AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you prefer girls with or without make-up?
With 26 18.31%
Without 116 81.69%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-25, 21:43   Link #61
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I don't really care. If I'm attracted to a girl, it probably won't be because of her makeup, lol. So I leave it to the ladies to decide, since it's pretty irrelevant to me, and it's not my face/body in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
None of you guys are hot enough to attract a woman who is likewise hot enough to never wear makeup.
False. Or at least I'd like to believe that it is false
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 22:56   Link #62
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

You know whoever neg-repped me for "semi-racist" comment, that sure as hell was not my intent. Whoever you are, you sure need to take a chill pill. Jesus, I could say girls from India have the best eyes, in my opinion, but I guess I could get racist-failed for that one too.

And my with-makeup argument still stands.

Last edited by raile; 2011-01-27 at 06:45.
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 12:54   Link #63
Prodigy
Heartless

I prefer a girl with natural beauty but a little make-up never hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Jesus, I could say girls from India have the best eyes, in my opinion, but I guess I could get racist-failed for that one too.
Although it helps when it comes to the ladies, imo it's not as glamorous being an Indian guy with those eyes. It sucks having "girly eyes"!
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 20:16   Link #64
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
You know whoever neg-repped me for "semi-racist" comment, that sure as hell was not my intent. Whoever you are, you sure need to take a chill pill. Jesus, I could say girls from India have the best eyes, in my opinion, but I guess I could get racist-failed for that one too.

That's nothing! I was negrepped for being gay.
Old 2011-01-27, 06:24   Link #65
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
I prefer a girl with natural beauty but a little make-up never hurts.

Although it helps when it comes to the ladies, imo it's not as glamorous being an Indian guy with those eyes. It sucks having "girly eyes"!
I dunno, I think long lashes on a guy is nice to look at , especially when it compliments well with the lovely shape of it (eyes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
That's nothing! I was negrepped for being gay.
Old 2011-01-27, 06:32   Link #66
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:

1. It's against the rules to post about rep
2. I got negged here too with a smile ""
3. I still stand neutral on the matter. With or without makeup, so long as it's done right and I can still have time to appreciate the girl's natural look, I don't have any particular tendency.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 06:39   Link #67
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Without, I prefer the natural beauty.

I was once with a girl who wore SOOOOOOO much make-up, she literally had two difference faces.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 10:24   Link #68
LeoXiao
思想工作

Makeup can look good, but I'd prefer less if possible, since when i see someone wearing makeup I can't help but think she's trying to compensate for something, even if she is pretty without it. Some women may look sexier with makeup correctly applied, but it detracts from the original prettiness. It's like the difference between candy and fruit; candy may be more absolutely sweet but fruit has more taste.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 12:10   Link #69
Gin
*Artist

With make up.

Make up makes girls look way hotter, and gives them another canvass to express themselves on. I like when girls wear crazy make-up, I know this one chick who has eyeshadow that reacts to black light, it looks hella cool. And one time I saw a dude with his face painted like darth maul, I think that would have looked pretty cool on a girl.
Old 2011-01-28, 07:44   Link #70
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Objection!
This poll is sexist to to heterosexual girls who have no interest in girls to have a preference if they like with or without make up!
I'm shocked and appalled by the lack of considersation for the fairer sex on a broader scale.

Where's the:
"I'm female and I prefer it on."
"I'm female and prefer it off."

I demand that the OP hang their head in shame and wear a full heavy set of make up for an entire day offline, bright red lipstick, blusher, thick mascara, foundation, the works.
And take a picture and post onto Asuki as their penance.
(Based on the assumption that the OP is male)

9 times outta 10, those who you think have no make up on, have it, but have applied it to become 'invisible'.
(That's the best application, used to enhance scretly rather than to stand out).
Me personally was the teenager who snuck out of the house into the car to avoid her mother grabbing her to put face powder on just before her family left for an event or something.
I don't mind it, but am faaaaaaar too lazy to deal with taking it off so I haven't worn it most of my life, as a result, cannot apply it well.
Happy to be 100% natural and make up free for life

Now seriously, the OP needs to pay big time here....

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 08:18   Link #71
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Objection!
This poll is sexist to to heterosexual girls who have no interest in girls to have a preference if they like with or without make up!
I'm shocked and appalled by the lack of considersation for the fairer sex on a broader scale.
Hence the reason why I don't post here. Didn't bother.

Now if you excuse me, I am going to dig a spiderhole and put a couple of bulletproof vests over it, while Myst goes on an all out rampage.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 11:36   Link #72
starrysky77

I'm a girl and I don't wear makeup and never will! I think people look better without it too. But that's just my opinion.
starrysky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 13:15   Link #73
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Objection!

Where's the:

I demand that the OP hang their head in shame and wear a full heavy set of make up for an entire day offline, bright red lipstick, blusher, thick mascara, foundation, the works.
In very MINOR defense of the OP, he did say "especially guys" ... but yeah, as with most of the reader-made polls on this forum, he left off many of the possible answers. I'm beginning to think any polls should have to be pre-moderated though its not like they don't have enough on their plate with various nerd-rage wars.

Actually, its always "amusing/tragic/appalling" how often a poster (either as OP or whatever) will ASSUME that
1) the readers are all in the USA. (or worse, in their own neighborhood, nothing beats posting to the entire planet a query about what is happening down the street with insufficient use of proper nouns)
2) that the readers are all young male teens (the prehistoric 'there are no girlz on the net' idiocy)
3) that the asserted opinions they have are 'fact' (a natural result of never having to critique themselves or learn how to discuss).

At the least, its incredibly provincial. So we get people getting negrepped for expressing attractive preferences in race, orientation, age, etc.... whee.
Old 2011-01-28, 14:08   Link #74
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
At the least, its incredibly provincial. So we get people getting negrepped for expressing attractive preferences in race, orientation, age, etc.... whee.
Humans are sad, ignorant creatures.

Quote:
Objection!

Where's the:

9 times outta 10, those who you think have no make up on, have it, but have applied it to become 'invisible'.
(That's the best application, used to enhance scretly rather than to stand out).
Me personally was the teenager who snuck out of the house into the car to avoid her mother grabbing her to put face powder on just before her family left for an event or something.
I don't mind it, but am faaaaaaar too lazy to deal with taking it off so I haven't worn it most of my life, as a result, cannot apply it well.
Happy to be 100% natural and make up free for life

On that note, I doubt that this was made to be sexist. I highly doubt that it was Hera's intention. It was merely a poll to collect opinions, and every post has held honest beliefs with no slandering of anyone, until you arrived. This may be out of line for me, but do not instantly assume that things are always a battle of sexes, race, or anything else without trying to imagine the motive behind them. Is every survey about living conditions in the slums an insult to the economically challenged? No; it is an assessment of how different living conditions can be when you head 2 blocks away from your home. With no foul intent meant, you should not create it unless you are completely prepared to deal with the negative consequences that come with it. Pull your head out from wherever you keep it and try and look at things from another perspective.
Old 2011-01-28, 14:55   Link #75
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
On that note, I doubt that this was made to be sexist. I highly doubt that it was Hera's intention. It was merely a poll to collect opinions, and every post has held honest beliefs with no slandering of anyone, until you arrived. This may be out of line for me, but do not instantly assume that things are always a battle of sexes, race, or anything else without trying to imagine the motive behind them. Is every survey about living conditions in the slums an insult to the economically challenged? No; it is an assessment of how different living conditions can be when you head 2 blocks away from your home. With no foul intent meant, you should not create it unless you are completely prepared to deal with the negative consequences that come with it. Pull your head out from wherever you keep it and try and look at things from another perspective.
I got the feeling that post was supposed to be sarcastic and shouldn't be taken too seriously at all.

Either way, I think a lot of girls could be a lot cuter if they didn't wear face-paint all the friggin' time. Sometimes, it's those little 'defects' that can make a girl that much more attractive. And as with everything, too much is definitely bad. If you feel like you MUST apply it and absolutely cannot do without, please be conservative and only apply it to accentuate your good points, not to disguise your bad ones, because there will most likely come a time when you find someone who WILL find out what you're hiding from him (or her, if you swing that way) and the results may not be pretty.
Old 2011-01-28, 16:41   Link #76
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I think a lot of the girls posting here are annoyed at all the guys saying "without" because the whole entire enterprise of "expected feminine standards of beauty" is pretty much completely the fault of guys.

The image that girls chase--the shoes, the clothes, the makeup, the jewelry--it's a big business, makes billions of dollars a year around the world, and is almost wholly promoted, developed and perpetuated by dudes.

You'll get a lot of feminists who bristle at the responses male posters are giving here, because a lot of the pressure for a woman to look pretty is the pressure to attract a mate (which is usually male)--a lot of that pressure is placed on women by men.

Personally I don't care nor do I listen, and the way I dress and wear makeup is completely unrelated to catching a man, of course.
Old 2011-01-28, 17:08   Link #77
Aqua Knight

Obviously with.

Overload of make-up is gross, but when used in a right way , it makes the girl shine. It's like: do you like girls who dress with fashion style opposed to those who dress simple,plain and boring?

Well, maybe not a good comparison but " Natural is the only true beauty" is just too idealistic for me. It's like who cares about money,work,looks when we have love.And make-up in a proper way can't make things worse even for a very natural beautiful girl, I believe so.

So if you have something to make you look better, even by a little, why not use it?
Old 2011-01-28, 18:28   Link #78
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Obviously with.

Overload of make-up is gross, but when used in a right way , it makes the girl shine. It's like: do you like girls who dress with fashion style opposed to those who dress simple,plain and boring?

Well, maybe not a good comparison but " Natural is the only true beauty" is just too idealistic for me. It's like who cares about money,work,looks when we have love.And make-up in a proper way can't make things worse even for a very natural beautiful girl, I believe so.

So if you have something to make you look better, even by a little, why not use it?
There's nothing wrong with creams and the like to keep skin smooth and healthy. When you use makeup, however, you also use mineral products and byproducts that aren't always healthy.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 18:28   Link #79
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Either way, I think a lot of girls could be a lot cuter if they didn't wear face-paint all the friggin' time. Sometimes, it's those little 'defects' that can make a girl that much more attractive. And as with everything, too much is definitely bad. If you feel like you MUST apply it and absolutely cannot do without, please be conservative and only apply it to accentuate your good points, not to disguise your bad ones, because there will most likely come a time when you find someone who WILL find out what you're hiding from him (or her, if you swing that way) and the results may not be pretty.
Wait, wait, wait.

Are you saying that if I wear make-up to cover up flaws, I'm basically lying to the world, and one day, someone will find out I have skin issues or something and they will dump me because of it? That's... huh.

For one, covering up flaws with make-up is not the same as never mentioning you have them. Even if you don't mention them, though, I don't see how it's that big of a deal.

Oh well. I'm just glad I don't swing either way, then, and can continue lying to the world without any fear of repercussions whenever I feel like it!
Old 2011-01-28, 18:38   Link #80
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I love the things you post, Nogi.