AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-03, 18:23   Link #1141
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Raki will factor into it since both care about him to some degree. I really think that Priscilla is kuudere for him... I mean, she saved him from the Destroyer Parasites and also spared him by not just cleaving him in two like she did to Dae. There's just something about Raki...
Old 2013-12-03, 18:41   Link #1142
Kazu-kun

Well, what Chronos told Raki back in chapter 132 is still up there.
Old 2013-12-03, 21:57   Link #1143
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Raki will factor into it since both care about him to some degree. I really think that Priscilla is kuudere for him... I mean, she saved him from the Destroyer Parasites and also spared him by not just cleaving him in two like she did to Dae. There's just something about Raki...
I think she look more like a tsundere.
She usually belittle him, say that she don't care about him, she saved him only out of convenient... Basically, she's just the typical "I-It's not like I like you or anything".
And I bet she cut him because she think he was getting back with his ex-girlfriend. Raki hugged a naked Clare right in front of her after all.
Old 2013-12-03, 23:32   Link #1144
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

no legitimate criticism? have you been reading the damn thing? it turned to trash immediately after the time skip. you'll be hard pressed to find someone who has been reading it since the beginning who actually enjoyed the way its turned out. its barely readable as is right now.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 03:55   Link #1145
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
no legitimate criticism? have you been reading the damn thing? it turned to trash immediately after the time skip. you'll be hard pressed to find someone who has been reading it since the beginning who actually enjoyed the way its turned out. its barely readable as is right now.
Though certain arcs certainly turned out to be disappointing, calling it barely readable is plain exaggeration.

I liked several developments post-time skip, and hated others. Pre-time skip wasn't all good either tbh, but people like to wear tinted glasses when looking at it.

and for the record, I have read it since volume 1.
Old 2013-12-04, 04:59   Link #1146
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
no legitimate criticism?
Yes, no legitimate criticism. Just persistent bitching and whining from a vocal minority.

Quote:
have you been reading the damn thing? it turned to trash immediately after the time skip.
I have been reading and have been paying attention while doing it. Claymore had never turned to trash. In fact it's better now then it was before. In fact try to prove it to me that it's trash, please. I've seen every single argument that it tried to claim that and they are all BS.

Quote:
you'll be hard pressed to find someone who has been reading it since the beginning who actually enjoyed the way its turned out. its barely readable as is right now.
And how can you prove this claim of yours? Do you have sales numbers that shows decline? No? Didn't think so.
Old 2013-12-05, 13:53   Link #1147
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

a quick search of the first two pages of "japanese comic ranking" on ANN shows 1 claymore vol. in the top 50 sales for each of those results (spanning typically 2010 through 2013). the one result was in a 2010 ranking.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/sear...+comic+ranking

feel free to click through more results if you'd like. i'm sure if i looked harder, i'd be able to find the actual rankings, but i don't think there's a need to.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2013-12-06, 14:46   Link #1149
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yay, so it still sells~ ... >.>

Whatever, this won't affect me enjoying it/not enjoying Claymore to the end. My only 'complaint' is that it won't be nearly as 'epic' as the ending I already have in my head - but that's just my imagination.
Old 2013-12-06, 15:19   Link #1150
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ah, so i was just looking at the wrong dates. it really peaks and drops off that quickly for sales? learn something new every day.

but yeah, selling well doesn't mean its good. from my personal enjoyment, several people on here, reddit, etc, it seems a lot of people don't really enjoy how its turned out.

Old 2013-12-06, 16:00   Link #1151
CBredbeard
Banned

At this point, the only way for Claymore to end on a good note is if Teresa sheds Clare's skin and proceeds to beat Priscilla down with "The Touch" playing in the background.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 17:42   Link #1152
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
it really peaks and drops off that quickly for sales? learn something new every day.
Well, that's how it works. The biggest rush is within the two weeks after it gets published.

Quote:
but yeah, selling well doesn't mean its good.
Hey, you're the one who first brought up the relation between the amount of people reading it and it's quality.

Quote:
from my personal enjoyment, several people on here, reddit, etc, it seems a lot of people don't really enjoy how its turned out.
And, how many more people do you think there are who are happy with it and simply don't feel the need to say anything? Hell how many do you think there are that are just reading it and never even went to any kind of forum? (Well those sales number could give you a hint for that ) And just because there are some who are complaining it means squat if their reasons for doing so make no sense.

I may not post much but I've been here for quite a while. I've been here since even before the whining started. And I have seen tons and tons of posts trying to prove that chapter x sucks or that character x or that the whole post time skip story sucks. Every single one of those had serious logical fallacies at best. And let's not forget that pre time skip Claymore wasn't exactly flawless either.
Old 2013-12-07, 15:20   Link #1153
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
i just wanna see Teresa again.
As much as I want to see her too... I can't see a way of bringing her back to life. Sure, we've seen some crazy stuff but bringing someone back from the dead with only their flesh which is inside someone else? The other awakens will have to weaken Priscilla more for Clare and Co to finish her somehow.
Old 2013-12-28, 07:25   Link #1154
Dj0rel
True Believer

Summary of Chapter 146 by God Eye Galatea from magahelpers.

Spoiler for ch 146:
Old 2013-12-30, 17:05   Link #1155
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter is out!

Spoiler:

No new chapter until February...bummer.
Old 2013-12-30, 22:51   Link #1156
ShiroiRyu

WOWOW !
The ending was powerful !
Clare who stop Priscilla ! Oo
Old 2013-12-30, 23:16   Link #1157
Esclair

I feel like we're going to get trolled. Even with everyone combined Priscilla is still just playing around with them.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 23:34   Link #1158
Shungin12

what about the dragon kin arent they at war with the organization
and wasn't claymore/awakened beings create to fight them
I could be wrong on this havent forgot some of the chapters its been a while
Shungin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 23:36   Link #1159
TimeSkip

Quote:
i just wanna see Teresa again.
Somehow, I think we will see Teresa agian.

Priscilla is just too powerful. The remaining ABs and worriors are ganging up on her, but she just toys with them.

In chapter 146, Clare seems to have a chance, but I think everyone will be beaten, and the last moment Clare might be temporarily awaken as Teresa.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 04:02   Link #1160
Blaat

Surely 2014 will be the final year of Claymore?