AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-06, 21:15   Link #201
The Green One

Welp, subtext just went straight out the window.

Looks like Baiser isn't a fan of seasons of will they won't they nonsense between the idiot couple Loco and Leiber.

To successfully make two tsudneres admit their feelings and make sweet passionate love while a pervert voyeur watches them is impressive.

Looks like Kiwi has been hiding a super mode and is a three Star after all. Makes you wonder why she hasn't used it up until now. Either she doesn't like it or there's some downside....

So Baiser vs Lord next week. We've seen plenty of times where Baiser has spawned extra stars from getting super excited, but is there anything about Lord that will rev her engines?

Also Tres Magia where the hell are you? Your city is being invaded!

Looks like our two new girls have been added to the end song. Always a nice touch to see evolving credits. Wonder if they'll get more prominence in the OP since they're officially Team Baiser now.
Old 2024-03-07, 13:15   Link #202
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll say this in the nicest way I can...but Tres Magia should just retire. A bit of mountain training (with the atmosphere of a camping trip) is so utterly not enough for what they've got to deal with. It's kind of funny to see the escalation for the "villains" with almost no progression (mostly just regression) for the magical girls. They were outclassed by episode 1 Utena. Sure Sulfur got a good hit early in the series, but that's the only thing close to a win they've had. Now they are outnumbered, outgunned, and just outmatched. Might honestly be best to just close their eyes and pretend not to see anything. Not going to happen, but starting to think they should be considering that option.

Azure aiming to get stronger is nice. But as a whole that group is woefully too weak and they don't even seem aware of it. They also really are losing their qualifications to even take action. Even the small scale fights within the enemy team weren't something they should be ignoring since innocent people could have gotten hurt. But at this point it's a full scale invasion and they aren't even paying attention. Can't say that they don't know since they've been shown being able to monitor what's going on.

Good overall episode. No shock that Baiser would do something regarding the whole magical girl hunt past. Although if those girls died then Baiser has a remarkably low bar for retribution. Good thing of course since otherwise she wouldn't gain allies (toys). Going to have to hope that magical girl hunting is really symbolic and it was more about taking their powers away than their lives...

Lord's confidence is impressive. Her organization just shrunk by half, she's outnumbered by a rival organization and still thinks she has this. I suppose in a sense that's fair enough. She can unleash attacks while hiding in a dimension almost no one has access to. Not like they could even stop her by dropping nukes since they can't reach her. Though that approach is only effective for her. Any of her living minions would have to risk their lives out there.

I'll be curious for the explanation on Leopard though. Obviously the name makes more sense now. But...why even pretend she wasn't as strong as she is? I'm sure the level of exposure is embarrassing for her, but could have stood out much earlier. Especially considering her desire to get attention. Maybe she didn't want to show off later on due to having more stars than Baiser but...I'm not certain on that.
Old 2024-03-07, 22:33   Link #203
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The forced sex thing, I'm not so surprised, seen worse, but well, if they allow such obvious certain bodily fluids like that, I have higher hopes for Nukitashi.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 07:31   Link #204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Clearly several of you guys have not been watching the most (in)famous anime of the last couple of years. This was frankly tame compared to a lot that's been aired.
Seikon no Qwaser aired 14 years ago and it was a shit ton more explicit than this. And it's only gotten worse/better in recent years. Interspecies Reviewers, Redo of Healer, that one show with the dog girl, etc...
Old 2024-03-08, 09:46   Link #205
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

I'll be curious for the explanation on Leopard though. Obviously the name makes more sense now.
I think her name is derived from the German Leopard Tank, which explains why she has a millitary style costume. But I was surprised she actually has an animal form. Plenty of action next week.

episode 10:

The town is being destroyed, and Tres Magia is.... busy training? They don't even know a major fight is ongoing?

I guess they're only good for hentai, not saving a town.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 09:49   Link #206
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Seikon no Qwaser aired 14 years ago and it was a shit ton more explicit than this. And it's only gotten worse/better in recent years. Interspecies Reviewers, Redo of Healer, that one show with the dog girl, etc...
with how toxic social media has become I thought something like this, two middle(?) school girls going full yuri in a chapter it's a no no.

if japan is going now to fuck everything and show uncensored anime now I'm all for it, this season has been such a pleasant suprise.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 11:36   Link #207
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Seikon no Qwaser aired 14 years ago and it was a shit ton more explicit than this.
I don't know if a breastfeeding power up mechanic necessarily compares, but breastfeeding isn't my kink anyway so Qwaser didn't do a whole lot for me. That tends to be the problem with a lot of ecchi... Inukai-san and Redo aim for fairly specific kinks as well. And there's far too much of a focus on watermelon tits. Medium is most definitely premium.

Actually on the subject of powerups one reason I wasn't sure how a MahoAko adaptation would work is that most ecchi sort of compartmentalize the action and the ecchi in their own separate spaces. For instance Mato Slave waits for all the action to end before the rewards start. With Utena/Baiser though most of the magic happens mid battle. Thankfully the adaptation got a good studio and director.

I think Ishuzoku Reviewers is a bit over hyped BUT I really hope Amahara's other manga gets adapted someday, Teisou Gyakuten Sekai (Chastity Reverse World). That would be nice to have while waiting for Mahoako S2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The forced sex thing, I'm not so surprised, seen worse, but well, if they allow such obvious certain bodily fluids like that, I have higher hopes for Nukitashi.
GET PREGNANT, BITCH!!!
Old 2024-03-08, 19:44   Link #208
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I don't know if a breastfeeding power up mechanic necessarily compares, but breastfeeding isn't my kink anyway so Qwaser didn't do a whole lot for me. That tends to be the problem with a lot of ecchi... Inukai-san and Redo aim for fairly specific kinks as well. And there's far too much of a focus on watermelon tits. Medium is most definitely premium.
There were relatively explicit yuri scenes in Qwaser too. Incidentally, Yoko Hikasa is in this and she voiced the kinkiest character in Qwaser.
Old 2024-03-08, 19:52   Link #209
Twi

I don't really watch this series, because the ages of the characters immediately off-put me (though I did get curious about the mindbreak eyes and will add Utena being a bad dom for lack of aftercare and hypocrisy), but I can reasonably say that Seikon no Qwaser makes this series look tame.

There's a reason Tv Tropes purged that series.
Old 2024-03-08, 20:34   Link #210
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I don't really watch this series, because the ages of the characters immediately off-put me (though I did get curious about the mindbreak eyes and will add Utena being a bad dom for lack of aftercare and hypocrisy), but I can reasonably say that Seikon no Qwaser makes this series look tame.

There's a reason Tv Tropes purged that series.
They're awfully weird over there sometimes. They deleted Ro-Kyu-Bu mainly for things that, as far as I can tell, were either deliberately worded to give impressions not present or simply didn't happen while keeping other loli works that are far more risky (not bad, but if you're going to get rid of RKB for that then it seems strange). And while they deleted Quaser, they left Redo of Healer alone, despite it being just about the closest thing to pure hentai I've seen on TV anime.

And while I think I understand the "bad dom" thing, if one's talking about those two, seems she had a lot of reason to go extra hard on them. You don't exactly worry about "aftercare" for someone you're punishing for serial assault/murder(?).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 22:14   Link #211
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Incidentally, Yoko Hikasa is in this and she voiced the kinkiest character in Qwaser.
Its weirder at this point when Yoko Hikasa is not in an ecchi series... she's been in so many since Qwaser and DxD. Even if I think she's not in something she ends up having a cameo or minor role like Keara in Redo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
And while they deleted Quaser, they left Redo of Healer alone, despite it being just about the closest thing to pure hentai I've seen on TV anime.
End of the day though having borderline H doesn't make a series good. Redo was fairly entertaining for what it was but I only made it 5 episodes into Qwaser -- though I probably watched a fanservice compilation somewhere along the line. Compilations got me through a lot of bad ecchi shows. Especially from the aughts with stuff like Queen's Blade or whatever. I'm probably kinda spoiled by eroge when it comes to having plot with my H.
Old 2024-03-08, 23:18   Link #212
Twi

The specific reason from looking at the forum was because the loli dominatrix (she's like 10) has more than a few non-penetrative but still considered sex scenes involving her and the girl she basically turned into one of her submissives. It was already skirting the line considering it had no shortage of non-consensual scenes, but that basically pushed it over the tolerance level.

But, getting back to the point, while Gushing isn't my cup of tea and I don't particularly like it, it's nowhere near that series level of degeneracy that honestly brought down a cool concept with the manipulation of the chemical elements.
Old 2024-03-09, 08:58   Link #213
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'll say this in the nicest way I can...but Tres Magia should just retire. A bit of mountain training (with the atmosphere of a camping trip) is so utterly not enough for what they've got to deal with. It's kind of funny to see the escalation for the "villains" with almost no progression (mostly just regression) for the magical girls. They were outclassed by episode 1 Utena. Sure Sulfur got a good hit early in the series, but that's the only thing close to a win they've had. Now they are outnumbered, outgunned, and just outmatched. Might honestly be best to just close their eyes and pretend not to see anything. Not going to happen, but starting to think they should be considering that option.

Azure aiming to get stronger is nice. But as a whole that group is woefully too weak and they don't even seem aware of it. They also really are losing their qualifications to even take action. Even the small scale fights within the enemy team weren't something they should be ignoring since innocent people could have gotten hurt. But at this point it's a full scale invasion and they aren't even paying attention. Can't say that they don't know since they've been shown being able to monitor what's going on.
It may not really matter if they're strong enough to defeat Utena or not. Utena makes sure that every encounter she has with magical girls ends with a "loss" for her side and a hasty retreat. Utena has been faking her own strength from the very beginning. In her eyes, villains are supposed to torment the heroes until they rise over the adversity and then she quickly wraps it up, gets repulsed by their determination, and runs away.

Utena pushed it too far first with Magenta at the playground but didn't recognize it because Magenta always gets back up like a magical girl is supposed to. It was Azure getting broken that made Utena realize she has to be more careful about her playacting. Tres Magia having a power up arc falls exactly into Utena's expectations for how these encounters are supposed to go.

It doesn't matter how weak a team of magical girls is, Utena will lose to them on purpose.

That's why the whole star rankings are silly. Lord Enorme may be 4 stars, but when she gets too into what she's doing, Utena goes directly to 8-12.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-12, 06:36   Link #214
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-13, 20:52   Link #215
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magia Baiser
Somewhere, someday... someone out there may defeat me.
But not here, not today...
And not you.
Absolute cinema.
Old 2024-03-13, 21:16   Link #216
The Green One

Well looks like Azure is back in the saddle, and has her cliched second season magical girl form a few episodes early. I look forward to seeing it in action.

Utena got one hell of a power up form when she found a way and reason to humiliate Lord Enorme and unleashed herself in true Baiser fashion and broke her butt with a full power spanking and reduced Enorme to a sniveling sobbing wreck. Dang that's one hell of a mind break. Pretty much wrecked her powers too.

Looks like Vena has their own agenda and Sister Gigant answers to them? Ominous....

Baiser gets promoted to Final Boss and Leopard gets her Love Hotel promise. A happy ending for all.

Still two episodes to go. Let's hope we see a second season.

Also props to Utena's Final Boss style speech.

Last edited by The Green One; 2024-03-13 at 22:17.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-14, 00:16   Link #217
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Knowing at least some of what's coming, we definitely need a second season, and I'm pretty sure we'll get one.

And man, Baiser's stars are all over the place in her advanced form. Sometimes it's eight, sometimes it's twelve, and near the start, I'm sure I counted eighteen. Regardless, stars or no stars it's clear the other girls knew with one glance that this is not someone to mess around with. For MANY reasons.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-14, 07:15   Link #218
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I find it kind of funny that two very strong opponents in two different anime were easily defeated with the power of imagination within a span of a week.

I guess Utena isn't into onee-sans, she had to imagine Lord Enorme as a kid to be turned on. And that gave her a new OP form.

Kiwi did very well, but it seems like Sister Gigant probably wasn't taking the fight seriously since she was a spy.

Sayo's training actually bore fruit and she now has a brand new magical miko form! Too bad we only saw her from the back.
Old 2024-03-14, 07:18   Link #219
The Green One

It was less that Utena wasn't into an older woman, it was more of Utena's disgust and boredom with how childish and cliche Enorme's motivation was to take over the world and her chuni posing nonsense. It was a literal "act your age" moment and that's where she got the idea of if Enorme was going to act like an unruly child, then Utena would discipline her as if she was an unruly child.
Old 2024-03-14, 16:18   Link #220
ryllharu

It felt a bit unceremonious that Venalita just...devoured Enorme off-screen or something.

I was wondering if we'd see how much weaker she got after Utena disciplined her down to a single-star, though I guess it was Venalita giving up on her and taking back more of the borrowed power, and less directly Utena's discipline.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girls, yuri