AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-03-27, 08:07   Link #381
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Why does the CM give me a huge F/SN vibe?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 13:00   Link #382
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Why does the CM give me a huge F/SN vibe?
How so. There is no type-moon graphics, overall it feels more like what haruhi suzumiya would have been without all the bloody restrictions.
Old 2010-03-27, 14:25   Link #383
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
If you are referring to my post I encourage you to re read it. I didn't say the animation was the same. I said it was equivalent.
i get that it proportionally decreased in accordance with costs, but it doesn't change the fact that it got worse. Just watching a few episodes of True Tears then watching an episode of K-on hurt my eyes when you compare something as simple as walking around in their school uniforms. but w/e no point in arguing it.

and i hope its like f s/n and has blood in it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 16:31   Link #384
Falkor

this is going a bit on a tangent, but I have to say it. germanturkey, I can understand why you enjoyed, preferred True Tears, and in some aspects think that it was better than any show produced by kyoani. however, if you take a careful look, you will notice that the works produced by the latter have improved in some aspects---in terms of art/animation---over their predecessors, and not the opposite (no comments about the writing, though). take the lucky star ova for example, which was an improvement over the series itself, with more pleasant and interesting art/animation/character designs. even k-on, which came after, proved itself to be a better 4-koma adaptation, animation/art wise. even though I'm not going into much detail as to why and how, what I'm trying to say is that their works haven't got necessarily worse as you seem to imply; instead, they have shown some kind of improvement if you compare them by these terms.

by the way, the kyoani discussion is really out-of-place, so guys stop it.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 18:20   Link #385
dark998

Angel Beats special program

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10187833

Mostly general info, talk with Maeda and other members of the staff. Some new footage in there as well (big guy blasting Tenshi with a missile launcher, Tenshi deflecting bullets, axes), an extended version of the PV6 music track, among other things.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 21:46   Link #386
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
K-On is not the quality it is the style the chose to go with ...any rate can you guys pick new avatars? i swear 3 of you have the same avatars. It is getting confusing.

dark998 thx for the link the video is really awesome! It is neat to know Jun has a fanbase ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 22:46   Link #387
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, seriously Guys - change your avatars already!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 23:12   Link #388
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yeah, seriously Guys - change your avatars already!
Hey, that wouldn't be fair. I love my avatar and sig combo, you could change yours though

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 03:46   Link #389
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
...any rate can you guys pick new avatars? i swear 3 of you have the same avatars. It is getting confusing.
I've been waiting all week for a comment like this

Just realised that this is premiering next week,and with so much anticipation from a lot of people ,I'm expecting quite a few posts made by people disapointed by the first episode.
Old 2010-03-28, 12:43   Link #390
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm expecting quite a few posts made by people disapointed by the first episode.
Well, that much seems obvious. Half of the Internet erroneously believes that this is a Key visual novel adaptation, so they'll no doubt be surprised/confused if they go into it expecting the spiritual successor to Clannad or some such. And the other half of the Internet that understands that this is an anime original story that's supposed to be different doesn't know enough yet about exactly how this will be different, so have built-up all sorts of crazy expectations of what it will or won't be like. (And given that the pictures and plot snippets on the Net seem to have a bit of everything, that's not totally surprising.) And then, on the off-chance that the first episode does generally impress despite the expectations, you'll have the required quota of nay-sayers who will try to ensure that "negative opinions are properly represented" to preserve the Great Cosmic Balance of Opinion on the Internet.

I would be totally shocked if we don't have a backlash no matter what happens. It'd be nice to wish that people would keep an open mind and give a show time to come into its own... but, yeah. We know how this will work...
Old 2010-03-28, 13:01   Link #391
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Here's how the series will go:
Starting with action scenes, gore, singing and dancing scenes, plus all the flashy stuff with no substance.
Then it'll be comedy, comedy, comedy, comedy, getting sad, sadder, very sad, oh no not that guy, I liked the guy, oh no not her too! And then, a happy end.
I'm already disappointed, but still hanging onto a sliver of hope... Mixed feelings, so to speak...
Old 2010-03-28, 13:35   Link #392
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
I'm already disappointed, but still hanging onto a sliver of hope... Mixed feelings, so to speak...
I don't really see how one can be disappointed without even seeing the first episode nor having any original material (light novel/manga/games) to compare it to.

Ah well, people like you will never be satisfied no matter what.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 13:56   Link #393
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

I already read its light novels and manga. Although they do not have the plots to be portrayed in the anime, they are good indicators. And it's not like they're bad, which is the reason for that sliver of hope, but the thought of anything Key turned into a shounen manga type of thing is by itself revolting enough.
Old 2010-03-28, 14:15   Link #394
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That is fine; save for Air, I hated the other two when i watched them at first. Thankfully, I watched em long after they aired, so I would not be bombed by angry fans.

And also things can come up differently in different mediums.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 14:15   Link #395
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
I already read its light novels and manga. Although they do not have the plots to be portrayed in the anime, they are good indicators. And it's not like they're bad, which is the reason for that sliver of hope, but the thought of anything Key turned into a shounen manga type of thing is by itself revolting enough.
Are you referring to the illustrated short stories (not Light Novels) and the 4-koma off-shoots published in Dengeki G's Magazine? That's not really a lot of material to be basing such a firm conclusion on. The short stories are only a prelude to the anime's story, and the 4-koma is mostly comedy. The official manga doesn't start until this month's issue (to be released on Tuesday). And besides that, Dengeki G's is a seinen magazine, and almost all of Keys works have been adapted into similar seinen manga.

Are you sure you're thinking of the same project?
Old 2010-03-28, 14:42   Link #396
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Heh, if you are gonna quote it, at least read it. I know the novels are prequels. By shounen manga type of stuff, I meant stuff like fighting scenes, needless gore, deaths. Also, what's with all this PR about its animation quality being high? If Key fans had cared about graphics, they wouldn't have finished most of the games, with Hinoue's *cough* drawings...

I'm only still hopeful because the show might get over that non-sense after episode 1 and carry on with a proper story. The atmosphere in the prequel novel is a good start, a somewhat a good start... An okay start... Meh...
Old 2010-03-28, 16:27   Link #397
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i want a departure from clannad. i'll wait for a better quality source though. webrips are pretty sub par.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-03-28, 17:14   Link #398
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i want a departure from clannad. i'll wait for a better quality source though. webrips are pretty sub par.
Departure from Clannad? What do you mean? Angel Beats isn't even in the same genre as Clannad so I doubt it'll be even remotely close. Jun Maeda does have his own writing style though, if that's what you mean. I also hope to see him stray away from his usual habits and try something different, it'll be interesting to see how he handles this particular genre.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-03-28, 17:41   Link #399
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

departure i mean not as sedimental and touchy. when i saw the first trailer, it was pretty obvious it wouldn't be the same, but they could always twist it to be like that.

Old 2010-03-28, 18:27   Link #400
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
departure i mean not as sedimental and touchy. when i saw the first trailer, it was pretty obvious it wouldn't be the same, but they could always twist it to be like that.
Ah, I see. Well I wouldn't be surprised if the plot does become quite emotional seeing as it is Jun Maeda but it's still too early to tell. I actually don't mind the whole emotional aspect to his story telling, I just hope he pulls out some new tricks from his hat [mod edit: removed spoiler comment]

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-03-28 at 18:56. Reason: Please don't spoil other Key works

Tags
key