AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-01-09, 18:09   Link #761
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
After the author has demonstrated Noah's power through killing off a baddie who's been a threat for a while, plus shown Kid being scared of something other than chaos, I'd be put out if he now decides to clear this mess up quickly.

What makes you think Kid won't be trapped for long?
There is nothing that leads me to think he will? What possibly leads you to think he will? Because he's powerful? The Kishen is godlike and they survived an encounter with him. He could have simply killed them after they attacked him, but he did not. I simply see no reason for him to remain there for any meaningful period of time. Not to mention Kid is a very popular character. I mean really, who is going to miss Mosquito? Arachnphobia doesn't have much of a fanbase anyway, so I doubt anyone except a few of us will even care about him.

I wouldn't care honestly. I am more interested in what happened to Arachne, Chrona, Medusa(What she has in mind) and, Stein than I am of seeing almighty lord of evil books do anything. Though I am sympatthetic to your dismay at the notion of an early release.
The Monarch of Roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 19:06   Link #762
lmd_84

Actually, I just thought you'd noticed something I hadn't to suggest that Kid would be easily set free.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 19:43   Link #763
The Monarch of Roses

My fault, I came off as a dick and I didn't even mean to. Sorry about that, Tmd. I didn't mean to imply he'd be easily set free just that I don't think he'd be trapped for that long. I am honestly hoping Kid becomes a villain if only because it'd be cool to see an evil Shinigami.
Old 2009-01-09, 19:47   Link #764
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
While I would like Kid to get out of there I'm not too optimistic. Whatever forces that might care to rescue him are going to be pretty exhausted. Sid is good to go since he's avoided major action, but not sure he can do it alone. If Black Star wins he'll hardly be up to charge after Noah. Long as Maka and Soul are with Medusa I'm worried about them as well. But here's hoping he doesn't remain a part of the glossary for too long.

Do wonder about Kid and facing insanity. I mean you show him something unsymmetrical and that's pretty close. His head might explode if we had him influenced by it.
Old 2009-01-10, 01:10   Link #765
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
I found the raws

Spoiler for ch 57:
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 08:11   Link #766
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobasuu View Post
I found the raws

Spoiler for ch 57:
Scanlations are out.
Spoiler:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 10:34   Link #767
Zestelne
Devious Fangirl

Send a message via MSN to Zestelne
Spoiler for Soul Eater 57:
Zestelne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 11:53   Link #768
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
chapt 57
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 14:33   Link #769
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Noah hid Kid in the Lord of the Rings triology novel, to find his way back he will have to experience every page.

Joking aside I think that inside the book, Kidd will have a revelation and find out more about stuff such as Eibon and his father or at least get a power up like a permanent Sanzu or something like that because if Noah is such a great collector he probably has something or someone that is valuable and linked to Shinigami other than Kidd.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 18:11   Link #770
lmd_84

From what I recall of Tolkien's prose, Kid would hate that. If Noah's the avid collector he claims, I also think Kid will find out something useful in the book of Eibon.

Read a scan of 57:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-10, 20:13   Link #771
Zoe

All that is assuming that Kid would even be conscious inside of the book...
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 02:29   Link #772
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
I'm glad Arache is alive. I don't care about her too much, but this means at least there will be a more than decent fight before her death rather than her getting sliced out without notice.
Which could mean that she delibrately hid to get away from The Lord of Evil Books, Noah.
Some people are saying she gave birth that's why she "died".

I don't think she hid from him because Noah already knew what she was doing. As he stated during his debut, Arachne has completed her magic training, which seems to fit whatever is happening to her now. I doubt she'd leave her body after going through all the trouble of hiding it and her soul's become much larger than before.
Besides, if she wanted to hide she could merely become thousands of spiders again instead of one hulking mass of spiritual energy.

As I stated before, Noah's new title shall be Almighty Lord of Evil Books. My first decree be that his title be highlighted in order to emphasize his position as the lord of all evil books and librarians.

Last edited by The Monarch of Roses; 2009-01-11 at 03:38.
Old 2009-01-11, 03:54   Link #773
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Noah hid Kid in the Lord of the Rings triology novel, to find his way back he will have to experience every page.
Knowing Kidd he'd probably just waltz right into Mordor.

Gandalf would facepalm. :<

JOKING ASIDE I can't really see either Black Star or Mifune dying given that most long running shonen manga tend to never kill off characters -coughhacknarutooocoughhack- but given how everything went down they both got beaten pretty badly so i wonder how they'd get out of that whole situation. And yeah Atsushi i'm totally up for a plot twist involving the whole Shinigami/Eibon thing..

.. andddddd Kid's origin... pleaaase? 8D

And while ur at it some Maka and Thompson sisters backstory would be nice >.>
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 05:23   Link #774
lmd_84

With all the talk about the 'way of the warrior' I'm starting to think Mifune and Black Star have forgotten where they are, and what they're doing there. It's not just a stage for them to fling challenges and get the upper hand over one another.
Old 2009-01-11, 08:24   Link #775
BelovedSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobasuu
.. andddddd Kid's origin... pleaaase? 8D
Seconded! There isn't information about Kid's past and, more or less, we have already seen something about the others (Maka, Soul, BS, Tsubaki, Thompson Sisters and Crona) but nothing about Kid when was a...kid.

And I think that an Evil!Brainwashed!Kid would be cool >D~ Kid as an enemy would be very interesting
BelovedSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 15:45   Link #776
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
With all the talk about the 'way of the warrior' I'm starting to think Mifune and Black Star have forgotten where they are, and what they're doing there. It's not just a stage for them to fling challenges and get the upper hand over one another.
Their duel is far too important to be concerned about minor things like the overall struggle . I mean even Sid has dropped everything else to watch the fight. These characters are pretty satisfied to just do their own thing. Ox going after Kim, Kid chasing after Mosquito, BlackStar duelling Mifune, etc. Maka and Soul are probably the only ones actually on the mission assigned right now .
Spoiler for Chapter 57:
Old 2009-01-11, 16:26   Link #777
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Actually I think Mifune will survive just barely along with Black Star and Mifune will accept the two as equals and Mifune will take Stein's place as a teacher with the condition they will take care of Angela and treat her as a normal child.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan

Last edited by Cub-Sama; 2009-01-11 at 17:08.
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 22:37   Link #778
spaz

Black star won this fight pretty much. Mifune got stabbed right into the rib and Black Star just got his arm slashed pretty bad.
spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 06:56   Link #779
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedSong View Post
Seconded! There isn't information about Kid's past and, more or less, we have already seen something about the others (Maka, Soul, BS, Tsubaki, Thompson Sisters and Crona) but nothing about Kid when was a...kid.

And I think that an Evil!Brainwashed!Kid would be cool >D~ Kid as an enemy would be very interesting
I want an evil/brainwashed!Kid as well!
Sno-Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 07:37   Link #780
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Brainwashed? How about a Kid who hates symmetry?
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen