AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 14 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 32.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 22.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.19%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.19%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-24, 20:44   Link #81
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Maybe the origami is just something they always did when they were younger together and it just ended up being her remuneration.
But then that would not be something to remind them of trauma or a bodily harm thing like the other contractors had. Even Ilya was drawing his potential victims in ways that suggested how he killed females in the past. Reminding him of the good old days of loving to kill people.
Old 2009-11-24, 22:09   Link #82
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But then that would not be something to remind them of trauma or a bodily harm thing like the other contractors had. Even Ilya was drawing his potential victims in ways that suggested how he killed females in the past. Reminding him of the good old days of loving to kill people.
Well for him that wasn't a bad renumeration. He said he enjoyed it and he still does (the killing part)

About Shion's father - they said the copy had only one day of memory mening it was only one day old. That would mean that Shion didn't create it since at that time he was still paying his renumeration. So the only other person who could pull something like that at that time was the doctor himslef. That migh suggest that he's a contractor as well. From that impact it's 2 out of 3 for now so why not?
Old 2009-11-25, 01:33   Link #83
u43368
Disabled By Request

After watching this a bit more, I've come to the conclusion Hei needs to get a taser or something.
Old 2009-11-25, 03:24   Link #84
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedor mma View Post
.Also Hei has really changed his treatment of Suou, a few episodes ago she would have been slapped to shit for that little stunt she pulled on him.
The power of his pimp hand is fading... =/
Old 2009-11-25, 04:39   Link #85
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
After watching this a bit more, I've come to the conclusion Hei needs to get a taser or something.
LOL amen that.

I'm glad he doesn't have his powers though. If he did in that fight with Genma he would have killed the truck man for sure.

EDIT : If Hei never lost his powers he probably would have killed Tanya, Hazuki, Genma and Michiru. Yes, that's every single contract he runs into. There wouldn't be much of a story or character development if Hei goes around and kill everybody XD

Last edited by JackRydden224; 2009-11-25 at 06:21.
Old 2009-11-25, 08:15   Link #86
hei

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
S1 focused a lot on the dolls too. If I remember correctly, there were 3 arcs devoted to dolls. Amber (I'm bringing her up once again ) was the one who impressed on Hei that the dolls were showing all the signs of change. And so were the contractors. Hei as an exception held true until Huang's wife came along. She committed suicide to protect Huang from the syndicate and the contractors were supposed to be too rational to commit suicide. And then there the development in regards to Yin where she broke all norms held by dolls. It was even specifically hinted in the finale that the dolls were the key to bridging the gap for the next phases of human evolution.

Right now the impression I get from the preview for the upcoming OAD episodes is that the 4 episodes will bridge whatever transpired after season 1 concluded. Those episodes should also fill in the gap to what made Hei the "Hobo Hei" who is living the dream.

While I agree with you that this season is about the dolls, S1 had already set it up. S2 will provide the conclusion to the story.
I agree on what you said. When I said S2 is about "something new", what I meant was the final villain. In episode 7, they revealed various things about the set up, so the next thing to find out is who is the final boss! It will be necessary to understand the whole structure of the story.

In this regard, I don't think the syndicate (or similar evil organization) would come back again. For me, this series does not suit that kind of villain. I don't think Section 3 would take that role, either. Then, who? Madam Orellie? John Smith? Shion's father? Or any chance for July (as a trojan horse of MI6)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibataea View Post
Well, it was fanservice to some people. ...Like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbore View Post
That glass throwing part doesn't sit well with me. I guess there's something inside me that is against killing off panicking defenseless characters - thats how that woman looked when she got cut with first piece of glass.
Naked young boy and brutal violence. Probably they attempted to produce interesting vibes by combining two unusual scenes. Actually, I chuckled when I watched those part because, for me, it looks like the writer was saying, "Do you want to use a nude scene in DtB? OK, I will show how to do it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
I really don't know.

@__@

It can be just a coincidence. But dolls and contractors appears with the Gates, and with the Gates the real sky is gone. Now it seens that, if not the entire real sky, at least the moon will burst in the sky.
This reminds me of first ED song of S1, Tsukiakari (moonlight), and OP song of S2, Tsukiakari no Michishirube (guided by moonlight). For me, those songs look like a theme song for Yin and Suou, respectively. So it could be another hint that there is a connection between dolls and moon.

Last edited by hei; 2009-11-25 at 08:31.
Old 2009-11-25, 11:03   Link #87
Hobbit
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
So it could be another hint that there is a connection between dolls and moon.
Yeah. Contractors are linked with stars. Maybe dolls share a connection with the moon. Yin share a special bound with the moon, although she alreay enjoyed it before the Gates.
Old 2009-11-25, 11:13   Link #88
Hobbit
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
About Shion's father - they said the copy had only one day of memory mening it was only one day old.
Maybe not. They couldn't trace how old the body was, after all it was a copy. But the memomy could be set up to only one day. Why? Conceal information.

Suou might be a doll. When the meteor fell, we saw Shion, Dr. Pavchylenko and a doll/ghost (as we have seen in the end of S1), but in there it was Yin.

Suou can be "programmed" to act as an normal human being.

Well, it's just some theories, and we are far from have any real information who could make it clear.
Old 2009-11-25, 12:52   Link #89
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Probably I'm missing something, but I have no idea why people are thinking Suou is a doll. What doll has ever been a contractor? She may be a manufactured person, but that doesn't make her a doll. She has never shown any of the personality of a doll, to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-11-25, 15:23   Link #90
Hobbit
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Probably I'm missing something, but I have no idea why people are thinking Suou is a doll. What doll has ever been a contractor? She may be a manufactured person, but that doesn't make her a doll. She has never shown any of the personality of a doll, to me.
Well, we saw the ghost/doll when the meteor fell. Also, that machine in ep 2 & 3. If it can take a contractors' power, maybe with Heis' power and the meteor fragment... @__@

Lol, it's just some theories. Everything is possible, since we don't know what dolls and contractors are, or what became of the real sky... If they don't explain, there will be always gaps that will build up crazy theories.
Old 2009-11-25, 16:24   Link #91
fairygirl

I believe Dr. Pavlichenko had a doll created of himself like the way Shinado Chiaki was created to fool Hei back in the first series. The doll Chiaki looked and acted just like the real Chiaki. They knew one day they would be attacked so everything was planned out. I believe Shion's power are more psychic, communicating with his sister telepathically and has the ability to see the future. He knew when they were going to be attacked and knew that Bella was an agent. He had Suou put on his clothes so everyone would go after her, thinking it was Shion. Somehow he knew she would survive/escape and look for him in Japan.

Doesn't it feel like Mao is Jimmy Cricket, the conscious for everyone. Maybe there's an element of Pinocchio. The doll/contractor(puppet) trying to be a real boy?

I like this episode. I like July and was really surprised to see more of him and to see him upgraded to a supporting character from a minor character.
Old 2009-11-25, 16:53   Link #92
hei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
She has never shown any of the personality of a doll, to me.
Nothing is certain yet, but I would like to point out one thing.

Like contractors, there are various type of dolls: Yin, July, the Sex toy doll, the Chiaki doll, Hosimi-sama, dolls in the NAO, Combat doll (manga), etc. As others said, the Chiaki doll in ep 1&2 of S1 acted just like human, although her ME works only for 2 days. I have suspected that Suou as a character is a sort of mixture of Chiaki and Mai (the moratorium girl of ep 3&4 of S1).
Old 2009-11-25, 23:18   Link #93
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Any good guess why everybody wants Shion and the Doc so badly?
Old 2009-11-26, 00:31   Link #94
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Any good guess why everybody wants Shion and the Doc so badly?
its probably because of that weird meteor fragment that Suou wears around her neck. i also am thinking that the fragment everyone is after somehow has something to do with how contractors get their powers.
Old 2009-11-27, 13:25   Link #95
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, after finally seeing this episode, my thoughts:

Unless I'm mistaken, no transformations scene... which was one of the best things in this episode. The other was, of course, hei's rescue... a little of the Black Reaper was shown. Pretty good episode, really. And Suou throwing the glass like that... a little awesome, but more disturbing, really

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-11-28, 20:26   Link #96
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The glass-throwing part really bothered me because you would have to throw pieces of glass really fucking hard to inflict that kind of damage. Broken glass just isn't that sharp.

And Suou, honey, as much as I love your adorable loliness, you just can't possibly be that strong. >.>;
Old 2009-11-28, 20:27   Link #97
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well, she did break someone arm before..Maybe Hei's training got her ?

Old 2009-11-28, 20:29   Link #98
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Well, she did break someone arm before..Maybe Hei's training got her ?
I'm wondering, how long have they been together? Hei trained her for how long before she became such a strong fighter/glass thrower? Does it come with her powers or what?
Old 2009-11-28, 20:33   Link #99
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
As far as I can tell all her powers do is pull that gun out of the meteor fragment. I haven't seen her do anything else.
Old 2009-11-28, 20:35   Link #100
Haladflire65
*Artist

So she basically got those insane fighting skills from the training sessions with Hei, I guess?

I'd think something like that would take much longer... She was a normal kid before all this happened, right?