AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-02, 21:33   Link #181
HegemonKhan
Banned

now i really want to see Teresa (whom is at least x8 more powerful then priscilla) awaken !!!

we need a better flashback then rosemary, we need to see Teresa FULLY AWAKENED and using her FULL POWER/100% YOKI RELEASE, MUHAHAHAHAHA !!!!

Awakened Priscilla's power is unbelievable, Teresa, being even x8 more powerful, awakened is beyond unbelievable, lol
Old 2009-12-02, 21:48   Link #182
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
gettin' tired of reading 'only clare could defeat priscilla cuz she's got teresa flesh inside.' even if clare could, she can't do it alone. someone who is also strong has to help her in order for it to happen. prissy's is definitely in another league and it's best for clare to avoid her for the time being. she is not ready to face her now...
You know, all joking aside, I would have to agree. It would take a team effort to defeat Priscilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Once again, Priscilla reigns surpreme. Wonder whose ominous yoki was that at the end there.
It was Priscilla's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
now i really want to see Teresa (whom is at least x8 more powerful then priscilla) awaken !!!

we need a better flashback then rosemary, we need to see Teresa FULLY AWAKENED and using her FULL POWER/100% YOKI RELEASE, MUHAHAHAHAHA !!!!

Awakened Priscilla's power is unbelievable, Teresa, being even x8 more powerful, awakened is beyond unbelievable, lol
You know that will never happen...its one of the things that makes this manga so great actually.
Old 2009-12-02, 21:56   Link #183
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
It really has gotten to the point where unless Clare experiences an unimaginable power-up, the only way Priscilla will die is a team battle involving many, many members.

Considering the fact that it took Teresa quite a bit of time to eliminate Claymore numbers #2 through #5, and Priscilla is able to defeat two number one ranked Claymores, in awakened form, while in human form, in something like 4 seconds, you'd have to believe her almost invincible in one-on-one combat.

She is at least three times stronger than any character that has appeared in the story up to this point, and that's being generous to the other characters. Imagine if she actually took a fight seriously, or bothered using a sword or weapon of some kind.
There is no reason for Clare or anyone else to get a power up - nor is there a need.
There are 2 super powers - Priscilla and Raciella. Raciella wants to kill everything, while Priscilla, in all liklihood, is going after Raciella. They'll finish each other off - or at least drain themselves to a point where Clare can finish it. Remember, despite that vile, despicable and unforgivable cheapshot, Yagi has been working hard at redeeming Priscilla's character. I just don't see a Priscilla/Clare as likely anymore.

The new enemy is quite clearly the Org, and there is nothing to indicate Clare and the gang are not strong enough for that.
Old 2009-12-02, 21:59   Link #184
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post

hedgy... that's just ridicious. chances are, teresa would've been twice as powerful than priscilla. not x8. now that's laughable. if it's really true, clare could probably only release half of that power and maybe it's enough or not to defeat prissy. if not, she's gonna need help.
Old 2009-12-02, 22:02   Link #185
stringer13
Irene's #1 Fan

Well since Alicia, Beth, and Miata are gone, that only really leaves Rachel and Audrey. They aren't a threat, so the only thibg the organization has going for it is the abyss feeders.
Old 2009-12-02, 22:04   Link #186
phaeiz

As much as I like Cynthia, I don't mind seeing her go. I do not know what else she could bring to the table at this point of the story. If it was Priscilla's yoki that Claire is really sensing, I'm afraid that could mean the story is near its ending, which I doubt coz there are many things that are still unresolved i.e. Raki in the hand of the Org. Maybe Claire is sensing someone else's yoki. Whatever it is, I hope Yagi will do a great job in writing the plot. I do not want Claymore to end in similar fashion as School Rumble.
Old 2009-12-02, 22:13   Link #187
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaeiz View Post
As much as I like Cynthia, I don't mind seeing her go. I do not know what else she could bring to the table at this point of the story. If it was Priscilla's yoki that Claire is really sensing, I'm afraid that could mean the story is near its ending, which I doubt coz there are many things that are still unresolved i.e. Raki in the hand of the Org. Maybe Claire is sensing someone else's yoki. Whatever it is, I hope Yagi will do a great job in writing the plot. I do not want Claymore to end in similar fashion as School Rumble.
Considering Riful's reaction I doubt it could be anyone elses yoki as everyone else's is overshadowed by Priscilla.
Old 2009-12-02, 22:14   Link #188
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer13 View Post
Well since Alicia, Beth, and Miata are gone, that only really leaves Rachel and Audrey. They aren't a threat, so the only thibg the organization has going for it is the abyss feeders.
yagi-sensei took out the twins cuz he's gonna have the org make raki their new ace, like someone had recently mention. out with the old, in with the new.
Old 2009-12-02, 22:18   Link #189
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaeiz View Post
As much as I like Cynthia, I don't mind seeing her go. I do not know what else she could bring to the table at this point of the story
But she didn't help restore Galatea's eyes though!

Quote:
yagi-sensei took out the twins cuz he's gonna have the org make raki their new ace, like someone had recently mention. out with the old, in with the new.
That is one kick in the ass, I have to say. I didn't even think about that. In fact, I forgot all about it. That'll be a bitch and a half.
Old 2009-12-02, 22:20   Link #190
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

reading the chapter again, its touching how Beth cried when Alicia died. Even Pris said they were supposed to be dolls, but they showed Beth showed they were still human by crying. which sort of leads back to the "i might be a monster now, but i was born a human" statement by Jean (maybe Jean? forgot..) maybe there's a deeper plot line here where being a human is a driving force to do what they do. one which Miria and the rest of them have forgotten in their quest for revenge.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-12-02, 22:20   Link #191
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
That would be me

*is full of himself

Quote:
That is one kick in the ass, I have to say. I didn't even think about that. In fact, I forgot all about it. That'll be a bitch and a half.
Roflmao, "a bitch and a half"

Well, that's a new one
Old 2009-12-02, 23:10   Link #192
servidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
reading the chapter again, its touching how Beth cried when Alicia died. Even Pris said they were supposed to be dolls, but they showed Beth showed they were still human by crying. which sort of leads back to the "i might be a monster now, but i was born a human" statement by Jean (maybe Jean? forgot..) maybe there's a deeper plot line here where being a human is a driving force to do what they do. one which Miria and the rest of them have forgotten in their quest for revenge.
I think that way too, I guess Yagi is trying to convey the idea that the human spirit is unconquerable, even the Abyssal Ones at some point had show a remain of their humanity. Isley's regrets were that he did not spend more time with Priscilla and Raki. Riful and Dauff in a twisted way, care for the well being of the other.
Old 2009-12-02, 23:14   Link #193
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Alright alright.. How could Clair be FAMILIAR with the Pricilla's erotic youki when she wasn't even a "Warrior" back than? Oi? Don't tell me that she got the "instinct" from Teresa... Man this could be a debate philosophically now. (Mind/Body/Experience/Instinct.)

Anyways, would I sound weird if I said that seeing Pricilla for these past few chapters has been quite orgasmic?

P.S

Did Pricilla manipulated Beth-Kitten's youki this chapter?! Another god-eye we have here... Did she just learned it? Or was it one of her abilities.

SHIAAT THAT WAS AWESOME! I never see these in any other mangas. ==

Last edited by Methuselah; 2009-12-02 at 23:25.
Old 2009-12-02, 23:43   Link #194
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post

Did Pricilla manipulated Beth-Kitten's youki this chapter?! Another god-eye we have here... Did she just learned it? Or was it one of her abilities.
I think she simply deflected beth-kitty's attack... with her fingers.
Old 2009-12-03, 00:02   Link #195
Celestial Teapot

Am I the only one that thinks this chapter sort of makes the Isley vs Luciella fight meaningless?

I mean, wasn't the whole point of that fight to knock out an AO...? So no one could stop Priscilla?

Um, Isley, she seems to have that covered on her own.

Yagi made her way too powerful, imo.
Old 2009-12-03, 00:09   Link #196
elyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Teapot View Post
Am I the only one that thinks this chapter sort of makes the Isley vs Luciella fight meaningless?

I mean, wasn't the whole point of that fight to knock out an AO...? So no one could stop Priscilla?

Well the Isley Luciella fight was of course done to erase that small portion of a chance in killing Priscilla. Even though Priscilla is very strong and Riful acknowledges that after Isley beats Luciella, you still never know. Isley knew this and took no chances.
Old 2009-12-03, 00:14   Link #197
Nixl

Quote:

I am glad pris was so strong this chapter. Hopefully, it can break that horrid power level debate that happens so often of X = 2 AOs, etc.

I thought the general point that the chapter made was that pris isn't going to defeated just by some "powerlevel" technicality. It also didn't make pris a dumb child-like creature like in the anime. I don't think any character has really been able to accurately read priscilla (excluding Teresa maybe). Even Riful having already seeing pris the first time was still shocked.

It is kind of funny seeing how quickly everything is spiraling out of control. With the mainland background of DoD vs the organization it reminds of a Cold War scenario. Where bigger, and stronger weapons keep getting churned out, but to what end.
Old 2009-12-03, 00:19   Link #198
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

The two of them were still able to injure her, and it is unknown if Isley even knew the true depth of Priscilla's abilities. Not to mention Priscilla was mentally unstable and he couldn't be sure she would fight at her fully capacity.

However, whatever happened at that village that caused her to come to Raciella seems to have awakened her AB personality once again, so she is disturbingly tranquil.

For those complaining about Priscilla's power, you do realize that this has been blatantly spelled out for us multiple times?

Priscilla had the potential to surpass Teresa; Rubel claims she unlocked all that potential and became the strongest AB.

Priscilla's initial encounter with Isley showed she was still unconsciously holding back some of that power even after awakening. (Which was hinted at in the Databooks as well) That is until he caused her to regress to her child-like mind, freeing her from that unconscious block, and we know the result of that.

Riful realized she had to be allied with another Abyssal One to STAND A CHANCE against her, and even then, she apparently didn't read her strength correctly (thanks to Priscilla's talent in concealing her abilities).

Now we see Priscilla take on both Awakened Alicia and Beth and slaughter them both in her human form. It isn't like it doesn't add up, she has consistently been the most powerful being on the island since her awakening.
I
Old 2009-12-03, 00:33   Link #199
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

There was more consequences of that fight then just removing an AO to "protect" Priscilla from a tag team attack. Such as Raphaela merging with her sister... now the whole destroyer angle, Clare gaining Raphaela's memories, and Clare/Helen/Deneve releasing there yoki.

Also I don't think Isley's intent was ever to protect Priscilla by removing a threat to her. It was to convince Priscilla that he caused her to gain access to the south to find her family, so she would rely on him due to her mental reversion... However at the same time if she ever saw the man she depend on in trouble she would fight for him. In short Isley was setting himself up to be the brains of the group and Priscilla the ace up his sleeve.

Think of it this way... even if Priscilla still had enough mental capacity to realize that the two of them weren't a treat to her. She would appreciate Isley's gesture of not taking any chances. Plus if Priscilla ever regained her cognitive skills Isley could always claim that was his intent all along, to help her.

So I believed his comments were for both Riful and Priscilla. For Priscilla for all the above reason plus so he could gesture that he was keeping his word to her. For Riful so she wouldn't attack Isley in his weakened condition, this being Isley's way of guaranteeing that he wouldn't be killed by Riful... just encase Priscilla had anther mental episode with his life on the line. Plus in the long run it serving as a way to keep Riful in check when Isley cemented his control over Priscilla. His comments weren't his belief of her exact power level but a way that he wouldn't have to rely on her power and use only his own power to win victory over Luciella, Riful and the Org.

Though as we all know Isley eventually started to care for Priscilla and Raki. So for some reason (likely the AF attack but totally unconfirmed) Isley forced them to leave the south but oddly still cared about them and wanted more time with them (supporting the idea of the AF attack being his reason for making them leave the south but confirming nothing).
Old 2009-12-03, 00:35   Link #200
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

I feel sad for Alicia and Beth. The spore awakened beth against her will, and then to see her futily attack Priscilla was horrible. It got even worse when Alicia awakened as well ,essentually giving up her humanity to try and save her sister. All for nothing. They did have feelings after all.

Say what you want about Yagi, but he has a nack for makeing you care, or at least be intersted in a character that you know very little about. Other examples bieng Flora, Undine, and possibly even Jean. They weren't in there very long but all there deaths mattered.