AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-06-04, 01:24   Link #1221
rg4619

Are there any major issues with SHAFT? I've never watched their shows, but they seem far more reputable than most studios doing eroge to anime adaptations (which are usually quite bad. Even top-sellers like Tsuyokiss and Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na got poor treatment). That can only be a good thing, although quality is never guaranteed.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 02:40   Link #1222
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Soljashy
I am trying to get my hands on Triangle Heart, but HimeyaShop doesn't ship to my country. I am not having any luck with the other online shops listed in this thread either, nor can I find a torrent for the game. Could someone please help me?
Soljashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 12:58   Link #1223
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Holy high standards! It's obviously a bit simplified (as it must be for animation), but I'd say that's actually a pretty good and faithful rendition. If it looks like that in motion, I'd say they're doing pretty well to stay true to the game art. IMO, of course. It'll never look exactly like the CGs.
Hey, I can't help it after being wowed by the originals >.> It's the main girl that bugs me really, but I'll probably get used to them in time. Sola's designs aren't anything to the ED artwork either but I like those now
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 14:07   Link #1224
hiro01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljashy View Post
I am trying to get my hands on Triangle Heart, but HimeyaShop doesn't ship to my country. I am not having any luck with the other online shops listed in this thread either, nor can I find a torrent for the game. Could someone please help me?
Seeing that it's a pretty old game it's not a surprise to not see it in most stores. You can email them and see if they can find anymore or your best bet is to check out Yahoo Auctions or any other auction site. Good luck.
hiro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 14:51   Link #1225
Narumi
*Fansubber

There should be a re-release of Triangle Heart 1 and 2 made compatible for Vista coming out later this month. That one should be available for purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Holy high standards! It's obviously a bit simplified (as it must be for animation), but I'd say that's actually a pretty good and faithful rendition. If it looks like that in motion, I'd say they're doing pretty well to stay true to the game art. IMO, of course. It'll never look exactly like the CGs.
I think he was expecting it to look more like the opening animation.
Old 2007-06-04, 17:59   Link #1226
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
I think he was expecting it to look more like the opening animation.
An entire TV series with a budget like that would be quite something (and'd take years to produce, I imagine ).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 03:08   Link #1227
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Unless they're KyoAni, but that would be another story with Clannad.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 11:59   Link #1228
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Unless they're KyoAni, but that would be another story with Clannad.
I don't think even they would attempt do CGish art. It just looks really awkard in motion such that when they companies attempt it in game openings.....well have a look at what they usually do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHyyXY8tCWA. Do you really want that? It's not really feasible to try and have full blown CG characters animated.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-06-05 at 13:28.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 14:35   Link #1229
-Nyu-
Yozora

Agreed. Just the way the characters move their lips in the game. God, it looks odd O_o I prefer animation stlye
@KCT: Even when it's KyoAni. Better quality=higher production costs. You have to find a compromise between quality and costs.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 00:35   Link #1230
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
-Nyu-: Very, very true, otherwise the costs will be much more than what we see on the already high development costs for the game. I'm hoping that the animation would be at least low in terms of QUALITY moments.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 01:39   Link #1231
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Are there any major issues with SHAFT? I've never watched their shows, but they seem far more reputable than most studios doing eroge to anime adaptations (which are usually quite bad. Even top-sellers like Tsuyokiss and Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na got poor treatment). That can only be a good thing, although quality is never guaranteed.
SHAFT is a good choice imo. They have a good key animators in-house. As long as they don't outsource their work, the quality of animation shouldn't be of any worry.

Story wise, Ef is fairly easy to adapt into an anime since it lacks multiple heroines/arcs. If they plan to run one season, chances are that it'll cover Miyako's scenario (which I liked the most ^^).

-------

Other news, ExE 'Empty Embyro' by Yuzu-soft came out a few days ago. My preorder copy came even earlier, close to a week before the release date. If only more softhouses would follow this example.. >_> *cough* Root *cough*

Kono-san, the fact you can execute game combos in real life is frightingly moe...

Still in the common route, but my impression so far has been very good. Great cast of supporting characters, gripping SF/action storyline, beautiful CGs, the list goes on. Quite possibly one of the top ten best titles out this year. I'll post a short review once I finish Natsuki's scenario. (Heroine you see above.)

Game opening, "Trust in Me" by Sakakibara Yui

/end game promotion
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 08:36   Link #1232
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Whoa, now ExE has my interest.

In other news, someone's translated three of the relationship charts present in Seinarukana's Material Book. If anyone is interested, I can post them here as well. They don't offer anything new to the plot (rather, they give out very little information), but they give a new look to the characters.
Old 2007-06-06, 09:01   Link #1233
MeganeShounen
Huh?

@Erhejel
Feel free to post. Nothing like new views on old characters.

And on a side note (though, this might be old news for everyone else), ef's gonna get animated and the same goes for Kimikiss.

I guess fans are pretty much happily cheering right now. Me? I'm looking forward to Kimikiss.

Oh, and early anime screencaps for ef - a tale of memories.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 09:52   Link #1234
shadowplay
passive observer

Didn't minori said last year how they turning off all the offers for anime adaptation of ef, what a bunch of sellouts.
In other news TsukuTori is wiping the floor with all the other erogames released this year so far for me, finally something with really good story and atmosphere. Though character design is maybe lacking (and is totally unmoe), guess things can't be perfect.

edit: wow, didn't know you can put youtube videos into post, here's TsukuTori OP then

shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 10:32   Link #1235
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Sure thing then. This was translated by orisa, so credits go to him.

Spoiler:

I laughed at how Nozomi feels insecure about her chest when it comes to her "rivals". And the Ruptna - Reimu thing was just...lol.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2007-06-06 at 10:44.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 12:26   Link #1236
rg4619

Quote:
Didn't minori said last year how they turning off all the offers for anime adaptation of ef, what a bunch of sellouts.
Prior to release, minori mentioned that they declined all anime offers that had been pitched at the time. However, my assumption was that they were hoping to attract higher bids once the game took the galge world by storm. Actual market performance (if it's impressive) gives you a much more valuable bargaining chip.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 01:26   Link #1237
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Spoiler:

I laughed at how Nozomi feels insecure about her chest when it comes to her "rivals". And the Ruptna - Reimu thing was just...lol.
Hmm.. I like the way the Nozomu/Nozomi/Satsuki love triangle plays out..
  • Nozomu's too dense to sense Nozomi's love for him (probably due to their longtime sister-brother relationship).
  • Nozomi seems to have a slight inferiority complex to her senior, Satsuki, who thinks of her as a cute sister, a rival.. and a cute rival.
  • Finally, Satsuki does have feelings for Nozomu, but he probably doesn't realize this yet, because of the age gap...

Yuuto was the type of guy that just wanted to get home, save the ones he love while he's at it and be done with everything.. though he did become a total hero in the end. Wonder what would Nozomu's fate be?
Old 2007-06-07, 07:31   Link #1238
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Probably similar to Yuuto's, or maybe even more - after all, the fate of several worlds is tied to his destiny (or somewhat close to it).
Old 2007-06-08, 03:55   Link #1239
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Just browsing through a few imageboards, and I came across a wallpaper for Alice Parade (from Unisonshift). The Noizi Itou art was enough for me to trackback to the website and check the stuff in there.

Also, seems like it's going to be some Alice In Wonderland parody, with the usual gameplot tweak and Noizi Art rendition. There's a Mad Hatter (Funny), March Hare (Luna), Dormouse (Yamane), White Rabbit (Silk), Cheshire Cat (Neko), Soldier of Hearts/Ace to 10s (Rouge13 ) and the Queen of Hearts (Lavinia).

And there's that wierd Jack/Knave of Hearts (Emudori)...

Oddly enough, there were two characters with the Alice namesake... one's probably the titular lead girl, while the other one's a sharp looking lad. He's holding a notebook of sorts.. It sorta reminds me of people who direct plays... a hint, perhaps?

Lastly.. I have to say, the've got quite a nice character relationship chart there.
Wish someone would TL all that though.
Old 2007-06-09, 08:09   Link #1240
-Nyu-
Yozora

God that looks cute *-*
I'm actualy doing a list of the most popular visual novel/ eroge companies, could I ask for some tips?^^
And another question: I was looking for a trial version of Clannad, has been one released at all??
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel