AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-26, 01:19   Link #821
Nosauz

ok...., lets nitpick some more? my point is still valid. Take for instance Law and Order. Even though the it clearly states that no real images were depicted, does it mean that its not based on reality whereas it clearly states that it isn't? I just made an observation, misworded it, and you make it sound like I rewrote the bible. And from the arguments I was dealing with, the people who were talking about the show gave me the impression that they felt the show was based on a realistic setting, so I was just using that state in my argument to prove a point.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 07:54   Link #822
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Well, talking about peripherally related subjects is alright as long as it's pertinent to the thread. However, it's a lot less alright to talk about another anime in detail, spoilers and all. After all, there are people watching White Album who haven't watched Clannad yet - *ahem*me*ahem*.
Yeah, its alright if it is is pertinent. I was just saying that, not trying to start any trouble. And you should watch Clannad. One big difference is that it is quite funny most of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Certainly White Album touches on topics that are discussion-worthy. However, it's worth noting that this is true of a great many other shows as well. The reason they have less discussion tends to be because the ones who disagree with the consensus tend to be a lot less vocal.
The primary reason I came to AS is to discuss this show actually. lol.
Old 2009-02-26, 12:46   Link #823
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I do wonder how WA isn't coming off as being a realistic situation or how the characters aren't believeable...clearly one or two of them have brain problems that can happen in real life

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 19:22   Link #824
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
ok...., lets nitpick some more? my point is still valid. Take for instance Law and Order. Even though the it clearly states that no real images were depicted, does it mean that its not based on reality whereas it clearly states that it isn't? I just made an observation, misworded it, and you make it sound like I rewrote the bible. And from the arguments I was dealing with, the people who were talking about the show gave me the impression that they felt the show was based on a realistic setting, so I was just using that state in my argument to prove a point.
I don't disagree with your arguments or points you made, I think they are valid opinions and observations. In fact, I agree with you on most parts.
However, you have to remember that intentionally (or unintentionally) misquoting or fabricating a concept to prove a point does nothing but hurt your credibility, and as a result fails to make your point convincing.
It's counter-productive to what you're trying to achieve.
Old 2009-02-26, 19:48   Link #825
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I don't disagree with your arguments or points you made, I think they are valid opinions and observations. In fact, I agree with you on most parts.
However, you have to remember that intentionally (or unintentionally) misquoting or fabricating a concept to prove a point does nothing but hurt your credibility, and as a result fails to make your point convincing.
It's counter-productive to what you're trying to achieve.
this is only true if you get caught! but in all honesty I probably should have phrased it in a manner that did not seem so dogmatic in nature. But then again in the heat of the moment I just went for a more artistic approach with my argument that was not completely based on fact but more on observations which are still in their own means opinions and not those of the creators.

p.s I'm not implying I did it on purpose

Last edited by Nosauz; 2009-02-26 at 20:14.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 20:55   Link #826
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Aftermath's coming up soon right? Can't wait for the raw. I hope Mana's not on the menu ;_; (Special Note, never played the original, and the previews are always wickedly vague)

Last edited by SageGaiGar; 2009-02-27 at 21:39.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 21:35   Link #827
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Aftermath's coming up soon right? Can't wait for the raw. I hope Mana's not on the menu ;_;
Yup, its time to hide from this thread until I watch it. After all, I hate spoilers. lol

And I changed my banner. I think its my favorite so far.
Old 2009-02-28, 15:00   Link #828
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Haaaaaaaaaa ・・・(゚Д゚ )?!

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 18:13   Link #829
DanielSong39

I'm interested in seeing this show... but only if there is a BAD ending.

So, do you think there is a fair shot of that happening?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 19:02   Link #830
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post

Nah blood shed is very unlikely.
Maybe some bitch slapping and hair pulling
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 20:40   Link #831
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post

Nope, None, Nihil, Zero, Mu, Ling, arienai... Is what I feel, but as no one can predict the future, I'll just leave it as 1%.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 20:46   Link #832
DanielSong39

Nah, no one needs to die; I just want the guy to suffer a little and end up with no one at the end. I'm hoping that there won't be a forced romance just for the sake of making a "happy ending".
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 04:41   Link #833
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

In some respects this show is even worse than the other terrible show we're subbing this season (Index), which is quite an achievement in some twisted kind of way. I haven't seen this much terribly convoluted dumb harem melodrama since I was around 13 years old and was watching cheap soap operas on television.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 17:09   Link #834
Key Board
Carbon

Image Song (on sale April)

Rina
h ttp://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/518x1nqPBJL._SS500_.jpg

Yuki
h ttp://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/images/B001Q6II56/
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 20:27   Link #835
Peanutbutter

I've decided. Once I finished this thing, the entire stuff goes into the Recycle Bin asap, unlike the rest which goes into another drive.

It's just one level below dropping this thing altogether.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 21:24   Link #836
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Old 2009-03-01, 22:32   Link #837
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I actually liked this episode a lot, and it really adds to the development of our main character, Touya. When he kissed Misaki and told her that he loves her, it just goes to show the viewer how confused Touya really is. It is quite interesting. I wish this anime would not end with a Yuki/Touya relationship because it really does have no reason to survive as it is at the moment. But since this is anime, they always go for the most obvious pairings, even at the expense of suspension of belief.

This anime is the best airing this season at the moment next to Ride Back so far (Maybe tied with Toradora). Though I am sure the last episodes will make or break the show for me, 70% of anime endings leave me feeling unsatisfied.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 22:46   Link #838
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

I'll jump on the wtf bandwagon. I gave the show the benefit of the doubt for it's story telling choices but the last 5 minutes of this episode were INCREDIBLY forced, and the akira thing was just over the top ridiculous. The ep wasn't that bad until the end and I was actually expecting good things.

I will continue to watch because I don't think it's in the toilet yet and I still want to see what "happens".

PS - when misaki was having her flashback at the end and there was the scene with touya walking and then yuki pops our from behind him --- did any one else imagine flames surrounding yuki and an evil smile creeping up on her face ( get to work computer doods, I need a new gif :b )?
faust123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 22:48   Link #839
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust123 View Post
I'll jump on the wtf bandwagon. I gave the show the benefit of the doubt for it's story telling choices but the last 5 minutes of this episode were INCREDIBLY forced, and the akira thing was just over the top ridiculous. The ep wasn't that bad until the end and I was actually expecting good things.
What was forced? And by the way, the whole theater heard the clatter that Misaki made...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 00:18   Link #840
shouri

Send a message via MSN to shouri
I don't understand why people expect anime to be 100% realistic.

It's anime.
shouri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen