AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-26, 08:31   Link #3121
TigerII
Pilot in Training

That is what I was saying...why move?
Old 2007-08-26, 15:26   Link #3122
UPR

Any idea where Suzuka is going to be staying? and in fact Yamato as well I doubt can be stupid enough to still be living at the bathouse when there child is born. Should they be looking for a place to live?
Old 2007-08-26, 15:51   Link #3123
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

The most likely out come would be to rent a flat. However things have been going waaay to rosey and well for a while now, it seems odd for it to be working out so well at the moment especially with the Author's style.

It could always end with Suzuka giving birth but dying in labour, who wants a happy ending.
Old 2007-08-26, 19:29   Link #3124
Eleckid

Spoiler for suzuka:
Old 2007-08-26, 19:33   Link #3125
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Now you post this without a link? You know better.
Old 2007-08-26, 20:11   Link #3126
UPR

Na i don't believe it will be over in another 3 chapters it can't possibly with all the questions and everything else. Seo would not do that to us. And like Tiger said no link man don't believe everything you read or at the very least name the person that confirmed because it has to come from somewhere in Japan right.
Old 2007-08-27, 03:27   Link #3127
Miles Teg

I am not to sure (my level of Japanese is very low) but it's possible that the last chapter of Suzuka will be published in the Weekly Shonen Magazine number 42 (this week it's the number 39)

It's from Kouji Seo webpage http://moe.atso-net.jp/dandei/diary/

マガジン42号で涼風は連載終了です。 Could be translated as something like the serialization of Suzuka will end in magazine number 42.
Old 2007-08-27, 03:54   Link #3128
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
I am not to sure (my level of Japanese is very low) but it's possible that the last chapter of Suzuka will be published in the Weekly Shonen Magazine number 42 (this week it's the number 39)

It's from Kouji Seo webpage http://moe.atso-net.jp/dandei/diary/

マガジン42号で涼風は連載終了です。 Could be translated as something like the serialization of Suzuka will end in magazine number 42.
Yes, that is the translation - will read the diary post later since I can't access the site here. There is also the... monthly(?) version in which the story can go on, I guess; will have to check out this week's issue to see if there's anything new inside.

Perhaps not really a satisfying ending, IMHO, but I can think of worse ones. Kudos to Seo-sensei for keeping it up for so long, though.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
Old 2007-08-27, 05:43   Link #3129
Key Board
Carbon

I checked the link.

Correct, Suzuka will end in 4 chapters.

I expect a down to earth ending. Anything else will be corny.
Old 2007-08-27, 05:51   Link #3130
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Probably a time slip. I bet we get to see their son/daughter grown up. Maybe Yamato the 2nd...
Old 2007-08-27, 07:35   Link #3131
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Wow, well not bad news to me. I am not a fan of extremely long stories. Though I don't know why they would put the ending. Kinda ruining it by saying it will be happy. I am all for a happy ending, but don't give it away. I also expect a down to Earth, they just went on with their lives time skip.
Old 2007-08-27, 08:04   Link #3132
Firstimer

Honestly wished they would at least show some of yamato/suzuka's sprinting/jumping. We haven't seen them in action ever since suzuka left for America? Was hoping that we would get to see more of the sports aspect of the manga. Sighs, quite a disappointment in that area.

PS: Arima vs Yamato, we haven't seen them race for hell long. All talk no action...
Old 2007-08-27, 08:06   Link #3133
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Becuase Yamato realized there was something more important. But we might see something to wrap it up.
Old 2007-08-27, 08:36   Link #3134
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Its a good time to drop it really, it has been going downhill for a while even the standard of the drawings. It doesn't seem like Seo has been fully commited with it. Will it have an ending that is wholesome and pleasing? I very much doubt it. To me since Suzuka went to America, the manga hasn't been right. Its good that its being ended before it continues to deterioate however there is too much to tie up in 3 chapters, around 60 pages. Perhaps he will take a break from it and make a short series when he gets more time or feels refreshed to fully tie off things later in the future.
Old 2007-08-27, 09:59   Link #3135
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh I hope not. Just my opinion.
Old 2007-08-27, 10:46   Link #3136
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I checked the link.

Correct, Suzuka will end in 4 chapters.

I expect a down to earth ending. Anything else will be corny.
Probably; most likely. Not a whole lot you can do, drama-wise, with just 4 chapters - unless you want to go soap opera'ish on people. But that announcement came on the 25th. In the 27th's post, it looks like there will be some more Suzuka-related material coming down the pipeline?

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
Old 2007-08-28, 05:19   Link #3137
Gundam Master

Send a message via AIM to Gundam Master
This seems so rushed I hope the ending is half way decent.
Old 2007-08-28, 05:21   Link #3138
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It doesn't seem rushed to me. The author's been running out of story since forever.
Old 2007-08-28, 06:04   Link #3139
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It doesn't seem rushed to me. The author's been running out of story since forever.
That's kinda true, but the last arc (Suzuka's pregnancy) went a lot faster than the rest of the manga.
Old 2007-08-28, 10:38   Link #3140
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
aha!I knew it!Soon as i saw that Suzuka sez that she was pregnant, i was like "After this pregnancy thing is solved it will most likely end with 6-4 chapters after that!"...WOOT!!ANOTHER RIGHT PREDICTION!!!hahahaha! Well,i just hope it does end in a very phenomenal,heart-warming or breaking(either of the two) but sorta kinda happy way!