AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-14, 10:28   Link #841
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sorry for no summaries yesterday. Been busy with med school and diarrhea and all.

And so the game officially begins:

Spoiler for Ep6 summaries:
Old 2010-01-14, 11:00   Link #842
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckledorf View Post
OK, let's list the witches shown before episode 6 that do not have any crazy faces...... oh wait there are none, Ange doesn't count she is a "good gal". Eva-Beatrice, Maria (debatable), Virgilia, Beatrice, Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, Erika (debatable), and Goldsmith all have a crazy face.
I never said I doubt it'll happen... but after so many trolls... it gets repetitive and predictable to me. ^^;

Old 2010-01-14, 13:35   Link #843
Raiza Sunozaki

I'm of two minds on Miss Au Au. If she's anything like Hanyuu, then she'll assist everyone in reaching the truth and in return allow them to escape the island, because that was the reason Hanyuu was brought into play in the latter (and especially the final) episode of Higurashi.
But at the same time, if she is a friend of Bern (as some people have speculated she's the person who Bern wrote the letter in the extra TIPS to), then she will certainly not assist anyone stand against Bern.
I'm more for the first one, and I think she wrote the stories of the next episodes with her human piece so that everyone could learn of the other hints about the true culprit.
Old 2010-01-14, 14:13   Link #844
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
I'm of two minds on Miss Au Au. If she's anything like Hanyuu, then she'll assist everyone in reaching the truth and in return allow them to escape the island, because that was the reason Hanyuu was brought into play in the latter (and especially the final) episode of Higurashi.
I'd find this VERY disappointing, to be honest. It's the very definition of a deus ex. Not that she hasn't had (subtle) foreshadowing, but...
Old 2010-01-14, 15:24   Link #845
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
I'm more for the first one, and I think she wrote the stories of the next episodes with her human piece so that everyone could learn of the other hints about the true culprit.
Ura Tea Party is a huge strike against this, unless you like your heroic authors to have a nice snack of (human?) entrails.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-01-14, 16:39   Link #846
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Ura Tea Party is a huge strike against this, unless you like your heroic authors to have a nice snack of (human?) entrails.
Agreed. Featherine is just another sadistic witch in the end. Considering she's the Witch of Theatrics (or something like that) of course she'll like a good show
Old 2010-01-14, 21:03   Link #847
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'd find this VERY disappointing, to be honest. It's the very definition of a deus ex. Not that she hasn't had (subtle) foreshadowing, but...
I don't think she has any affect on the games (aside from naming Bern the GM). The "everyone" I mentioned was people outside the island, in Ange's time (including Ange). She wanted to show the real truth of what happened, but she wanted to avoid putting suspicion on her human piece, so she wrote the different episodes, like how Beato did the same for the different episodes, to allow people to add up the common clues and arrive at the truth themselves. She is the way the truth of Rokkenjima can reach the real world.
As bad as it may sound, I feel it is like Ryuukishi writing his role into the games. He allows the truth of Rokkenjima to reach us, Miss Au Au allows the truth to reach the rest of his in-game world.

@musouka:
Well my understanding of Japanese is quite pitiful at the moment, so I haven't had re opportunity to read the ura-tea party. But I never said she had to be nice like Hanyuu. I was just drawing the similar characteristics of the two. If she's a twisted crazy bitch like the other witches than she fits well with the rest of them. It still doesn't shake the fact that she exists to uncover the truth.
Old 2010-01-14, 21:29   Link #848
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

First summary for today.

Events before the first official battle of Ep6:

Old 2010-01-15, 02:54   Link #849
~Ayane~

hey i know some people speculates that the person to whom Bern adressed her tips letter was Featherine, but you know, im not sure, she adressess the receiver as "my dear friend" or something like that and when she see Featherine she doesnt seem very happy at all, and like...well she doesnt even remember her name properly xD
and ive got this weird feeling that AuAu is a lot worse than Berun, hauhau....
Old 2010-01-15, 10:23   Link #850
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, that's pretty much the whole problem of it, unless Bern was pretty sarcastic there, which wouldn't be that far fetched.

Considering her behavior towards Featherine, I'm pretty sure Bern would rather be stuck with Lambda for few centuries instead of having a single chat with the former.
Old 2010-01-15, 10:56   Link #851
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Last summaries for today. Sleepy...

Honestly though I wonder why they had to cut the scene when the duel was about to get good...

Current Red and Blue Text

Spoiler for Red Text:

Spoiler for Blue Text:
Old 2010-01-17, 02:26   Link #852
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Concerning Featherine, I kinda get the feeling that she could be the witch who started the game in which Bernkastel was created (and is heavily hinted to be Higurashi). This would explain Bern's serious dislike of her, she just seems to bear with her as Featherine actually could be just another part of her escape from 'boredom'.
Yet Featherine herself doesn't seem to be joking when she says that not everything is absolutely clear to her....it's still a mystery to me then how she was able to write the stories.

So...I'm rather lost in already over 40 pages with 60% of stuff not even really concerning actual plot, so sorry if it was already mentioned:

Does anybody else got the idea that Ange read all of Hachiju Tôya's books after finding out about her connection to the fake bottles and the Witch hunters and therefore remembered herself (as Gretel) going to the Golden Land, meeting Beatrice and MARIA and reviving Sakutarou?
It would explain how she could remember those events from a non-magical perspective (as at least the books up to 'End' have already been released and 'Dawn' is present as a book), it at least seems like those events actually did happen in 1998...

So I thought about...what if there is only 1 future and all the worlds we have seen are really just 'reinactments' of the 'bottle letters'? What if we really have to do what Featherine suggested with the story, that is 答え合わせ (to put the answers together)? Could it be that there is really just one future and we have to find out how those spiced up horror-fantasy-action novels combine to a bigger picture?
I know through this we would be facing a terribly dark and depressing ending...but somehow it seems not that unlikely right now....and Ryukishi can still go for a happy end in the Metaworld.
Old 2010-01-17, 02:42   Link #853
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
I know through this we would be facing a terribly dark and depressing ending...but somehow it seems not that unlikely right now....and Ryukishi can still go for a happy end in the Metaworld.
But this would completely invalidate the Metaworld, as it's just 'fictional' in the context of the series.

Thus making Umineko, like I've said before, a complete waste of time.

Besides, magic is real, it was confirmed in gold. >_>
Old 2010-01-17, 03:11   Link #854
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Besides, magic is real, it was confirmed in gold. >_>
As a trick, magic tricks are real.
Old 2010-01-17, 03:23   Link #855
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
As a trick, magic tricks are real.
Hence the ">_>". I know that magic isn't real... but, then, who says that the Meta-World is 'magic'?
Old 2010-01-17, 03:32   Link #856
Marion
The Great Dine

I think we'll get a similar Higurashi ending.

Spoiler for Higurashi spoiler:

Again, as I said before, Featherine is most likely the first 'magical human', similar to Hanyuu in Higurashi (dohohohoho) because it's more that Hachijou comes from Featherine, rather than the opposite. I do believe in parallel worlds and magic, in some form, has to exist for the game itself to even exist.
Old 2010-01-17, 04:18   Link #857
~Ayane~

Quote:
So I thought about...what if there is only 1 future and all the worlds we have seen are really just 'reinactments' of the 'bottle letters'? What if we really have to do what Featherine suggested with the story, that is 答え合わせ (to put the answers together)? Could it be that there is really just one future and we have to find out how those spiced up horror-fantasy-action novels combine to a bigger picture?
doesnt it rather mean that we should put together clues from all episodes to conclude the answer whats going on rather than what happened once and cant be changed ?

btw. some people just should get over it, there IS a magic, not of course in a form of gigantic towers rising suddenly from a ground but still....
Old 2010-01-17, 05:22   Link #858
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I think we'll get a similar Higurashi ending.

Spoiler for Higurashi spoiler:

Again, as I said before, Featherine is most likely the first 'magical human', similar to Hanyuu in Higurashi (dohohohoho) because it's more that Hachijou comes from Featherine, rather than the opposite. I do believe in parallel worlds and magic, in some form, has to exist for the game itself to even exist.
Personally I would rather not have that sort of ending. Everyone considers each other important in one way or another, and it's almost crystal clear that one of them is the murderer. At the least we could get an ending where all the innocents live and the murderer dies, or maybe where the person is caught and doesn't die, but given the setup that there's a conspiracy to commit murder I find it absurd to have a complete happy-dandy ending.

Edit - Summaries may or may not follow later depending whether I'm capable or not.
Old 2010-01-17, 10:37   Link #859
Marion
The Great Dine

Don't get me wrong, I don't hope for a happy-dandy ending. I just think there will be a world were everyone goes home.
Old 2010-01-17, 17:16   Link #860
Koi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't hope for a happy-dandy ending. I just think there will be a world were everyone goes home.
But, it's hard for a happily ever after end...
After all, Battler's wife is just an... illusion... *shot*
Closed Thread