AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-28, 13:19   Link #541
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Seems like i'm the only one who prefers her new hair style.

I've always preferred girls with short hair anyway.
Old 2009-09-28, 13:45   Link #542
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm with Shiroth. I like the new hairstyle.

Actually, the only think that I didn't like about her before was her character design. I like her so much more now because of it.

And lol@character development that doesn't actually develop. I feel like this chapter just reset whatever happened last chapter, except now Kouta is realizing has feelings for Natsuki.
Old 2009-09-28, 13:47   Link #543
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Seems like i'm the only one who prefers her new hair style.
Yeah, pretty much. For me I hate how much she now resembles the girls from Ichigo and Hatsukoi (as if Natsuki was not enough) and here I thought that at least for once mangaka would not use the same overused hairstyle in this manga. No chance.

It will be a total fail if Kanade would win since then we could say that all girls with such haircut is a 'winner' by a default in Kawashita's manga's.
Old 2009-09-28, 13:56   Link #544
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I'm with Shiroth. I like the new hairstyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yeah, pretty much.
Nope. Looks like i'm not the only one.
Old 2009-09-28, 14:10   Link #545
Johnny
Working the bags...

Now that I look back at it. She looks like an underdeveloped Chia with the new haircut...
Old 2009-09-28, 14:20   Link #546
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yeah, pretty much. For me I hate how much she now resembles the girls from Ichigo and Hatsukoi (as if Natsuki was not enough) and here I thought that at least for once mangaka would not use the same overused hairstyle in this manga. No chance.

It will be a total fail if Kanade would win since then we could say that all girls with such haircut is a 'winner' by a default in Kawashita's manga's.
Lol, I bet you have no tolerance to Adachi's manga.

And what if later on Natsuki also gets a short haircut?
Old 2009-09-28, 14:54   Link #547
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
And what if later on Natsuki also gets a short haircut?
You know, sometimes you say some disturbingly scary stuff
Old 2009-09-28, 17:46   Link #548
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol yeah , i agree , she looks like the others blond XD

Well , Kouta seems interested to Natsuki . but come on , there is a little cute girl who is the same age of you and you think to Natsuki .
Me i think that he should go for Sakurai . Natsuki is too old and she isn't interested for him . (if we make sense , well , its a manga so the author can make it happens )
She's more a old sister .
Old 2009-09-28, 18:16   Link #549
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Lol yeah , i agree , she looks like the others blond XD

Well , Kouta seems interested to Natsuki . but come on , there is a little cute girl who is the same age of you and you think to Natsuki .
Me i think that he should go for Sakurai . Natsuki is too old and she isn't interested for him . (if we make sense , well , its a manga so the author can make it happens )
She's more a old sister .
And there in lies the dilemma, as well the title of the series. Although he is too young for Natsuki to have a serious relationship, any guy would like to go out with an older girl like her.

Kanade really does have her work cut out for her. And the more time she wastes, the more it will hurt her cause.
Old 2009-09-28, 18:21   Link #550
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The only way Kouta and Natsuki will work out is if theres a time skip of about 5 years.
Old 2009-09-28, 20:03   Link #551
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The only way Kouta and Natsuki will work out is if theres a time skip of about 5 years.
I think 5 years is a bit too long. He'll only need 3, she is pretty immature herself (at least she acts that way). But it doesn't have to be a time skip - it could just be 100+ chapters. lol.
Old 2009-09-28, 20:38   Link #552
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Started reading this manga just now and caught up, but it's still kinda meh to me.

And I don't like Sakurai's hair cut.
Old 2009-09-28, 21:29   Link #553
Cinocard

So much for Sakurai's hair cut.

Okay, her last hair may have had more air of a feminine, gentle, traditional Asian woman (even though a blonde ), but this short hair cut is much more suited to that dynamic personality of her, and she's still cute, so I have no problem with it, and why so bother about a Nishino second?

That said, we need a real feminine, gentle, traditional Asian female main in Kawashita's manga for once. Is she a feminist?
Old 2009-09-28, 22:34   Link #554
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

She turned into Ayumi from Hatsukoi Limited...
Old 2009-09-29, 01:23   Link #555
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
So much for Sakurai's hair cut.

Okay, her last hair may have had more air of a feminine, gentle, traditional Asian woman (even though a blonde ), but this short hair cut is much more suited to that dynamic personality of her, and she's still cute, so I have no problem with it, and why so bother about a Nishino second?

That said, we need a real feminine, gentle, traditional Asian female main in Kawashita's manga for once. Is she a feminist?
I think twintails are more suited for a dynamic personality than short hair. When I think of short hair I am more reminded of Ai Yori Aoshi or Rei and Yui from Evangelion.

Not to mention that it was something rather new in Kawasita's manga to have one of main characters in twintails and now she went to the old overused by her style which is why it bothers me.

She is now like Ayumi and Nishino... And I do not think it is a good thing.

Maybe she is a realist? As feminine, gentle, traditional Asian woman are getting more and more extinct in Japan... Of course it should not apply to manga though - it is still mangaka's choice.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-09-29 at 03:50.
Old 2009-09-29, 03:04   Link #556
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I actually rather find her cute with shorter hair. I'm sure this guy will be disappointed though.

Old 2009-09-29, 05:21   Link #557
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think 5 years is a bit too long. He'll only need 3, she is pretty immature herself (at least she acts that way). But it doesn't have to be a time skip - it could just be 100+ chapters. lol.
I'd be fine with that.

It'll be interesting when Natsuki finds out Kouta's recent opinion of her, and then the drama will reach new heights. I can't wait.
Old 2009-09-29, 17:56   Link #558
cry
Berry Bunny

a timeskip would kill the concept i think. if kouta grows too fast, it'll just turn into a generic harem manga... the current age gap between the two will add more struggles and character development.
sakurai is cute. i feel sorry for her.
Old 2009-09-29, 18:48   Link #559
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry View Post
a timeskip would kill the concept i think. if kouta grows too fast, it'll just turn into a generic harem manga... the current age gap between the two will add more struggles and character development.
I just hope Sakurai has some sort of happy ending. No one likes when the losing girl (I think there is a good chance she will lose) ends up alone and unhappy. But if she does win, that would be a great way to break the cliche.
Old 2009-09-29, 19:16   Link #560
Cinocard

Quote:
I just hope Sakurai has some sort of happy ending. No one likes when the losing girl (I think there is a good chance she will lose) ends up alone and unhappy.
In Ichigo 100%, Junpei Manaka never had any real contender. Most of the girls were still single at the end of the manga. I hope this will not be the case with Ane Doki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry View Post
That's what we already discussed. Definitely a portion of the manga will be about a kinda-grown-up Kouta, only then can he have equal footing with Natsuki for any serious 2-side relationship, but how large that portion is, no one knows yet.

The point is will Kawashita show us Kouta's grow-up process, or will she use a time-skip, and when. Or will the manga be canceled before that?
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen