Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-04-15, 02:43   Link #161
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engels View Post
But I am on the part where [SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR] Kaoru is discovered to be alive. Damn. That arc is really good and so deserved an animation. I hope the rest is even better.
Actually, if they can pull it off in live-action (and they've shown us that they can), I'd rather they jumped right into live-action adaptation because fans will eventually want it after it's adapted into anime anyway .
Old 2019-04-15, 05:10   Link #162
Engels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Actually, if they can pull it off in live-action (and they've shown us that they can), I'd rather they jumped right into live-action adaptation because fans will eventually want it after it's adapted into anime anyway .
But people say it's not going to be adapted for anime because of the mess Watsuki did.
Engels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 15:34   Link #163
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The first PSP game was the first thing that adapted the Jinchu arc. Even that new Jump crossover had Kenshin doing a new technique that only happens in the manga. Considering the new manga is monthly I doubt we might get a reboot in years. Maybe never.
Old 2019-07-03, 12:05   Link #164
Engels

Almost finished

I am almost done with the original manga -- Yahiko's Sakabatou is the only thing left, and that isn't even part of the main story, as far as I can tell.

After being done with it, I will post some comments about the Jinchuu arc.

Last edited by Engels; 2023-07-29 at 04:27.
Old 2019-07-04, 15:20   Link #165
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

There is also a minichapter about the main cast gathering to celebrate spring as a bigger close to the story. At least it was completely in colors.
Old 2019-07-05, 01:58   Link #166
Engels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
There is also a minichapter about the main cast gathering to celebrate spring as a bigger close to the story. At least it was completely in colors.
What's the name of this 'minichapter'?
Old 2019-07-05, 14:36   Link #167
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
What's the name of this 'minichapter'?
haru ni sakura
Old 2019-07-07, 22:09   Link #168
Engels

Quote:
haru ni sakura
Thanks. I have to get Kenshin Kaden in order to read it legally?
Old 2019-07-08, 19:58   Link #169
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

That book must be out of stock but I heard the Kazenban had it. Still, it just six color pages of the cast talking about how they are living
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 01:48   Link #170
Engels

Quote:
That book must be out of stock but I heard the Kazenban had it. Still, it just six color pages of the cast talking about how they are living
Here where I live it's not out of stock, apparently. And there's no published Kanzenban either. So...

Last edited by Engels; 2023-07-29 at 04:31.
Old 2022-02-07, 03:51   Link #171
Engels

Quote:
The first PSP game was the first thing that adapted the Jinchu arc. Even that new Jump crossover had Kenshin doing a new technique that only happens in the manga. Considering the new manga is monthly I doubt we might get a reboot in years. Maybe never.
Well, apparently that last bit turned out to be false, since there are rumors that a second anime series will be released. Will we finally have the Jinchuu arc adapted for anime, in full and faithfully? That would indeed be neat.

Speaking of which, this past month I managed to watch ALL FIVE live-action movies. I think I had watch snippets of the Shishio films around the time that they came out, but I shuggred them off because for me, it simply didn't look or *feel* like the anime/manga (at the time). I cannot precisely explain why.

That being said, after the two Netflix movies came out, I watched them all in full (albeit a bit out of order) and had a newfound appreciation for them. I won't elaborate extensively now, but I can say in short that they not only managed to stay largely true to the 'spirit' of the original series, they were perfectly servicable action/adventure movies in and of themselves. And the stuff they 'adapted'/left out/invented were IMO mostly understandable and worked quite well. Kudos to the creative team!

And right now we can look forward to the new anime series. Good times to be a RK fan!

Last edited by Engels; 2022-02-07 at 04:45.
Old 2022-02-07, 04:32   Link #172
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not rumors, it's confirmed. Though whether it's a reboot, continuation or just Hokkaido is still unknown.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-15, 01:48   Link #173
Engels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Not rumors, it's confirmed. Though whether it's a reboot, continuation or just Hokkaido is still unknown.
Yeah, I said ''rumors'' because I was trying to get info on this new series, and I went straight into Wikipedia. However, I had read only the introductory section, which had the line ''A second anime television series adaptation by Liden Films has been announced.''; but it was UNSOURCED, and still is unsourced to this day (link: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...did=1069971363). However, in the ''adaptations'' section/subsection, it is indeed sourced, so 'my fault' for not checking carefully.

And you are right that I 'jumped' straight into the conclusion that it would be a reboot (and therefore also assumed there would be Jinchuu), but I don't know, I may have read something that said it would indeed be a reboot (or maybe I just had an unjustified 'hunch'). I am hoping for a reboot, but it could indeed be Hokkaido (I even forgot about Hokkaido; now I plan to read it as well).

Continuation? Maybe, but it would be like making a new Dragon Ball Super anime with a new story, instead of adapting the manga and/or the newest movies. To me, it seems...unlikely.

Well, let's wait and see! I remember a blogger commenting long ago that those 'new anime project' announcements are (deliberately?) ridiculously vague. Since this is news from December, it's probably going to take a while before anything substantial reaches us.

Last edited by Engels; 2022-02-15 at 02:10.
Old 2022-02-15, 02:36   Link #174
Engels

Well, it took me less time than I expected, since this is quite old (2011!), and by implication could be difficult to track down, but I found the article with the bit about usual anime news. I didn't remember THAT detail, but amazingly enough, this 'news' was about...well...Rurouni Kenshin! And what's more, it's so hilarious (to my sense of 'humor', anyway) that it urges reproduction, so here it is:

''So there’s going to be a new Rurouni Kenshin anime. In keeping with most Japanese new anime announcements, there are literally no other details than “this will exist.” Will it be a movie? OVA series? New TV show? How long will it be? Will it start from the beginning? Cover new adventures? FUCK OFF, says the Japanese News. Right now you get to know is that it will exist at some point in the future, and that is all. Thanks to Strolpol for the tip — and for providing the cinematic video from a recent RK PSP game, which shows what Kenshin looks like in modern animation. (Via Anime News Network)''.

And the title is ''Rurouni Kenshin to Rurouni Again''.

Actually, that's the whole article, but here's the link in any case, for those interested: https://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/04...ouni_again.php

(As an aside, the blog Topless Robot was comedy gold for 'nerd'-related stuff in general).

Finally, here is the link to the announcement of this new anime project (since nobody posted it yet): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDVEAm0XUgM.

Ironically-but-not-quite-so, this video proves this writer's very point!

Last edited by Engels; 2022-02-15 at 03:12.
Old 2022-02-17, 03:58   Link #175
B214

Quote:
Well, it took me less time than I expected, since this is quite old (2011!), and by implication could be difficult to track down, but I found the article with the bit about usual anime news. I didn't remember THAT detail, but amazingly enough, this 'news' was about...well...Rurouni Kenshin! And what's more, it's so hilarious (to my sense of 'humor', anyway) that it urges reproduction, so here it is:

''So there’s going to be a new Rurouni Kenshin anime. In keeping with most Japanese new anime announcements, there are literally no other details than “this will exist.” Will it be a movie? OVA series? New TV show? How long will it be? Will it start from the beginning? Cover new adventures? FUCK OFF, says the Japanese News. Right now you get to know is that it will exist at some point in the future, and that is all. Thanks to Strolpol for the tip — and for providing the cinematic video from a recent RK PSP game, which shows what Kenshin looks like in modern animation. (Via Anime News Network)''.

And the title is ''Rurouni Kenshin to Rurouni Again''.

Actually, that's the whole article, but here's the link in any case, for those interested: https://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/04...ouni_again.php

(As an aside, the blog Topless Robot was comedy gold for 'nerd'-related stuff in general).

Finally, here is the link to the announcement of this new anime project (since nobody posted it yet): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDVEAm0XUgM.

Ironically-but-not-quite-so, this video proves this writer's very point!
There's a thread for this in the upcoming anime section.
https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=157516

That's why we knew there was going to be a new series. Just don't know if it'll be a new story, a reboot or a sequel.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 13:25   Link #176
Engels

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
There's a thread for this in the upcoming anime section.
https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=157516

That's why we knew there was going to be a new series. Just don't know if it'll be a new story, a reboot or a sequel.
Thanks. Unaware of this thread up until now. I will post there henceforth (when discussing the new anime series, that is).

Last edited by Engels; 2022-02-19 at 13:40.

Tags
action, historical, shounen