041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 1 4.35%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: This makes me miss filler... 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-17, 07:12   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 199 (Here there be Canon)

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

Episode 199:
Five Kage Summit`s Eve - 五影登場 ~ Gokage Tōjō.

Description: canon episode

Episode 199
Animation Supervisor: Naoki Takahashi (188, 177, 170)
Storyboard: Toshiya Niidome (188, 178, 170)
Episode Director: Naoki Horiuchi (188, 177, 170)
Screenplay: Katsuhiko Chiba (197, 190, 185)

Naruto's Appeal - ナルトの懇願 ~ Naruto no Kongan.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-02-17 at 10:02.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 07:46   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This was an introduction episode for 2 new hokage. Mizukage is by far the most interesting. Self conscious ladies who have their biological clock on the mind constantly make up for a lot of comedy. For the sake of Ao's health, I hope she hooks up soon. Mizukage was adorable! Raikage, on the other hand, is just pure testosterone. After all, the man makes his own door when he needs to get out of a room. I seriously wonder how Naruto is going to have a conversation with him and even if he manages to hold a conversation, how he will be able to get through to him.

While the episode didn't have much going on for it in terms of content, there were still two pieces of information that came about it. Danzo has a sharingan and apparently there is a samurai nation!! I'm intrigued!

P.S. James will add the poll when he wakes up. Oh and, in before KiNA.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 09:19   Link #3
neshru

So Danzou used an air attack? I always thought he was spitting needles out of his mouth.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 09:37   Link #4
haegar
mangaviking

all in all saitisfying, they seem to settle back ino the flow nicely. Humor wasn't killer but for the most part fun. THey first shot of Naruto looking just like Danzo with his eye bandaged was lol
Old 2011-02-17, 10:06   Link #5
james0246

So...was anyone else surprised by Fuu's orange hair . Definetly did not see that coming...

p.s. thanks Monir for starting the thread.
Old 2011-02-17, 10:47   Link #6
Jerseykid

It's funny, so much of Naruto revolves around the eyes of people and Danzo always had that one eye covered but I never associated that with the possibility of him hiding the sharingan.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 11:56   Link #7
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Man, I sure hope Mizukage falls for naruto ;D. Would be a good way to end some conflicts between two nations, especially if Naruto becomes a hokageee
Old 2011-02-17, 12:04   Link #8
james0246

^Is there a conflict between Kiri and Konoha? The last war seemed to be between Konoha and Iwa, and the war previous was Konoha and Suna (and Kumo and Ame). In fact, I don't think Kiri has been involved in any of the Great Wars. So, there is no real conflict between Konoha and Kiri.
Old 2011-02-17, 12:18   Link #9
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Is there a conflict between Kiri and Konoha? The last war seemed to be between Konoha and Iwa, and the war previous was Konoha and Suna (and Kumo and Ame). In fact, I don't think Kiri has been involved in any of the Great Wars. So, there is no real conflict between Konoha and Kiri.
Well just in case. And besides, they can set the precedent for the rest of the countries.

Stop bashing on my wishful thinking :'( *sniff*.

p.s. - that avatar is hilarious, was that actually in a episode? Or was that photoshopped
Old 2011-02-17, 14:55   Link #10
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
So Danzou used an air attack? I always thought he was spitting needles out of his mouth.
Close... but Danzou used Wind release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It seems that Kiri never participated in previous wars. The "conflict" between Kiri and the other Villages is because their internal affairs mostly related to Akatsuki's origin and "civil wars". Perhaps the way the 4th Mizukage ruled Kiri was the reason there is some distrust, they weren't known as the Village of the Bloody Mist for nothing.

Besides, the land of water is just to the west of the land of fire... guess what country was between them... i don't know if it's a spoiler, so i will keep it...

I didn't like Mizukage's voice, i was expecting something different.
Old 2011-02-17, 18:57   Link #11
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Maybe because they were jumping around so much, but this episode felt so short.

I already knew Fu's hair color from a colored pic in the manga, but it still looked odd.

I like the Mizukage's voice. It's not exactly what I expected though. Her hair looks like a Christmas tree from the back. Ao is okay. I wanted to like Chojuro, but seeing his design in color and his voice just made me not like the character. That voice.

The old Tsuchikage will be comic relief. I think the girl with him is my favorite. She is like Anko's smart mouthed kid sister.

For some reason, the Sand Sibs departure was so much better and epic in the manga. It was really blah here. Temari was so pretty in that panel in the manga, but so plain and less attractive looking here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Man, I sure hope Mizukage falls for naruto ;D. Would be a good way to end some conflicts between two nations, especially if Naruto becomes a hokageee
I think she wants a man rather than a boy. Kakashi sounds good. She just has to beat out that woman from the filler who was in love with him and the ghost of Rin.
Old 2011-02-17, 19:18   Link #12
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
darui comes off alot like kakashi. didnt seem that way in manga.
also i have to say, i like danzous character alot. its like a seinen character in a shonen-world.
root ftw
Old 2011-02-17, 20:00   Link #13
kitten320

Yeh... somehow I imagined Mizukage's voice to be more funny like...

Tsuchukade also sounds differently from what I imagined...
Old 2011-02-17, 22:17   Link #14
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Darui has that lazy eye thing going like Kakashi. He is sort of an ugly Kakashi with better hair.

The Tsuchikage just looks weird animated.

I'll say it. Samui > Mizukage. She wasn't as pretty animated as I thought she would be.

And I think Karui likes Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Temari was so pretty in that panel in the manga, but so plain and less attractive looking here.
Temari is plain looking and considered average. The anime is drawing her the way she is suppose to be. You've been looking at too much sexy Shikamaru x Temari fanart. She isn't a beauty like the Mizukage, Tsunade, or even Ino. She is sort of manish in the face like a boy.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 04:59   Link #15
Lumir

Another person with 1 eye sharingan... Wonder where his is from. And what his ties with orochimaru are. Nice introduction of the new characters, it will be interesting to find out what powers they posses if a battle ensues during the summit.
Old 2011-02-18, 05:54   Link #16
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Bah, humbug! The canon comes back and is so interesting but now I have to wait a week for the next episode.

So, Danzo had a Sharingan under the bandage. Now I wanna see what's under his arm bandages.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 10:41   Link #17
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Crow View Post
Bah, humbug! The canon comes back and is so interesting but now I have to wait a week for the next episode.

So, Danzo had a Sharingan under the bandage. Now I wanna see what's under his arm bandages.
Probably underarm hair...
Old 2011-02-19, 20:11   Link #18
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

The voices all fit pretty well. That was the thing I was most worried about. The Tsuchikage I always pictured as sounding like Don Brown (the guy who voiced Dr. J in the English dub of Gundam Wing) and this sounded close enough (I guess), but he didn't have many lines here, so it's hard to tell. I expected him to sound a little more grumpy really, but we'll see. The Land of Iron looks beautiful with its snowy landscape. I knew it would be.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 02:03   Link #19
Maxtro

Quote:

My guess is something pretty nasty since he appears to have locks on that arm.

I wonder if Orochimru wanted Danzo's body at some point. Though that doesn't seem likely considering they're probably around the same age.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 03:29   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

Tentacles, for when he's training his root ninjas

Oh wait... wrong series? XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote