches by filename not by the Title and Source since my duet partner is at work now. t.t
it should link as long as the file is the same title and source are not taken into account for linking

//*** edit ***//
linking happens only once in a while,
so if you upload your entry it might take some time (2-6 hours)
until it gets linked

Last edited by SCHADOWFOX; 2007-10-29 at 06:37. Reason: missed something
Old 2007-10-29, 19:16   Link #92
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
it should link as long as the file is the same title and source are not taken into account for linking

//*** edit ***//
linking happens only once in a while,
so if you upload your entry it might take some time (2-6 hours)
until it gets linked

I'm having issues..

I can't get it to let me pick which competition it's for

Also, I made my son an account to upload his & my daughter's entry.. do I HAVE to make her one too? :S

NM, fixed both problems, made her an account and figured out why it wouldn't lemme upload.. I am a silly whuff

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive

Last edited by cheyannew; 2007-10-29 at 19:28. Reason: DUH!!! I'm not blonde, I swear
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 20:53   Link #93
Shurin

I:m sorry but like the previous posters, I:m having trouble uploading a second entry to the site. Is this a problem from my part or the site? >.< (deadline jittersss)

edit:: OK! Looks like a problem on my part after all. Uploaded successfully after the third time trying.

Last edited by Shurin; 2007-10-29 at 21:19.
Shurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 00:07   Link #94
GipFace

Grr... had to wait until today to get my password reset. I'm a forgetful person. Guess there's an uploading blitz later today >.>

Wai wai, Cheyanne's children are singing~

Had I known that non-competing entries could be solo, I would have tried the Engrish wreck that is euphoric field from ef - a tale of memories. Oh well, maybe I'll do that for the Winter contest. eternal feather (game opening) is still the better song, though, because there are no killer armstripes.
Old 2007-10-30, 06:46   Link #95
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Teehee

I am going to TRY EF's opener loved it since someone (was it you??) sent it to me
That's for a solo comp, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
Grr... had to wait until today to get my password reset. I'm a forgetful person. Guess there's an uploading blitz later today >.>

Wai wai, Cheyanne's children are singing~

Had I known that non-competing entries could be solo, I would have tried the Engrish wreck that is euphoric field from ef - a tale of memories. Oh well, maybe I'll do that for the Winter contest. eternal feather (game opening) is still the better song, though, because there are no killer armstripes.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 17:20   Link #96
Mnemosyne
Ruler of the Universe

...i hope i clicked that there partner-magic box... i don't remember if i did or not... is that bad?
Old 2007-10-30, 17:26   Link #97
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

we have eight (8!) duets so far,
please check if you are listed as a duet,
if not or something is missing contact me at irc.SynIRC.net #AnimeSuki - schadowfox
just pm or hightlight me :-)
so we can fix it asap

// ty Cz

Last edited by SCHADOWFOX; 2007-10-31 at 05:46. Reason: big typo
Old 2007-10-30, 21:43   Link #98
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
if not or something is missing contact me at irc.ZiRC.org #AnimeSuki - schadowfox
You mean irc.synirc.net right?
Old 2007-10-31, 00:07   Link #99
GipFace

Wait... both partners have to upload the same file? Is that not a complete waste of bandwidth and time? It should be good enough if one person uploads the entry.

I plan on uploading 45mb wav files to the site, since they'll be compressed by kcl822 anyway. Asking my partners to do the same is just... dumb.

Edit: Having a dash (-) in the song name truncates it. Please fix~

Last edited by GipFace; 2007-10-31 at 01:35.
Old 2007-10-31, 00:12   Link #100
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Wait, everything gets compressed? I never knew. I've been uploading 320kbp files because my computer threatens to freak out if I tried to work with a raw .wav file.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition