AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-28, 10:12   Link #221
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2-FumoGuu
171:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I was quite surprised by how quickly this chapter went through the story; a lot happened in very few pages.
Old 2004-08-28, 17:06   Link #222
R-S-W-E
人谁无恶

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Spoiler:

I was quite surprised by how quickly this chapter went through the story; a lot happened in very few pages.
171->
Spoiler:

ALSO, dose any one know that will there be ppl subing the new Gantz anime? i know eps 1-13 is licensed but what about the new ones?
Old 2004-08-28, 20:53   Link #223
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
No, ADV licensed ALL of GANTZ. This was made very clear by the ADV rep on the AnimeonDVD forums as well. They also refuse to specify how much GANTZ there is because the Japanese side hasn't announced all the details publically yet and they have to honor that. After GANTZ Stage 2 was announced, he confirmed that they indeed have that as well and ALL of GANTZ that will be produced.
All of it is now got the ADV Stamp on it.

Edit: I am sorry, this is all in reference to the anime, NOT the manga.

Last edited by Silent Otaku; 2004-08-30 at 08:17.
Old 2004-08-29, 14:24   Link #224
Shaolin Monk

can someone plz tell me where i can d/l the manga from chapters 70-171. i tried lookin for it on various site but can't find it. shocwave site only have 168-171 and their channel on mIRC don't seem to have a bot which provides gantz manga.
Old 2004-08-30, 06:57   Link #225
ShikaShika
無罪

Try @find and look through people's fserves.

As for 171:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-08, 08:48   Link #226
Yoska
フランキー

OK. About five or four months ago I read the first half of Gantz volume 1 and I didn't like. I have liked all other series that Stephen is translating but particularly background art in Gantz is too wierd, though the plot seemed rather original. Now the series is big and popular because of the anime (I watched the first episode and I still don't like Gantz). Does the series get any better? A lot of series gets better after couple books. I wouldn't ever liked Berserk if I wouldn't have started reading from volume 4 and Tenjho Tenge gets good in volumes 8 & 9. But does Gantz get any better ?
Old 2004-09-08, 09:16   Link #227
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
OK. About five or four months ago I read the first half of Gantz volume 1 and I didn't like. I have liked all other series that Stephen is translating but particularly background art in Gantz is too wierd, though the plot seemed rather original. Now the series is big and popular because of the anime (I watched the first episode and I still don't like Gantz). Does the series get any better? A lot of series gets better after couple books. I wouldn't ever liked Berserk if I wouldn't have started reading from volume 4 and Tenjho Tenge gets good in volumes 8 & 9. But does Gantz get any better ?
One word: Definatly!
Old 2004-09-08, 11:19   Link #228
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Huh? I was always under the impression it was the manga that built up the anticipation of the anime itself and not the other way round. Looking at the anime thread for Gantz (First Stage) and it certainly appeared that way.
Old 2004-09-08, 15:19   Link #229
R-S-W-E
人谁无恶

Wink

Quote:
man.... i don't think there's a point to ask that question... whether the manga is good or not is totally depend on you. it's like ppl have different taste of a same bread. even other ppl say Gantz is getting better and better, that doesn't mean it's getting better and better for you you just have to stick with it -- well, at least read like 4 vol. of it.

just think "i don't like this manga" after you read the first vol. works sometime, but i (highly) recommend you to read some more...because Gantz ownz (for me )
Old 2004-09-08, 20:43   Link #230
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
anyone saw 172?
cuz its awesome.
Old 2004-09-08, 20:58   Link #231
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Oh, man. Chapter 172 was really disappointing.

Spoiler:

Question: what are everyone's favorite and least favorite missions? My favorite is definitely the fifth mission, with the Dinos.

Spoiler:

My least favorite would probably be the second mission, with the Tanaka Aliens.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-08, 21:31   Link #232
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

FighterVolk, I agree with everything you just said.

Spoiler:

And the Dinosaur fight was definitely the best. Not just Kurono, but many other people seemed to get their shit together and actually help out. Plus, those black guys were a riot.
Old 2004-09-08, 22:07   Link #233
Grona
Big Damit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Question: what are everyone's favorite and least favorite missions? My favorite is definitely the fifth mission, with the Dinos.
Mine too, everyone who you wanted to die, dies
Spoiler:

What I'm wondering about now is...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-09, 00:43   Link #234
Spooky-Electric

Spoiler for Chapter 172:
Old 2004-09-09, 01:41   Link #235
bunnykun
What is, what is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Spoiler for Chapter 172:

I believe your referring to Masaru Katou. Guy who resembles izumi so much.
Old 2004-09-09, 10:11   Link #236
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnykun
I believe your referring to Masaru Katou. Guy who resembles izumi so much.
And yet is the polar opposite of Izumi. I loved and still love Katou, but after Shinjuku, I can't bring myself to like Izumi. Still, the double panel in the first chapter of volume 11 is one of my favorites. "The hunt! The memories of the hunt on Shinjuku street!"

One thing I really like about the anime (maybe the only thing) is the really kickass opening sequence(s), set to a really awesome song, and especially the fact that the opening changes with each mission! I can't wait to see the openings for the Buddha, Midget, and Dino missions. *drool*

Last edited by Fighter Volk; 2004-09-09 at 11:24.
Old 2004-09-09, 10:38   Link #237
Grona
Big Damit!

Quote:
One thing I really like about the anime (maybe the only thing) are the really kickass opening sequences, set to a really awesome song, and especially the fact that they change with each mission! I can't wait to see the openings for the Buddha, Midget, and Dino missions. *drool*
haha, you like the song too, you'd be suprised how many people hate it If you like that go and give Joint a try too, its one of the first Rip Slyme vids I saw and its pretty catchy ^_^
Old 2004-09-09, 12:28   Link #238
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:

Question: what are everyone's favorite and least favorite missions?
my favorite by far is definitely the 3rd mission, the buddha aliens, because
Spoiler:

my least favorite is the 4th mission...
Spoiler:

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-09-10 at 06:18.
Old 2004-09-09, 13:48   Link #239
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
my least favorite is the 4th mission...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-09, 14:20   Link #240
R-S-W-E
人谁无恶

Dreamless, i totally agree with you.

I think the character developments is the major strength of Hiroya Oku, the mangaka (if you ever read "Hen"); and I like it very much~ so i don't really mind with the "1-page-fighting" plot of the ch172~~

the focus is on Kei and Tae~

(don;t think Tae will get killed though -- it will be funny if Kei got killed though, lol )
Closed Thread