AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Old 2014-07-18, 09:52   Link #1061
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
A TVtroper stated that France is gone. I could swear that the map in episode one showed otherwise.
The fan map shows France to be mostly intact. Poland, Spain and Portugal on the other hand... (not to mention large parts of Scandinavia - the fjords ;_; )
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 10:20   Link #1062
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Is this big enough? It's the biggest version I could find. I know the timeline itself is tiny, but I think we already translated that, some pages back.

1975: This year is as stated in content distributed by the training institute of the Earth Federation military. In other words, this is the official line carried by them. Whether they want to intentionally hide dirty information or they unwittingly lost that information and thus do not know the truth of the matter is something that should be considered. On this point, we should give more importance to "what cannot be written" than "what can be written"

1982:

Even deciding that the colonization of Mars, with its lack of resources and inhospitable environment, even while the Martian development (terraforming most likely) units were perfectly aware of this, there was still entirely no discussion of a solution at all. Because of this, the colonists who had gone to Mars with their chests filled with hopes were forced to endure unberably wretched conditions. Professor Ray Regalia was forced under these conditions, with a heavy heart, to appeal multiple times to the terraforming chief but his pleas fell on deaf ears. In the end, there was an armed revolt.

1985:

By no means did the Vers Empire unilaterally break off relations with Earth. In the first place, Earth did not recognize the legitimacy of the Vers Empire as a sovereign nation and totally did not conduct any exchanges with them. The breaking off of diplomatic relations with Vers was bound to cause problems later on for Earth. Wasn't the creation of a contact for negotiations with Vers also a reason of the formation of the Earth Federation by the world's nations after all?

1999:

At the start of the interplanetary war, there was opportunity for the Vers Empire's Knights to make planetfall on Earth. But as far as can be found, there are no records of battle between the Earth Federation military and the Martian Knights.

2002:

As the space craft were entirely fitted for goods transport, they had no military purpose. Furthermore the goods supply from Earth tended to be delayed.
Old 2014-07-18, 10:25   Link #1063
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
More episode 3 preview pictures

Spoiler for Already helping MC team huh,well she have reason for that:
Spoiler for Reaction to pics:
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 10:26   Link #1064
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
1982:

Even deciding that the colonization of Mars, with its lack of resources and inhospitable environment, even while the Martian development (terraforming most likely) units were perfectly aware of this, there was still entirely no discussion of a solution at all. Because of this, the colonists who had gone to Mars with their chests filled with hopes were forced to endure unberably wretched conditions. Professor Ray Regalia was forced under these conditions, with a heavy heart, to appeal multiple times to the terraforming chief but his pleas fell on deaf ears. In the end, there was an armed revolt.
Wait so they all knew it was going to be crap and they'd be fighting for scraps and still went anyways?

I'd understand if it was forced relocation but seriously....that sounds like something they should've bought up beforehand.

And lack of resources my ass the Martians were able to develop 37 Giant "castles" that are capable of "nuking" an area within a short period of time.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 10:33   Link #1065
Gundam888

It only 37 mech units and one to three castles I agree the don,t lack resources
Gundam888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 10:40   Link #1066
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Wait so they all knew it was going to be crap and they'd be fighting for scraps and still went anyways?

I'd understand if it was forced relocation but seriously....that sounds like something they should've bought up beforehand.

And lack of resources my ass the Martians were able to develop 37 Giant "castles" that are capable of "nuking" an area within a short period of time.
I don't think they have discovered the Aldnoah at that point yet
Old 2014-07-18, 10:44   Link #1067
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Maybe those castles were alien relics partially fitted with some human machinery. I think the Stargate series did that.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 10:58   Link #1068
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Maybe those castles were alien relics partially fitted with some human machinery. I think the Stargate series did that.
The humans on earth did some reverse engineering of alien (mostly Ancient) tech, but not much. They were taught how to make advanced tech by the Asgardians, but even that was limited compared to what the Asgardians could make for themselves. The rest was just commandeering old alien tech and figuring out how it worked.

The Goa'uld tech was actually something the Goa'uld stole from other species, like the Ancients, which was in line with their parasitic nature.

For the most part, Earth humans used conventional military weapons: lots of guns, missiles, grenades, etc. It worked well enough.....usually.
Old 2014-07-18, 12:39   Link #1069
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
1975: This year is as stated in content distributed by the training institute of the Earth Federation military. In other words, this is the official line carried by them. Whether they want to intentionally hide dirty information or they unwittingly lost that information and thus do not know the truth of the matter is something that should be considered. On this point, we should give more importance to "what cannot be written" than "what can be written"

1982:

1985:

By no means did the Vers Empire unilaterally break off relations with Earth. In the first place, Earth did not recognize the legitimacy of the Vers Empire as a sovereign nation and totally did not conduct any exchanges with them. The breaking off of diplomatic relations with Vers was bound to cause problems later on for Earth. Wasn't the creation of a contact for negotiations with Vers also a reason of the formation of the Earth Federation by the world's nations after all?

1999:

At the start of the interplanetary war, there was opportunity for the Vers Empire's Knights to make planetfall on Earth. But as far as can be found, there are no records of battle between the Earth Federation military and the Martian Knights.

2002:

As the space craft were entirely fitted for goods transport, they had no military purpose. Furthermore the goods supply from Earth tended to be delayed.
I'm sorry, but none of these points are helping the Vers Empire any on the moral standpoint.

So they had to struggle to get Mars hospitable and went there even though they knew it would be hard. Big whoop. Join all the other poor immigrants in history.

They're mad that the Earth didn't acknowledge them as a country and therefore broke up relations? There's a lot of countries that the UN and thus the Earth completely ignore and refuse to acknowledge as a country. Ask Sealand.
That's not an appropriate reason for deciding to declare war on Earth.

I am interested in why the knights didn't fight during the Heaven's Fall battle in 1999. Was that just the Vers Army then? And if so, what were the knights doing all that time, or are they just sent in as the big guns in a last resort?

And if they didn't fight in the war, what are they doing in the Satellite Belt now? Did they come after the moon was destroyed, just to keep in eye on Earth?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 13:07   Link #1070
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Well the full soundtrack list is out and it's kind of as I feared in multiple ways:

Spoiler for OST Track Names:

Very short soundtrack for a mecha series though it's possible there could be a 2nd OST on the way for the second half. Sawano is using the same weird leetspeak encoding style (really silly naming convention IMO but no doubt some will find it cool ) he used for Kill la Kill and the soundtrack is about the same size overall so I just having this feeling we're probably going to want to get used to hearing a lot of similar sounding tracks fairly often.

All I hope is that the producers at least opt to tone down the vocal stuff as while a lot of people seemed to like it in the opening episode I can see it getting old just as fast as something like Don't Lose Your Way got in Kill la Kill after it's used for 20+ big bombastic scenes. I've always found a really strong bombastic track works best when you associate it with one particular climatic scene and not all of them.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 13:12   Link #1071
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I dont understand. if they know mars environment is barely suitable. why suddenly 340.000 decide to colonies.

did gov really have some kinda fake marketing or something? if so why?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 13:15   Link #1072
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post

Seriously it gonna be a major pain in the ass when I gonna search for the soundtracks using these kind of names.
Old 2014-07-18, 13:38   Link #1073
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I dont understand. if they know mars environment is barely suitable. why suddenly 340.000 decide to colonies.

did gov really have some kinda fake marketing or something? if so why?
Yeah it seems like they just gave the colonists shovels and just, "Alright start planting some trees"

I mean seriously wouldn't it make sense to...I dunno send in an army to secure and set up the basic necessities before even sending random people?
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 13:45   Link #1074
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'm sorry, but none of these points are helping the Vers Empire any on the moral standpoint.

So they had to struggle to get Mars hospitable and went there even though they knew it would be hard. Big whoop. Join all the other poor immigrants in history.

They're mad that the Earth didn't acknowledge them as a country and therefore broke up relations? There's a lot of countries that the UN and thus the Earth completely ignore and refuse to acknowledge as a country. Ask Sealand.
That's not an appropriate reason for deciding to declare war on Earth.

I am interested in why the knights didn't fight during the Heaven's Fall battle in 1999. Was that just the Vers Army then? And if so, what were the knights doing all that time, or are they just sent in as the big guns in a last resort?

And if they didn't fight in the war, what are they doing in the Satellite Belt now? Did they come after the moon was destroyed, just to keep in eye on Earth?
It doesn't. According to this, the settlers went to Mars with the hopes of a better life, but after they arrived the powers that be couldn't arrive at a unanimous decision to terraform and kept dilly dallying even when the settlers were living under awful conditions.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 14:29   Link #1075
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
the settlers went to Mars with the hopes of a better life.
That doesn't make any sense. I mean, it's fucking Mars. Even if they had the best conditions and equipment, it still wouldn't be a better life. Besides, why would the "powers that be" not give them the proper conditions if they were the ones who sent the settlers there in the first place. This doesn't make any sense either. It's like if NASA was negligent with one of their missions. Why would they do that?

More importantly, they're not sending 300k people to Mars for the lulz, right? I assume they sent them there to do research on a potential Martian civilization. So this should be an important mission of the highest priority. Why so much negligence then?
Old 2014-07-18, 14:47   Link #1076
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
Well the full soundtrack list is out and it's kind of as I feared in multiple ways:

I lost it at "sad scene." They use such complicated names just to later use sad scene
Old 2014-07-18, 14:50   Link #1077
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that track listing is hilarious

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 14:56   Link #1078
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
More episode 3 preview pictures

Spoiler for Already helping MC team huh,well she have reason for that:
Spoiler for Comparison pics:

~Go Muse Go~!!!

Force Trillram to Start Dash-ing his way back to Mars, after a Snow-Halation of Umi leaves him totally defeated.

Please excuse my silliness here. I might as well get some silly fun out of this show when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That doesn't make any sense. I mean, it's fucking Mars. Even if they had the best conditions and equipment, it still wouldn't be a better life. Besides, why would the "powers that be" not give them the proper conditions if they were the ones who sent the settlers there in the first place. This doesn't make any sense either. It's like if NASA was negligent with one of their missions. Why would they do that?

More importantly, they're not sending 300k people to Mars for the lulz, right? I assume they sent them there to do research on a potential Martian civilization. So this should be an important mission of the highest priority. Why so much negligence then?
... the timeline and story background is this hard to pick sense out of.
Old 2014-07-18, 15:52   Link #1079
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Seriously it gonna be a major pain in the ass when I gonna search for the soundtracks using these kind of names.
I really dont like when they use complicated names for the soundtrack too . Makes it real annoying to look it up later.
Old 2014-07-18, 16:05   Link #1080
Key Board
Carbon

weird OST titles are a Sawano thing..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sci-fi