2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 14:33   Link #1201
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Someone needs to rebuild the place, in case you forgot a major city has been nuked.
thats what builders are for
Old 2008-09-28, 14:34   Link #1202
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Really? For Lelouch he had to die as he was the symbol of all the hatred in the world and as a result of his death the world would be more untie. Also Lelouch changed over course of the show as a C.C said this his punishment for his crime.
people are misinterpreting what i said I already said in another post that the emperor persona needed to die for reasons you have just stated yourself. The post you quoted was me simply saying that lelouch himself has no reason to suicide because the persona death was enough to accomplish his goal.

for reference i added the post link to my signature so i dont have to repeat myself everytime
Old 2008-09-28, 14:34   Link #1203
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
Originally Posted by Aceywacey
If anyone is disappointed with the ending, I have written an alternate ending for everyone!

http://acesan.wordpress.com/2008/09/...nding-spamfic/

anything is better than the ending we all saw.

I'll give you +10 for putting in siscon incest at the end, you got good taste!
Aww you spoiled

I really would like this ending better though . And Zero Requiem would've still worked!!
Aceywacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:34   Link #1204
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
Suzaku and Nunnaly will take care of each other. And, unless another war pops up, soon Zero won't be needed anymore and Suzaku will do whatever he wants.
Suzaku and Nunnaly will go to the countryside like C.C and... Lelouch!
The problem here is as long as there's humanity in existence, there will always be wars

however, that story will just never be told (or just go watch Gundam or something for the wars)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:35   Link #1205
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
Yeah what the hell happened to him?? He isn't in any picture, but Tianzi is
Did he die? I couldn't understand a word throughout the whole episode(RAW), so I don't know

In some ways, the end really sucked-.- What about C.C.'s Name? Did Lelouch die or not? And Sayako? Li Xingke?? *sigh*
Almost as bad as FMA, where Winry didn't get her Eddie (my first anime!!)
Could it be that lots of anime endings are unsatisfying? Elfen Lied and Ghost Hunt weren't much better...
And don't get me started on Maross Frontier
C.C.'s name shall stay hidden forever unless someone leaks the original recordings or the voice actors leak the info - they recorded it after all.

Lelouch's death is up to interpretation. I'm almost convinced that he's alive and immortal. Almost.

No clue about Sayoko, but she got her farewell from Lelouch last episode.

Li is alive, since his mech is at the reception ceremony. I knew he wouldn't die - too many obvious death flags

I thought this was a pretty good ending, actually, although I was hoping for a much longer epilogue.

Macross has its own forum, so let's not drag it in here
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:36   Link #1206
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
He'd have all kinds of legacy problems if he didn't kill himself this way. There would be underground resistance movements through the entire tenure of his reign, and the moment he died naturally, the world would fracture and end up in chaos with everyone killing everyone else.

He's a bit naive though (or the writers wanted it to be too convenient). Even if a dictator dies and there is some period of peace and cooperation, it'll probably dissolve amidst power-gathering and backstabbing before the year is out. There's no such thing as perpetual peace. His so called "future" is merely the start of another cycle - all he did was displace the starting point a bit, nothing more.
The silly thing about his plan is that he could have easily just played the nice emperor and ended the war diplomatically. Going through the extra effort of making the world hate him in order to unite against him was a bit of a stretch, but it's not like it's an uncommon trope/cliche.

He wanted to die. He wasn't sacrificing himself for world peace. He wanted to atone for everything he did. I don't agree with his emo decision to kill himself, but whatever. Maybe he lives in the OVA.

Quote:
Really? For Lelouch he had to die as he was the symbol of all the hatred in the world and as a result of his death the world would be more untie. Also Lelouch changed over course of the show as a C.C said this his punishment for his crime.
But he didn't have to become a symbol of hate. He planned to become that way. When he took over Britannia the first time around, he could have preached reform and peace, but he didn't.

Alternatively, he could have stayed in the shadows, and just geassed Schneizel to do his bidding.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:36   Link #1207
hero147

Ehhhh....I'm so sad now....Even if I believe Lelouch is still alive....Wahhh
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:38   Link #1208
meijiOrO

I like the fact that since ep 25 parallels s1 ep1 in the end just like Lelouch accepted the geass contract from CC even when she warns him that it'll make him lonely parallels when Lelouch warns Suzaku that he will have to forsake his own happiness for the world and Suzaku accepts the "geass" aka the burden.
meijiOrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:38   Link #1209
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

At the end scene C.C. doesn't have her Geass mark and moreover, she is at a church similar to the very one where she received her Code when Lelouch is at the parade ... also the way he transfers his memories to Nunnally when she touches his hand is very similar to how C.C. transferred her own memories - this is clearly an effect of the Code. All of these and Taniguchi's history of giving happy endings to his characters show that Lelouch, is in fact alive. After all, why would Lelouch effectively kill himself when he can receive C.C.'s Code and therefore make C.C.'s wish come true? I think the ending was very clear, just like Gun X Sword's end.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:38   Link #1210
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The problem here is as long as there's humanity in existence, there will always be wars

however, that story will just never be told (or just go watch Gundam or something for the wars)
LOL, but this isn't Gundam!
I think that in CG, peace can last!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:39   Link #1211
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

Lelocuh is just like Itachi Uchiha ... willing to die being hated by everyone n so forth
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:39   Link #1212
lousylaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Kallen knows the truth.
So does Toudou at least.
Rewatch the scene.
Well she figured that it was his plan but not that it was Suzaku behind the mask. Then again she went unconscious before Lancelot exploded so I guess she might think he's alive.

Well that and the fact she and everyone saw Zero dodging bullets and jumping over mechs like nothing. Ya, ok she probably knows.
lousylaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:39   Link #1213
KnightWraith

Just seen the sub version.. Thought it was a fitting end.. so in the end it was lelouchxnunally
KnightWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:40   Link #1214
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
The silly thing about his plan is that he could have easily just played the nice emperor and ended the war diplomatically. Going through the extra effort of making the world hate him in order to unite against him was a bit of a stretch, but it's not like it's an uncommon trope/cliche
Exactly, and this is not something too pushy, as... weirdly enough, almost no one in CG verse figured that Damocles showering the world randomly with fleia is far worse than despotic empire so, it was actually a bit unconvincing that he "had" to die for that.

Although the reasoning is fine, it was certainly not the best and the lone solution, and should he played nice like how he did before going "conqueror mode", he would actually be able to have a better guarantee that the world would be in peace for nunally, instead of temporarily taking all the hate.
Old 2008-09-28, 14:40   Link #1215
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
The silly thing about his plan is that he could have easily just played the nice emperor and ended the war diplomatically. Going through the extra effort of making the world hate him in order to unite against him was a bit of a stretch, but it's not like it's an uncommon trope/cliche.

He wanted to die. He wasn't sacrificing himself for world peace. He wanted to atone for everything he did. I don't agree with his emo decision to kill himself, but whatever. Maybe he lives in the OVA.
I doubt it, what with people like Schneizel and many others playing their cards at the same time, in this case the main threat posed by any dictator is their ability to not come off as one, by revealing their true face even if it was a mask he created an image that will forever leave an impression of what people should watch out for like another Schneizel or some such other person.

I disagree, on top of what I think on his survival rating, I also think that the atonement part was merely part of the whole, I believe his priority was the world in the end, otherwise as you said he could have gone out in a number of different way besides that. Anyway, if I had the option I'd take it myself honestly if that's what it took to bring about world peace,skewer me, and I like to think I'm a positive individual anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Exactly, and this is not something too pushy, as... weirdly enough, almost no one in CG verse figured that Damocles showering Fleia randomly is far worse than despotic empire so, it was actually a bit unconvincing that he "had" to die for that.

Although the reasoning is fine, it was certainly not the best and the lone solution, and should he played nice like how he did before going "conqueror mode", he would actually be able to have a better guarantee that the world would be in peace for nunally, instead of temporarily taking all the hate.
Uh, if I remember didn't he also take on that image as well concerning the threat of spamming Damocoles? Nobody knew it was Schneizel's intention, so Lelouch made it his own in order to add to their hatred for him.

Honestly, I rather doubt anything less could have made as much an impact, could have gotten people to open their eyes as they did. To think things can be solved by just playing nice seemed more naive and fragile then anything else in the current system before the one he introduced with his demise, you must destroy before you can create, etc. etc.
Old 2008-09-28, 14:40   Link #1216
Miraploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
That was the Sigfreid Sutherland. Take a picture of the ship in the OP and take a picture of the Sigfried firing in episode 24. You'll see what I mean
Thanks, I understood that was the Sutherland, but what I meant was that, didn't the OP signify a space battle?
Miraploy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:41   Link #1217
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Lelouch is not dead. There are too many 'coincidences' (check my sig) to really say that he is.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:42   Link #1218
king12354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As Zero, he would obviously have no way to get a break from his duty. Furthermore, Lelouch trying to move out would be more like suicide then anything. That would be the worst case scenario as people would certainly give Lelouch a full run for his money in term of torture and experience (see C.C.).
Please at least compare how her tone change. The thing is that the fact isn't confirmed blatantly, but the amount of "convenient coincidences" are a bit too much.

Ah, so she realized everything just by grasping his hand, while there are so many amount of flashback, that she would never imagine? (especially Suzaku with lelouch and CC).
The fact there were such flashbacks are too much to conclude "oh, she figured herself". That is impossible.
Why wouldn't zero have a break? Are there more Lelouchs' out there to kill? Even Lelouch manage to balance ruling the Black Knights and going to school albeit with help. I like to remind you once again Suzaku isn't the crying type.

You can't change your tone when talking to a person you're imagining? I guess some people don't understand what I mean though.

Oh noes! you said the "i" word. May God have mercy on your soul. In other words, it's an anime not to mention that it never before had a real coherent plot.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:42   Link #1219
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

Man this ending was fuckin awesome. I believe Lelouch is dead, and it was beautiful way to end it too. Some people know the truth, some dont. But i think that they did a really good job ending the series.
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:42   Link #1220
TheCreator

The name of Lelouch and Suzaku is dead, Suzaku died as a hero, and Lelouch died as a villain to free the hatre.

But Suzaku is zero now and Lelouch is still alive. In the final minutes of the episode, you see a person controlling the carriage and CC on the top. CC the said something along the line of "the power of king, gess, makes people lonely", then she giggles and say "I suppose that's no true", and right after that, in a cheerful way direct a question at Lelouch arching her head to the front of the carriage, "right Lelouch?" . Lelouch is the person controlling the carriage LOL. He's alive. There is going to be a movie.
TheCreator is offline   Reply With Quote