AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 25 40.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 24.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 16.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 14.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-23, 00:03   Link #21
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hey! You three! What are you doing having character interactions outside of your designated pairings!!

"Mommy! When I grow up I want to be the background narrator." Talk about a career choice.

I love the attention to the little jokes.
Old 2010-06-23, 01:27   Link #22
bombyethan1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You might want to read the threads more often or check the wikipedia .... this season is slated for 26 episodes (confirmed many weeks ago).

Random observation: I find it always amusing that K-On!! is a seinen publication .... another example of how many western fans misinterpret what the categories even mean.
oh wow....
Old 2010-06-23, 02:40   Link #23
itzglez
♫♫♪

when Yui was thinking of the mountains with the sound of drums, the first thing that hit my head was "pata-pata-pata-pon... pata-pata-pata-pon... pon-pon-pata-pon~" yeeaaahhh I'm playing Patapon on PSP right now, couldn't get it out of my head... =_=

~huggles tight Mugi-chwan! she's so cute when her slippers slipped!
~bites tanned AZu-nyan *whacked!!!*

pretty interesting ep and not so used with K-On! having too many people. gotta watch subbed, all I could understand was Mugi-chwan saying Yakisoba kawaii at the same time! >.<
Old 2010-06-23, 02:48   Link #24
GreatTeacherKen

Mio being openly excited about something is a rare sight, but quite amusing; she's so excited that she's started to say some uncharacteristically unreasonable things like wishing she can teleport or have two bodies.

I also like the little scene on the hill at the end, it had a nice atmosphere and I think it showed the bond the girls and unity the girls have in spite of their flaws quite well.
Old 2010-06-23, 02:50   Link #25
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
By the way, what's the deal with Mio shirt? Two-way traffic?

Or maybe, "I swing both ways"..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzglez View Post
gotta watch subbed, all I could understand was Mugi-chwan saying Yakisoba
tent-Mugi: "Yahoo!"
Old 2010-06-23, 03:21   Link #26
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
By the way, what's the deal with Mio shirt? Two-way traffic?

Or maybe, "I swing both ways"..?
"I can be seme or uke. Your pick."

Last edited by TakuanInc.; 2010-06-23 at 07:04.
Old 2010-06-23, 03:25   Link #27
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

13 or 24?

it was an okay ep. not enough actual music.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-06-23, 04:36   Link #28
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
"I can be seme or uke. Your pic."
Spoiler for NSFW commentary:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-23, 04:46   Link #29
Friday
Im shy too...

Sawa in her elements
Old 2010-06-23, 05:19   Link #30
sunwen

This episode is for Mugi strongly attached to yakisoba noodle.
Old 2010-06-23, 05:45   Link #31
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

So nice to see all the girls let loose. Mugi was unexpectedly cute, Sawako hilarious as usual. Next week, the younger trio! Sweet!
Old 2010-06-23, 06:11   Link #32
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

They're all completely of their minds.

Fucking yes!

Sawako taking the lead was expected obviously since... well we all know she's done this wayyyy too many times before. It's also nice to see Mio being pumped up for once rather than being so scared and timid all the damn time. Seeing all of them rocking the shit out with the rest of the crowd and simply having a blast is a nice turn from the slower, more everyday events of the previous episodes.

The scene on the grass under the starry sky of course was the best part of the episode. Ok sure they aren't the best but Yui wasn't being arrogant when she said it because, you know, they need their confidence, and of course being then and there and able to watch the best bands blow the collective minds of almost a hundred thousand fans is a feat in itself. As she says, she hopes they can still play together in the future, for years to come, and one day play in a rock festival like this.

Which of course convinces me now beyond a reasonable doubt that the series must end with them rocking some manner of shit and blow a number of collective brains from their craniums. Anything else and I will be disappoint.

You heard me Kyoto Animation?

Very Much Disappoint.
Old 2010-06-23, 07:05   Link #33
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

no use of op and ed. interesting, is it really confirmed for 26 ep?

OT : The real thing?

Last edited by iHateApril3rd2009; 2010-06-23 at 07:20.
Old 2010-06-23, 07:17   Link #34
zette

Seeing Mio go wild for a change instantly makes this episode awesome. This ep just makes me feel like attending a rock concert, haven't been to one since 2008. ):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Which of course convinces me now beyond a reasonable doubt that the series must end with them rocking some manner of shit and blow a number of collective brains from their craniums. Anything else and I will be disappoint.
Hell yes, this. We've been waiting so long for their epic performance and it absolutely needs to be done. *still very much hoping for a live performance of Don't Say Lazy*
Old 2010-06-23, 07:41   Link #35
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

some boring parts, but Azu nyan is adorable.
Old 2010-06-23, 08:00   Link #36
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Poor Mugi - it was sad to see her miss out on the common people's food.

Damnit, now I really want to attend a music festival. Just two little problems: Australia's "Big Day Out" doesn't really have anything worth listening (apart from the occasional heavy metal band), and England's "Download Festival" clashes with my mid-year university exams...

*sighs*

I wish Sawako-sensei could bring me to Finland, home to some of the most intense melodic death metal bands in the world...
Old 2010-06-23, 08:14   Link #37
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
By the way, what's the deal with Mio shirt?
"Cock goes here and here."

Quote:
Mugi never got to taste Yui's yakisoba?
If you know what I mean.

Quote:
Which of course convinces me now beyond a reasonable doubt that the series must end with them rocking some manner of shit and blow a number of collective brains from their craniums.
This. Budokan or bust! The manga doesn't seem to be going that direction, but I hope KyoAni staff has the balls to end this on their own note.
Old 2010-06-23, 08:53   Link #38
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Now that the series is steering into a more character relationship direction, and, mind you the term, a more slice of life'ish tendence, it seems the people who were here for the comedy are starting to get disappointed.

Personally I couldn't be happier. I must say it's the first time I've seen so much improvement between one season to the other in an anime series, and this chapter is no exception.

Last edited by Proto; 2010-06-23 at 09:08.
Old 2010-06-23, 08:55   Link #39
Peanutbutter

Pretty bland episode in my opinion. Considering the place where they're at.

Feels like a lull period before the real thing starts.
Old 2010-06-23, 09:39   Link #40
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateApril3rd2009 View Post
no use of op and ed. interesting, is it really confirmed for 26 ep?
Really? The one I watched had the op and the ed. Also confirmation for 26 eps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Ok sure they aren't the best but Yui wasn't being arrogant when she said it because, you know, they need their confidence, and of course being then and there and able to watch the best bands blow the collective minds of almost a hundred thousand fans is a feat in itself.
With the way their Cd's are selling, she's not too off with that assessment

But really, I was kinda disappointed by this episode, mainly because I was probably expecting too much. In particular its how the stage got so little screentime but I guess I should've expected that. The focus on excited Mio got old fast, but that's due to my apathy to most things Mio.

Another thing I notice is how "loose" Mugi is within the band. I mean there was no question from the beginning that Mio was going with RItsu and Yui was going with Azusa but Mugi... just went with the person most likely to be in contact with Yakisoba . She really needs to have more on-screen bonding moments with the others.

That said, the night part really was best part of this episode. The diffuse lighting from the grounds made it quite touching and it really encapsulated the "feel" of the series as whole.

Last edited by krko; 2010-06-23 at 09:50. Reason: Confirmation
Closed Thread